Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14533
Location: Yes.
Arkady shrugs. "I am not knowing. But we probably should be telling our hosts to leave a church knight in the hall who can see the crow's hands at all times."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:35 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10411
"That's a good idea," agrees Theresa.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:19 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14533
Location: Yes.
Nodding, Arkady looks at Vanire. "Your Grace, we think it would be a good idea if a church knight was always in sight of Primate Raven's hands during the sessions. Why be taking chances?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10411
"Very sensible," agrees Vanire. "There's almost no chance he could pull it off inside the Basilica, even if he wanted to try, but better safe than sorry."

--------------

Everyone heads off to bed and gets a completely undisturbed night's sleep. Next morning, you're woken a bit before dawn (on the basis that you might like to accompany Dolmant and Vanire and the three nervous once-hidden Patriarchs to the Basilica - and even if you don't you might as well join them for breakfast).

"Gentlemen," says Vanire, when you arrive at the breakfast table, "it seems that we are under siege."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:16 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14533
Location: Yes.
Arkady shakes his head, then asks: "We the people in your home, or we the people in this city?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10411
"We the people in this city. The army is encamped outside our walls; a lot of them appear to be mercenaries. Both Martel and the Seeker have been observed, and there's also a small contingent of half-starved Rendorish fanatics."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14533
Location: Yes.
Arkady looks at Nathan. "I am thinking this is your kind of problem, though it would not bother me if Martel meets one of your 12.7mm bullets."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8170
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Martel is with the Rendorish army? If that's the case then it seems the Seeker has gotten to Aramsham. No way he would be working with Martel otherwise."

Felix thinks.

"What's the gambit, here? Why is Martel still pulling strings when he should have long since fled? You don't think this was planned all along? Create a crisis for Raven to exploit somehow?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14533
Location: Yes.
Arkady shrugs. "Or Aramsham is dead. It is looking like yesterday we picked a good day to tell everyone that Raven is Azash's candidate. I am thinking perhaps we will be needing to remind them all tonight. Otherwise we may be seeing Raven playing the miracle working leader who raised the siege. Well, at least now we knowing what Makova was stalling for."

Then he looks sour and turns to the assembled prelates. "Which is raising another thought. Your Graces, what will it take to get your God to take a hand? Do we need to worry about Raven openly taking over as the candidate of Azash, or would that provoke intervention against him?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:35 am
Posts: 85
Sam shuffled downstairs, having spent most of the last day wandering around the farm stalls and restaurants to figure out what foods they used and produced and what human parallels there were. Catching the last half of the conversation, "Is there any way to alert the trading farmers before they start moseying over here? Because otherwise, we're going to end up with pressganged farmers and they're going to have free food.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Nate doesn't look up from to rifle he's field stripping.

"A good point. An army like this is going to have a limited supply chain to support them. If we can cut it, they'll be relying on forage to keep food on their plates, and that takes men off the lines and is a short term solution at best. All of which plays in our favor."

Rifle reassembled, Nate looks up at the others.

"This fight isn't going to be won from behind the walls. At least some of us need to get out to cause trouble. The others should stay here and make sure Raven doesn't make a play for power. With the siege we may have to reevaluate our political stance. Ortzel may not be our best choice if we're headed into a war, especially given his stance on magic. A candidate with wartime experience will likely gain more votes from the neutral patriarchs. We should also try and contact the ship and see if we can call in some reinforcements. A few gunships would go a long way right now. So would some artillery or heavy mortars."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10411
Vanire looks over a piece of paper - perhaps a report.

"Aramsham hasn't been identified among the Rendors," he says. "They appear to be following a man identifying himself as Ulesim, Most-Favoured-Disciple-Of-Holy-Aramsham. Frankly, there's barely more than a couple of dozen of them and they're emaciated to the point where I'm surprised they're still walking - of the various groups at our walls, they're the least threatening. Martel's army of mercenaries and the Seeker's army of everyone it could get are the serious threats."

"If I had to guess," opines Dolmant, with a nod at Felix and Arkady, "I think I agree this was likely Raven's plan all along; a crisis to try to force us to vote him in as Arch-Prelate. He's bribed enough Patriarchs that getting anyone else elected will require a miracle, and he can push this as a Crisis Of The Faith, try and use it to push for the election to be over as quickly as possible. Maybe even use the invading army to have a few Patriarchs killed in some or other way." To Arkady, he adds "The Elene god doesn't like to get involved; but no matter what bribes Raven's been offering, he'll be immediately rendered ineligible as a candidate if he openly admits to following any other god; candidates must be members of the Elene church."

"I very much doubt that we'd be able to get a message out through the siege," continues Vanire. "Fortunately, now that they're encamped around our walls, those armies are making no attempt to hide themselves; any approaching farmers should see them long before they get close, and have the opportunity to turn back. Unfortunately, this means that we will eventually run out of food."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8170
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We can use our radios to send a message back to the ship," Felix suggest. "The ship where Sir Bevir I believe is still residing? Would he be able to rally an army to come for us before such time as us running out of food?"

Felix ponders.

"Beyond that, we may not have such luxuries as time if Raven plans on forcing a vote. We may need to take measures. How big is the sieging army? What resources do we have that could repel it?"

Felix hits upon an idea.

"Martel was sighted and he's a known associate of Raven, right? Can that be used against them?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:22 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10411
Vanire smiles. "Brilliant!" he says. "If we can get a message to the Chapterhouse at Cimmura, we can hammer them from the rear with a full division of Church Knights. Trapped between the incoming Knights and the fortified city, Martel's mercenaries won't stand a chance. The Seeker's army might be more of a problem - not on account of numbers, but rather on account of the fact that the Seeker itself might be able to pull off a few nasty tricks. I'd been thinking of looking for volunteers to try to sneak their way through the invaders, but a message that can't be stopped could change this entire situation. It'll take a day or two for them to get here, but then all we have to do is hold out for that day or two."

"As for the sieging armies - they're not that big, as armies go, but the city is practically undefended. We've got little more than a handful of Knights, the walls of the Inner City, and the walls of the Outer City to rely on. Chyrellos is emphatically not a city made for war. We can hold them off for a while; without reinforcement, we'd be facing probable defeat, but I'm pretty sure we can hold out for long enough for the Knights to break the siege."

"And if we can prove that Martel is here under Raven's orders, or as part of a collaboration with Raven, then yes, we could certainly use that against him. Frankly, anything that Raven can't push aside by claiming that he had no idea that Martel would do *this* could work."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:50 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8170
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"A fast bike with a side car could make better time out of the forest than our trucks normally could, so getting Sir Bevier back to Pandion HQ should be a relatively simple affair."

Felix thinks for a moment.

"While we're waiting, do the city walls have walkable sections? We could use binoculars to track Martel's movement. Maybe try and figure out what he's saying or if he's communicating with anyone in the city."

Getting started, Felix pulls up the radio and makes a call back to the ship to try and get a hold of Sir Bevier.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: