Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 am 
I'm thinking we should find the nearest Styric village and invite them over for lunch.

Also, weren't we supposed to host a small chapter of Church Knights at some point?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I think we were talking about asking them, but never got around to bringing it up with Vanire?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Kajin wrote:
Does Arkady know the names of any of his fellow priests, by any chance?

I'm certain that Arkady knows the name of every eastern or western rite Catholic cleric on the ship. There can't be all that many. But that's going to have to involve a long discussion with the Captain, and Arkady trying to figure out who is both most pious (his best guess as to mystery skill) and least likely to go ballistic and immediately try to exorcise Piper.

In theory every priest knows how to perform an exorcism, btw; but I suppose for purposes of using it as a spell actual training would probably be required.

Empathy 5 would be interesting, but he'd often need a way to communicate what he's figured out to someone better able to persuade than him. Asides in English might become diplomatically awkward.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:24 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I want to stay here a couple days and support the ship a bit before we leave, unless everyone wants to leave immediately? That should give you enough time to find and train good priests to expand the ship's defensive options.

Also staying here a couple days would give time for Felix and his sidekick to talk some stuff over, so them leaving with us won't seem quite so rushed from a story perspective.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:24 pm 
Vanire's Church Knights are spread a bit thin just at the moment - there's a lot of country to guard.

And you can of course stay with the ship a few days, if you think it's a good idea to let Talen hang around that long...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:33 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We could always offer to patrol the areas beyond our border for monsters to keep people safe. Payment in the form of peanuts or other miscellaneous food items is acceptable. If three Knights and an appropriate amount of food could be spared to accommodate three active patrols, that should be more than enough manpower and firepower to keep a wide area safe.

As for Talen... I mean there's only so much he can steal without us noticing and most of it is largely expendable, as much as David would complain... but having him report back just how readily vulnerable we are could be more of a hassle than we should have to put up with. What time is it and how long will it take us to wrap up our business if we just finish the stuff we're doing now? Might be a better idea to finish giving our advice and information and leave this day.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 pm 
Lateish afternoon. If you really push it you can leave before evening, but you'll still end up setting camp before going very far at all.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:05 pm 
I'm planning on setting Piper to watch our young thief.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Then that'd just look suspicious. Like we were trying to hide something by getting Talen out of there quickly. Kid is sharp, he'd probably notice. Ah well.
balthazar wrote:
I'm planning on setting Piper to watch our young thief.

Man, he'd have a hard time escaping her if she was serious about it. Maybe I should let her go.

I still don't know what to think about this Zalasbra guy. Have I talked to him long enough or watched him talking long enough to do an Empathy roll?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 am 
Heh. I missed the comma is Zalasbra's last sentence. Totaly changes the meaning.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:06 pm 
Kajin wrote:
I still don't know what to think about this Zalasbra guy. Have I talked to him long enough or watched him talking long enough to do an Empathy roll?

Technically, Arkady should already have got an Empathy read long ago... I just wasn't sure if it would be rolled at +4 or +5. At this point, I'll go with the +4, though.

For anyone else, it would take about half an hour of chatting to get the measure of someone.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'll spend a fate point on one of Arkady's aspects to boost his Empathy roll. If you want something done, do it yourself seems like it'll work?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
FWIW, Arkady is going to swap his engineering and empathy. He is also wondering where the hell the dairy products are coming from that Piper has just been promised.

At this point I'm starting to suspect 'defender of the faith' might be getting a workout soon. What's going to be involved in scaring up another cleric or two?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 pm 
I am assuming we've continued trade with the neibouring village for perishables like dairy.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:19 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
balthazar wrote:
I am assuming we've continued trade with the neibouring village for perishables like dairy.

Are we sure the locals even have milk producing animals?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG