Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:24 pm 
Piper thinks about this for a minute, and then asks "Why do you wear your pants on your legs, and not on your arms?"

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:58 pm 
Because that’s not what they’re made for. They’re made to be on my legs.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:19 am 
"And the proper place for pants is on legs." Piper emphasises her words with a very firm nod. "Just like the proper place for hats is where I put them."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:37 pm 
“Because that’s where the hats were supposed to go, apparently. She seems very sure that it’s almost a fact of life; the grass is green, the sky is blue, those hats needed to be on those cameras then.”

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 am 
"That is not helpful," growls David. "Who or what is she protecting?"

"That's enough," says Dr. Vanderbilt, firmly. "Samantha here has just woken up from coldsleep, and I will not have my patients bullied."

"She's healthy!" insists David. "She's up, and walking, and -"

"She is my patient until I say otherwise! Now back off!"

There's a long pause, and then David takes a deep breath. "...alright," he finally says. "I'm sorry if I came across a little aggressive, Miss, uh, Samantha. But I like things to be ordered and, I, uh... sorry."

He backs off and is clearly ready to go and find something else to do.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 pm 
“Dr Samantha Redgrave, actually, and as someone who was once a strange small child, if she felt like she needed to do something because that’s how it needed to happen, that is the explanation. It is something that How It Works, And What Needs To Happen. Also, as a probably fae and/or god creature, I feel like her imaginary friends have a lot more substance than mine ever did. When she feels like sharing, she will. Kids like her are bad at being rushed, even if they might also be centuries old.” With her free shoulder, she shrugged. “And if she’s willing to help out in the way the reports say she has been, she’ll be quite helpful with getting things growing.”

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:15 pm 
David raises a hand, and clearly wants to say something - but Dr. Vanderbilt glares at him and steps forward slightly, and Piper, perhaps picking up on the atmosphere, glares as well, and David backs down.

With a final muttered "That is a terrible explanation," he leaves Samantha alone with the Doctor and the whatever-Piper-is. Piper shifts slightly to better give Samantha a hug, resting her head on Samantha's shoulder.

Samantha: Alertness: +2 Roll: -2 Total: +0 Target: +4

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 pm 
Samantha used her free hand to run her fingers gently through Piper's hair as she watched David go, before leaning towards Dr Vanderbilt.

"That's a man who never read fairy tales as a child, or, if he did, it was a very long time ago." She smiled at the other doctor. "Thanks for the save."

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm 
"He's incredible with numbers, but he's terrible with people," says Dr. Vanderbilt, with a slight smile. "Come on, you should really see the world outside the Ship."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:12 pm 
“Yes, I am quite interested to see this almost-Earth plantlife. And how hard it’ll be to wrangle together a compost pile.”

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:37 pm 
"Last I heard, there were three compost piles," says Dr. Vanderbilt. She leads Samantha out to an airlock, and then... Out of the airlock.

The airlock itself is a little over treetop height; from here, the forest is a sea of green, waving in the wind. But it's a sea that does not come anywhere close to your feet. For some distance, directly in front of the Ship, the trees have been cleared away, and a variety of pre-fab buildings and pre-constructed units have been put up - including several windmills and what look like two wood-burning boilers. There's a number of people moving about on various tasks; about one in three seem to be carrying some sort of weapon (usually a rifle) and there are plenty of nervous glances at the surrounding greenery. Someone's also placed a circle of outward-pointing stakes around the area - nothing that'll deter a human (they're easy to slip between) but presumably they'll help to persuade large game that it should be looking somewhere else for its next meal.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:01 pm 
“Ooooooh, I know exactly where I want to put the gardens.” Samantha lightly nudges Piper. “Any pretty flowers from around here?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:28 am 
Piper nods. "I really like dandelions," she says.

"I can take you to see the beehives," says Dr. Vanderbilt, "but only from a distance because the local bees seem to be quite happy drinking blood. Or we found an abandoned orchard off to one side a while back..."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:52 am 
“Right, Murderbees. A beekeeper was woken up to work with them, right? I should probably talk to him about it. Getting the orchard back up and running wouldn’t be the worst idea, either.”

Dandelions are good, I like their tea. Do you use them for wishes, too?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 am 
Dr. Vanderbilt nods. "He's been working with Zalasbra - he's the other local who's around, an elderly scholar-type who's studying us, and it turns out he's surprisingly good with bees. Our beekeeper, Bernard, isn't a bit fan of carnivorous bees, but apparently they're doing pretty well and we've managed to keep them away from people so far."

"Dandelions aren't much good with wishes," says Piper, wrinkling her nose. "If you want something done it's better to go out and do it yourself."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG