Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 am 
I don't think Bun-Bun particularly cares about a rematch with Sasha though. Oasis is the one he wants a rematch with.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 pm 
I wonder if Oasis still qualifies as "innocent" now. Granted, this isn't the first time she's killed someone since "knowing herself", but it IS the first time she's killed someone she probably didn't have to.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
I wonder if Oasis still qualifies as "innocent" now. Granted, this isn't the first time she's killed someone since "knowing herself", but it IS the first time she's killed someone she probably didn't have to.

Hard to figure out how the Mystic Sword Morals work (especially since we don't know who programmed Chaz in the first place). She thought it was in self-defense... so maybe she's still considered "innocent" by whatever weird otherworldly standard they use.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:49 am 
Quote:
(especially since we don't know who programmed Chaz in the first place)

I always thought it was his forger, the Blacksmith with a name that sounds like "Bob", no?
Maybe he had a magicer there to the magicing for him, so he only had to do the forging?

I love Oasis' little smile,like "Heh-heeh, Oopsies! Sorry..."

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:42 am 
At this rate, I'm sure we'll get that story at some point. Behold the epic of BOB!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:35 pm 
We still don't even know if the sword is really judging Oasis or just her hijacked body. The cloned bodies, even if they don't quite have a life of their own technically, would reasonably be judged as innocent of anything Oasis could do, regardless of how self-aware. Remember, even Kusari was judged innocent. There are other explanations for that, but it makes me lean a little more toward the "it's not even Oasis and Kusari being judged" theory. After all the blood that powers the sword is human blood, not satellite blood. :p

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 am 
I wonder if she's still connected to the satellite, though. Maybe a "keep-alive" signal, one to keep them able to communicate at need, but the over-all need may be gone, once she "Knew herself".
IS her brain the satellite, or is her human brain independent of it now? Maybe able to draw on it at need, but otherwise...

Would the satellite be embarassed by killing an hC employee? That little "heh-heh-heh, oopsie! Ummm....Yeah, That was for MY sister!" doesn't seem like anything she's ever done before. Like when she killed the KZK spy our heroes thought was a friend. Erin, I think? She never exhibited embarassment over that, did she?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:16 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I have to say that Oasis' human body is just an organic drone controlled by her brain/soul on the satellite. The drone is not good or evil, it's merely a vessel that is remotely controlled. You can't "kill" or "judge" a puppet. Even though it is filled with blood, it's still the puppet's blood, not the puppetter's.

Dilvish wrote:
Would the satellite be embarassed by killing an hC employee? That little "heh-heh-heh, oopsie! Ummm....Yeah, That was for MY sister!" doesn't seem like anything she's ever done before. Like when she killed the KZK spy our heroes thought was a friend. Erin, I think? She never exhibited embarassment over that, did she?
With Erin, she was in Override B-1 mode and she really doesn't think about/care what happens to people who have the Hereti Corp logo as she goes on the offensive. She's not bound by the override now and she didn't kill McKay just because he was with Hereti Corp, she killed him "accidentally" in what she thought was in defense of her friends.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions