Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'd like to start sending those letters out to invite up for a talk anyone that I feel can be persuaded. Will I have to debate them individually or will we be treating them all as one big group?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:27 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I suspect it would work best with Arkady trying to figure out how much they expect while Felix tries to keep the costs down.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Yup. We make a great social team.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:17 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Where is Roger exactly? Am I in a back room somewhere making barrels of insecticide gas or am I outside and exposed?

What am I doing with the barrels? Just making them? or am I having them hidden to make potential traps?

They have to be set on fire right? Can I specify that I've been adding fuses to the barrels for that purpose?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:56 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Where is Roger exactly? Am I in a back room somewhere making barrels of insecticide gas or am I outside and exposed?

It hasn't been specified (apart from 'inside the city'), so if you particularly want to be somewhere, feel free to claim you've been there all along.

Otherwise, some out-of-the-way back room somewhere sounds right.

Dodger77 wrote:
What am I doing with the barrels? Just making them? or am I having them hidden to make potential traps?

Making them and piling them up, I assumed.

Dodger77 wrote:
They have to be set on fire right? Can I specify that I've been adding fuses to the barrels for that purpose?

Yep. Fuses are automatically part of the barrels.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright. My mind has been pretty consistently burned out from real life and I'm honestly not anywhere near as eloquent as I know Felix can be. Can I just open with Felix welcoming the Patriarch and then just describe what it is I'm attempting to do?

Something like: Felix launches into a marketing spiel about economics and what he can contribute to the Church and Society, listing off various numbers and figures. Hidden in those figures is a request for a few specific numbers that the Patriarch can give as the bribe they desire and what Felix is willing to offer. Along that is a request for another meeting in the night where production delivery can be discussed, once all the involved talks here in the Basilica are over. In other words, a time the bribe can covertly be delivered.

If it doesn't look like the Patriarch is understanding things, Felix will be less subtle but still attempt to be covert in what he says. That way no one can outright accuse him of bribery. Hopefully.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:53 am 
You can do that, yep. Just one question: with which offer do you want to open negotiations, roughly speaking?

1% of the Expected Elene Treasury?
10% of the Expected Elene Treasury?
100% of the Expected Elene Treasury?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Might be a good idea to probe for what they've been paid, then make a better offer. I don't know how much they've been paid or how many people I need to cover. If I'm told 1% I'll offer 5. If I'm told 10% I'll offer 15.

Relying on my Rapport skill to strike a good bargain and Arkady's Empathy skill to make sure it is a good bargain.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:31 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
There is simply no way that Raven paid more than 1%, especially not for the first folks he bribed. Remember he's already paid dozens of them and still seems to have enough left for the fence sitters; and all of that on only 100%. Heck, 1% may be too high; but we can afford it.

Perhaps we should send a note to Vanire asking roughly what he thinks it would cost to by a patriarch these days.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm considering the possibility that Raven has access to more than just the Elene treasury. Possible he has some funds sent over from Zemoch itself to help with bribes.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:42 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Some funds may be a bit of an understatement.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Jesus, more than one order of magnitude? If it's just two then that would mean 100% of the Elene treasury... We could only afford to bribe maybe two or three people... And assuming that Raven has access to so much funds, it could be easy for him to just rebribe them

This is tough.

Depending on how bad of an idea it is for Raven to win, it might be a less horrible alternative for us to risk war with the church itself and just start taking out bribed Patriarchs in a more permanent sense. I still have that Personal Gadget... it could level the playing field quite nicely.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
An assassination does have a certain appeal, doesn't it? It would be neater on a lot of levels if we could do this more cleanly, though. Heck, it would be nice if we could finesse the matter of a miracle so we can stay on the side of the angels. I suspect that would be really, really helpful to the Terran's general situation because Ortzel would, eventually, hear about how he won. We don't need that.

How long is it for cavalry, assuming they're in a hurry, to make the trip from the knightly keep to this city?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:19 am 
Assuming they aren't delayed by a spare army of Seeker drones or similar?

Two days.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:41 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
How many Patriarchs do we need to turn coat or otherwise "remove from play" before we can expect to obtain winning numbers?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG