Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:56 am 
I just an epiphany about what Kusari looks like under that mask. I'm 90% sure that I'm right, but I can't say it because it's obvious spec.

I just want it on record that I totally know. Riff's face says it all.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 am 
Marcus wrote:
I take it by Riff's reaction we "know" who Kurasi is.

endplanets wrote:
Riff has a bloody nose because he just saw Kusari topless.

One of these, anyway. Place your bets.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:26 am 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Just dawned on me that today's strip is so epic and leaves such a cliffhanger that Aylee's being stabbed in the chest barely even registered as an event. Poor Aylee. :(

I know, right? She did get right back up, but...what is it with Oasis fights and Aylee getting stabbed in the neck??

Cow_k wrote:
CodeBlack wrote:
After reading this comic for fourteen of its twenty years, you think I'd be used to Pete's cliffhanger mastery by now.

This one was the best in ages. I literally went "ARGH!" at my screen, then checked the date to be sure, and went "ARGH!" again.

I've been reading it for the full 20 and I feel like I wanna jump off a bridge right now. Peeeeetttteeeee~ Stay good! *cry*

It's great to see so many 15+ year sluggy fans coming out of the woodwork to comment! Has it not been nifty, for DECADES??

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm 
I fear we will be hanging to this cliff for too many days... Stay good, Pete!

Living in São Paulo, Brazil, I must declare that the summer that started about a month ago (right after winter) is still on. About 32C (90F) right now. Can't remember when we last had rain.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
shmuck wrote:
I just an epiphany about what Kusari looks like under that mask. I'm 90% sure that I'm right, but I can't say it because it's obvious spec.

Does it have to do with what Bun-Bun called Riff in the second to last pannel? Cause that's what I've been focused on all day.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:03 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
After reading this comic for fourteen of its twenty years, you think I'd be used to Pete's cliffhanger mastery by now.

This one was the best in ages. I literally went "ARGH!" at my screen, then checked the date to be sure, and went "ARGH!" again.

I look at it this way. I look at it 'oh, this means he's finally gonna answer the question'..

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:53 pm 
shmuck wrote:

Write it in somewhere we can prove without a shadow of doubt it was written before the reveal - say, a office doc. Show us the doc and the date, but not the theory.

Then once the reveal happens, reveal your guess and shower in on "I was riiiiiiiiiight yeaaaah!"

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:56 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
No, she's Sheriff Deer!! (That explains the funny hat...)

I'm not surprised that Zillatain guessed that we would cut back to Torg before me, and it's understandable that someone suggested that we would change scene to a bunch of minor characters for a while before me.

... but I was not expecting for someone to spuriously suggest that Kusari is Sheriff Deer before I did ...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
All I can say is that if what some people are saying what Kusari's face looks like comes to pass, it will be so nonsensical that it will prove that Pete has completely lost it / is screwing with us by ignoring all of the clues that have been sprinkled about over the years.

Also there is no way that Bun-Bun could of seen her face the direction he came from and direction she was going when he ripped her mask off. The shape of his body alone makes it impossible once he grabbed the mask.

I'm going to be more than annoyed if it comes to pass.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 pm 
Bunbun would probably have known her identity all along though, although I agree with the general tenor of the statement.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:13 am 
Zillatain wrote:
All I can say is that if what some people are saying what Kusari's face looks like comes to pass, it will be so nonsensical that it will prove that Pete has completely lost it / is screwing with us by ignoring all of the clues that have been sprinkled about over the years.

Also there is no way that Bun-Bun could of seen her face the direction he came from and direction she was going when he ripped her mask off. The shape of his body alone makes it impossible once he grabbed the mask.

I'm going to be more than annoyed if it comes to pass.

If you're talking about the current theory that just popped up, I'm right there with you. That'd just be too weird. And it would annoy me too, no matter what logic is applied to make it fit.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Kesandru wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
If you're talking about the current theory that just popped up, I'm right there with you. That'd just be too weird. And it would annoy me too, no matter what logic is applied to make it fit.
Yes. Yes it is.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 am 
wade419 wrote:
It's great to see so many 15+ year sluggy fans coming out of the woodwork to comment! Has it not been nifty, for DECADES??

I know, right?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:46 am 
Slaughter wrote:
Write it in somewhere we can prove without a shadow of doubt it was written before the reveal - say, a office doc. Show us the doc and the date, but not the theory.

Then once the reveal happens, reveal your guess and shower in on "I was riiiiiiiiiight yeaaaah!"

Wasn't sure what you meant by the doc thing, but I tried doing something like that on reddit. Figured I could make a private subreddit with a post in it, which would be dated. Then I could make it a public subreddit at the right time and do some gloating.

Didn't work. Reddit no longer lets you makes subs unless you have a older account and meet some mystery criteria.

Oh well, it's not worth it. Thanks for the suggestion, but maybe I'll just have to gloat to myself. I'll be extra smug to the people around me for a little while or something.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:10 pm 
Interesting that Oasis seems to want to have Aylee as a friend. Maybe it's because of Torg. It does suggest that she was "pulling her punches" when the two were fighting a moment ago.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions