Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady glances at the others, then nods. "Thank you, Ivan." Taking in the two, he continues: "The man in armor is almost certainly a mercenary named Martel. He is known to consort with demons. The other is seeming to be a mage of great power, probably the one who summons the demons. We think he has other friends as well. He is also dealing with dark gods, it seems."

After a second, he shrugs. "My lord, with the shrine cleansed, you can bring your staff back. The power that infested them is gone. As for what is left of your sister...if you wish, we can deal with her for you."

Curious, Arkady examines the count and Ivan for supernatural influences.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:10 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix picks Piper up and gently places her in one of the guest beds.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:58 am 
Arkady covertly inspects Ivan and the Count:

Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: -1 Total: +3

Arkady's brief look at Ivan meets some kind of barrier; somehow, the hunchback seems to be able to shrug off - at the very least - minor psychic influences. It's possible that this kept him safe from the Countess' influence, but it's also keeping him safe from Arkady's influence; Arkady can't see beyond the barrier (or, at least, not without making a deliberate attempt to breach it).

Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: +1 Total: +5

In comparison with his servant, the Count is an open book. In more ways than one; the sense that Arkady gets from him is that of a library, a vast and cavernous space full of books. Neither the titles nor the contents of the books are legible to Arkady; but the overall sense of the Count's mind is of a quiet, comfortable place to read, currently disturbed by unwelcome news. Arkady can feel none of the darkness which permeates his sister.

"What exactly do you mean by that phrase?" asks the Count. "No, no... it barely matters. My sister is my problem, I must deal with her myself. I cannot let her out, but - no matter how heinous her crimes, the one mercy I can give her is time to find herself, time to repent. I should not leave this burden to others to 'deal with'. At the same time, I cannot give her any chance to repeat her crimes. She must remain locked away."

--------------

A pair of arms grips Felix' neck in a sleepy little hug. Felix probably can't extricate himself without waking her up (he can try if he wants), though he can certainly walk around freely enough if he's willing to carry Piper with him.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:46 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady: "God willing, she will take that chance. I can understand her fear of being alone. But what she did about it..." He shakes his head. "Thank you for your help, my lord. He turns to look at the others. "Any other concerns I am forgetting?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix gives in and opts to carry Piper. He idly wonders if he can find the rest of the group from where he is. He peeks outside the guest bedrooms to see if he can guess where they might be.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 am 
"What if Browncloak or Martel find the Countess again?" asks Sir Ulath.

--------------

Felix peers out into the corridor. It's made of stone, and there's no telling which direction the others are in. There's a corner nearby, so he walks towards it, intending to just glance around it - and abruptly almost walks into Sir Ulath.

If he glances behind him, he'll notice that the corridor back there is not the one that leads to the guest rooms.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix takes it in stride. He remains silent and listens in on the conversation.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:23 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "A good question, my lord. Your guards may stop Martel easily enough, but even though Ivan seems to be remarkably resistant to supernatural attacks it will be hard to keep a master wizard from her."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 am 
"If he could get to her," mumbles Piper, apparently in her sleep, "a 'master wizard' could restore her powers in about fifteen minutes." She shifts her weight slightly in Felix' arms. "Half an hour if he's completely unprepared."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head slightly with a wry grin on his face. "I think you will find that she knows what she is talking about, my lord. She is the one who told us how to cleanse the shrine."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:57 am 
The Count's mouth opens and closes several times, giving an excellent impression of a fish caught out of water. "Ivan? Resistant to - and the child?"

He takes a deep breath, pulling himself together. "What 'powers' are you talking about?"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:33 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks at him. "Were your servants accepting of torture and murder before your sister made her pact with darkness? Did bards go riding the country trying to find people to set her free, like the one who found us? The succubus can infest people with her power and be making them do what she wants. And it isn't normally trapped in your sister's body; we were attacked by it down in the wine cellar when we first entered. So locking her away won't keep your people safe from her if that wizard can get to her again."

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:31 am 
"Good heavens. I knew she had some sort of hold on the servants but -"

The Count stares into space for several minutes before continuing. "This - this is a lot to take in all at once, and the, um, strangely knowledgeable child appears to be... mostly asleep. Would it be safe to get a good night's sleep and then approach the problem with clearer heads, in the morning?"

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'll not object to that," Felix says. "We're all a bit tired I imagine."

Aside to Arkady, he says, "We need to do a funeral for all the victims. We should handle that tomorrow as well. Think you can say something? Give a eulogy?"

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "I don't think the man in the brown robe will come here tonight. Whatever seems wise, my lord."

After he listens to Felix he looks thoughtful. "I can say a mass for their souls, but a funeral? They were not already buried?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG