Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Quote:
"No. Carson's a cocky bastard, I'll give him that much. But he's not stupid. Last thing he wants right now is for someone to go poking around in his business. Especially not someone from the White Council. Only reason he's lasted as long as he has is because of the Council being at war with the Reds. I'd be careful, wizard. He might decide that the best defense is a good offense."

"You really do have eyes everywhere. Very well, you have given us quite a bit of information. What is it that you would like us to do?"

Roberto spreads his hands, deciding in his own wizardly fashion to be blunt.

"What do you get out of feeding us this information? Who are your allies, and how are they strengthened by the weakening of the Red and White courts?"

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"You suspect us? Oh, I am wounded, to be questioned so!" Bran grins wickedly. "That is the question I will leave you to solve yourself, wizard. After all, I can't be telling you everything. Else, why would you ever call on us?"

He spreads his hands wide, moving off of the building. "All we want you to do is to go do that voodoo that you do oh..." He takes a step forward. "so..."

Roberto's Alertness: 0
Jason's Alertness: 1

And suddenly disappears, reappearing disconcertingly right behind Robert, his hand on his shoulder. "well." He looks solemnly at Roberto.

"Work with us, and you will be well into ridding this city of the infestation that had plagued it for years. Work against us... well." He gives a friendly smile. "There's no reason why we can't be friends, right?"

---

"Well, if you want the White Court, you'll want to get in contact with the Lagios family... The current leader is Vasiliki Lagios. Good luck trying to get a hold of him though. He never frequents the same places and always does his business on the move. His niece, Alexandra, might be a little easier to find... you might try one of the brothels over at Fell's Point. What was it... 'Some kinda bug' Club. What's the bug who eats her mate after sex?"

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:59 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Bran wrote:
"Work with us, and you will be well into ridding this city of the infestation that had plagued it for years. Work against us... well." He gives a friendly smile. "There's no reason why we can't be friends, right?"

"Ah. Well, I just assumed you were working for the Seelie. Which would explain the attempted manipulation. Thanks for the information, though. Are any of the Dupin's inside? I thought I'd introduce myself, if they are."

Roberto had turned, and was smiling. That was his usual response to threats. Disarming to some, and at the same time a threat of his own. However, Bran's response to the wizards complete and utter shot in the dark would tell him something about the Were.

Empathy Check wrote:
Empathy (2) +,-,+,+ = 4

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jason growls again. "I hate people who talk like you. I've met all too many so far....... How about a bit more clarity on this? OR is being mysterious some sort of disability you can't help?"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Brothels? Who would know where those are? Heh, heh." Stan stands uncomfortably for a moment. "Well, it was nice t' meet you Merle. Dinner sometime? Great. Follow me, Adam." Stan attempts to drag Adam to the brothel.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Adam remains rooted in place, purely out of spite.

Might Check: 0

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Adam gets more or less dragged away by Stan. The other man is either surprisingly strong, or halfway through beginning to struggle Adam realizes he is getting dragged to a brothel. Granted, said brothel is under control of White Court vampires, but still. Brothel. Merle looks on amused and gives a half-hearted wave as they head out, turning on the tv in the hotel room and relaxing on the bed.

So, the dynamic duo head off to Fell's Point. It now being well into the evening, the 'clubs' here are in full swing, as various people - most of them men, except for the occasional hooker - go in and out of the buildings. The most popular place seems to be the Mantis Club - there's a fairly long line outside of people waiting to get in.

---

Bran's Rapport: 3

Meanwhile, Bran raises an eyebrow at Roberto. "We steer clear of faeries, thank you. We keep tabs on their activities, of course, that's just self-preservation, but that's just about it."

"As for your question..." he turns to Jason and gives a big smile. "I love being mysterious. It allows you to be condescending and an *** to people and generally get away with it."

"And finally, yes, there are indeed members of the Dupin Society inside - tonight was one of their meetings. In fact, I believe there is someone on the other side of the door right now due to the ward triggered earlier, waiting for me to say that 'the coast is clear'." He looks pointedly at the door, which opens, and an tall, old man appears.

"I hear a rapping, a tap tap tapping at my chamber door, and what do I find? A raven, but not Nevermore." His eyes give Bran a dry look, then turns to Roberto and Jason. "Now what can a wizard and..." he looks piercingly at Jason, (Lore: 4) "a changeling want with the Dupin Society?"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Adam smiled and waved back at Merle before losing sight of her, somehow managing to feel indignant about being dragged along before settling into weary resignation as to his fate.

"Some kinda bug club, huh? I suppose that's it over there," Adam remarked, gesturing at the Mantis Club. "I'm not waiting in that line. Let's see if we can find an alternative route in, shall we?"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm 
"Hold on, Adam. Let's see if we can't charm the pants off this bouncer." Stan walks not to the whomever guards the door, but to any pretty women in the area. He has a plan.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:40 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Roberto waves at the man.

"Good evening sir. We humble visitors crave admittance through yonder portal."

He grins.

"Actually we're here for information sharing, backup and maybe if we're lucky, tea."

The wizard gestures towards Bran.

"I didn't expect to have such a thematically appropriate butler though."

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:17 am 
Stan spots what seems to be the prettiest young woman waiting in line and makes a beeline toward her, Adam in tow. She looks appraisingly at the two of them, holds up a hand to stop them, and says "No."

---

The Dupin Society fellow looks at Bran and snorts. "If only. If he was our butler, he'd show us a little bit more respect... but then again, he'd probably get fired rather quickly. Unfortunately, we don't have tea - this is, after all, America. Which means we have bad coffee instead, which you are welcome to. If you would step inside?"

Bran looks amused, and turns to walk away. "Need anything else before I go?"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'm not with him," Adam quickly replies as he tries to make another getaway.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 am 
"Straight t' the point. Like that. But we come bearing gifts." Stan produces a dime bag of weed from his hat. "Plus, ya get in early, since parties with women are usually high priority. Also, well, the bouncer can't refuse a pretty face like that. And if it doesn't work, well, you now have weed!"

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Ruan wrote:
The Dupin Society fellow looks at Bran and snorts. "If only. If he was our butler, he'd show us a little bit more respect... but then again, he'd probably get fired rather quickly. Unfortunately, we don't have tea - this is, after all, America. Which means we have bad coffee instead, which you are welcome to. If you would step inside?"

Bran looks amused, and turns to walk away. "Need anything else before I go?"

"Oh well, perhaps it was too much to hope for tea."

He grins at the man, before glancing at Bran.

"Being mysterious is realy good for making you look cool, but doesn't really build trust. Thanks for the info you did give, though."

Roberto inclines his head to the shapeshifter before heading for the door.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:36 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jason glares at Bran, feeling taht definite sense of dislike, before following Roberto. The wizard seemed to have mastered his unease, so Jason felt that he would probably do better at speaking for now.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG