Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:03 am 
I think that as long as players aren't here, it can be assumed that their characters are very busy trying stuff that doesn't work.

The insecticide smoke, however, is not *hard*. It's just a matter of piling up the right herbs together and burning them. The tricky parts are going to be sourcing the herbs, and getting the smoke to go to where you want it. And you've got plenty of people around who will be happy to help out (insofar as they can do so without risk); Dolmant's servants, Talen's contacts, etc.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:36 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Sorry, when I said important figures in the local populace I meant civilians and the like. Local politicians. Merchants. People with a vested interest in a status quo that isn't Raven. People who Raven's goons have pushed too far and hurt, who would probably hold a grudge. I wasn't asking about the Thieves Guild, specifically.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:38 am 
Kajin wrote:
Sorry, when I said important figures in the local populace I meant civilians and the like. Local politicians. Merchants. People with a vested interest in a status quo that isn't Raven. People who Raven's goons have pushed too far and hurt, who would probably hold a grudge. I wasn't asking about the Thieves Guild, specifically.

The same objection holds - you're asking for the list of people that Talen can find. He finds them through the Thieves' Guild, ergo you're effectively asking for the Thieves' Guild list of contacts.

But ask him for a merchant who's been hurt and holds a grudge against Raven's troops, and he'll roll his Contacting skill to see whether or not he knows one.

(That's also part of why it's being done this way; so that when you ask for someone, I can roll Talen's Contacting skill to see whether that someone can be found)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Just where he most needs help, too. Well, if he knows where the weak points are, maybe he can compensate (though he only has about two fate points left). Though just out of curiosity; if he tells her what he's writing in English, would it help in Elene?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Though just out of curiosity; if he tells her what he's writing in English, would it help in Elene?

Not really; the languages are very different. However, consulting her on the general thrust of the letter will make a difference. I'll assume you're doing so regularly in the future.

Also, if you can find a plausible reason to use any skill besides Rapport on your letter, that will improve your odds as well.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:31 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Wordy? Arkady? Pish, tosh. That said, he's trying to let his sense of empathy guide his appeal (whether it works or not). He's already seen that this would be the sort of appeal most directly relevant to Undul. Which may be considered tapping an aspect; if so he will.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Am I seeing any active signs of evacuation right now? Also can I get an empathy or mystery roll to see if I'm dealing with the real Sir Sparhawk and not a shapeshifted saboteur?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I hope poor CCC didn't have to reinstall his OS...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:06 am 
No, this time the blame lies on my poor scheduling abilities and scheduling too many things for successive evenings.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:33 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Who would Arkady rate as more persuasive: Dolmant or Vanire?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 pm 
Dolmant, if the aim is to persuade other Patriarchs.

Vanire's a good man, but he's an outsider, and a military man. Dolmant has a far better grasp of the politics of Chyrellos, and he's one of them.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Just out of pointed curiosity, which knightly order is deployed nearest to Zemoch? The Pandions by any chance?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Not in a good spot at the moment. Posting may be a touch sporadic.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Going forward I've been kind of thinking about what sort of official government we should adopt once the colony becomes more fully established and becomes a full fledged City State. I was thinking some kind of Elective Monarchic Representative Hybrid. Basically we get two main leaders. A Monarch and a President/Prime Minister.

The President/Prime Minister acts like a modern head of the nation. They're an elected official that is routinely replaced each voting cycle. Their main concerns would be the management and prosperity of our colony and people. Enacting policies and making decisions that would directly affect their day to day lives. The Monarch is also an elected official, but it's a lifetime position. They serve as the official ambassador to the outside world. Our main interactive channel between our colony and the other nations. It would outwardly present as a position of prestige and nobility. A person that could be married off to secure political connections and alliances.

The President/Prime Minister and Monarch would be Co-Leaders in Terran Society. Possibly equals, but preferably with the President/Prime Minister having slightly more power to help reflect the changing wills of the people over time. Ideally they would be cooperative and work towards decisions together for the betterment of the Terran people.

What do you guys think?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:53 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Just out of pointed curiosity, which knightly order is deployed nearest to Zemoch? The Pandions by any chance?

Interestingly not. That would be the Cyrinics, who have a lot of expertise in siege warfare.

Though the continually-feuding Lamorkian barons (where you met Patriarch Ortzel and his brother) share a border with Zemoch, and do the Pelosian horse-lords (I don't think you've met any of them yet, but one can assume they've been off-handedly mentioned before).

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG