Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:11 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Leaving Nate, Roger and the patients to head back to the Ship, Felix and Arkady continue on to Chyrellos in the other truck.

Piper quickly falls asleep, dozing lightly as they travel.

About half an hours' uneventful travel later, they spot something familiar - a group of five peasants who, on spotting the approaching trucks, spread themselves across the road and point pitchforks in the direction of the truck. The peasants all have a familiarly blank expression on their faces, and there's not enough room between them for the truck to slip through.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Is there any way to drive off the road around them?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:27 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Only if you don't mind driving through a few hedges and some poor farmer's wheat fields. Hopefully there's nothing hiding in amongst the wheat.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I order Theresa to drive around.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Felix: Compel: Gambler's Luck

You can spend one Fate point in order to avoid it entirely, or gain one Fate point and see what bad luck you meet in your detour.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'll deny it. Can't be too much longer until next refresh.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:50 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14471
Location: Yes.
Arkady keeps watch in back. Turning the machine gun on the seeker, should he happen to spot it, would not disturb him in the least. If Piper is awake he asks: "Piper, if the seeker is killed, what happens to the people it took over?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:42 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Compel denied. Felix has six FATE points remaining.

The truck drives through the wheat fields, leaving a trail of downed wheat and a couple of holes in the hedges. As you pass the blank-eyed peasants, they turn, keeping their pitchforks always pointed at the truck; and, as you drive away along the road, you see them in your rear-view mirror, pitchforks still pointed at your truck until they're out of sight.

--------------

Though very sleepy today for some reason, Piper does eventually wake up around lunchtime, and Arkady has a chance to pose his question.

"Nothing," she says. "They would keep obeying the last instruction that the Seeker had given them, to the best of their ability, for the rest of their lives."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix finishes his lunch then heads back to the truck.

"We should keep moving."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14471
Location: Yes.
Arkady looks back over his shoulder, contemplates the peasants who are apparently about to starve to death, then climbs up to the back of the truck to keep the pintle mount company.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Piper settles down again in the back of the truck and falls asleep.

--------------

The road seems terribly quiet for the most part - aside from the occasional group of blank-eyed peasants which you easily bypass, you meet no-one travelling on what every indication suggests is normally a fairly well-travelled road. Eventually, however, you see the outer walls of Chyrellos in the distance.

Do you intend to drive your very noticeable and identifiable truck right up to the main gate, or do you intend to approach the city in some other manner?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Find some way to hide the truck and approach on foot. Do Sir Ulath or Talen have any suggestions?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:21 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14471
Location: Yes.
Arkady inquires of Sir Ulath: "Are there any martial orders with chapter houses around here we can leave our truck in?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10362
Sir Ulath prefers to drive up to the gates openly, and rely on his status as a Knight of the Church to get in past the guards. The Primate will likely know the moment that you enter, of course, but Sir Ulath's preference is to approach openly and then figure out what the Primate is up to.

Talen suggests that the rest of you find a nice field to wait in, well outside the city, while he heads in on his own and 'investigates'. He insists that no-one will even know he was in the city, and that by the end of the day he'll be able to return with a rough summary of the Primate's activities since he entered the city.

Weremensh wrote:
Arkady inquires of Sir Ulath: "Are there any martial orders with chapter houses around here we can leave our truck in?"


"Not in Chyrellos," says Sir Ulath. "But most of the Patriarchs maintain very ornate estates. I'm sure that Dolmant can suggest a fairly safe place in which to leave it; not as safe as the Pandion Chapterhouse, of course."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14471
Location: Yes.
After listening to them Arkady looks Piper. "What is the chance that the Seeker already knows who Talen is?"

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: