Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8117
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix holds up his hands in a mollifying gesture at Alstrom's glare.

"I'll go prep the trucks so we can get underway when you two are finished with your prayers."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10338
The Baron shakes his head. "You're not familiar with Lamorkand, are you?" he asks. "We're a proud, prickly people. We carry grudges and our internal alliances and feuds are both deep and complex. After this - if any of my men put so much as a toe in Groan's lands, I can think of at least three other minor nobles in the area who would take immediate exception." The baron shakes his head. "I'll do what I can for the boy, and for those families who look to him for protection."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:42 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8117
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix and Theresa attend to the trucks and make sure everything is ready to go. They'll make sure the road is clear of bodies and debris so everything is clear for when the party leaves.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14440
Location: Yes.
Arkady nods. "Thank you. Now if you will please excuse me." He then goes off to pray.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4086
Location: Currently on expedition.
Nate comes down from where he's been sniping. He's been busy collecting his empty brass. He doesn't say anything as he loads his rifle and gear into the back of a truck and gets ready to leave.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2786
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger makes packs up his gear. He's ready to leave whenever.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10338
In fairly short order the group leaves, the party having been expanded by one Patriarch Ortzel. Once again, you run into evidence that the Seeker is still about, in the shape of peasants who have been bitten; fortunately, only in small groups, which barely slow you down (though the one who drops out of a tree with a knife gives Ortzel a very bad fright - fortunately, Sir Ulath was in the same truck at the time).

It's as you're passing the capital of Cimmura that something else happens. It starts out innocently enough - you see a black-armoured knight (perhaps a Pandion?) seated on an extremely thin horse, in the middle of the road. He gives the impression that he is waiting for you.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8117
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix levels the turret at the knight.

"Who goes there? Identify yourself!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:51 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14440
Location: Yes.
Arkady keeps a look out, his friend the sergeant nearby (and his bible on his person). He's starting to wonder if getting Ortzel to town is actually going to be good enough...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10338
The Knight raises his visor without saying a word, and Arkady, Nathan and Felix all recognise him. You last saw him collapsing to the ground as a smoke demon was expelled from his lungs via his ear, and you know for a fact that he was dead at the time.

He looks calm and serene.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8117
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Piper, what are we looking at? Some kind of revenant?"

Felix steps off the turret and leaps over the side of the truck onto the ground. He gestures at Theresa, who grabs two baseball bats from the truck and exits the vehicle. Passing one bat to Felix, the two cautiously approach the knight.

"Sir Parasim. Last I saw you weren't looking so good. How are you feeling? What brings you here?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10338
"Ghost," says Piper. "Not bound. Very rare. Put those weapons away, you couldn't do anything with them."

"Ghost?" asks Ortzel, scrambling hurriedly from his seat. But he relaxes as soon as he sees the shade. "Oh, a Pandion. That's alright, then."

Felix' approach is marked by the discovery that ghosts apparently stink; there's a reek of rot about Sir Parasim, a stench of death. This isn't a ghost that can slink about long undiscovered.

"You who stand free of Destiny," intones the ghost of Sir Parasim, "there is that which you must know. More hinges on your quest than you can imagine."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8117
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'm not going to like what you have to say, am I? Things already seem dire enough." Felix sighs, handing his bat to Theresa and telling her to go back to the truck. "Please, enlighten us."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2786
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Curiosity getting the better of him Roger approaches and stands next to Felix. Roger eyes the spirit from head to toe.

For the time being, he breathes through his mouth.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14440
Location: Yes.
I'm guessing the only way Arkady can hear this is to get out of the truck and walk around the one in front; so he sets the brake, slings the sergeant, and walks around to the ghost.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: