Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 am 
There's an important difference between getting them to vote for Ortzel, as opposed to eliminating Raven's support.

There are currently 132 Patriarchs in the Assembly. 68 are voting for Raven (but with 132 Patriarchs, 80 are required to win). Undul's group of 11 Patriarchs may be voting for Raven tomorrow, if he can meet their price. That leaves 53 on Ortzel's side.

If you can turn 27 of Raven's bribed voters, then that'll be enough to force Ortzel's victory (assuming that Undul's faction decide to be difficult and abstain). If you have Undul's group on your side, then you only need 16 others.

If you... eliminate a number of Raven's Patriarchs, in whichever way you feel appropriate, then (assuming you bribe none, and Undul's faction doesn't play ball) you can find a victory for Ortzel if you manage to eliminate 45 of Raven's voters (having them vote for Ortzel is better for Ortzel than having them simply not there).

--------------

On the other side, if Undul's faction comes down on Raven's side, then all Raven needs to do to obtain a victory is to eliminate (or turn) one of Ortzel's voters. Their vote for Raven is just a hair short of enough to carry the election.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
What, me monologue because I'm going to be elsewhere for a while? While I'm away Jimminy Cricket will be acting as a social sensor suite at need.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
If I can convince Undul and his group it's in their best interest to abstain for a couple days that would be nice. I'm getting really tired of political matters and kinda just want to get back to our gallivanting about the world kicking teeth in.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:33 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If I have a need to go there, how would assassinations work? Are there rules for silently taking out and killing someone before conflict even begins?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:51 am 
It depends exactly how you want to do it. Hitting someone by surprise with a sniper rifle can be done in a single Guns roll, if you don't mind everyone knowing that you did it as soon as they see the bullet.

If you're looking to (say) slit a victim's throat, then you'd probably want to start out combat with a Maneuver to give them the Silenced aspect (specifically, putting a hand over their mouth and holding it there) first. Or maybe use Science prepare a drink that puts him very deeply asleep and Rapport to talk him into drinking it.

Of course, if they ever find out that you're behind it, the Church Knights will probably all unite against you. Might be worth considering going back to the previous idea of giving them a little herbal laxative instead, in the hope that they'll feel too bad to come in for the vote.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:27 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Stay good, Felix! Stay good!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 am 
Incidentally, in his general-bringing-Vanire-up-to-speed speech, is Felix mentioning how there's no way the Elene treasury could have financed all of Raven's bribes?

I ask because there's really no way (that I can think of) to present that without admitting to Vanire that the Terrans had been attempting bribery of their own.

But it does make a difference.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I figured Vanire already knew of our efforts on that front, or that we were at least considering them. Yeah, I'll tell him we at least probed about a bit to see what was what in that area.

That herbal laxative idea is maybe worth considering, I think.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:27 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady would slightly qualify that to his general idea being to buy abstentions to buy time; it wouldn't quite put them in the same boat as Raven, and when Ortzel found out it could honestly be pointed out to him that not a single one of his votes was paid for.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The next few moments are going to be super important, so I figure good rolls are going to be a requirement here soon. Is it alright if I have Theresa put into a quantum state of either with Felix or near Vanire until such time as it is deemed important that she is in one spot over another? In case she needs to make Arkady more charismatic or help Felix roll in combat against the enemy attackers.

I'm willing to spend a Fate point to make this happen to say she either followed Felix or stayed behind.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:59 pm 
Okay, how many barrels of insecticide do I have? Just the one?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:23 am 
You've got to mix about six different herbs and set the result alight to make the insecticide smoke.

If you spend no Fate points, then you've got three barrels, which each contain the first three herbs mixed together. You've got no idea what this will do if/when it gets burned, but it's unlikely to work as needed.

If you'd prefer, you could spend one Fate point to have a single prepared barrel ready.

--------------

Kajin, leaving Theresa in a quantum state is fine. Taking her out of the quantum state will cost one Fate point (so you don't actually need to spend it until you decide you need her help on a roll). If she's still in the quantum state the next time Felix and Arkady meet, then she can de-quantum without any Fate point expenditure.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I have a sinking feeling that Sparhawk might have left the wall to go challenge Martel himself.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:25 am 
I will spend that Fate Point. The gas has no effect on the zombies, correct?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:02 pm 
Has anyone heard from Balthazar lately?

Oh that reminds me. Kajin, I'm on Discord now if you still want give me the server invite.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG