Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:53 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Alright, I changed it so that Felix is adding it as a temporary upgrade.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 am 
This might be a good time for Nate to rejoin the group, having followed Martel this far.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:43 am 
Perhaps. I'm planning on making the most of this, so if Nate does turn up, expect it to be rather flashy.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I think kicking the gangplank out from under Martel would be a great way to reintroduce yourself. Did you have something else in mind?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:32 pm 
I've got a couple of ideas, but I'm going to play it close to my chest for the time being.

I will try and make it something that plays to the narrative though.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Okay. How far away from the ship are we? Are we close enough to use our silenced handguns or will we need to make use of the rifles? Can I spend a fate point to say I made our rifles silenced as well if we need to use them?

Also, opening the floor to suggestions. Short of sauntering up to the ship and tossing incendiary or stun grenades into it as it leaves, I'm not really sure of any way to resolve this without guns.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 am 
You're close enough that you can use silenced handguns; if you were to run full-speed while Martel calmly strolls up the gang-plank and leisurely casts off, you'll arrive on the edge of the dock just in time for him to patronisingly wave goodbye at you from a mere metre or two away. (Of course, even then, Martel's ship is hardly the only one at the docks, leaving a variety of pursuit options).

Kajin wrote:
Can I spend a fate point to say I made our rifles silenced as well if we need to use them?

You can; in fact, I'd be willing to let that one happen without needing to spend a Fate point at all.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
How big is the ship, and if I completely capsized it would I be able to gift the captain a reasonable replacement from the ship's hold?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 am 
It's clearly a ship, and not a mere boat - it has sails, rigging, and a largish crew. It's a fair deal bigger than a yacht, and can haul a decent amount of cargo.

The biggest problem with getting a replacement from the spaceship's stores will clearly be transporting the thing to the nearest body of water. Just to get something that size out of the spaceship, you would need to clear a tonne of trees, and the spaceship is nowhere near the shore. And a ship that large is not going to fit in any of the nearby rivers. In fact, it would be enough trouble to get it to the shore that you're probably better off building a new ship from scratch - or, even better, dredging up and repairing this one. Or you could sell something easier to transport (you can probably get good money for a few cuckoo clocks) and use the money to buy a new ship for the captain.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
What options do we have for ships to pursue? Anything small and light enough to catch up easily?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 am 
Martel's chosen ship looks like a cargo carrier, not something built for speed. Probably any other ship on the dock would be roughly able to keep up, and even without a pursuit ship, Martel's going to be spending a long time within range of a rifle.

If you're willing to spend a Fate point, you can declare that the same Captain who originally bought you over to this side has just finished loading up his cargo for the trip back and is berthed conveniently nearby in a ship that looks faster than Martel's.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
That sounds like a good idea. Let's go with that. How many points do we have left? I forget how much I've spent.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 am 
Points remaining: Arkady:3 Nathan: 2 Felix: 6

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:24 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If Nate can't completely break free but 2-4 more points would allow him to do so, spend another two points on Been There, Done That and If I Can Survive Anywhere, I Can Survive Here.

On second thought, probably a bad idea to lift and fire my "crossbow" in the middle of an armed crowd after someone shouted words of alarm to that effect. We can damage the sails once we're out of aggro range from the crowd.

By the way, where has our guide been the entire time?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:45 am 
Kajin wrote:
By the way, where has our guide been the entire time?

Talen has been around, but quiet. When bolts and/or bullets start flying, he'll dive behind a crate and hide there. He is very eager to not get into a fight with Martel.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG