Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 5411
Location: Someplace other than where I am.
Eh... It's Wednesday.

-----
And this votey thing.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:10 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 985
Location: under a pile of papers
Ah, now at last we come down to it ...
the dangers of having secrets in a world evolutionarily predisposed to honesty.
I didn't expect it to be Zoe, but it makes sense. Riff doesn't seem to interact much with the society, torgue is, despite his love for this place, okay with deception for a purpose.
Zoe though, because of her special ability and employment, is keyed to the importance of not only honesty but full disclosure, full sync between intent and action, as evidenced by the anima. Thus, in order to preclude herself from the sin of deception, she must confide the complete truth when pressed, so as to maintain that sync.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 1834
Location: Sweden
Oh, that's an unexpected turn. But the pieces were there all along! Like in a good murder mystery in old novels, the reader could piece it together.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:24 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 am
Posts: 214
Silverwalker wrote:
Oh, that's an unexpected turn. But the pieces were there all along! Like in a good murder mystery in old novels, the reader could piece it together.

No I disagree. Consider Zoe's last interaction with her partner here. With a brush off like that there's no reason to believe she would have been "full disclosure"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 am
Posts: 131
Location: Massachusetts
Now I need a bonus story on the Great Riff Potpourri Incident ....

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1257
Awww, it's Zoe's time to be the idiot now. It's nice that they share.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 am
Posts: 75
riff has already been to lyceum and didn't see his tech-o-nology. hmm i may need a detective hat for this one.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1257
tube_rat wrote:
riff has already been to lyceum and didn't see his tech-o-nology. hmm i may need a detective hat for this one.


The timeline was similar. It could have arrived just after he left.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 am
Posts: 305
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
It's confirmed: Torg was going to cut up his anima without knowing whether Zoë would accept the gift. Bad idea. He should have offered first, to hear Zoë's reaction before he did anything irrevocable.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1257
Rombobjörn wrote:
It's confirmed: Torg was going to cut up his anima without knowing whether Zoë would accept the gift. Bad idea. He should have offered first, to hear Zoë's reaction before he did anything irrevocable.


I appreciate that you sold your hair to buy me this graphics card, but I sold my computer to buy you this jewel-encrusted hair comb!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 1834
Location: Sweden
Sotanaht wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Oh, that's an unexpected turn. But the pieces were there all along! Like in a good murder mystery in old novels, the reader could piece it together.

No I disagree. Consider Zoe's last interaction with her partner here. With a brush off like that there's no reason to believe she would have been "full disclosure"

Hmm? I don't understand. She even says "Sharing is caring" in that scene, and also points out that Zoë is holding back - showing how she wants people to share. Just like she shares the technology, as is her duty.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: