Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 am 
AOL: x86EliGottlieb
This thread is for reacting to any news items posted on the main page, it is not for reacting to the comic itself. This way you can talk about news items for a couple days past the original post date without interfering with the reactions to the comics.

No actual reactions to the comic itself here and of course, no speculation.

I'm starting this off with the previously removed reactions from the non-existent 10/19 comic.
-Wile E

Pure, mofoing evil. But he'll fall for it.

I have no idea what Crazed is referring to. But anyway it's the first post so, Crazed, you get to be the "thread creator" but no editing this post. -WE

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:12 am 
No comic? That's alright, Pete. We'll let you off this time.
Sleep well, dream of nice things like... bunnies. Oh, right. Well, what about, say, kittens? No? Um. Butterflies?

Sigh.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:20 am 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
Hey, Pete? It's really ok. I was surprised that you were working on today's comic as late as you did. As psychotically obsessed as we are with your comic (which is a compliment, in some bizarre way that shows most of us need psychotherapy dealing with how intensely we show our love), we also understand that you are human, and that this is a side gig (despite how much you still manage to put forth, tricking us into thinking that Sluggy IS YOUR LIFE).

Anyway, with my extreme digressions... even though we are an obsessed bunch, we still want you to stay sane and whole. Rest up, Pete. You did your best. Hell, you're still going to give us the whole crazy color stuff, just a tad later than you meant to.

I will continue to eagerly check from home as well as every hotel I stay at (and as a flight attendant, that means many, many hotels. In fact, every once in awhile I'll get feisty and change the homepage of a random hotel computer to sluggy.com. The next poor bastard has no idea what he's getting into! Yes I'm evil for sharing the obsession that is Sluggy). :bunbun: :kiki: Ok, my extreme digressions and I will go to bed now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:36 am 
WLM: [email protected]
It's a trick. Today's comic is actually there. It's just, if you don't love sluggy enough, you can't see it. But I'm sure everyone on this board can see it, right? We all love sluggy SO MUCH. I know I can. Hahaha! Oh, that darned Riff and his silly relationship antics. It is to laugh. What an awesome comic today.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:46 am 
Now I've started reading books again ... and not sluggy books either, those haven't come yet :(

It used to be that I just had to stay up late enough to get my Sluggy fix before heading off to sleep... now I get sucked into a novel and don't realize I'm exhausted until I have to be up in 3 hours to go to work.

Wait, no, that started a few days ago when I discovered there was a public library across the street from where I worked ... well... anyway, I still blame Sluggy for not getting my order shipped yet! Seems like it's been forever! >_> :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:01 am 
Pete. You know that most of us are just as happy with a Sunday-style monochrome strip as we are with a Sunday-style full color strip, right? A bit of color as an accent, as you use with Chaz's blade and whatnot, is glorious... but more than that is an ill use of your time and effort.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 am 
I may be pissed, but i still want sluggy.

it took me 45 min to type this, it is 930 on a friday night night and i cant see the keeboard

12 corections to date

Sorry, Pyro, I'm pulling this post over. No multiple posting and no drunk posting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:46 am 
you take as much time as you like, Pete!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 am 
Has anyone yet figured out how far ahead Pete is by having run double strips for so long?

I think we're in 2021 already Pete, you can slow down if you need.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:51 am 
Location: shanghai'ed by a high-hat beaver-mustache man. i woke up in vomit and beer in a banana bin!
Short circuits happen. They happen to some people more than others, as I can personally attest.

Pete, I have a large amount of respect for what you do, not only because of its quality but because of the fact that it's constant, relentless, and prolific. You missed a day, but don't let it get you down!

My prediction is that you probably need to take about two weeks of Stick Figures in Spaaace, a week of which to get caught up on rest and sanity and then another week to iron out your next storyline. Go for it, man! We'll still be here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:40 am 
Wait, wait. You're putting both comics up to avoid confusion?? The mind boggles.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
No comic? oh well, I'll just go back and re-read Oceans Unmoving.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:55 am 
Glad to hear your getting better!

uhm, what exactly is the time slip?
i totally can't find it even rereading it...
you peaked my curiosity :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:17 am 
Grr. Seriously, Pete, you can't win with this lot. If you hint at the passing of time (pretty anviliciously at that), people don't get it and think you're making a mistake. But if you show everything and don't skip forward, people moan that the pace is dragging! My advice? Stop trying to be helpful and just tell it how it makes sense to you.

Also? No burn-out weeks! Bad Pete! *clips ear* Work smart, not hard, remember?

(no, I've no idea what that means, but I've always taken it to mean 'cut the corners that won't show too much and accept that 'good enough' really is'. still, I suppose there's an argument if you weren't a crazy nutjob perfectionist Sluggy wouldn't be as good as it is...)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 pm 
The comic today is funny as usual Pete! You know we all love you ^_^
The comic isn't why I wanted to post though...

@ the time lines:
I honestly don't think it would matter how much time is stretched. Maybe the three week thing is a mistake, but I'd never have noticed it if everyone else had not pointed it out, then explained it two times to me until I got it.
One thing that is a bit weird is seeing events out of order - e.g. Gwynn and the zombies before it happens. When we're past this arc it might make more sense if the archives are rearranged so we can read things in the correct order ^_^

@ the filler
Even with your time off, you still seem to put out more content than most, so we really don't mind that much.
But if you want to keep the suffering of us Sluggites to a minimum, how about doing Torg Potter in stick figures, getting both over and done with at once?

*post cuts off as all of the Torg Potter fans wrestle Chris from the keyboard to stop him typing any more*

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions