Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 pm 
"How utterly fascinating," says Martel, with a glare.

"Every day, the fame of the true god spreads further!" opines Aramsham.

"No doubt," deadpans Martel. "However, the Prophet's time is valuable, and must be spent mostly in prayer and meditation. What business do you bring that is important enough to be bought directly to him?"

Last edited by CCC on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head. "We've seen corruption within the Elene church which would sicken a maggot. Theft, murder, war on the innocent. Now we've learned that they want the followers of the prophet Aramsham to attack too soon so they can spread their evil." He looks at Aramsham. "What would God have us do?"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:48 am 
Social combat:

Arkady: Rapport: +0 Roll: -4 Total: -4
Aramsham: Resolve: +0 Roll: -2 Total: -2

"God is with us - we shall be victorious whenever we attack!" states Aramsham, cackling with childish glee.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"You should be absolutely certain, though, that going on the attack is the best choice," Felix says. "You might end up breaking more than you fix if you march your armies. You can achieve more with a chisel and careful tapping than you can by swinging around a giant warhammer, sometimes."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady is tagging defensive pacifist to help.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:40 am 
I don't think Arkady can really use Defensive Pacifist here - unless he is personally making the argument. It's not Felix's Aspect, after all. However, Arkady can certainly spend a Fate point on tagging Aramsham's "Senile" aspect, to gain pretty much the intended effect.

Felix: Rapport: +4 Roll: +1
Aramsham: Resolve: +0 Roll: +1 Senile: -2

Aramsham: OOOOO Minor consequence: Lost in a Metaphor

"I am the Lord's warhammer!" insists Aramsham. "I shall strike down the corrupt Elene church when and where He tells me to! ...what were we talking about again?"

Martel mutters under his breath, moving his hands and wriggling his fingers. Almost instantly, Lady Sephrenia starts her own muttering and finger-wriggling.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix immediately moves in to tag the Lost in a Metaphor aspect. Fate point in standby on Laser Focus to boost a failed roll or to nudge a successful one into another consequence.

"And a mighty one you are indeed!" Felix replies. "But this requires a scalpel, a small sharp blade to cut away the corruption in the church. My team can move in circles that your followers can't go easily, making it that much easier for us to root out corruption. If we find it, we can excise it swiftly and painlessly. This would allow room for you to parley with the church as a whole. Wouldn't it be better to reach a peaceful solution this way so you can preach to the people without interference? It's easier to save someone with an outstretched hand than it is a pointed sword."

Felix keeps an eye on Martel, glancing back and forth between the two.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:12 pm 
As martel begins muttering, Nate's hand casually slides under his cloak.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:25 am 
Felix: Rapport: +4 Roll: -1 Total: +3
Aramsham: Resolve: +0 Roll: +2 Total: +2

Aramsham: XOOOO

Minor success - but even tagging two Aspects won't quite push you into a new Consequence (three Aspects will, though)

"A small blade?" Aramsham cackles. "And what will your small blade do against the fearsome swords of the Church Knights?"

Sir Sparhawk grabs Nate's wrist and leans to whisper in his ear. "There are ten thousand fanatics out there who will react very badly if anything happens to seriously frighten their 'illustrious prophet'."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:05 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Perhaps my phrasing was lost between the two languages," Felix smiles. "I mean to say, it's easier to affect greater change by attacking the corruption directly at the source as opposed to simply bringing down the sword and cutting loose everything around the corruption."

Felix continues.

"I suppose I should get to the point... Peaceable relations would do your cause better in the long run than simply sowing chaos. An exchange of open dialogue. Talking things out and coming to agreements. Diplomacy, you know? God will be with you in handshakes and words as well as swords and shields."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:46 am 
Felix: Rapport: +4 Roll: +1 Tag: Lost in a Metaphor: +2
Aramsham: Resolve: 0 Roll: +1

Aramsham: XOOOO Minor Major consequence: Halo Effect

"Oh!" Aramsham nods, eagerly. "I get it! You're saying that your small group can sneak into the Holy City of Chyrellos and assassinate the Arch-Prelate directly! Slice out the corruption right from where it begins!" He chuckles at the thought. "Is there anything I can do to aid this most sacred of quests?"

Martel and Sephrenia are glaring at each other, both grimly muttering and finger-wriggling. Whatever they're doing, the two of them are clearly taking it very seriously. However, it does not seem to be having any noticeable effect... yet.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Not quite to that," Felix says. "I've not had a chance to learn anything of the Arch-Prelate, nor speak to him at length. It may be that he's just misguided and needs a good talking to. Remember, never attribute to malice what can instead be attributed to simple misguidedness."

Felix nods his head as if passing on sagely wisdom before continuing.

"I am, however, aware of some pretty blatant corruption. Corruption which I seek to cut out at its source. Corruption which we have tracked all the way here, to this very room."

Felix dramatically points his finger at Martel and shouts.

"MARTEL! I name you a Corrupt Church Instigator, here to use your vile magic to usurp the Goodly Aramsham's position and take it for your own! You, who are here to spread wickedness and deceits for your own ends! Aramsham, please allow us to dispose of this wastrel and set right what he has tried to lead astray!"

Tag Halo Effect. Tag Former Church Knight. Tag Manipulations on behalf of Primate Raven. If need be, spend two fate points to tag Laser Focus and Fortune Roulette.

Felix is trying to shape Aramsham's Major Consequence into something that leads him to fully believe in the accusations Felix has delivered.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks like he's bitten something sour. "Martel has consorted with demons in the employ of a Church prelate. We have destroyed one ourselves. He is not a good man."

Tag Get Thee Behind Me, I'm Supposed to cast out Satan, Protector of the Faith, Church with Many Doors, and Defensive Pacifist at need.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:35 am 
Nate speaks.

Holy Aramsham, I am but a humble soldier, unlearned in the ways of god or magic, but I was there when the demon was brought forth, and I was one of many who fought against it. I survived where others did not, but the thought of fleeing did not enter our minds, for to run would be to consign the lives of many innocents to death and worse at it's hands. Innocent women and children who were trapped by an attack planned by Martel, and threatened by a demon of his conjuring. Afterwards I swore to hunt down and destroy any who would commit such acts of evil. I'm not one to cast judgement over others, and I'd be the first to admit that I've done things which would be considered dishonourable, things I'm not proud of, but to stoop to such lows is beyond inhumanity. By all that is Holy, Lord Aramsham, do not trust this man, he will only lead you down a path of sorrow and ruination. Cast him from your sight, and banish him from your lands, 'lest he bring demons here to torment your people as well. Please, I beseech you.

Tag aspects The Strong Defend The Weak. I'm Sorry, That's Classified. You Can Run, But You Can't Hide. It Only Takes One Perfect Shot. and There's What You're Supposed To Do, And Then There's What's Right. as needed.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:27 pm 
Felix: Rapport: +4 Roll: +0 Free tags: +4 (two valid) Sidekick: +3
Aramsham: Resolve: +0 Roll: +0

Normally, that would be enough for a major consequence, but...

Martel abandons his finger-wriggling and stands up. "Poppycock! I have always been a loyal servant of the true god, as the prophet Aramsham knows very well! I have merely spent some time undercover, and been forced to do some things to keep that cover..."

Martel: Rapport: +3 Roll: -1 Tag: History with Aramsham: +2 Tag: ????????: +2 Total: +6

Felix's +11 minus Martel's +6: +5

One more tag would be enough to tip the balance here, but I'm going to give Nate a free +1 for brilliant phrasing...

Aramsham: Major consequence: Broken Alliance

"Some things?" asks Aramsham, shaking in anger. "Some things? The righteous man does not consort with demons, no matter what the provocation! Even the Elene church, corrupt and heathen as it may be, does not dare to cross that line! Too long - too long have I paid attention to your poisonous counsel, too long have I delayed my righteous retribution on the Elene church because you persuaded me that it was not yet time! Enough! Today, you die, and tomorrow, we march to eradicate the corrupt Elene church!"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG