Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am 
I concur with the puzzling concern in the last panel.
Whatever the reason, it's important enough for her to distract her from being as quick to react as she usually is in a fight.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am 
I found it amusing that Oasis says "you got under her skin" -- immediately after she talked about Chen quite literally getting under HER skin. :oasis:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
It might be just an attempt to distract Torg from Chen but it might point to some familiarity between Kusari and Torg, something Schlock alluded to earlier. Knowing Pete, it's both.

Speaking of the devil, I wonder if Schlock really was in the fortress and died.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Marcus wrote:
yurak wrote:
Oh Marcus what have you done?

I'm innocent!

I personally dont think Kurasi wants Torg going after Chen. Still... this suggests Kurasi does have some sort of established relationship with Torg and that narrows down who she really is.

Kusari always follows her orders, even if it kills her.

Her last order was to take Chen and do *something*.
The incoming Riff is also a high priority kill order, but I wonder which has the highest priority to her.

I can't imagine kusari getting all emotional now, but hey.... it's the 20+ deadline! Anything is fair game now!

It hardly matters which order takes priority, because with both Oasis and Bun-Bun there she won't be able to accomplish either of them. Unless Bun-Bun decides to take her place fighting Oasis, of course.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
I concur with the puzzling concern in the last panel.
Whatever the reason, it's important enough for her to distract her from being as quick to react as she usually is in a fight.

Yeah, something's not right there. I've never seen Kusari get rattled in a fight before. Even against dozens of vampires she was cocky. Now she's getting all upset about Torg walking out on the fight, AND she lets Oasis get in a solid gut kick. That's not normal.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:20 pm 
gilotyna wrote:
It might be just an attempt to distract Torg from Chen but it might point to some familiarity between Kusari and Torg, something Schlock alluded to earlier. Knowing Pete, it's both.

Speaking of the devil, I wonder if Schlock really was in the fortress and died.

There was a mysterious "ZAPPO" during the implosion, but taking that train of thought any further would be SPEC.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm 
Kusari was riding with Chen to keep him in check, because he's not trusted. She jumped off the motorcycle to stop Torg from following them. Apparently keeping outsiders away from the rebirth facility had a higher priority than watching Chen. Now Oasis is preventing Kusari both from preventing Torg from following Chen to the rebirth facility, and from keeping Chen in check. It's no wonder if she's getting frustrated.

Well that's what it looks like at least.

I don't see much evidence that Kusari knows Torg better than she should. Her comment about Torg's intelligence sounds mostly like she's trying to provoke an enemy. If anything, it suggests that she doesn't know that Torg doesn't care what anyone thinks about his intelligence. But anyway, consider that Hereti-Corp has at times been surveilling Torg and friends rather closely, and that Schlock is fully aware that he's made Torg's his enemy. I can't imagine that studying Torg's file isn't part of Kusari's job.

Of course, none of that proves that Kusari doesn't know Torg personally.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 pm 
I like how cheerful Oasis is in the first panel, while describing what sounds like essentially a small surgery without anesthetic as though he had just treated her to lunch. Definitely makes you suspicious about what just happened with them.

Rombobjörn wrote:
Kusari was riding with Chen to keep him in check, because he's not trusted. She jumped off the motorcycle to stop Torg from following them. Apparently keeping outsiders away from the rebirth facility had a higher priority than watching Chen. Now Oasis is preventing Kusari both from preventing Torg from following Chen to the rebirth facility, and from keeping Chen in check. It's no wonder if she's getting frustrated.

Well that's what it looks like at least.

I rather like this explanation for her behavior.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions