Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:26 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Krail9
Chapter 5. Shining Silver and Tarnished Gold

Day 4, Sunrise, May 7th
Weather: Clear
Chp. 5~ Shining Silver and Tarnished Gold

Silver Blade of Evil's Bane

(OOC: Okay everyone, I'll just post the different pages of this thread, and we'll start from there.)

There is an odd feeling of wetness. The air itself is very cold, but they aren't entirely frozen. As everyone opens their eyes they see blue. A dark blue that fades to a lighter tone in one direction. Further looking shows leaves circling their vision. They're in the forest, staring up at the sky. The rising sun shines down through the leaves, piercing the morning cold and warming up their skin. The air has that washed, clean quality it sometimes has after a rainstorm.

"Ye have awakened," a familiar voice speaks out to them. Nova, Kiri, Roma, and perhaps a few others recognize it right away. The Deku Tree, they are back at the Kokiri woods, in the Great Deku Tree's clearing. Getting up and looking around, they see... everyone is there.
Nova is lying on the ground very near the Deku tree, Kiri, Jokarne, Lilka, and Roma spread out behind her. Near the entrance to the clearing lies Gotetsu, Brittok, Turafa, Tiran, and Kito spread out behind him.

And near the middle of the clearing are Zarala, Dyrun, Eto, Kael, and Leafsbane. Tanari, the Kokiri "chieftan" is sitting next to Dyrun, examining him as if to tend to wounds. Not everyone is awake. Dyrun, Lilka, and Kito still sleep. Sophy seems a bit drowsy. She looks up at those around her who are waking and smiles, "Good morning."

"It is good to see that you are alright, I had feared the worst." the Deku tree says. Indeed, everyone does seem alright. Wounds are healed and they feel as if they'd just had a good night's rest, though they still feel naturally wearied from having travelled all over Hyrule for three days. Nova in particular feels energized, fresh, new... It's almost as if she's been granted a new body that's in tip top order. The rose vines of her tatto seem withered, though.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:52 am

Scygnus Darkhawk

Location: here, but... Theyre coming to take me away haha, theyre coming to take me away hee hee ho ho

Kiri sits up with a start, looking around anxiously until the Great Deku Tree speaks. Then he relaxes, "Well, we aren't dead... we aren't dead..."

"Thank you, master of the obvious." Kyoro comments sleepily from her nest on his head.

"Well, if we aren't dead... then what the hell happened?"

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:14 am

HimizujinEternia

Location: Falling in love with the greatest anime of all time... all over again

Gotetsu sits up, uncurling from a goron resting ball. Taking a look around, he smiles. "Good... everyone's okay..."

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:08 am

Ssj Bunbun

Nova sits up with a start, half-crying, half screaming, "Everyone get down!!! It's coming back at... me?" Nova blinks a few times and looks around, "Uhh... wasn't I... Marla she... mother..." Nova shakes her head and begins to inspect her body for any signs of the damage done to her, her contorted confused face becomes confusseled even more when she sees that she's in better shape than she's ever been. "Oookay..."

She looks at the withered vines and flowers on her arm and inspects them for color, seeing if they are still grey or back to normal. She then spots Sophy who seems to be in a bit of a daze and picks her up, "Hey! Sleepy time is over firebug..."

A large bubble expands and shrinks out of Sophy's nose. "Gross..." Nova pokes her.

"Mmmm... Big Brother... I dun wanna go to school today... the other fairies call me runt... pork chops..."

Nova sweatdrops and places her friend on her shoulder where she can wake up normally. (OOC - That way Krail you can either wake her up and bring in her brother at another time, or answer her question in the dream and then I'll wake her up. Your call.)

Nova sighs and looks around at everyone, "Not everybody is awake yet... let them rest." Nova walks over to Gotetsu, and kneels down, hugging him tightly and giving him a kiss on the cheek, "You've really become brave Gotetsu... I'm glad you were there." She leans on him while waiting for the others to wake... almost ignoring the Deku Tree completly for the moment.

Sophy mutters in her sleep, "...There's a bug crying in the corner... Hoka Hoka Gohan Nyo..."

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:55 pm

FearTheMullet
Seat Sprinkler of DOOM

Jokarne sits up, rubbing the back of her neck. She stares at the ground for a minute, seemingly lost in her thoughts. When she finally does look up, she is relieved to see everyone lying around her.

"I'm not sure what happened, Kiri. All I know is that it was BIG. The world, as we know it, has just changed substantially." She gets up and walks over to where Nova and Gotetsu are. She nods at what Nova says, and pats Gotetsu on the shoulder. "She's right... when I first met you, I wasn't so sure of your abilities, but, you've proved me wrong."

She then turns her focus to Nova and lowers her voice. "But... are you okay?"

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:30 pm

Dr_Quackzalver

Turafa gets up. Seeing that his companions are okay, he echoes Kiri: "Yes, what has happened? And I mean not only to us, but to the triad and the Witches and...," he trails of as he thinks on what this may mean.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:56 pm

SSJJared

Location: Ah ha! you cant see me behind this wall.....errrr...AHHHHH!

Leafsbane wakes up with a shrieking sound as he bolts to a standing position. "What-what happen? There was battle then....called herself Oracle? Was it dream?"

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:01 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova smiles at Jokarne, "Physically? I feel better than I have in ages, and I don't quite know why... I should feel like crap, firing my Rose Storm twice in a row and getting it blown back at me... I should be dead." She looks at Jokarne, "Besides that... I could use about a 5 year vacation, how bout you?"

She then turns somber and walks over to the Great Deku Tree, "As for you... I think it's high time you answered some questions. We can start with the little ones like, 'How the hell are we alive?' and then work our way up to the bigger game like, 'Tell me everything you know about Marla, Shia, the Triad, what happened to it, and what in the name of the Three Goddesses is going on with me... I feel... strange." Her voice turns darker, "Then we can get to the question behind the reason I'm being quite short with you know Great Deku Tree... You will tell me everything you know about my Mother... my familly... and what happened fourteen years ago that killed my Mother and made her leave me at your roots. I saw it happen in a vision from the Great Fairy... I want an explanation on what happened... and why the HELL hadn't you told me!?"

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:36 pm

ScandiaMaxie

Brittok, in his dream, has successfully found a "friend", thus leading him to wake up with such a start....He takes time to orient himself, and becomes a bit relieved to see that everyone is all right. He listens to Nova's barrage of questions to the big tree. This also movitates Tiran to wake up from his dream. Tiran says:What happened? How did all of us get here? Brittok looks at him and replies:That is what Lady Nova is doing..shes asking the wise old tree right now, in fact... Tiran then awaits for the response from the big tree.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:59 pm

Blue Dragon

Zarala opens her eyes, blinking slowly in the cool blue light. She stretches, and smiles sleepilly at her friends all around her. Noticing Nova standing, very much alive (and in fact arguing with the Deku tree, it would appear) she grins happilly. Everyone is fine.

Talking to the group in general; "Did anyone else had a wierd dream? Last time we all dreamt together it was pretty important stuff... I think someone was telling me that if the Triforce has been taken, we might still be able to reclaim it. Seems odd, huh? Ah well..."

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:02 pm

SSJJared

Leafsbane is shaken from his daze by the sight of the massive tree. "Amazing....great old one...."

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:35 pm

HimizujinEternia

Gotetsu blinks then grins at Nova and Jokarne. "Thanks! However, it's too soon to congradulate me on just that; I haven't done anything important yet, really. Just wait, soon I'll be stronger and braver than the Goron Hero Daimuchi!"

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:53 pm

ZetaStriker

Location: "Thank you Mr. President, but our weapons of mass destruction are in another castle!"

"The eye... there was a hero, a supporter, and the great eye, looking up from the darkness..." No one noticed Kael get up, he seemed to have been awake the whole time. He seems to be grasping to see anyone saw something similar at the moment, trying to piece together whatever it was he saw.

Before anyone can answer him, however, Eto awakes in a not so subtle matter. Flinging himself into an upright position, he seems certain that something terrible has happened. Although the fact that everyone around him is still alive does comfort him some, he's still very worried about what may have happened to those that stayed elsewhere... "It happened... I think it happened." He speaks loudly, attracting attention to himself. Everyone needed to hear this. "When we last had a vision like this... I.. I saw the Shekah fall and Impa herself die at the hands of the Horde. And this time... I think it happened. I think Darkrova's finally launched an all out attack with the Horde, and our side is losing..."

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:53 pm

ScandiaMaxie

Brittok looks over to Eto, and says:Eto! It is a dream... a way of something that could happen. We can stop this from being happening....Dont give into the dream. You need to fight harder to prevent it from happening. Thats the best you can do..

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:56 am

Krail

OOC: That's sixteen years ago, Nova.

"In its last moments," Roma says, "Those words... It told Darkrova... that with her unbalanced and impure heart, she could not control the power of the gods. It split. I think... That was the Triad itself talking..." She gets up and slowly walks towards Nova.

The Deku Tree's voice booms through the clearing, "I felt it as the gate was opened, the rift 'tixt the realms was made. And I fel the power of the Sacred Realm shake. It must have been the power of the Triad, as it split, the wall between realms weakened, and all foreign beings were ejected from the Sacred Realm, perhaps by their own will, or by some other being's. The resonnance of the Triad of Courage was most easily noted. . . It led me to you, and as you were ejected, I brought you here. I know not if Darkrova's forces had such luck. They may have been scattered over Hyrule, or may have returned somewhere in a group. But of one thing I am sure, the Triad has split. I can sense its power now, spread in different locations through the land."

He stops a moment to address Nova's harsh questioning. "I know not of what you speak, child. I have told thee all that I know. Thy mother was chased through these woods by monsters and soldiers as Arbin village was attacked. I confused her pursuers' tracks and lead her here. I apologize, child, but the village at the forest's edge is beyond these woods, beyond my guardianship. I know not of details precluding this chase. Of Marla and Shia I know what informants and spies on the side of Hyrule had deduced, and the King and the Shiekah had told me, whether directly or within my hearing. On occaision small details may have been said aloud by the monsters or Darkrova herself as they traveled that I would hear. And I know the rumors of Darkrova's activity that were communicated to my by Shia's visits to the castle in recent months.

"Lastly, something I believe I have sensed, something I fear. When she of unbalanced heart touched the Triad, it separated, and each of the three pieces seems to have found its way to a new owner. I fear that she who sought power, Marla, has attained the Triad that embodies power. With her knowledge of magic, and the embodiment of power in her hands, she could wreak devastation upon this world, and no army would have the resources to stop her. No normal warrior with normal weapons may hope to defeat such an evil force. One needs a greater force to combat this evil.

"NOVA. These sixteen years ago, shortly after you were delivered unto me, after the war's end, the powers of this world sought to hide the various objects of sacred power so that evil could not get its hands on them. The legendary blade of evil's bane, the Ascendant Sword, was one such item. It was decreed that the three pendants would show who is worthy of the sword, and the guardian was to let them through, so that the sword may choose them. I know. . . I have seen the way these pendants have reacted to thee, Nova. And truly, I know..."

Roma, already standing next to Nova, practically whispers in awe, "Your hand." Nova feels a tingling in her hand. Everyone can see now, a golden light shining from it. Nova, up close, sees the emblem of the Triad on the back of her left hand, the top right triangle glowing brilliantly.

"I see before me, that thou hast been chosen by the Triad that embodies Courage." A long pause. "Therefore, though thou hast not the three pendants. . . I, the designated guardian of the Ascendant's sword, grant you passage to where the blade lays." The area just under the large, mustache-like protrusion on the Deku tree shudders, then slowly lowers down to ground level, revealing a great, mouth-like doorway inside the Deku Tree.

Post subject:
osted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:05 am

HimizujinEternia

Gotetsu stares in awe at Nova's hand upon hearing such a thing. "Triad of Courage... Ascendant's Sword..."

Looking up at the tree, Gotetsu says, "So, the hero has her gem and will get her sword, eh? But heros need other things as well, right?"

He looks at the others, awake and sleeping. "What are we if she's a hero? If she is the sword, are we the shield? Is it our mission to protect her?"

Picking up his axe, he grins widely. "Well, Nova, if you need someone to rely on and put your trust in, I'm more than willing. Besides, I've decided to surpass the Goron hero Daimuchi, now. Your path will be my path regardless."

Thinking to himself, he grins. Isn't that right, brother... the Path to defend Hyrule... the path of the hero... The path you walked on, and the one I'll have to walk on to surpass you...

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:56 am

Scygnus Darkhawk

Location: here, but... Theyre coming to take me away haha, theyre coming to take me away hee hee ho ho

"A shild is an encumbrance for some, and Nova doesn't use one, but we can certainly be her friends." Kiri says, echoing Gotetsu's philisophical tone... but then he ruins it, "But... I do believe that I said it once, and now I'll say it again: we are in waaaay the hell over our heads."

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:16 am

ScandiaMaxie

Brittok stares a bit when he finds out that Nova has the triangle of courage in her, and has a new sword to her. He begins to wonder if there is a such weapon for each of them? He knows that his first dream showed him that his current weapons wasnt good enough to fight that beast....Tiran watches in silence.....

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:27 am

ZetaStriker

Location: "Thank you Mr. President, but our weapons of mass destruction are in another castle!"

Eto nods at Brittoks advice, but keeps his somber tone. "I hope you're right..." Glancing to the Deku Tree in search of further answers, he asks, "Do you know what's happened beyond the forest? If not... do you at least know how long it's been since the Triad split?"

Kael moves over and rests a hand on his brother's shoulder, awaiting the Deku Tree's answer. When those behind him mention weakness, however, he finds himself drawn to reply. "We may have more power than you believe. We've collected various magical objects in our travels, including the Triforce of Courage. I'm guessing our next goal will be to gain the Ascendants Sword..." He pauses for a moment, debating whether or not to share something. Eventually deciding that he'd follow through on his promise to carry out his mission in his own way, he continues, "...and we already have the Asura, although that will be used only as a last resort."

Remembering something from a dream previously granted to him, Eto adds, "And, well, if our dreams are becoming real..." He pauses for the moment, not liking his train of thought but feeling a need to report this information to the others. "...Zarala might obtain the Goddess' Bow."

Kael nods. "There is also something I was told by the Great Fairy, something I'd decided not to mention at the time. She said that new sages are awakening, and implied that some may already lie among us."

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:52 am

Blue Dragon

Zarala starts at Eto's words, then turns to the Deke tree. "Actually, that was something I meant to ask you about last time I was here." She unhooks the stringless bow from her belt and holds it up. "At the Fairy Fountain I dreamt of a beautiful bow. When I woke up I was holding this. This same bow was in my dreams just now as well. What does it mean?"

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:08 pm

Dr_Quackzalver

Turafa stays a bit in the background, waiting for some of the questions to be answered before asking his own.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:36 pm

Krail

OOC: >_< The bow Zarala woke up with has a string! As far as any of you can tell, aside from its bizarre origins, it is a perfectly normal, stringed, bow.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:05 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova just... stares at the back of her left hand for the longest time. Standing perfectly still, not shaking, not sweating, hardly even breathing. "So that's why... I feel like this. I feel like I could fire my Rose Storm a thousand times over... like I could take on Marla and her entire army all alone..."

She then turns and looks at the group of allies around her, "But I'm not alone. Ever since I started this journey... I havent been alone once. Sages eh? I wouldn't be surprised if just about every one of you turned out to be them... Gotetsu, Zarala... You've both been with me since we started this journey. Roma... you've become a sister to me, always guiding me and showing me the proper path to take. Kiri... Jokarne... you both have appeared in my dreams with vital rolls to play with me. Tiran, Brittock, Turafa, Eto, Kael... even little Leafsbane... I don't know you all very well yet... even with all we've been through, we havent even spent a week of time together. I hope we get a chance... soon, to sit down and get to know one and other. Untill then... I just feel safe knowing you are all behind me, all around me, and will fight with me."

Nova looks at the back of her left hand and at the withered vines on her right arm, "A curse... and a gift from the gods... I will learn to use them both together." She looks up at the Great Deku Tree, "I've seen the blade you've just spoken of before... in my dreams, multiple times. It always cuts through the dark flames in my mind... It's all adding up now. I haven't been the one dreaming... I think it's been the Goddesses dreaming and myself seeing those dreams... I know what they want me to do. And I will... because I decided back in the sacred realm... that I am a Defender."

Sophy, who woke when the Triad first pulsed, sits on Nova's shoulder in awe watching her quickly maturing friend. Nova gives a longing look to all the others, "I can't tell you to come with me... but it's more likley that I won't be able to keep you all away. With Marla in possession of the Triad of Power... she'll be even stronger than she was before. But her power won't be complete untill she comes after me... and whoever got the Triad of Wisdom. I've seen that lust in her eyes... she wont be satisfied with just the Triad of Power... she'll want the whole thing. The two of us are destined to cross paths again, and when she comes, I will have this blade and I will be ready for her."

Nova looks up at the Deku Tree, "I'm sure this won't be a stroll in the park... just walk in and get the blade off the rack. But now more than ever... I'm ready for the trials that await me." Nova takes out one of her Katana and slashes a shallow cut on the palm of her left hand, she then jams her sword into the ground and puts the bloody hand on the top of the handle of the blade. "I swear this... on the blood that flows from my veins... I won't die nor will I ever stop this fight untill Marla lies dead at my feet. I will fight with every once of power I have untill there is no longer a threat to this world." Nova steps a little back but keeps her hand on the blade to make room, grinning she asks, "So who's with me?" Sophy leaps up off her shoulder, "DAMN SKIPPY GIRL!!" She takes her little thorn dagger and makes a cut in her own palm, slapping it down over the triad on Nova's hand. "I'm with ya untill the end Nova!"

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:20 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"I'll refrain from the bloodletting, thank you, but you can count on me for the entirety of my considerable lifespan."

"Translation: he's a wuss, but he's with ya." Kyoro says, recieving a twitchy-eyed Glare of Doom.

"Not like we have anything better to do." Kiri finishes.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:05 pm

Blue Dragon

OOC: Oops. I've been ignoring that for quite a long time...

Zarala notices the string on her bow for the first time (heh) and plucks at it gingerly. She turns to Jokarne "Can I borrow an arrow? I just want to see what I can do with this wierd dream-bow thing."

Then, watching Nova, she says "Damn right girl, you can tell us not to follow you but we're all going to anyway! The wielder of this Ascendant's Sword may be the one to destroy Marla, but there may well be hoards of monsters to get through first. I'm sure you'd be glad of our help!"

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:20 pm

ZetaStriker

Kael smiles. "I knew there was something special about you from the moment the pendant reacted to you back in the desert. I've had high expectations for you since that time, and you've lived up to every one of them." Kael crosses his left arm over his chest and bows slightly. "I'll follow you, in order to see that we all see this through to the end."

Eto repeats Kael's gesture, crossing his arm across his chest and bowing to Nova. "I'll follow as well... I can't just walk away now, not after everything I've seen. I'm not going to risk losing everything because I chose not to fight." He smirks, and looks back up to the Hylian girl. Apparently her speech has gotten his mind off of what might have occured outside the forest. "Besides, it isn't as if I've got anything better to do."

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:30 pm

SSJJared

Leafsbane shook his head. "Have no home. Was thrown out for being nuiscence, and somewhat destructive, because of magic. Came along with group....because it seemed fun. Now, not so much, but definatly still interesting. Besides, woman in dream said that group needed me, though dont know for what." He bows, and a flower grows, of brilliant yellow, in front of him. "I make this sign of promise. Though you may not need, i will follow, and hope to somehow help, even in smallest of ways." He takes the flower and sticks it on his head, between the leaves.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:47 pm

Dr_Quackzalver

"There is something else we likely must face too. A beast, black as death, with a red pinrpick for eye. I've seen it in my dreams, and I think it has something to do with me, and my... condition. I will help you Nova, not only because I think it will help me, but because you and Roma has helped me. Though," he looks at the Deku Tree, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about all this?"

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:11 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova smiles at Turafa, "Heh. You know, I've heard a few people say they saw the Shadow Beast in thier dreams Turafa. And you know what? I saw it mine too... and I also saw it die at my feet. I don't know if I fought it or if one of the other people I saw in my dreams killed it... but I do know for sure I have something to do with it's death. Stick with me Turafa, and if it comes to life I'll see that it goes straight back to hell."

Sophy smiles at Nova, "It's a funny thing Nova..."

"What's that Soph?" Nova puts her blade away and wraps a large leaf about her hand.

"You used to run from your nightmares and your dreams... you used to dread sleeping at night for all the things you'd see. Now you're guided by them."

Nova smiles, "I'm done running. This proves that more than anything else..." She holds up her left hand. Nova turns and leads the party into the Deku Tree's mouth, keeping a sharp eye out for traps and taking a good look inside of him. One Nova goes in a bit of the ways, she stops for a moment and grins at those around her, "Heh... that's a first. She blocked me out of her mind..."

Outside, once everyone has gone inside, Sophy comes back out and flutters up to the Great Deku Tree's nose. "I'm really sorry but... I have to ask this... now more than ever Great Deku Tree." She looks up at the wise tree's face, "Why me? Why did you pick me to be her Fairy? If you knew she was possibly destined for such great things... why did you pick someone like me? I lost... a Kokiri before... Maiku... he became a skull kid in the lost forest... if it wern't for my Brother Magi I'd still be lost in there too. Why didn't you assign Magi to her? He's the most powerful and popular fairy in these woods... Why did you give a failed Fairy like me to someone so important?!" She's pleading with the Tree now, little fairy tears streaming down her face...

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:10 pm

Dr_Quackzalver

"I truly hope you are right, Nova. If I only could remeber..."

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:41 pm

SSJJared

As they walk along, Nova might notice a presence near her. Leafbane is hopping nearby, staring at the triad symbol on her hand. If she looks down, he speaks up. "What that, anyways?"

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:47 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova smiles, "Im not to sure myself. It seems a peice of the Triad... that big thing we saw in the Sacred Realm, has become part of my body. It seems this symbol is showing that connection." She points to the symbol glowing, "This is the Triad of courage. Someone else got Wisdom, and Marla got the power. By the way... when did you start traveling with us? You came back with the group that went into the lost woods right?"

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:52 pm

SSJJared

Leafsbane seems to be concentrating, and his speech comes slower, but somewhat clearer. He is clearly trying to speak more coherently for the moment. "There....was a monster, caused much trouble. I was just wandering, left home. Thought i was stuck there. Then they came by. Seemed like fun to follow them......But now, something more. This dream i had....that woman...called herself the Oracle? Said that i need to come with, that the group NEEDS me somehow. Said i learn well, have much wisdom or something. She said, magic i have is proof, because i learned this on my own."

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:56 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova smiles, "Than you and I have something in common. All of my magic is self taught as well... never really had a lesson in my life although I should really go take a few from the Great Fairies if I'm to stop Marla..." Nova nods, "The Oracle is very wise... she put me on this path too. And from what I've seen you've got some powerful magic. I don't think I've even seen a Deku Scrub away from thier packs. So what else can you do besides making water?"

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:47 pm

Krail

Upon seeing the bow, and hearing Zarala recount how she obtained it, the Deku Tree is most intrigued. "Thou sayest. . . thou received it from a dream? That is indeed most perplexing. I shall have the fairies inquire about it."

After everyone enters, Sophy comes out to have a word with the Deku Tree. Oddly enough, as he speaks out here, those inside do not hear him. (OOC: BAH >_< My creative juices just aren't flowing... Gimme some time of this one...)

Everyone steps inside the great deku tree's gaping maw. Air is flowing into this great, gaping place as if the tree were inhaling. It is very dark, but their eyes soon adjust, and everyone sees a humongous main room that looks to stretch the entire height of the tree. A ramp leads up along either side of the room, each stopping at the same height, and leading to a door in the wall at the end. There are many more platforms higher up, along with various mosses and vines growing out of the walls.

"I'd heard a few stories, but who'd have though the great Deku Tree was actually so... carved out?"

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:03 am

FearTheMullet
Seat Sprinkler of DOOM

Jokarne smirks a tiny bit as she looks up above her head. "Heh... if you'd've showed me this sight two days ago, I would've been bewildered. But after what we all just did... this is nothing at all."

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:25 am

ScandiaMaxie

Brittok and Tiran stare upwards in amusement, and they nod in agreement with Jokarne's comments.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:36 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Heh." Kiri just comments, starting up one ramp cautiously.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:55 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova looks about, waiting for Sophy to come back. "Hmm... I'm inside the only Father figure I've ever known... and he's hollow. This is an odd feeling but... just don't start laughing if this tickles." She leaps on one of the ramps and begins to follow it up to the door.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:26 am

Dr_Quackzalver

Turafa wrote:
Though," he looks at the Deku Tree, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about all this?"

And thus, he's still waiting for a reply, though it likely will be negative. Upon entering the Tree, he will wonder what magic is present there and thus will attempt to examine it.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:20 pm

SSJJared

Leafsbane's conversation with Nova trails off as he takes in the inside of the tree. "Incredible plant.......did not know such a great old one existed...."

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:57 pm

Krail

OOC: Right then, rewinding a bit. . .

"It has been the course of a single night since you entered the sacred realm. I do not know at what time the Triad split, but ye hath been here in my woods for nigh an hour. As far as I can tell Darkrova has not begun attacking any towns."

(Actually, I think they asked him the last time they saw him, and he said more or less just this.) And finally (?), to Turafa's question, "I am afraid I know of no such monster, though it may describe many an evil of legend."

(Back to now, outside the Deku Tree)

"Sophia, thou doth doubt thy own ability? Thy own love and devotion for thy chosen child? I do not. When Nova was first brought to these woods by her dying mother I knew, more than anything else, that she would need family, and for all her life thou hast been the closest thing to family she has had. She is not like Maiku, who refused to be taught and lead. I have no doubt that with thy love and support, thout art the best choice."

(OOC: ... After doing a paper, wracking my brain on that was a little painful.... I don't think it quite turned out how I wanted.)

And behind the first door, Nova finds...... SQUIRREL-CHUCKS!
(No, not really. I'm still really tired. Things will hopefully pick up tomorrow.)

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:35 pm

ZetaStriker

Eto seems relieved by the Deku Tree's explanation, happy that his nightmare hasn't become a reality. Noticably more confident than before, he follows the others into the guardian spirit's mouth...

--

Kael and Eto follow the others upwards, the former smiling because of Jokarne's observation and the latter from Nova's little joke.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:40 am

Krail

(OOC: Sorry, this is a mini-dungeon, so you don't get a map. Maybe if I find myself with a lot of freetime ((After being discouraged by a hard boss in Metroid or somesuch thing)) I could find the time to make one...)
The group heads up the right ramp and opens the door. At first glance, the door seems as if it is a solid block hewn from various vines and roots and such. However, when it opens, it does not move, or slide away, but the individual vines retract into the wall or curl away, unbuilding the door in a matter of seconds. The next room is cylindrical, with about a 25 foot radius. Up along the walls they can see some spiraling pathways that seem to lead to a door near the top of the room. They aren't continuous, though; there are many rather large gaps. There doesn't appear to be any easy way to get onto the pathways.

The floor is extremely overgrown with tall, green grasses. Most of the blades reach to at least waist height. This grass could easily conceal things low to the ground. The moment they enter, a small plant nearby suddenly grows large. It has a blue head that splits open in the middle to create a mouth, and inside are several tooth-like thorns. The head is on a long stalk that is appaently moveable. It lunges first at Tiran, its bite having no effect on him. With all this grass, there's no telling how many of these might be in here.

A vine reaches down from the far wall and the grass around where it touches down seems to be ruffled oddly.

OOC: If you aren't familiar with the Deku Baba...
http://www.geocities.com/zelda64nl/vleesetendeplant.jpg

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:13 am

SSJJared

OOC: Im PRETTY sure i can do this within my magic limits, but stop me if im wrong.

Leafsbane quickly observes the strange plant. Probably wont be able to effect it directly, so lets try something else...

His leaves rustle as grass uproots around him. Flying around his head, it makes a sort of cloud around him. Then the grass twists together to form multiple spears of green, and Leafsbane begins to fire them at the snapping plant.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:27 pm 
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:49 am

Dr_Quackzalver

Turafa watches Leafsbane's magic intrested, and if it isn't enough to take the plant down, he tries a bit of his own. He summons a flame in his hand, wich at first glance appears to be burning quite normaly, but soon it forms into the shape of a bird. A bird of prey, to be accurate. Part powerful fire spell, and part summoned elemental spirt, Turafa directs the bird to fly directly at the plant, claws extended to rip into it. If it does manage to tear into it with its talons, it will explode in a focused blast through its talons. On the other hand, should the plant manage to grab it, it will simply explode in its mouth.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:37 am

HimizujinEternia

Gotetsu laughs a bit at the plant. Such a thing really doesn't seem all that threatening to him. Noticing the thick grass, he says, "I'll see if there are any others."

With that, he readies his axe in such a way that when he starts rolling around the room, he'll essectially act as a lawnmower, an starts his roll.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:53 am

Blue Dragon

If there are any areas missed by Gotetsu, Zarala launches her finerangs low to the ground at 'scythe' the grass down, of course aiming away from the group.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:36 am

ScandiaMaxie

Tiran runs toward the plant, and swings his axe to put an end to the plant that just tried to bite him off. Brittok tries to ground feel to see if there are any more of these monsters...

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:10 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

Kiri just sits back and snickers at the overkill..

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:44 pm

Krail

Leafsbane's grass spears strike the plant. It looks a bit annoyed and pulls away, thrashing around a bit as the spears poke into its flesh. Suddenly, some kind of fire bird attacks it. It sets aflame in short time as the bird tears it to pieces. The thing shrivels and burns away.

"You know, that's a bit of overkill," Roma sasy. "All you really have to do to finish off a Deku Baba is to cut its stem. Even if you just attack the head, you don't need to summon elemental spirits just to handle that."

Gotetsu rolls around, flattening, cutting, and crushing any grass of deku babas in his way. Zarala helps out with her finerangs, which prove good at cutting the plants off just behind the head. Soon the whole room is somewhat unevenly trimmed. There are many dried sticks left behind, and about 6 rupees.

Now that the grass is trimmed they can all see that there are three small holes in the wall. Upon further inspection, each seems to lead somewhere. They are very small, though. It looks like only a small child, Deku, or subrosian could easily fit through. Of course, fairies would have no problem.

Also, the vine that lead down from the wall appears to be the stem of a very, very large leaf. It looks large enough to stand on.

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"yes, overkill is the word." Kiri comments from behind before he moves to gather a few deku sticks while Kyoro takes a look through the lower left hole.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:09 am

Blue Dragon

Zarala's eyes light up and she dashes about the room collecting the few rupees, stashing them in her belt pouch. Treasure!

After she has sated her hoarding urges, she approaches the small holes and peers through, wondering whether she would get stuck if she tried to stick her head in.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:39 am

Dr_Quackzalver

"Well, I assumed it was so. However, I had a bit of trouble really harming the Rovas and their companions, so I devised a way of attacking wich should be more effective. A sentient missile is much harder to block, wouldn't you say? And I wasn't really sure I could manage this, so I decided to test it on something weak, where failure wouldn't be fatal.T hough, I intended it to expend it's power in two focused blasts from its talons when it struck, and the spirit dismissed as it did."

If the bird is still here, Turafa dismisses it, and decides to check out the leaf. By jumping.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:33 pm

ZetaStriker

The plant disposed of, Kael turns his attention back to the pathways that spiral up the walls of the room. In particular, he tries to get a better look at the gaps that might block their progress upwards, taking rough estimates of the lenths of both the gaps and the portions of pathway between them. "I'll take the pathway upwards to try and see what awaits us above. Anyone who thinks they can also manage the gaps is welcome to come as well." He smiles slightly, and adds, "But there's no hurry. For once it seems we don't need to race against time."

Eto follows Turafa over to the large leaf, hoping that the other man might find a way upwards that wont require him to magically gain the skills of an acrobat. "You think you've found something?"

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:09 pm

ScandiaMaxie

Tiran stops when the plant dies from the bird attack. He then looks at Turafa, and listens to the conversation going on, and lumbers back to his original position in a shade of disappointment.

Brittok leans agianst the wall, taking in the scene unfolding before him..

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:45 pm

Krail

OOC: Just a note, the deku baba's head armor wouldn't be harmed too much a light piercing weapon like the grass spears. As you saw, they more annoyed it than inflicted real injury. They would, however, be an effective scatter weapon against the skin of creatures that bleed.
Hmm, I should've copied over some of my RP notes before flying home. Oh well, it's not like anyone will be posting before Sunday, anyway.

Roma stares at Turafa for a moment. "Your magical powers seem to be developing rather quickly. Do you..." she bites her lip for a moment, thinking of just what to ask. "Do you remember where you learned to summon elementals like that? Even I'm still a little uncomfortable with such spells."

There are no ramps or anything leading up to the platforms above. The lowest one is about ten feet in the air. Someone feeling a bit acrobatic could fairly easily make their way up there by climbing and jumping off of the wall, which has various protursions that might make a decent climbing surface. Or someone could climb up the vine that is supporting the large leaf. Tiran or Brittok might also be able to provide a high enough boost.
It looks like the lower platform goes all the way around the room, and a ramp leads up from one side, where the following platforms spiral upwards.

Through the small hole, Kyoro finds a short tunnel with a small room at the end. A tuft of leaves rustles on the ground, and a pair of eyes look up at her from beneath. Looks like a business scrub. There are various vines growing out of the wall.

The large leaf twitches a bit as Eto and Turafa stand on top of it. In response to Kael, Roma says, "You know. . . I'm not so certain we aren't racing against time. Darkrova... once she figures out what happened, and once she manages to get her forces together again, I think... she's probably going to want to collect the three piece of the Triad, or, at the very least, collect the three people who hold them. She won't know just where to look for courage, so I think... Well... I think that wisdom most likely found one with the gift of sight... The ones people the world over seek for their wisdom. The Oracle, or... or the Princess, with the dreams she has of which many are not told, are the most likely candidates... They may not know where the princess is now, but they will certainly know how to find the Oracle, and they will find the princess there. Magical wards and Impa are not enough to protect them once Darkrova finds out..."

"Out of one scrape to have another looming at our heels," Dyrun chimes in. "Well, we shant let those fiends use my sister or the light of Hyrule for whatever foul purpose they have in mind." He turns to Nova. "If you truly are the weilder of the Ascendant's sword then they will not stand against us, right?"

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:29 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"I wouldn't count on that, princey boy. The sword of a hero it may be, created by the goddesses it may be, but because it was created by them, it can also be destroyed by their power... logically speaking. Even when Nova learns to use the triforce of courage, she'll still be outmatched against Darkrova and all of her minions, including the strange knight and the shadow beast. But as many a wise Gerudo has said... 'Good cause? Good battle? Little chance of success and certain death otherwise? What are we waitin for!?'" Kiri smiles at this as he tries to see if he can fit through the hole Kyoro went down to see what the scrub had for sale.

OOC: Odd how much Gerudo and dwarves mentally resemble eachother... ne?

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:51 pm

Krail

"Little chance of success, but certain death otherwise?" Dyrun says. "Well what other choice is there but to fight?"

It's a tight fit, but Kiri can squeeze through the hole. As he pops out on the other end, the business scrub is starttled and jumps out of his hole, accidentally knocking Kiri in the face. However, since most of the top of the scrub's head is leaves, the hit doesn't hurt too much.
Some deku nuts hit the floor, three or four of them flashing brightly. Everyone can see a bright light suddenly blinki a few times from within the hole.

The business scrub, looking terribly embarrassed, quickly bends down to pick up the extra deku nuts. "Eep, I'm dreadfully sorry about that, sir. Hope I didn't injure you. Wouldn't want to injure a potential customer, nope. It's been a long time since I've had a customer. Don't think I should have set up shop inside the Deku Tree, eh? Heh heh heh, I've been alone for so long... Do stay a while, will you?" It sounds as if all of that was one sentence. Kiri gets the impression that this guy is more than a bit stir crazy. Crazy being the operative word here.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:11 pm

ZetaStriker

Eto waits for Turafa to do something, not really in much of a mood to take the initiative.

"True, I hadn't thought of the danger that the one holding the Triforce of Wisdom might be in... I suppose a break would have been too much to ask for." For a brief moment, he relaxes his usually rigid posture to show himself for what he really is, a tired, stressed out young man. He regains control rather quickly though, already setting out for the ramp above. "I'm going to head upwards now; if you think you can keep up, come along." Getting a running start, he kicks off the wall below the ramp and reaches upwards to grab its edge, preparing to pull himself upwards.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:34 am

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Here, alone... all three of you?" Kiri asks, honestly mistaken as his eyes cross from the triple-flash. Kyoro hits him on the head, then he shakes it, "Whoah, thanks."

"For hitting you? It was a privelidge, really." She giggles and avoids a casual swipe.

"Sure, I'll hang out here for a minute. Long as you've been here, you probably have some pretty unique stuff, ne? What've you got?"

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:18 am

Ssj Bunbun

OOC - Curses! I've gone and forgotten the Princesses name...

Nova looks about and speaks as she begins to climb the vines on the wall to a place where she can leap for the floating platform. "Any other day... I'd question how the hell a hunk of dirt was gliding about the room. But today? HAH!" She hangs from the wall, feet planted and ready to jump as she waits for it to come back around, having just missed it during the climb.

"I wish it was as easy as getting a powerful weapon to stop Marla from acting against us Dyrun, I really do. But sooner or later... I'll have to fight her again. But I am going to make sure I have this sword and I go to some great fairies to gain some power before I do so... even my Rose Storm was turned back against her and that was BEFORE she had the Triad... I don't know if my Triad gave me any boosts in power, but if hers did then we are all in serious trouble."

She leaps in a backflip and lands on the platform, turning to grab Eto's wrist to help him up on the platform. She stands and looks around and continies her thoughts, "It's gotta be the Princess... I can just feel it. Which is really bad, cause now Rova will want her twice over... one for her blood like Palous was saying, and one for the Triad of Wisdom... I heard many stories about the Triad before, but this one stuck with me the most..."

(OOC - Taking a liberty here about this story, cause I made this one up on my own for the purposes of my stories. I'm popping it out there so Krail can use it all he wants or just have Roma or another NPC dispell it as rumour. Read this tho! It makes sense when you think about it ^.^)

"The Triad exists in a state of harmony and balance. It carries the spirts of the three goddesses who created this world, and thus it carries both the strengths and weaknesses of those creators.

To create life and worlds, it takes a mix of Power, Wisdom and Courage.

Power for the forging of souls and the creation of that which is called life.

Wisdom to guide those souls down the proper paths and lead them into heaven.

Courage to keep on upholding a planet with a will of it's own and let them take thier own courses in life.

As the Triad has it's own balances, thus does life itself.

What one has more of, one will have less of.

Wisdom, though all knowing and capable of making fantasic miracles, can be overpowered by those with great strength.

Power, though capable of both destruction and creation, can be torn down by those who have true courage of heart.

Courage, though capable of making one stand against the darkest of nights, can be alured and difused by those with pure wisdom."

Nova looks about the giant room from up on the platform as she sums up, "I think... now that we've seen it really is Courage, Wisdom and Power that the Triad broke into... that the story tells the strenghts and weaknesses of the Triad... and those it chooses to carry it. Power can be broken by Courage... Courage can be swayed by Wisdom... and Wisdom can be shattered by Power. It's all a circle of balance... and if it's true, then the Princess is in even more trouble. I think as soon as we get this blade, we should return to the Oracles as quickly as possible."

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:57 am

FearTheMullet
Seat Sprinkler of DOOM

Jokarne leaps deftly up to the ledge beside them. "That's quite interesting, I don't think I've ever heard that before. So... if courage can be broken by wisdom, are you sure you want to visit the oracle?" She grins as she says this.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:21 pm

Blue Dragon

Zarala places a hand on the vine and scowls as it easilly slips through her grip. "I don't think I'll be able to climb anywhere. My skin is far too smooth to get any grip on these vines! And that wall looks a bit dauting..." she watches Nova leap about cat-like and easy above her, and steps towards the lower platform instead, intending to make her way up the spiral path.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:11 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova grins, "Heh... that's why I'm glad the princess in on our side!" Sophy comes fluttering up to Nova a few moments later, looking a little detacthed and in deep thought. "Heya firebug. Where ya been?"

Sophy takes a long look at Nova, "Just... resting. This has been a rough week ya know?"

Nova smiles simpatheticly, "I know... and you being a 20th of my size must be even more tiring. But Soph?"

"Hmmm?"

"You don't have to hide anything from me you know."

"...some secrets are better kept."

"And some are better shared with a loved one."

"Not this one..."

"At least not now. I'll let you decide when the time is right, but Sophy?"

"Hmm?"

"There isn't any other fairy I'd want to be with besides you."

"Nova..." Sophy looks about set to cry and hides in Nova's hair for a while before whispering out a sob, "Thank you..."

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:37 am

Krail

OOC: As a totally non-sequiter side note, I wonder if anyone thought of the potential significance of the minibosses I put for each of the three tests in the gate temple, not to mention all the little hints I placed throughout the various visions and dream sequences...
And I won't even bother to mention the myriad meanings of the title I chose for the game...

Erm.... Seems I've ended up being busier than previously planned tonight. Sorry, not postage now, but I'll probably get around to it tomorrow afternoon, perhaps right after lunch, maybe?

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:52 pm

Krail

The business scrub shows some of the deku nuts in his hands. "Well.... After.... after quite a bit of aging inside this magical place... some of these deku nuts, you see, they can go off a few times... without exploding... like they normally do. Erm... I also have..." he reaches down to a pocket, "Errr... just a moment." He dives into the dirt for a few seconds and then resurfaces, a white feather in his hands, "this lovely feather. I hear tell it came off of a roc, or somesuch. And, well, besides some dry deku sticks, I think that's all I have."

As his vision clears up a bit, Kiri notices some of the vines at the back of the room twitching slightly.

"Actually, according to the creation story, Farore is the creator and sustainer of life," Roma says. She fails to comment on the relationship between the three that Nova presents.

Nova and Kael fairly easily make their way up to the platform. There isn't much to it, really. It continues around and begins to lead upward for a few feet until there is a gap. It looks easily jumpable, but shorly beyond it is another gap. It just so happens that some feet below that gap is another long vine leading along the wall, and with an extremely large leaf on the bottom.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:03 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Hm.... those nuts might be useful, and that feather does look rather unique... let me check my pouch..."

OOC: I have no idea how many Rupees Kiri has.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:06 pm

Krail

OOC: Basically I'm just using a group rupee system. In total you guys have 140 rupees.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:30 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova smiles at Roma, "Heh, see, I told ya I didn't know the story fully. People change it each time it's told, as it goes with all stories. But anyhow... I have work to do." She takes a running leap and clears the gap, landing on the next platform. She smiles down the gap to the leaf down there, with a small idea to what it might do, but no idea where it will go. She leaps for the vine, shimmies down it at a high rate of speed and lands feet first on the huge leaf, arms out for balance, expecting it to let go and move.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:08 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"So, how much for the nuts and the feather?" Kiri asks.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:06 am

Blue Dragon

OOC: So our rupee pouches are essentially Resident Evil item boxes? ^^

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:38 am

Dr_Quackzalver

Turafa decides to see if he can use his magic to levitate, wich shouldn't be very difficult since his "body" appearntly is made of magic, in one form or another. Floating in mid-air a bit roughly halfway to the top, he says: "If anyone wants, I can try to lift you up to these ramps. I'd rather not lift you all the way up, in case I drop you."

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:09 pm

Krail

(OOC: Heh, something like that.)

"That'll be... ummm...." The business scrub thinks for a couple moments, and then begins to count on his fingers, dropping a couple deku nuts in the process. He quickly bends down to pick them up and drops the feather. And then proceeds to play a most bizarre juggling "game" between the feather, which isn't falling nearly as fast as he seems to think it will, and the deku nuts. After a couple seconds, he finally gets a hold of all his wares again. "Ehh, heh heh, sorry about that. I think... It's 25 rupees. Yes, that sounds good."

(Assuming he buys them, Kiri gets 4 everlasting Deku nuts and 1 roc's feather.)
_________

Nova jumps down onto the leaf, and it supports her weight rather well. However, it does not move.

____

Kiri notices the vines twitching again. A little more voilently this time.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:21 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova frowns, "Damn thing... what now?!" She stomps on the leaf, trying to get it to do something.

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Sure, that sounds like a good deal." Kiri says, paying the scrub and taking his stuff. "What's with these vines?" He asks, approaching them cautiously.

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:48 am

Blue Dragon

Zarala looks over to Kiri, and notices his new items. "Hey! Neat feather! What does it do?"

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:00 pm

Krail

OOC: ... Is Zarala bending down to look through the hole to where Kiri is?

Kyoro's magic senses go off as Kiri touches the feather. Perhaps it really is a roc's feather.

The business scrub spins around, "Vines?" and accidentally smacks one of the vines with his hand. He almost falls over backwards from the shock of discovering that these vines have been here this whole time without his knowing. The smacked vine stops twitching and clings to the wall.

_______

The leaf that Eto is standing on suddenly jerks away from the wall, and the vine holding it moves upwards rather quickly, making the leaf level with the platform.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:22 pm

ZetaStriker

"Gah!" Eto insinctively drops to his stomach and holds on for dear life, caught off guard by the leaf's sudden movement. As the short ride comes to an end moments later, he slowly rises back to his feet, rather embarressed about his reaction. Blushing, he looks to Nova and mutters, "Heh... er, you think you could give me a little more warning befrore trying that next time?"

Kael waves his brother forward, a wry smile upon his face. "Come on, we've still got a ways to go, and we might need your help should we run into any more vicious leaves." Turning back to the gaps ahead, he tries to judge whether he can make it over both of them at once with the help of the Pegasus Boots before taking any further action.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:12 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

Kiri tucks the feather into his pouch and looks up to see if the vines lead anywhere, intending to worry about the movement when and if he needs to climb.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:42 am

Dr_Quackzalver

(OOC: The leaf Eto stands on.. It's the same that Nova jumped down on?)

Since no-one needs to be telekincticly lifted, Turafa ponders on Roma's question, to see if he indeed can remeber where and how he learned to summon Elementals.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:01 pm

Ssj Bunbun

OOC - That's what I wanna know...

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:33 pm

Blue Dragon

OOC: I think I'm a little confused as to the layout of the room... I ned to go back and read the descs again, I think. I had assumed Kiri was back outside the hole again...

Whistling in awe, Zarala watches the leaf rush quickly upwards, and tries not to giggle at Eto being momentarilly caught off guard. "I think we may have found a way up. What caused that then?"

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:15 pm

Krail

OOC: No, Eto was on the leaf that was at ground level. The leaf Nova is standing on is above the platform Eto was just lifted to. She first got up there, then made her way up from there to the two gaps. I suppose the leaf Nova's on is within reach of those on the lower platform (Which is still 10 feet above the floor)

Turafa's memory fails him again, but he seems to recall the scent of soup cooking...

Looking things over, Kael thinks he could probably make the two gaps if he dash jumped over the first one, and then immediately jumped again, but it would be close.
___

Kiri sees that the vines go up through a hole in the ceiling. There no way he, or even Kyoro could fit through there.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:00 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Hm..." Kiri says, "Guess there's nothing else here..." Curious, he pulls on one of the vines.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:48 pm

Ssj Bunbun

Nova keeps poking at the leaf, stuck untill it does something.

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:23 pm

Krail

As Kiri pulls on the vine, it suddenly pulls back, jerking upwards a couple of inches.

Before he can move, the leaf Eto is on suddenly moves back to ground level again.

Dyrun inches over. "Perhaps we should climb aboard before it decides to move again."

Roma walks over towards the hole Kiri crawled through and calls through it, "Kiri, are you alright in there?"

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:42 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"Yeah, just fine." Kiri yells back, "Be careful around vines: these seem to be alive." then he turns to the scrub, "Sorry little guy, but I gotta go. Worlds to save, people to kill, y'know." and then begins to crawl back.

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:11 pm

FearTheMullet
Seat Sprinkler of DOOM

Jokarne hops onto the leaf next to Eto.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:27 am

Krail

The business scrub lets out a big sigh. "If you must... go.... Perhaps I should leave this place, now that I've finally made a sale. It doesn't feel like a total flop. I... I'll just stay here a few moments.... to reminisce...," he says pathetically as Kiri leaves the room.

As more people get on the leaf, it continues not to move, as does Nova's quite stomped-on leaf.

"What was that about vines, Kiri?" Roma asks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:29 pm 
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:24 am

Blue Dragon

Provided there is room (I imagine this leaf is getting a little crowded), Zarala climbs onto the floor-level leaf beside the others.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:34 pm

ScandiaMaxie

OOG: Sorry about the lack of posts...been busy with many things...

Brittok and Tiran watches the activities, and they note that the leaves may serve as elevators to the platforms. They wait their turn to get up to the higher levels after the group decide to go up, or whatever they are planning to do.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:02 pm

Krail

The leaves continue to not move, no matter how much Nova, or anyone, stomps on them.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:23 pm

ZetaStriker

Eto frowns and looks down at the leaf. "Don't tell me we broke it..." Kael shakes his head. "I doubt that, chances are there's just some trick to it we haven't figure out yet. It might only be able to transport one person at a time."[/color=red] Glancing back at the gap, he adds, [color=red]"Or the answer may lie above. And since we'll be heading upwards one way or the other, I don't see any harm in moving further ahead." Getting a running start, he attempt to jump from his side of the gap, to the center, before finally trying to launch himself far enough forward to grab onto the opposite ledge.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:25 pm

Krail

OOC: By the way, these platforms are not floating in midair, they're attatched to the walls.

He makes it with a couple inches to spare. After a bit of a struggle he manages to pull himself up onto the wood platform. Looking further along the pathway, it looks like he'd be able to jump across each of those gaps.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:43 pm

ScandiaMaxie

Brittok looks at Kael, and nods at the idea. He goes up one of the ramps, and Tiran follows behind him. Brittok then does a series of superpowered jumps with Tiran in tow until they both are at the uppermost part of the spiralling path with no more jumps needed.

OOG: I dontknow how many gaps there are..

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:35 pm

Scygnus Darkhawk

"I don't know, exactly, but they seemed to be moving on their own, and when I pulled on them, they pulled back." Kiri tells Roma while waiting for the area above to get less crowded.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:53 pm

ZetaStriker

Kael continues upwards until he manages to find something other than more gaps...

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:36 pm

Krail

OOC: How's Brittok getting up to the first platform?
And there isn't exactly a "dungeon energy" here, so he won't be able to superpower things like that very easily.

(((OOC: Alright! Game officially rebooted. Now, let's get busy! As soon as you have a break in studying to do so, I suppose.... Right, I'll just be writing my paper and playing Metroid (So close to getting the LIGHT SUIT!!!) )))

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: Dr+Quacksalver
Location: Fighting the good fight! The War on Low Temperatures is a righteous battle!
"It's worth a try." Turafa concentrates, and casts two small spells. A small televisionary spell, to let him see the vines beyond the holes, and a telekinetic one to pull them. He pulls all thre vines in turn, and after each time noting what happens outside (if anything). Then he pulls them again, and notes what happens.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:19 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Nova gives up on her leaf and climbs up to the others, pondering, "I'm someplace where I don't know where I am..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:20 pm 
Turafa's vision gets a bit fuzzy as he tries to see each of the three vines at the same time and interract with him, but it is functional enough to allow him to see where they are and give them a bit of a jolt.

And as each group of vines is pulled, the leaves move. First the leaf that most of the group is standing on rises to the 10 ft platform. That was the vine in the hole Kiri went through. The next group of vines causes the leaf Nova is on to rise, and a leaf on the other side of the room, higher up, to lower. The third has the same effect on two more leaves even higher.

Meanwhile, Kael uses his pegasus boots to dash and jump to the top of the room. At the top he finds a vine doorway like the one they entered through.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:30 pm 
AOL: Maxusspooky
OOC: no dungeon energy? darn! Okay, then i guess I better use the leaves to transport the friendly monsters to the different levels.

Brittok realizes there is no energy to draw from, so he quickly stops his tracks before he makes his first jump. There was not really necessary to injure himself. Tiran quietly chuckles to himself. When Brittok notes what Turafa is doing to the vines and the leaves reacting in effect. He then tells Tiran to follow him and get on the leaves. They will get on the leaf that will allow access to the platform to the next leaf. He tells Turafa to play with the vines until everyone is at the highest point or the highest platform possible and he could try to float up to the group.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:00 pm 
From his position, Kael will attempt to open the door, but refrains from entering the room until the others catch up to him. For now he just wants to see what might lie ahead.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:15 am 
OOC: *wags finger* Krail's padding his post count! :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:09 am 
OOC: 1st of all, Holy crap, I have 21 posts already!? Secondly, I actually rather enjoyed having a negative post count...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:40 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
ooc:Sigh, lost again. wheres leafsbane?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG