Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:33 pm 
The next morning dawns bright and early. Felix is curled up in the back of one of the trucks, fast asleep. Piper sits herself quite firmly next to him, ignoring Captain Argent's objections until the Captain picks her up and holds her firmly - he does *not* think that this journey is a suitable place to send a small child, and states this opinion firmly.

The Baron is a late riser, and is not quite up yet.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady, mostly packed for travel, comes out and sees this. He comments to Piper "Little mother, we will be traveling with the baron. Do you really want to come with us?"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:29 am 
Piper briefly considers the question, then nods.

"Certainly not," insists Captain Argent.

Piper rolls her eyes and shrugs.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix stirs, the noise disturbing his rest. He goes right back to sleep, though. He appears to be clutching a box of flash bangs with the words Party Favors scrawled onto the side.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:36 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady considers Piper for a second, then turns to the captain. "Tell me, captain; how long would you last in these monster infested woods armed with nothing but a flute? If she thinks the risk is acceptable, I'd be willing to accept her judgement." Then he glances back at the box. Party favors? Bozhe moi...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix rolls over and accidentally nudges one of the recently stacked crates in the back of the truck, causing it to fall over on top of him.

"Ow, ow!" Felix yells, extricating himself from underneath the crate. Sitting up and looking around blearily, he scratches his head. "What, are we not ready to leave yet? I thought we were already on our way... What knocked that crate onto me if not a bump in the road?"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:34 am 
Nate wanders in whistling and spinning a set of car keys around one finger.

"Goood morning campers! We all set to go?"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:49 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix looks around.

"I don't think we quite are, just yet. Where's the Baron?"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"Asleep, raiding our store rooms? He and his men are not ready to go yet." Arkady looks at the keys then asks "So who will not be driving? Somebody needs to keep watch somewhere, and we have too many vehicles for that to happen on both."

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'll sit in back and nap in whichever truck we eventually plan on installing the mounted turret on, since it's sort of useless without someone manning it," Felix yawns. "Plus I was up all night getting more work done before we had to leave. Get the ship more power. One less thing for them to worry about trying to build. I wouldn't trust myself driving a remote control toy car right as tired as I am right now."

Felix hops out of the back of the truck, then continues speaking in English.

"That being said, if that damnable Baron isn't ready yet then I suppose I'm not done working. Anyone care to help me start work on another windmill while we're out and about? The colonists can finish it after we leave and the more sections of the hydroponics wing they can light up at once the more food we can eventually produce. Not to mention anything else the power can be used for..."

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
After a second, Arkady gestures towards the ship. "Wouldn't it be better to put solar cells up above the trees than a windmill down here? We have some in storage, and it should be easy enough to mount them on the EVA brackets on the hull."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:34 am 
"I'd have to be very lucky to last more than a day," admits the Captain. "But - a city is very different to a jungle, and requires very different skills to best survive. Moreover, I think I'd rather be able to keep an eye on her."

A somewhat sleepy and yawning Baron Harparin appears at the door, looking down his nose at everyone assembled. "Are those your carriages?" he asks, looking down his nose at the trucks. "Well, harness them to your horses and get ready to go. I need to get back to civilisation."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:20 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Not that it matters anymore," Felix sighs. He hops back into the back of the truck with the turret and lays down. "I'm good to go."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:39 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks thoughtful for a second, then at Piper. He says in English: "He's right, little mother. A city has different monsters than the woods, and it's harder to hide. Are you sure you want to come with us?"

Then he glances over at Nate. "Have you ever driven a technical?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:33 am 
"Couple of times. I'm better behind a scope then I am behind a wheel, and I haven't driven a stick shift in forever, but I'll manage."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG