Six Sticks a Plotting
Fiiiiiive Eat-en Boooooooks
Four Ships a Parked
Three Drunk Friends
Two Sleepless Nights
and A Nerd-Boy with a Sock-Lop

* sung to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance on Top Web Comics. You can vote once every 24 hours per device.
The vote is in your click.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 am 
In retrospect, Sasha's expression in the 3rd-to-last flashback panel makes me wonder if she didn't know about Riff also being an hC employee until that point in time..? Like she didn't actually know the source of the Oasis & Aylee info?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
What I get from this is that Torg has been betrayed by Riff, betrayed by Sasha, and betrayed by Gwynn. I think he needs new friends all around.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 am 
Bottom row, 2nd panel; if my rusty Chinese is correct, the sign says "This is written in China". For some reason, I find that very funny. (The words on Torg's bag in that panel are unreadable - I can't get a good enough look)

Oh and Torg is holding hostages now? Looks like he remembers rule 195 of the Evil Overlord's list:
"I will not use hostages as bait in a trap. Unless you're going to use them for negotiation or as human shields, there's no point in taking them."

Edit: Never mind, I'm blind: The words on Torg's bag are in the 3rd row from bottom. The top character means "Fish" and the second probably means "Fruit" given that Torg seems to be grocery shopping; the second character could also mean "Result" though how that fits is anyone's guess. Hmm, what exactly is a "Fish Fruit"? Or for that matter, a "Fish Result" - oh wait, could that be an accurate description of the end of this particular mission. :pun:

Last edited by slightlylooney on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:19 am 
Monicruel and Slaughteresa tied up? Think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am 
I still don't buy it.

/stubborn

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am 
Also, 2nd row from bottom, last panel, Torg says "I have a new options to consider" - there should not be an "s" at the end of "option".

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am 
Couldn't help but laugh seeing Moni and Slaw tied up as hostages. Go Sam. :sam:

I'm still deciding what to think of Sasha's recent Arminius impersonation. I've always really liked Sasha, I think of all the characters she's had the all-around best attitude. And there's part of me that's troubled knowing that it was faked to one degree or another. But at the same time, it's been interesting to read back over the archives with the knowledge that she's been working for hC all along. It places an interesting perspective on a lot of those early and recent stories.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Thinking back, how exactly did Hereti-Corp fall? Maybe I forgot something. I know Chen took the fall right after the Aylee clone situation blew everything up, but the news report seems to imply that even if Hereti-Corp had killed everyone and won, they still would have been found out by the Feds. Maybe that explains how Sasha knew Hereti-Corp was about to end and had planned ahead of time to move to Washington.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020530
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020810
But I guess not before taking a few last minute pictures?

Also: was Schlock guessing here and assumed it was Riff and not Sasha, or did he have direct knowledge of this?
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20020730

Well, gotta give props to whoever tied up Teresa. I figured that as a thief she put a bunch of points into "escape artist" and can easily escape shoddy rope tying skills, so these must be pro ropes.

Bad Torg, letting raw, non-newspaper wrapped fish directly touch your apples. Nasty dude.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
It's been said before, but I'm going to say it again: Pete needs to write scripts for Dr. Who.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:29 am 
Torg worries us all sometimes. This is in fact a good thing; it means is that he hasn't been replaced by a robot or an alien clone or something.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
SiliconWolf wrote:
It's been said before, but I'm going to say it again: Pete needs to write scripts for Dr. Who.
Why would you want to limit Pete's creative ability?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am 
Only sometimes, Zoe?

Man, we haven't seen Percy in, like, forever! I wonder what he's up to nowadays?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 am 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
slightlylooney wrote:
Bottom row, 2nd panel; if my rusty Chinese is correct, the sign says "This is written in China". For some reason, I find that very funny.
Hmm, what exactly is a "Fish Fruit"? Or for that matter, a "Fish Result" - oh wait, could that be an accurate description of the end of this particular mission. :pun:
I couldn't possibly read that, but when I saw the fish in the bag, I immediately thought of the Swedish Fish at Bjorkea.
Apparently Torg intends to torment his hostages with the same cuisine that his gang has been eating.
Your cooking is a CROTCH!

Also:
"Hey Zoe! I woke you up to tell you something that you'll never believe. And you're safe where you are, so you should stay there."

Couldn't you just call in the morning and not give the poor girl nightmares?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 am 
I don't think one single person in the spec forum correctly predicted hostages! :torg:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions