Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Each twosome goes their separate ways.

Stan and Adam head back to Neutral Grounds. By this time, the police have mostly cleared out, but only mostly. That said, they don't give either of the two any gruff as they walk into the store. Inside, they find a more subdued group, lesser in number, than they saw in there earlier. Having a man (well, kind of) die in the parking lot does tend to do that to a business, especially when the law might be a little leery about some of the more common patrons of the store. Currently the counter is unmanned... probably because a rather angry looking Diana is arguing with a rather pained looking policeman. Off in a corner, reading, is the young woman they rescued earlier.

Meanwhile...

Roberto and Jason find their way to the Ortega household, where from the smell wafting through the air around the house suggests that dinner is soon to be on the table. As they walk into the door, Ray, Roberto's uncle, pops his head around the corner from the kitchen. "Roberto! And... Jason, is that you?"

Last edited by Ruan on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Hey, Uncle Ray, I dragged Jason over for supper."

He grins, but the blood on his clothes isn't the only indication that something is bothering the younger Ortega.

"Is Grandpa in? I need to get hold of some folks, and he knows everybody in town."

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Adam scans the store and quickly finds who he is looking for.
"Let me handle this, Stan. You stay here and keep an eye about."

Quietly making his way across the coffee shop, Adam pulls up beside the girl and sits down in a chair across from her.
"Hey, I came back to check up. Are you alright?"

Post Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Stan let's Adam handle this as he keeps an eye about.

Post Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:33 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jason casts his eyes down, instinctively trying to make himself less noticible, or something to that degree.

"Well... I hate to turn down an offer when its persistant enough..."

He lets Roberto take the lead in whatever conversation may be coming, knowing that he usually was completely incapable of keeping up with the rapid fire family exchanges.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ray nods at the question and points at the next doorway over. "He's at his usual place in the study. Think he was playing chess against himself again. Supper'll be ready in about 10 minutes."

--

Rapport: 3

The young woman shrinks back momentarily, but smiles when she recognizes Adam. She sets her book down to the side. "I'm fine, thanks to you and your... friends. A little jumpy perhaps..." her eyes flick around the store "... but that's to be expected when one almost gets killed by Red Court vampires."

Stan overhears a little bit of what the policeman is arguing about - something about a body in the parking lot which Diana claims to know nothing about. He asks for her security cameras, only to find out that she has none.

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Adam looks up at Diana to make sure the police officer is still busy.
"That's good to hear. I didn't get a chance to check in and see if you'd gotten away without injury. Couldn't sit right with the idea of not knowing, you know?"
Adam shrugs.
"I'm Adam, by the way. You have a plan on what to do from here on out? I can see you to your home if you'd like. You should be safer inside a house proper, I believe."

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:08 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Ruan wrote:
Ray nods at the question and points at the next doorway over. "He's at his usual place in the study. Think he was playing chess against himself again. Supper'll be ready in about 10 minutes."

"Thanks, I'll leave you to your hard and thankless work."

He grins and ducks around his uncle heading to the study. Checking to see if his grandfather is still inside, he knocks on the door frame before entering.

"Evening, sir. We ran into some trouble and I was hoping you would have some advice for me."

Roberto steps inside and to the side so that his grandfather can see that Jason is with him.

"Can we sit down?"

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:47 pm 
Grandfather Ortega neatly flicks the white king over with a smile of satisfaction. "Checkmate." Without looking up, he says "Jason, good to see you again. Please, sit. You as well, Roberto."

He leans back in his chair and eyes the two of you over the chessboard. "So what advice do you need? From what I hear, you had those Red Court vampires well in hand."

----

The young woman blinks at Adam, and then shakes her head with a nervous laugh. "No, no thank you. I have every intention of staying here until tomorrow. At least I know that it is safe in here. No matter how crazy someone is, no one wants to cross Mab by directly attacking someone in neutral ground."

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Hmm... I don't know too much about the laws that govern the world of magic. I've only recently found out that this world existed, and to be quite honest my mind has been on different matters..."

Adam looks away thoughtfully for a moment before returning his attention to the girl.

"I'm glad to see that you're alright, Miss, but I have things I need to do."

Adam stands and makes his way to the door.

"Come on, Stan, let's be on our way."

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:59 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Roberto shakes his head, grinning.

"I should have known you'd have heard. My concern is that he is a stalking horse for another force in this city. But, trap or not, he is a fool and taking a chance like he did indicates he is a danger that needs to be taken care of. I,"

He looks over at Jason, before turning back to his grandfather.

"We, were wondering is you knew of anyone besides the Dupin Society who might be able to give us any information. If you know of how we can contact the Dupin Society, that would also be very helpful."

He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"I've been out of town for so long I'm out of the loop, and before that I frankly didn't give a damn about anything but the restaurant."

He grins again.

"Well that and girls."

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 pm 
"Aight tighty," Stan says, following Adam. Once they're out the door, Stan asks, "So, the girl's okay? Drop any info on the vamps?"

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Yeah, she's alright. Unfortunately, no, I didn't get any info."
Adam makes his way for the door.
"I'm not familiar with this area so I can't say I know where to go from here. For now, let's try and find Roberto and see if he found out anything."

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:43 pm 
"Hmm... Idea! There an ally or hedge nearby?" Stan asks.

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Dunno."
Adam shrugs.
"How good is your sense of smell? Maybe we can use the blood left on my gloves to track this Damocles fellow to wherever his lair is."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG