Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:49 pm 
Interesting setting, but the new version of the game looks far too simplified for my taste. I loved having mech sheets, with all my armor points and criticals laid out. We'd slip them in plastic covers and use dry erase markers to record damage. I loved how a quirk of the dice could tear the arm off a mech, stripping it of a valuable weapon. I loved the terror a jump jet equipped axe wielding maniac inspired as it managed to land right beside you. I loved the thrill of an indirect assault of heat modified LRMs coming from a hidden Catapult with a Locust spotter. I loved custom paint jobs.

Oh well, neither occur on line.

The Ursa is intriguing, if you can dig up specs, I'll play that (something heavy on the energy, light on the ballistic). Otherwise, I'll dig up some hunk of clan tech.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:41 pm 
AOL: ERNordstrom
Location: Random Evil to the benifit of all!(except everybody except me)
Count me back in, I'll probably just tweak Jerald Hlyvinar and possibly the Scorpicorn.

EDIT: I personally found the http://www.Chaosmarch.com site very useful for actual mech configurations. Hmm... I seem to be having a hard time making heads or tails of the link you provided MP. And GACK! some of the models on that sight are just mutilations of the original and more practical look...

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG