Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:19 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
rit wrote:
Plus it gives me a week to iron out the rest of Pete's absurd demands on the new siet.

And restore Weekly View. Seriously guys, stop throwing bricks through my window. My landlord and my car insurance company are no longer amused. :bert:

You mean the new site? And put in Lexan it takes a lot to go through that (although considering the amount of antimatter and other reactive matters that this group carries around on a regular basis...).

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 am 
rit wrote:
The offer is still open if you'd like to integrate NiftySearch into Sluggy's server. Now that the site is live, it should be easier. E.g. getting access to the database might help :)
Yeah, it would, but it looks like you have plenty on your plate already, so we'll sort that out later.

Right now I'm perfectly happy with NiftySearch's shiny new domain http://www.sluggy.info ... well, as long as Pete is happy with that too, I guess.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:38 pm 
the root of all evil
the root of all evil
AOL: rit+0042
DaveRhodes wrote:
rit wrote:
The offer is still open if you'd like to integrate NiftySearch into Sluggy's server. Now that the site is live, it should be easier. E.g. getting access to the database might help :)
Yeah, it would, but it looks like you have plenty on your plate already, so we'll sort that out later.

Right now I'm perfectly happy with NiftySearch's shiny new domain http://www.sluggy.info ... well, as long as Pete is happy with that too, I guess.

Sure, let me know what you need.

I just added NiftySearch and the NiftyPedia to the navigation menu on the new site; the next bug fix update (probably tonight) will include links.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:20 am 
AOL: SpiriTsunami
Whoa, looks like we're not getting a filler week after all. Sweet.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 am 
Spirit Tsunami wrote:
Whoa, looks like we're not getting a filler week after all. Sweet.

Yes, Pete's father and/or spouse were probably beating up on him too much again. :torg:

Kevin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:50 am 
How could this storyline possibly be wrapped up in two weeks?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
How could this storyline possibly be wrapped up in two weeks?

It's gonna be like TWR, I think. Chapter 59 ends with some kind of closure or a moment of respite, and Chapter 60 begins afterwards, maybe after a time jump, and at the end of 60 we're back at (relatively) normal.
Come to think of it, it would fit if the line is drawn between bURNED and Picking up the pieces.
bROKEN is already the longest chapter in Sluggy anyway. (it begun on 12/01/08, i.e. over 8 months long. The average is ~2.35!)

The reason I'm posting is I have another suggestion about the restoration of weekly view. Could we get a option to only view the main strips and exclude filler and/or guest strips (both for weekly and single mode, if we're at it)? The Drowtales Archive has such a filter and I found it quite comfortable. The MitDoPs on every sat during a epic tale like TWR or OU disturb the mood a lot.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 pm 
Bandersnatch's brilliant parody of Phantom of the Opera (Lop'ra) got me thinking about other brilliant Sluggy masterpieces -- namely those starring in the 10 year celebration montage. What ever happened to that? Will we ever get access to it again? (I apparently don't think that Rit has enough to do... :gwynn: )

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 am 
I'm confused, did bROKEN just end? The news blurb at the top suggests that tomorrow is filler already, but the news said that a week from tomorrow would be. What's going on?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:56 am 
rit wrote:
I just added NiftySearch and the NiftyPedia to the navigation menu on the new site; the next bug fix update (probably tonight) will include links.

Awesome 'possum! That makes the main page one stop shopping for all my sluggy needs.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 am 
AOL: SpiriTsunami
Yeah, it looks like it's going to be filler sooner than we thought...unless it's just poorly worded.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:11 am 
You know, that news item is even scarier than the comic today...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:20 pm 
AOL: JayLv99
O_O

no.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 pm 
Very worrying, but still pretty vague. I have hope. Also "...the dominoes are still falling."

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
I just read the news post. [Throws Pete around the room] I... CAN'T... LOSE... THEM... AGAIN!!! [/Throws Pete around the room]
Why it's "AGAIN" would require a whole story arch and a Ph. D. in urology.
EDIT:Sorry, a bit hasty there. Since Oasis is no longer the focus, the new focus will clearly be saving Riff and Zoe. Right? RIGHT??? :torg:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions