Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:07 am 
I'm just not even surprised any more. I am confused though. Nothing really bothers Sasha, but Kusari was bothered by Schlock trying to replace her with Oasis. Kusari and Sasha's personalities don't seem to match up at all and Sasha never seemed like a skilled fighter like Kusari, so what the what, man?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am 
That defiantly caught me by surprise.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:26 am 
The funny thing is that I've been highly suspicious of the "Kusary = Sasha" spec. But now that it's confirmed in the comic, it suddenly makes so much sense.

If Kusari is a clone-based operation, which the reveal from Oasis' lair points to, then there is no reason hC should have kept to a single Kusari.
They chose to have one masked Kusari at all times, known for her battle skills, and at least one undercover Kusari under the name of Sasha.

I guess it was my assumption that Kusari would have a singular, non-shareable consciousness that held me from figuring it out.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:28 am 
Thecommander369 wrote:
I'm just not even surprised any more. I am confused though. Nothing really bothers Sasha, but Kusari was bothered by Schlock trying to replace her with Oasis. Kusari and Sasha's personalities don't seem to match up at all and Sasha never seemed like a skilled fighter like Kusari, so what the what, man?

But she was deep undercover, trying to pass as a normal person, not a super-healing, combat-able assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 am 
Figured as much.... partly from people's detective work in the spec forum.

but mostly because the last few times Pete has drawn both Sasha and Kusari, their 'assets' have increased dramatically in size since the early days.

Also, spec: {you're right. That was SPEC! -G}

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am 
Well, that was not how I was expecting that reveal to go! Good job Pete! And it probably would have totally caught me off guard if not for the spec forums. Or maybe not; that last conversation between Kusari and Schlock might have made me wonder, possibly...

superhunnybear wrote:
But, one thing is now bothering me that should have bothered me long ago:
Why didn't the gang recognize Sasha's voice before? Although I wonder if it is a comic trope akin to secret identities that should be obvious. ( Batman/Bruce Wayne, Superman/Clark Kent, Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Is it that simple? Or does the mask make her. Life different? Or..., or..., or...)

That's been bothering me too! I think the answer might be *spec spec spec*. Or not.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am 
Kesandru wrote:
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
Oh, in Pete world, "Mind Blown" isn't a description of Riff, it's Kusari's answer to his question I think.

Or a command.

It's past tense (the full version of the sentence would be: [implied possessive pronoun] mind [past tense to be verb] blown). The trick here is the implied pronoun is "your" (Riff's) but Kusari doesn't use that kind of familiarity; that would be "Your mind has been blown". She answers drily and without emotion. So I think it's "My." i.e, "My mind was blown." And it's a simple description of her rebirth.

I think.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Actually, every time Kusari has been speaking, she has put in front of her mouth a carboard tube with a paper in front of it so he voice wouldn't be recognised. We never see it because she remove it very quickly.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:36 pm 
migB wrote:
If Kusari is a clone-based operation, which the reveal from Oasis' lair points to, then there is no reason hC should have kept to a single Kusari.

They never did, at least not over time. There have been many Kusaris. E.g. Chen talked about getting a "replacement Kusari," Oasis cut off her head in Fire and Rain, the vamps lopped off her head and she came back, etc.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm 
Thecommander369 wrote:

This.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:04 pm 
Thecommander369 wrote:

Up until she shot at Riff, she didn't show any level of skill. From that point on, Sasha was a highly skilled agent; brass knuckles notwithstanding, she took Gwynn out with a vicious punch:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-04-21

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:03 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Monday was inspired by something Yodimus_Prime did.

This is version 2.0 2.1. Which I think looks much better than what I did for version 1.
Spoiler: show

Here's a link to the first version if you want to see it. It's all mashed together into one large block of squares. I don't like it that well.

Gods of mercy, that's a ton of work. It must have taken forever to go through the archive and count the days for each story.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:48 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: oikapuff
AOL: PikaPuff00
Ok that's neat. People are focusing on if Sasha and Kusari are the same, but the discussion sparked an idea that I'm much more concerned about.

Did Sasha die when stabbed by clone Aylee? Is the Sasha we saw after already a replacement?

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2002-07-25

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 am 
Thecommander369 wrote:

Well... Kusari always has been rather uniquely qualified when it comes to fitting in as the job demands.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Silverwalker wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Monday was inspired by something Yodimus_Prime did.

This is version 2.0 2.1 Which I think looks much better than what I did for version 1.
Spoiler: show

Here's a link to the first version if you want to see it. It's all mashed together into one large block of squares. I don't like it that well.

Gods of mercy, that's a ton of work. It must have taken forever to go through the archive and count the days for each story.
The thing is, I didn't go through the Archive counting each individual strip per chapter. Just needed the start and end date of a chapter. It was pretty quick to figure out the number of days then. Making the chart took most of the time.

It was most definitely worth it though.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions