Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10008
After diving for cover, Roger cautiously fires a few shots at the crossbowmen.

Roger: Guns: +1 Roll: +1 Total: +1
Crossbowmen: +3 Roll: -2 Total: +1

XOO


Teh crossbowmen dive for cover; but only two of them get up again.

Nathan finds that the rail of the ship is well above his head, and far too high to reach. Fortunately, there are a few ropes hanging off the side, and he can try to clamber up...

Nathan: Athletics: +3 Roll: -1 Total: +2
Target: +2


Nathan clambers up the side of the ship, pokes his head over the rail - and immediately sees Martel's spear haft coming at his face.

Martel: Weapons: +5 Roll: -3 Total: +2
Nathan: Athletics: +3 Roll: +3 Total: +6

Dodged - with spin!


Nathan swings back as the spear haft passes him, and, for just a moment, Martel is off-balance.

Felix and the crossbowmen exchange fire, bullets for bolts:

Crossbowmen: Attack:+2 Roll: +1 Total: +3
Felix: Athletics: +1 Sidekick: +3 Roll: -2 Total: +2

Felix: XOOOO Minor: No cover

Felix: Guns: +2 Visor: +4 Sidekick: +3 Roll: -1 Total: +8
Crossbowmen: Defense: +2 Roll: +3 Total: +5

Crossbowmen: Dead


One of the crossbow bolts passes far too close to Felix for comfort; however, he quickly picks off the rest of the crossbowmen.

Arkady continues his exorcism:

Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: -2 Total: +2

There is little to no immediately visible effect; though Piper's tune alters in a way that almost sounds mocking. (Though exactly what she's mocking, if anything, is not made clear).

Sparhawk and the other knights manage to close about half the remaining distance to Martel's ship; but the ship is already pulling away from the dock, drifting lazily out towards the sea.

The bystanders have by now almost all either fled or taken some form of cover. The formerly friendly ship captain is almost the only bystander still visible, desperately hurrying to leave the dock himself, and not to go anywhere near the two groups of people who suddenly started shooting at each other for no immediately apparent reason.


Last edited by CCC on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Currently on expedition.
Not one to pass up an opportunity, Nate grabs for the now very conveniently located spear haft, and gives it a good pull, hoping to turn Martel's momentary lack of balance into a full on fall. Unless Martel lets go of the spear, which would also serve Nate quite nicely.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7808
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix gestures to Theresa. Together, they start searching for a why to take down the ship's ability to move. If they can they'll shoot down the mast and sail ropes with their rifles. If that doesn't seem to be a viable option they'll cut the complicated stuff and go straight for the crew.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10008
Nathan attempts to unbalance Martel...

Nathan: Weapons: +3 Roll: +0 Spin: +1 Total: +4
Martel: Weapons: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4

Martel: Weapons: +5 Roll: +3 Total: +8
Nathan: Athletics: +3 Roll: +1 Total: +4


Martel keeps his footing, and instead of pulling away, pushes the spear out further, leaving Nathan leaning far out over the water. A simple kick to the fingers of Nathan's other hand, and he finds all his weight hanging from the hand holding onto the spear - which really doesn't support his grip all that well. His hand slips off the spear and he finds himself back in the water with another splash.

At the same time, Felix and Theresa fire a few shots at the ropes holding up the sails...

Felix: Guns: +2 Visor: +4 Sidekick: +3 Roll: +0 Total: +9
Target: +5


A rope that had been holding a fair amount of tension snaps, and what looks like about half the rigging suddenly collapses onto the deck, burying the sailors underneath it. From the way the sail is moving, it looks like they're still alive under there, though the quantity of swearing indicates that they are decidedly not happy at their current situation. Without the sails pulling it away, the ship drifts with the tide, right back towards the dock it had so recently left; and, for the first time since this fight started, Martel begins to look slightly disconcerted.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7808
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix and Theresa take two shots at Martel, then charge forward to make their way into a position where they can board the ship.

As he goes, Felix keeps an eye about for anyone coming from the surrounding docks that could pose a further problem.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14208
Location: Yes.
Arkady continues to advance with the knights, hands currently empty. Hopefully the locals who succeed at reloading with dismiss him as a threat.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:40 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Currently on expedition.
Somewhat miffed, Nate cracks a pistol shot off at Martel, who is now visible over the ship's rail.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:22 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10008
Felix and Theresa take a few shots:

Felix: Guns: +2 Visor: +4 Sidekick: +3 Roll: +0 Total: +9
Martel: Weapons: +5 Roll: -2 Total: +3


He ducks to avoid Felix's bullet, then jerks aside to avoid Theresa's - he clearly can't keep this up for long.

Martel: OOOOO XO Minor: ???

Nate fires off a single pistol shot.

Nate: Guns: +5 Roll: -1 Total: +4
Martel: Weapons: +5 Roll: -3 Total: +2


Nate has a poor angle, and doesn't get off a shot near as well as he would have liked. On the bright side, Martel appears to have not been expecting a shot from that angle at all, and rapidly backs away from the side of the boat.

Martel: OXOOO XO Minor: ???

Martel takes a good look at the number of people standing on the dock with what are clearly ranged weapons, and decides that hanging round on deck is likely to be rather unhealthy. He heads down belowdecks and out of sight - anyone who wants to follow him down there is going to have to get into melee range.

The sailors trapped under the sails continue to swear and complain, but don't seem to have disentangled themselves just yet.

Martel's boat thumps back into the dock, and a couple of Sir Sparhawk's knight grab a few of the ropes trailing off the side to tie it there - another one is waiting with a plank to lay down a gangplank. As he puts it down, however, a voice cries out from the end of the dock nearest the city.

"This is the police! You are all under arrest! Put down your weapons now or we will use lethal force!"

The yeller looks official - he is wearing the same uniform as the dozen or so crossbow-wielding and sword-wielding people who are accompanying him.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:51 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7808
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Sir Sparhawk," Felix whispers to the good Sir Knight as he raises his hands and moves to sling the rifle over his back. "I can buy us time if you're willing to see this through."

As he talks he undoes the clips on his fannypack and throws it to the ground between his group and the police.

"Don't shoot! We're lowering our weapons! A rogue warlock on board that ship corrupted our compatriot's mind! They started attacking us as we approached so we were forced to fight back! I urge you to stay back as he has committed a great many crimes, including giving the order to murder and commit desecration upon the innocent men, women and children of a peaceful village."

Tag aspects Mind Controlled Nate and Attempted Sack of Radun to boost rapport roll.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14208
Location: Yes.
Assuming no one is attacking, and that he wants help, Arkady will help Nate out of the water.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2711
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger will try to draw fire from Arkady and Nate if necessary.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:10 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10008
"As long as you don't intend to actually kill any of the police officers," murmurs Sir Sparhawk, raising his hands just behind Felix. "They're not going to be trying to kill us unless we do something stupid."

The policemen nod as various weapons get dropped. "Alright, we'll arrest the lot of you and sort it out back at the station. I want you moving forward, one at a time, with your arms out in front of you for manacles!"

He ignores the fanny pack that slides to a halt about a metre in front of him.

There is a general silence, broken only by the splashing of Nate as he swims towards the rope that Arkady threw down to him, and a quiet sobbing from behind a nearby crate - as far as anyone can remember, that's where Lady Sephrenia, Talen and Piper were last seen ducking behind.

Even the sailors still trapped under the sail on Martel's boat have stopped swearing, perhaps in realisation of how much trouble they are in.

Roger keeps alert, but it would seem that there is (for the moment) no fire to draw.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2711
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger takes advantage of the calm to holster his weapon, and approach Felix.

You look exhausted, Felix. Let me do the heavy lifting until we get out of here. (OOG translation: Let me burn the fate points for you when they're necessary.)

"Also, I'm not quite sure why, but I realized a few hours ago that I can in fact speak the local language. I think I should speak for the terrans to anyone official from here on out."

In Rendorish, to lady Sephrenia, "I-I'm not sure how or why, but I can understand Rendorish... to the rest of the Terrans specifically, "But I think I'll have to translate for all the Terrans unless any of you guys can understand me at the moment?"

Roger watches Arkady, Nate, Felix and Teresa for any recation to what he just said.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7808
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix takes a quick moment to speak to Roger before he makes his move.

"I'd say it's weird that you can speak the local language but weird has been a running theme for the past while. Hold tight, I'll need your help getting the ship in order. You too, Theresa."

Pressing the detonator for the fanny pack, Felix unleashes a massive burst of tear gas on the poor, unsuspecting Rendorish cops.

"Alright, that should keep them distracted," Felix says as the wave of pain hits the officers. "Board the ship. We'll take it for ourselves and sail out of here. Nate, go down with our friends and secure Martel. Arkady, Roger, please help me get the ship in order if you would. We'll also need to keep the police from boarding once they recover. Talen, Piper, please board and seek cover. Help if you want or hide."

Moving to climb aboard the ship, Felix calls out to the sailors.

"You're with us now. Help us get the ship out of here and I promise you won't befall the same fate as Martel. I'll even pay you in treasure the likes of which you've never seen, if you do."

Tag Slated for Execution and Terran Baubles to boost Rapport and/or Leadership roll with the sailor minions.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Currently on expedition.
A dripping Nate looks blankly at Roger before turning to Felix.

"Felix, you should know. Whatever it was that took control of me is down there with Martel.
Against one or the other I'd be cautious, especially in close quarters, but against both? I don't recommend it at all.
I would suggest that we barricade the hatches, and abandon this ship as soon as we're clear of the police. We won't get far anyway, not with most of the rigging around our ankles."


Nate pulls a remote detonator out of his pocket.

"Once we're clear, we blow the ship with Martel and and his pet whatever still on board. See how well they can swim in pieces. With any luck, the police will think we were aboard as well when we do and they won't be looking for us. We'll be able to find another ship without being harassed."

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: