Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
Arkady, rushing out, almost runs into a soldier rushing in to inform the Baron that "they came by river!"

A brief inspection of the castle shows that, surprise or not, the Baron's men did at least have time to lower the portcullis and raise the drawbridge. The trucks are safely inside the courtyard, and untouched. The Baron's men are mostly on the walls, looking out (and sniping at the Count's men with crossbows).

The Count's men, having bypassed the roads via arriving by river, are mostly still marching off their boats to the land in front of the castle; though the boats are firing their ballistae at the Castle's walls.

Arkady: Alertness: +1 Roll: -2 Total: -1

Arkady fails to spot anyone who is obviously the Count Groan; but even though the Count's men are not yet completely in position, it's clear that attempting to leave the Castle without some sort of plan is a very bad idea right now.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14582
Location: Yes.
Arkady heads back to the others and tells them what he's seen. Then he adds: "We can still easily drive out, they have not started digging. But we would have to be slaughtering half the army in our way with the technical, and they are not bandits out to be murdering the innocent. Do any of you have other ideas we can do quickly without a massacre in front of everyone here?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:52 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8217
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"A massacre might be what we've got. I fear the alternative if we don't get the good Patriarch back and prevent the Raven's ascension to Arch Prelate. Best we got at this point is run and gun."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2798
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
We should find out if Groan is actually here. We may be able to convince him that Oakson is the true enemy as he has wronged both Nobles.

If not then we need to protect Ortzel at all costs.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
"We could always attempt a parley by semaphore," suggests Baron Alstrom. "I don't think Groan or his men will be much inclined to listen to what we have to say, but we lose little by making the attempt."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8217
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Would we be attacked if we left the castle walls to try and talk to him? I can be very persuasive."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
"I could name a dozen Lamorkian battles where someone attacked or was attacked while under cover of a flag of truce," says the Baron. "I doubt Count Groan would risk it. If we want to talk, we should use semaphore."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8217
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Well it's either that or me and my friends spend the next couple hours mercilessly slaughtering every innocent soldier whose only crime was fealty to their lord. Sure, let's try it."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14582
Location: Yes.
Arkady glances at Felix, then with an internal sigh keeps observing the locals to see what they make of that. To the baron he comments: "I would not suppose you have a postern gate?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4
Baron Alstrom: Resolve: +3 Roll: +2 Total: +5

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4
Patriarch Ortzel: Resolve: +5 Roll: +1 Total: +6

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: +1 Total: +6
Sir Ulath: Resolve: +3 Roll: +1 Total: +4

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: +0 Total: +5
Talen: Resolve: +1 Roll: +2 Total: +3

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: +0 Total: +5
Piper: Resolve: +4 Roll: -2 Total: +2


Piper's angry glare makes it quite clear that she does not like the idea of even thinking about gunning down innocent people, while Sir Ulath and Talen both look noticeably uncomfortable at the thought. The Patriarch and his brother are surprisingly hard to read on this question.

"Yes, I have a postern," says the Baron. "Count Groan knows exactly where it is, and is doubtless having it watched."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8217
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Let's have at it, shall we gentlemen and gentlelady? Diplomacy awaits. Lead me to your flag bearer."

Once the semaphore system is in place, Felix sends a quick greeting to see if it will be responded to.

"Greetings! My name is Felix and I wish to negotiate passage."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
Felix heads up onto the wall, and takes a glance over the Count's army.

Felix: Alertness: +2 Roll: -1 Total: +1

He can't see where the Count is, but it rather looks like the army is preparing for an assault on the walls. He asks the flagbearer to send out the requested message, and after a few minutes there's a reply...

"They say 'Passage is denied to any allies of Alstrom'," says the flagbearer.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8217
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Send them this message. 'The Arch-Prelate is dead. We seek to deliver Patriarch Ortzel to Chyrellos. Please allow us passage we do not wish to fight you.'"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:06 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2798
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Hey Felix. Add:

"It's only a Patriarch and his 4 friends in a metal horse. Not enough to swing the battle in any direction."

If you want to. It is, of course, okay to say no.


Last edited by Dodger77 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10472
Roger, having gone up the wall to speak with Felix, takes a glance over the army arrayed outside.

Roger: Alertness: +3 Roll: +0 Total: +3

Roger spots what is probably Count Groan, off to one side and half-hidden behind some of his own soldiers. There are two people with him; one who really doesn't look like a soldier (possibly an advisor or a clerk?) and one hunched, hooded figure with a very faint greenish glow visible around the hood.

Roger has just spotted what looks exactly like the Seeker.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: