Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post subject: Fallout: Pantera OOC
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Stan T. Cold Presents
Fallout: Dusk of the Panthers
(working title, open for suggestion)

General Overview
Bombs fell. Who dropped 'em? Who cares? All you know is that you're now living in the giant fallout shelter Vault-Tec Vault 43. That's right, the one with the panther.

More Specific Overview
In 2077, the Great War, a massive nuclear war, started. Your ancestors were rushed into massive fallout shelters called Vaults. Your Vault is located in the Ohio River Valley, deep in the woods. I say deep in the woods, I should say deep in the group of shriveled black things. Outside of the Vault, it's a Post Nuclear Role Playing Hellhole. Luckily, inside the Vault you're a healthy 19-21 year old with a steady job and youthful prime. Whenever monotony starts to kick in, pranks and parties provide entertainment. Who would want to leave this ideal existence?

Well of course you're gonna have to! But that's down the road. I don't want to reveal too much of the plot because I have this awesome intro planned, but if you want background info (or to fact-check and correct me, which is smiled upon) this is always a good place to check out.

Those who've played my games before, such as Randomness IN SPACE (players left) and It Happens (Ran into plot issues. Plot issues in a game with vampires, robots and dinosaurs? How is that possible!) will know that I make sort of a soft-core games. Fallout is more of a hardcore game. So this would be somewhere in the middle, a mid-core game if you would. Great for veterans and noobies alike.

Character Creation
First off, make a bio for yourself. This should include your name, distinguishing features, short life story and general info.

By now, you should know that you're SPECIAL. Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck. Yep, SPECIAL. These are your attributes. They each start with a base of 5. You then get to spread 5 points amongst them. Points can be subtracted from an attribute to supplement others. Attributes help define your skills, along with other minor advantages.

Now at the age of sixteen, every Vault resident takes the GOAT, the Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test. This decides what your job in the Vault is. Answer the questions below and PM them to me. I'll send a response with your result and recommended skills to tag. This is mostly for story and you can tag any skill you like. The ones I recommend are only that, recommendations.

Question 1: You are approached by a frenzied vault scientist, who yells, "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

1 "But doctor, wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?"
2 "Yeah? Up yours too, buddy!"
3 Say nothing, but grab a nearby pipe and hit the scientist in the head to knock him out. For all you knew, he was planning to blow up the vault.
4 Say nothing, but slip away before the scientist can continue his rant.

Question 2: While working as an intern in the clinic, a patient with a strange infection on his foot stumbles through the door. The infection is spreading at an alarming rate, but the doctor has stepped out for a while. What do you do?

1 Amputate the foot before the infection spreads.
2 Scream for help.
3 Medicate the infected area to the best of your abilities.
4 Restrain the patient, and merely observe as the infection spreads.

Question 3: You discover a young boy lost in the lower levels of the vault. He's hungry and frightened, but also appears to be in possession of stolen property. What do you do?

1 Give the boy a hug and tell him everything will be okay.
2 Confiscate the property by force, and leave him there as punishment.
3 Pick the boy's pocket to take the stolen property for yourself, and leave the boy to his fate.
4 Lead the boy to safety, then turn him over to Vault security.

Question 4: Congratulations! You made one of the Vault 43 baseball teams! Which position do you prefer?

1 Pitcher.
2 Catcher.
3 Designated Hitter
4 None, you wish the vault had a soccer team.

Question 5: Your Grandmother invites you to tea, but you're surprised when she gives you a pistol and orders you to kill another vault resident. What do you do?

1 Obey your elder and kill the vault resident with the pistol.
2 Offer your most prized possession in exchange for the vault resident's life.
3 Ask for a minigun instead. After all, you don't want to miss.
4 Throw your tea in granny's face.

Question 6: Old Mr. Abernathy has locked himself in his quarters again, and you've been ordered to get him out. How do you proceed?

1 Use a bobby pin to pick the lock on the door.
2 Trade a vault hoodlum for his cherry bomb and blow open the lock.
3 Go to the armory, retrieve a laser pistol, and blow the lock off.
4 Just walk away and let the old coot rot.

Question 7: Oh no! You've been exposed to radiation, and a mutated hand has grown out of your stomach! What's the best course of treatment?

1 A bullet to the brain.
2 Large Doses of anti-mutagen agent.
3 Pray, Maybe God will spare you in exchange for a life of pious devotion.
4 Removal of the mutated tissue with a precision laser.

Question 8: A fellow Vault 43 resident is in possession of a Grognak the Barbarian comic book, issue #1. You want it. What's the best way to obtain it?

1 Trade the comic book for one of your own valuable possessions.
2 Steal the comic book at gunpoint.
3 Sneak into the resident's quarters, and steal the comic book from his desk.
4 Slip some knock out drops into the resident's Nuka-Cola, and take the comic book when he's unconscious.

Question 9: You decide it would be fun to play a prank on your father. You enter his private restroom when no one is looking, and....

1 Loosen some bolts on some pipes. When the sink is turned on, the room will flood.
2 Put a firecracker in the toilet. Thats sure to cause some chaos.
3 Break into the locked medicine cabinet and replace his high blood pressure medication with sugar pills.
4 Manipulate the power wattage on his razor, so he'll get an electric shock next time he uses it.

Now for skills. Your skills are basically percentages. One skill point equals one percent. I'll handle most of the rolling, which is rolling against a set difficulty. If the value is below your skill level, that is a success; above and it's a failure. The skills are:

Barter: Proficiency at trading and haggling. Based on Charisma.
Big Guns: Proficiency at using big guns. Based on Endurance.
Energy Weapons: Proficiency at using energy-based weapons. Based on Perception.
Explosives: Proficiency at using explosive weaponry. Based on Perception.
Lockpick: Proficiency at picking locks. Based on Perception.
Medicine: Proficiency at using medical tools and drugs. Based on Intelligence.
Melee Weapons: Proficiency at using melee weapons. Based on Strength.
Repair: Proficiency at repairing items. Based on Intelligence.
Science: Proficiency at hacking computers and other scientific knowledge. Based on Intelligence.
Small Guns: Proficiency at using conventional firearms. Based on Agility.
Sneak: Proficiency at remaining undetected and stealing. Based on Agility.
Speech: Proficiency at persuading others. Based on Charisma.
Unarmed: Proficiency at unarmed fighting. Based on Endurance.

At creation, you tag three skills. These skills gain an additional 15 points.

I can't think of anything else right now, and it's rather late. Ask and you shall receive.

Last edited by Stan Cold on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:07 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I am officially reserving a spot for me, Skitz, and Dom. I'm sure we'll all want to play.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 pm 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
In. Ran Fallout twice, never got to play it. I'm in like Flynn (and haven't even read the thread yet.) I'll literally track down and murder people until there are few enough players that you can't not take me, too.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm 
See? Told you so.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:25 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'm in, assuming that there are enough spaces left so that skitz doesn't have to hunt me down to get a spot.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 pm 
Stacy Chan

S 8
P 4
E 6
C 7
I 4
A 7
L 4

Stacy's father, Jackie, is the Vault Panther Keeper. The panther has long been the symbol of the Vault's prosperity, and the Keeper is in charge of making sure its genetic code matches those of past cloned panthers. It's usually a dangerous job, as the panthers have always tended to remain a bit feral.

Except Stacy's just so stubborn and yet lovable that it didn't take this time. The latest panther was cloned when Stacy was two, and she took to the panther kitten like a child to, well, a kitten. Stacy and the panther are totally best friends forever, and Stacy's just about the toughest kid in the Vault because she plays with the panther all the time.

She's cute as a button, too.

Tag: Speech, Melee, Unarmed. Stacy is supposed to be the Vault's next Marriage Counsellor.

Last edited by FreakyBoy on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:49 pm 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Tyler Radon is a troubled little boy. His mother died when he was four, of complications from a concussion she suffered when she fell and struck her head on a hard fitting in the Radon's quarters. Her husband, one of the Vault Maintenance crew raised the boy in the bowels of the Vault, and Tyler learned what fun it was to loosen panel fittings and rewire whatever was inside. He always made sure to cover his tracks and leave someone elses tools behind for the repair crews to eventually find.

Tyler delights in the small miseries of life. He knows the secret fears of his classmates, and strives to make sure they face them as often as possible. TO make them stronger, for the betterment of the Vault community. The same philosophy applies to the whole vault as well: dealing with chaos will bring out eh best in everyone. The sterility and unchanging-ness of the vault has bred softness and that must be corrected.

Tyler dreads the day that the Vault opens. He doesn't want his victims to be able to get away. He always has an answer for the Overseer, or an alibi. If he knew that the Vaults were just a huge social engineering project and in no way intended to save humanity, he'd be proud to be a part of it. An errant variable that Vault-Tec hadn't expected.

S - 7
P - 5
E - 7
C - 4
I - 7
A - 6
L - 4

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:01 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Sorry! Was playing Civ 5 all night! I'm in, but I'll have the character to you tomorrow, when I'm at work. I need to go to bed now.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:58 am 
Cecil Charleston

Distinguishing features: Cecil is lucky.

Seriously, seriously lucky. If he tosses a fair coin, it'll land on the side he wants it to land on four times out of five; he's actually been banned from entering any lotteries in the Vault (since once he enters, no-one else considers it worthwhile to bother buying a ticket). He has a slight phobia of spiders, but, then again, spiders seem to have a slight phobia of Cecil (how else does one explain the fact that they always seem to try to hide from him?). He tends to be a bit smug about his incredible luck, though, which doesn't exactly win him many friends.

He also has an interest in mechanisms; finding out how they work, maybe making small improvements.

Strength: 3
Perception: 4
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 8
Luck: 10

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 am 
Room for a sixth?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 am 
Always. Love big parties. Always seems to be action.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 am 
Ran Polick
Strength = 4
Perception = 9
Endurance = 5
Charisma = 3
Intelligence = 8
Agility = 7
Luck = 4

Ran is a stereotypical geek and a loner, and as such has always had a preference for avoiding other people. This naturally led him to exploring the less traveled areas of the vault and finding places other people didn’t go. Since most places like that are behind locked doors and other security measures, he quickly learned how to circumvent those annoyances to allow him to get to the places he wanted to go.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Thomas Vern

Bio: Thomas is a kid who always knew what he wanted to be. A very powerful wizard. This, unfortunately, was not possible for him, so instead he mostly moped around, wore black jumpsuits and makeup and looked sullen. This did work for him, in that he mostly was left alone to write horrendous poetry and short stories about people dying. Now he's thinking about becoming a ninja instead. They have magical powers, right?

Strength: 5
Perception: 7
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 10
Luck: 5

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:17 pm 
Sorry for the wait, Character to be provided within 12 hours. Honest!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:50 pm 
And once balthazar's character is ready, we may begin.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG