Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:05 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday is here! Rejoice!

Anyway, want the games Portal and Portal 2 on Steam for free? Pick a number between 0 and 1001, and if you are the closest to my number, you win a gift bundle. Post it here or message me.

If anybody wants to try for it, you have until the next comic is up (probably the 23rd). More info here.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 am 
It took me a minute to remember what Torg was referring to, but ouch, yes, that is not a good memory. Torg and Riff are assuredly different people, and it is in these moments of tension that it shows.
The ref link made me think that if he harbored such negative feelings toward good-natured vampire Sam, who was, despite being a "monster," a real friend for Torg, how much more difficult to ignore the pain and death caused by Oasis, who has been one of the continual nightmares for a significant chunk of their lives.

Musings...
Can we think of it this way: Torg wants to "save" the "bad guys" (so they become good), whereas Riff wants to defeat the "bad guys" (so they won't do wrong again).

Panels 5, 6 and 7 were perfect!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:17 am 
I bet those schematics are puh-retty interesting.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am 
I'm not really sure where this is leading. Things kind of feel like they're running out of steam, what with so much of Schlock's crew dead and the DFA threat seemingly gone.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:41 am 
uglyface2 wrote:
I'm not really sure where this is leading. Things kind of feel like they're running out of steam, what with so much of Schlock's crew dead and the DFA threat seemingly gone.

I think that's why Riff is looking up the schematics, to advance the plot. The line doesn't really fit otherwise, seeing as how Torg should know exactly where Zoe is. Or was.

And there's really only one thing on the station layout that would interest them, at this point.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:03 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Huh, in my mind I was thinking that they were going to crack open the satellite and release Oasis's body.
But then you realize that Oasis's body is probably super weak from decades of no exercise and not being familiar with the new body. Kinda like when Neo escaped The Matrix.
We don't even know what Oasis's body currently looks like that much.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am 
Huh? There is no 'original Oasis' in the satellite. It's just a computer, as far as we know.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:56 pm 
I just realized that Torg and Gwynn leaving means that Riff, Oasis, and Bun Bun are alone there. It doesn't seem like a good mix, even with Riff's reluctant "fine."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:35 pm 
They'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Probably. They wouldn't want to upset their Torgie again. Lol

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:17 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Huh? There is no 'original Oasis' in the satellite. It's just a computer, as far as we know.

+1

I wonder what's going to happen when the Kusashas hit.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:14 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Can we think of it this way: Torg wants to "save" the "bad guys" (so they become good), whereas Riff wants to defeat the "bad guys" (so they won't do wrong again).

There have been plenty of bad guys who Torg hasn't tried to convert. I think it's more that in Riff's view a dangerous monster is forever a dangerous monster and needs to be rendered harmless, whereas Torg thinks that some monsters aren't truly evil and can become good people with a little help.

randomlanguage wrote:
I just realized that Torg and Gwynn leaving means that Riff, Oasis, and Bun Bun are alone there. It doesn't seem like a good mix, even with Riff's reluctant "fine."

Fortunately Kiki is there to remind them all to stay good.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:48 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

There have been plenty of bad guys who Torg hasn't tried to convert. I think it's more that in Riff's view a dangerous monster is forever a dangerous monster and needs to be rendered harmless, whereas Torg thinks that some monsters aren't truly evil and can become good people with a little help.

Very true. I think it also helps when the "bad guys" have in some way acted positively toward him or are in some measure not responsible for their actions.

Rombobjörn wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

Fortunately Kiki is there to remind them all to stay good.

Yes!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 am 
Well, Bun-Bun said he'd leave Oasis be until they were back down on the Earth, so I don't believe HE's a problem yet, and I don't think Riff could take Oasis on his own, even by surprise.
All is well on this front.
But I wonder just why Riff wants the station schematics...

Where ARE the two Kusasha's in the Musky-6, I believe, is the question.
They no longer obey Schlock, I think anyway, but they have an agenda with Oasis. And they may be there to clean up the HC situation. I can't wait to see what they do when they dock!

I am also eager to see what Schlock's up to. Shouldn't the router be back by now?

Where is Zoe, too?

Hmmmmm

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:18 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
But I wonder just why Riff wants the station schematics...
I am also eager to see what Schlock's up to. Shouldn't the router be back by now?

I think this is why Riff might want the station schematics. Schlock is hiding somewhere on the station. He may want to address his location.

OR it might be that Riff needs to find them a way back off this satellite. They need a ship to leave on. I suppose the second Bloody Bun can be used, but it might not be what they need to get back to Earth.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:33 am 
The Mater-2 Bloody Bun is obviously designed to fly through air, because it has wings. It would be really weird if it were designed to descend into the atmosphere but not to land.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions