Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:42 pm 
Kajin wrote:
I'll spend a point to get that surplus.

The village now has a surplus of food that they're willing to trade - enough to make the mine self-sustaining.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Do you like the aspect I wrote up?

Maybe keep Rambunctious Knave as a regular aspect? I rather like it. Also I've been spending fate points like crazy. Maybe slide some compels my way? Laser Focus is ripe for compels. Get too focused on one thing and BAM! Crossbow bolt to the gut, no roll to dodge. How many fate points do I have left?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 am 
I do! I've already added it to your character sheet at the start of the thread.

You've spent three rapid-fire FATE points recently on the mine, after spending a grand total of zero since the last reset. So you've got seven left. I'll definitely consider sending a few Compels your way, though not for a crossbow bolt to the gut...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm thinking of changing my high concept to something like Combat Engineer if you'd allow that. It'd more readily reflect what Felix has become since the start of the game. Am I allowed to change my high concept? The old one hasn't seen any use anyway.

I don't want to spend too much time with Vanire. Maybe just gloss over our time talking to him so we can get on with the mining convoy?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It's so quiet around here. Where'd everyone go?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:11 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Holiday weekend, I suppose.

Arkady does actually want to have a word with Vanire about exorcism, aside from discussing the cathedral basement. But it sounds like we should hit the ship first; the capitol is on the way to the free city.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Probably a good idea. I was reading through the threads recently and the mines are actually located not too far away from Fangorn Forest. The ship should be our first stop regardless.

Speaking of Exorcism, I was hoping Arkady could try and teach Felix how to do it. With Mysteries +0 he'd be awful at it but so many creatures are immune to everything but exorcism it seems like better than nothing. Felix is grasping at straws, however, and might not be able to do it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 am 
Kajin wrote:
I'm thinking of changing my high concept to something like Combat Engineer if you'd allow that. It'd more readily reflect what Felix has become since the start of the game. Am I allowed to change my high concept? The old one hasn't seen any use anyway.

Tweaking your character sheet to be more in line with who you're actually playing is acceptable, within reason, yes.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
If Felix asked, Arkady wouldn't object to teaching him how to exorcise something. He'd probably note that results would be uncertain, though; anyone can ask God for help, but he doesn't always agree.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
He'll ask you to teach him while you're trying to teach Vanire. I don't think their god will answer them, though, as reclusive as he is.

Hey CCC, is the discord still up? I'd like an invite back to it so I can reread our previous discussions.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Warrior Gadgeteer
Felix is a builder by trade. He studied for it his whole life, has multiple degrees in engineering. He loves making things and taking things apart. When it comes to construction work and design, few people are better. That's not him bragging, that's fact. Alas, he's not led a life of simple building. His is one of conflict, pain and sorrow. Ever since his family was taken from him he's had to fight. Even going to a new world hasn't spared him from conflict and evil. Using his accrued knowledge to give himself an edge by designing tools and gizmos, Felix has been forced to become a warrior among gadgeteers.

New High Concept! What do you guys think?

Speaking of thoughts, what do Captain Argent and David think of the mine? Did David get frustrated at taking away people from food production?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Can I spend a fate point on the enchanted gun not needing to sacrifice an artifact to work?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:02 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Interesting concept. Howevery, Arkady already has the fabricate magic item perk. This looks like a decent way to get him into it. So he may look into what's going on.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:12 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I don't see why Arkady wouldn't be of use. Go ahead and hop on board, the more the merrier.

Side note. I'm wondering how effective the Artificer stunt will end up being.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:32 am 
Kajin wrote:
Warrior Gadgeteer
Felix is a builder by trade. He studied for it his whole life, has multiple degrees in engineering. He loves making things and taking things apart. When it comes to construction work and design, few people are better. That's not him bragging, that's fact. Alas, he's not led a life of simple building. His is one of conflict, pain and sorrow. Ever since his family was taken from him he's had to fight. Even going to a new world hasn't spared him from conflict and evil. Using his accrued knowledge to give himself an edge by designing tools and gizmos, Felix has been forced to become a warrior among gadgeteers.

New High Concept! What do you guys think?

I like it!

Kajin wrote:
Speaking of thoughts, what do Captain Argent and David think of the mine? Did David get frustrated at taking away people from food production?

Captain Argent seems vaguely appreciative. David is more than vaguely appreciative - a new source of iron, plus the nearby village with a farming surplus means it can be exploited without impacting on the colony's food stores? He's already re-doing his spreadsheets, and the miners will probably leave before you do.

Kajin wrote:
Can I spend a fate point on the enchanted gun not needing to sacrifice an artifact to work?

No. That is vetoed for... reasons.

Suffice it to say that, rare though they are, there are magical items that you can obtain. And any magical item will do.

Weremensh wrote:
Interesting concept. Howevery, Arkady already has the fabricate magic item perk. This looks like a decent way to get him into it. So he may look into what's going on.

Sounds good! He and Zalasbra can collaborate.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG