Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post subject: CiRCLES - 2 - Potholes
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:38 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
oog: Continue in here once "The wheels on the bus..." reaches 10 pages.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:22 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"Karolyn, if you can stand it you might want to wait to do that and let me or someone else who does first aid remove that stuff. You can do more damage taking it out wrong than it did when it cut you. As soon as I make sure David is okay, I can take care of it or John can as soon as they get a tarp or tent up. If it hurts too much, go ahead but I warn ya it's gonna bleeeed." Mike turns back to trying to get David to respond.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:06 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
oog: I thought it was you Jared who had the first aid, sorry just pretend I was talking to Mike.
oog: Did we get the door open?

Ig: John goes "I can set wrists as well and me and Laurie have a tent that can fit a maximum of 8 people, or 6 and gear, if we cant get him concious, then we need to find a way to gte him out of the bus without doing a further damage to his body." He asks Janny "Is there any kind of a backboard on the bus." If she says yes he goes to get it and asks Mike, Jared, and Hanny for help if not, he says "Maybe we can take the backpack off my frame, and use some towels to provide a middle, and just have a lot of people carry it so it doesnt break with from the weight, but we still need something to secure his neck, anyone got anything, or else we will have to improvise."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Laurie thinks fast. "Will a towel or blanket and somebody's belt work? Is anyone wearing a belt?" It occurs to her that someone might need a tournequet, not that she knows how to use one, but she hopes that enough people are wearing belts. She's not.

She sighs. "I already said I'd pitch a tent if we can find a safe place for it. What's with this 'tarp' crap?" She adds, "There's at least one Ace bandage in the First-aid kit, and I'm sure there's wood enough around here to make splints, if we can't find something better." She doubts anyone's listening to her.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:35 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
OOC - Yes, the driver opened the door.

"Let me see what I can do with him first, you two and Jared get everyone else off this bus and yes Laurie, I think a tent would be alot better than a tarp, we'll give presidence to those more injured. I'm fine, just cut in places, I can handle it later. There are people worse off than me. Wanna get that tent up then?" He turns back to David.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:56 pm 
Location: Almost a lawyer, just need to submit some paperwork and go through interviews
John says back to Mike "Yeah, exactly, we need to get him out of here, but u have time, make sure if he gets concious that he is careful with his neck, the fact that he is concious I think warrants putting on a neck brace, though we probably all need it. and if he isnt call me. Me, Laurie, and whoever else can help will set up the tent, and once setup me and and Janny can start treating the minor injuries."

Then he turns to Janny,"if you can setup the tarp, it would be great because we could keep our stuff dry because we might need it.

John then grabs the tent gear and wlaks outside, where he begins setting up, by first pulling the tent, poles, stakes, tarp, and other patrts of the tent, he seperates them, and that starts by laying out the tent.

Last edited by The_Confused_One on Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:22 pm 
"Uhhh..." David's eyes slowly flicker open as he begins to regain consciousness, although a pain from his splitting headache keeps him from standing up quite yet. "...my freaking head... what hit me?" His head rolling back, he takes one look at what lies on the other side of the windshield and mumbles, "Oh yeah... a giant rock and about half of a bus..." Wincing up at Mike, he manages to force a smile and add, "I don't suppose you've seen my backpack around anywhere, eh?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:05 am 
AOL: kiroth6
Oh

Karolyn remarks as she leaves her arm alone. She listens to Laurie.

I think we're gonna have to move farther down to get the wood. Wait, what about that wierd guy? The one with those flashlights on his head. Where did he go?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:34 am 
Janny hears the magic word "belt" and retrieves one from her pack, giving it to Laurie, along with her flashlight and the first aid kit. "Directly over the site of the wound," she instructs before taking cotton clothesline from her pack and climbing out of the bus.

Since ((Sal's character)) is halfway out the door and has a flashlight out as well, she recruits his help in setting up a tarp, propping it up over some young saplings on the other side of the boulders near where John chose to set the tent up. She ties it into place, then sits under it in the wet forest floor foliage (mostly ferns and moss and grasses), feeling tired. She begins to feel her arms for glass, and pick out the small peices carefully. She can feel her painfully split lip trying to stop bleeding, and she is aware of a giant goose-egg bruise above her brow from when she must've hit her head off of the steering wheel. She lets shock and trauma have its moment, not even noticing that her clothes are now wet.

Karolyn and Laurie ARE sadly ignored, so it seems.

David seems to be the unfortunate victim of a mild concussion and feels rather drowsy. Perhaps his pupils will tell if this is factual.

((edited in:))

Mike seems to remember something about concussions... and about how it's bad for the person to go to sleep. He also remembers something about shining a light into the victim's eyes to see if his or her pupils dilate. ((If you know more than that, feel free to apply it here. if not, that's all you get from me! Ask around.))

Last edited by quesoLOCO27 on Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:37 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"We, like, fell off a cliff, right? The creepy guy was probably on top of the cliff, and we're on the bottom. He's on foot, so even if he's a nutjob it'll be a while before he gets down here." She nods to John and the first-aid crew he's putting together. "I'm going to go help them set up the tent. I don't know if you'll be able to help much with that arm, but at least come with me so the boys can try and take care of it." She takes Janny's belt and leads Karolyn over to where the tent will be put up.

EDIT: to account for queso's post

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:40 am 
AOL: kiroth6
...Okay then. I'll just be checking on the road in case anyone comes by.

She gets ahold of her guide (Sal) and starts climbing up the cliff towards the road.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:46 am 
John starts pushing the the poles through the holes in the tent as Laurie does the same on the other side (oog: STG said I could do this for her). After threading the poles he pushes it into the peg at the corner of each side. He then beings pushing in the pegs to nail the tent to the gorund, he uses his leg to push down the peg as far as possible. All that remains is to put the tarp in place.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:51 am 
It takes some time for John and Laurie to pitch the tent, but they succeed after 5 or so minutes.

((Sal)) provides the light as he and Karolyn begin to backtrack. They find that the enbankment the bus fell from was actually more of a steep, muddly hill than a cliff, persay. Karolyn is quick to find out just how steep... and slick... and muddy this hill is by slipping on a wet fern and falling forward into the ground, then sliding on her stomach for a good five feet. Mud and stains ensue. Karolyn also realizes that this would hurt a lot less without glass in her arms.

((Sal)) offers Karolyn a hand to bring her to her feet again, not commenting on her new look, as it's not his place to.

Janny sits under the tarp, which is propped up by and tied to two tall, healthy saplings. She looks a little dazed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:04 am 
oog: We put together the tent in 5 minutes? That is impressive.

John notices Janny looking a little dazed after finishing the tent and also realizes that Karolyn as walked away and he tells Laurie "Go get Karolyn, she has glass in her arm, she cant be walking around, we need to stay together."

He then says to Janny and says "Janny come with me, you dont look so good, it is possible you might have a concussion." he then calls out to Mike "How is it going in there? Is David ok?"

Then he speaks to everyone who is outside or still in the bus "Everyone should get looked at by the people with first aid knowledge, we are not doctors, unless one of you is and is hiding it from us, and in that case we could use your help. But otherwise, people with first aid knowledge is the best we got. I just hope my brother supplemented my knowledge enough to be as effective as an EMT."

oog: Just like me, John's brother is an EMT and now a doctor, and he has gone on the ambulance and seen some cool stuff, and learned alot.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:12 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Laurie chases down Karolyn and sees her slide down the hill. "Oh, crap." She catches up to her, and finally says, "Girl, you're in no shape for mud bobsled. Come on, we're gonna get checked out by the psuedo-medics." Hopefully, this time Karolyn actually follows.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG