Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14558
Location: Yes.
Arkady asks one of the servants for lunch, then turns to the newcomer. "I've just asked them to provide lunch. Would you like to join us? We can discuss what to do next while we eat." Then he looks at the other Terrans. "Speaking of next; how will we be making sure our young thief doesn't find out what's in the truck? I think it would be best if he not know."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:45 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"He's asleep for the moment, though that might change as we get to a point where we'll need his expertise. Keep it out of the way in a location where he won't be bothered to look and it'll all be fine. Maybe lock it down with an electronic lock that he can't simply pick his way into."

Felix muses as he prepares for lunch.

"We have two routes ahead of us that I'm aware of. The first route is talking to the Patriarchs inside the Basilica and convincing them to join our side. The second route is locating the lost Patriarchs and convincing them we can protect them until they vote. Hopefully voting in our favor. We can pick one route to stick with or we can split up to cover both routes and bring in even more votes to our side."

Felix pauses.

"I know some of you won't like it, but I want to split up. At least one person stays in the Basilica and attempt to persuade them there and keep the rest of us appraised of the situation. The rest head out and about to bring back the wayward folk."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10449
"If the Patriarchs are going to stay in their cathedral all day," suggests Theresa, "maybe it'll be easier to persuade them if you can get them alone when they go home for supper?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14558
Location: Yes.
Arkady considers. "We're going to need an out of the way place to unload the truck, and somehow be keeping the servants from simply telling Talen we did it." Then he looks at Theresa. "That might work, but we're going to be needing the locals to help."

He turns to the knights, addressing the room: "Would it be possible to talk to the other patriarchs after the sun sets and they scatter to eat? Or would they all be refusing any visitors unless we caught them in the street?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:56 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"What if we invite them over for dinner?" Felix asks. "Then open discussions and take things from there?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10449
"Possible," nods Sir Ulath.

"There's no rule saying that they have to speak with other people after hours," adds Sir Bevier, who is clearly feeling a somewhat garrulous. "And there's no rule saying that they can't. At this point, it's going to be up to the individual Patriarchs, in their capacity as private citizens. Doubtless some would accept the invitation, and others wouldn't. I guess it'll depend on how you phrase the invitation?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We just have to say what they want to hear," Felix says. He gets a pen and some paper and starts drafting up a series of letters that he thinks the remaining unbribed Patriarchs would find interesting. He strives to maintain a level of wording that's ambiguous to most observers, but will get the message across to the subjects they're aimed at.

Roll Rapport to establish aspect Baiting the Bribeless.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:21 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14558
Location: Yes.
Arkady considers. "Perhaps if we let them know just how much we're prepared to donate to their Church, they will be more impressed with our views. Perhaps we should say we want their counsel about our relations with the Church? Then again, if our favorite Primate gets elected, we will be needing to make the gold evaporate."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10449
Felix: Rapport: +4 Roll: +2 Total: +6

Felix puts together a letter. It's a master of double-speak, implying but never promising; there's no single phrase in there that can't have an innocent interpretation, or that can be easily quoted out of context. It's only when the entire letter is read at once that one gets the clear impression that you want to talk with the recipient about offering him a hefty bribe for his vote.

Because you're very sure that Dolmant would not approve, you've selected a neutral meeting place not on Dolmant's property (Sir Ulath recommends a good inn owned by a deaf innkeeper).

(The Aspect will be automatically established the instant you deliver that letter)

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:40 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14558
Location: Yes.
Arkady reads it and considers. "Would we be asking them to vote for someone specific, or to vote their consciences?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:57 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Better be safer than sorry. Better ask them to vote with us while maintaining the obvious moral superiority of our own candidate."

Felix sighs.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:23 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14558
Location: Yes.
Arkady looks at the note for a second. "When one of them tells our candidate that, he is going to be furious with us. Perhaps we should tell them who to vote against, and let them decide who to vote for. If they think we have a favorite and choose to vote that way, well, that is being their decision." He shrugs. "Our favorite is not the most accommodating man we have met. Better, I think, to keep him as happy as we can. If we can."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:44 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2795
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"Our guy has flaws of his own, While he's definitely better than Raven, I wouldn't be disappointed if a dark horse candidate squeaked through."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10449
The Knights more or less ignore the conversation that they can't understand. Piper (when did she get back?) wriggles her way into Roger's lap to give him a hug.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8197
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I doubt any such can squeeze through. All the Patriarchs that have been bribed are supporting Raven. Most of the other Patriarchs are supporting Ortzel, by virtue of being the most agreeable option that isn't Raven."

Felix glances at Arkady.

"If we tell them to vote for whoever they want they'll take our bribe, vote for Raven, and approach him about a secondary bribe after the fact for playing ball. No, we need to tell them to vote for Ortzel. It doesn't matter that we don't like him or what he may think of the outcome. It only matters that we prevent Raven from becoming head of the church. It may well be that we can and should do anything necessary to stop that."

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kajin and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: