Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 am 
"No corn or milk? No problem!" Peter looks over the oxen again, and nods. "I think I could get them moving, but it'd take a few minutes to bake the cakes, and I'd need a bit of rope, or maybe some string, string will probably work, oh and a long stick, maybe two long sticks would be better 'cos there's two oxen, and some more string, I have a sword to cut it with, and I'm not even sure it'll work, and I really want to get going quickly, 'cos I really really want to see food just growing out of the ground, 'cos if there's really a place like that then I'll have enough stuff to bake a million cakes, and everybody loves cake so we need to get started as quickly as possible, so Cafka, do you need anything to herd with, maybe you can be ready faster than I can?"

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:09 pm 
Cafka growls, then turns around quickly, getting a little bit annoyed at the constant interruption. "Cafka NEED permission, and NEED you to get into the wagon!" She crosses her arms for a moment, then lets out a sigh, before realizing that she's stopped begging. She scoots even closer to Adrian, parting her hair to give the biggest, saddest eyes she possibly can to the merchant. "Pleaaaaase Adrian? I promise not to cause ec...ex...lots of property damage."

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:53 am 
"Okie-doki!"

Peter hops into the wagon, as requested, and waits for the oxen to start moving.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"Excessive property damage?" Chip shakes his head. "Cafka, we don't all need to be in the wagon. The oxen already know how to work together, and they do not walk all that quickly. Besides, if we are attacked we don't want everyone up there when it happens."

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:33 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We're not herding the Oxen, Cafka," Adrian says. "We're driving them. It's rather different and not as exciting because we just need them to walk where we're going." Adrian tousles Cafka's hair. "We don't want to scare the poor animals. You should take some time to learn the differences first before you take a try at it, but I promise you I'll let you try sometime before the trip is over if you be a good Cafka, alright?"

Looking around at Chip, Adrian says "Alright, that's fine. Let's take the necessary arrangements and then be on our way."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:36 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Chip nods. "Right. Anyone want to help?" With whomever should choose, if anyone, he spends a few minutes tending to the oxen.

If he doesn't discover anything odd (like one of them is bleeding), and nothing goes particularly wrong, then ten minutes later: "All right, they're ready. Shall we go?"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:25 pm 
"Yes! Let's go let's go let's go! I want to see the place where food grows out of the ground!" says Peter, who is still in the cart.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
With nary a protest, the oxen begin to get a move on, dragging the heavy cart behind them. Though sluggish, their movements are steady, and they pass through the town of hope shortly after they begin. From there, a broken but mostly-intact street serves as a simple enough path. The occasional ruined house or fueling station, picked clean by scavengers, serve as trail markers - but other than that, it's just the oxen, the cart, and the open road.

This state of affairs lasts for perhaps two hours until the broken road splits off, one route heading southeast, one east. A quick glance at a map will confirm that the lower route is a far more direct path, going straight towards Horseshoe Meadow, through the heart of the Emirate. The northern one, on the other hand, skirts more around the edges, and necessitates a trip to the south once the Cart reaches the Villa Lau, adding at least a couple days to the trip.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 pm 
"Which way's shorter?" asks Peter. "I want to get to the place where the food grows out of the ground! The shorter way will be quicker, so let's go the shorter way! Are you sure we can't make the oxen go faster? They're way too slow! It's going to take us forever to get there!"

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"You sure you got the temperament for trading?" Adrian asks, addressing Peter. "Pulling a wagon is a slow job. We gotta make sure the cargo gets where it needs to go, and intact at that."

Adrian thinks for a moment. "Southeast trail is shorter and it takes us through Horseshoe Meadow. Nice place. I always try to stop by there when I can. Got a bar there where some of the prettiest girls you ever laid eyes on serve some of the worst tasting beer you'll ever have the joyous misfortune of passing down your trap." Adrian stretches out, his legs starting to cramp from time spent riding shotgun. "Gonna have to get out and walk a few here in a bit, give someone else a chance to rest their legs... Anyway, that trail takes us through Emirate territory. One of the tribes there likes to demand tribute of passersby on occasion, so if we go that way we may end up in a bit of a scuffle. It's the route we're supposed to take, though, so unless everyone objects I reckon we should take the short path through Horseshoe Meadow."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 pm 
"I wouldn't know, I've never been trading before." says Peter.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:52 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Acting on a hunch, Chip goes through the food bag. "I thought this looked a little light." He closes it and turns to the others: "We don't really have enough food for the trip across the Emirate. If nothing goes wrong, I figure we might miss a meal or two; but I hate to depend on nothing going wrong when I don't have to. I think we should take the two days extra so we can go through Villa Lau and get some fresh supplies, maybe do a little side trading of our own."

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:44 am 
"Does food grow out of the ground in Villa Lau?" asks Peter.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Chip smiles a bit. "Yes, the farms of Villa Lau grow a lot of food."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:54 am 
"Oooooh! Let's go there then! I want to see food that grows out of the ground!" says Peter, enthusiastically. "Does food grow out of the ground in lots of places?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG