Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:44 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Well, RS was by far my longest running game. It's a sad day when it has to end, but for once it may not be the entire end of RS. Once I get Leyline running I will be looking into making this a webcomic. As I said, I'll need help, so time will tell if it happens or not.

For now?

While I prepare Leyline for running, and I have done quite a bit thus far, it's high time I posted my plans for RS. I had the game planned out to the beginning of Year 5, where everything goes backward. My next series of posts will be guiding you all, bit by bit, into what would have happened in the game and answer any questions or comments you may have as we go.

Also, if you have any specific character development questions, fire away.

So!

Let's get into the end of year 2 shall we?

When we last left off, you all were about to revive your Reapers and a significant power boost. Once obtained, you'd all be fighting the Teachers Tom, Fess, Taikyo, Kurt, Lupis and even Garrin. These would be really hard battles and I'd basically be going all out on you all to test your limits has gamers. Win or loss would not matter in this match and it would end part two of year two once the match ended.

From there, it would be off to Crystalis, where you'd all be greeted by none other than Paige, who, through a major breakthrough in her healing alchemy n her Reaper, cured her Father's Cancer and came back to rejoin. From here the game would be split into three threads and three teams. Only Lupis and Bane would have the abilities to totally hide their Resonance from Xeno's senses - Lupis through a reverse Chimera shift that turns him totally human and completely hides his Resonance, and Bane by erecting a static field around him the exact opposite of his wavelength.

The other two who would be coming with you would be two Seventh Years of Tom's pulled back from the front lines - Jason and Sizzors, whom Branden has met already. Jason is a fox Chimera with two tails, and Sizzors a feline female. Together they have mastered a symbiosis of sorts with their Resonance, able to totally cancel out each others signals but maintain their full power. There full potential will be revealed later.

A group would go with Lupis to hunt silently, look for clues and connections, and I would be highly recommending in game that Branden go with that group.

A group would go with Bane, to check the underworld and their connections for any signs of Xeno. My in game recommendation here would be for both Jacob and Rai to go with Bane.

The last group would be with Jason and Sizzors, whom would be hiding, and have the most dangerous job of searching out in the open and luring Xeno from hiding.

After a while of open RP and searching... things would go down. And I mean down.

Following his instincts Lupis would lead to group to what seemed to be a building under construction, but totally abandoned. On the roof of this place, the group would be sucked down through the floor and tossed into a massive labyrinth of traps, attacks, and endless transmutations of the building. The entire building would be their enemy, and through familiarity with the foe it would be Branden that realized they were fighting none other that Kapus, a creature of Thermo's own creation, which is basically a sealed soul that can actively "jump" from body to body at will. His real power Branden would reveal to be the transmutations of dimensional Gates, and the last place he was seen was by Branden and his family on Titanis. It'd be a rather nice place for some Branden Ziel backstory.

Meanwhile in tracing the underworld Bane would begin to recognize certain signs that both Jacob and Rai would be quite familiar with, leading the hunt for his twin brother and finding him waiting in a laboratory where he would be experimenting on new subjects for his own amusement, and by subjects, I mean little boys an girls. Both Jacob and Rai have had major run ins with this person in the past, and if Caliga came along as well he too would recognize Dominic Scrimgore from his Dual Resonance Dream. Once again, another great place for some backstory.

The main group, however, would of course succeed in luring Xeno out into the open. Jason n Sizzors, though hidden, would have the ability to sense if it was the real Xeno or not, as they can sense when wavelengths are traveling from a main source -- ie -- how Xeno controls his clones. 3 Clones would attack the group and the group would shatter them, revealing the real Xeno cursing at their growth... turns out the Clones were at the level of where Xeno was when he attacked Cryo. With the real Xeno revealed, he'd talk about his plans to work his way up the political ladder to get back into CORE. ...which of course you'd already uncovered, which would just piss him right off. Xeno would attack, far stronger than his clones, and only then would Jason n Sizzors reveal themselves to help.

Meanwhile, Lupis' group follow Branden's lead and Lupis' senses to find the seal of Kapus and engage in battle with it. In a stupid move, Lupis would use his Dark Resonance saber to uncover the protection around the seal and while doing so, Kapus would seal up his Resonance entirely and collapse part of the building in on him, making it seem that Lupis had died. That moment out the group would be on their own to beat Kapus, and once they did, the building would revert to normal to show a critically injured, but still alive Lupis. Once he was stabilized and help sent for, the group would rush over to aid the first group with Xeno.

Back to the battle with Dominic, Bane would take an action that would almost strike his brother, who is a master of transmuting projectile weaponry and firing his own Resonance as the bullets. This would knock his hat off... and reveal a set of long slender elven ears. Rai's Mother's ears. In a laughing fit of insanity Dominic would remove his contact lenses, revealing golden eyes and transmute his hair to it's natural color - golden blond. Dominic had fused with Harmony, boosting his power to levels unheard of and making him a new breed of Chimera he's named Mythos Chimera. Chimera fashioned artificially after mythological creatures - with Harmony's power? Dominic has become a Siren. With a single scream he'd kill Bane, shattering his body into a fine red mist. The students would have to defeat Dominic alone, lead by an almost certainly raging Rai. Once defeated, Dominic would flee and the students would join the Xeno battle.

With all the students there, Jason and Sizzors would enter their Scarlet Symbiosis under their cover, turning them eventually into one being, with two separate bodies who can perfectly mirror and use each others powers. Between the duo and the students, it would not take long for Xeno to fall and to die for good, Jason and Sizzors making sure there were no more links out there where he might be able to send his Resonance and that it truly was his main body. By this time, there would be a spark of lightning and Bane would appear, nearly dead, but able to pull himself together from being shattered by turning to lightning and pulling together. Once again, help would be sent, but before anything else could happen Xeno would fly out of the ruins of the battle field, alive and in full blood armor, and dive bomb an un-suspecting Jason and Sizzors who were confident he was totally dead and unlinked to anything else...

A split second before decapitating Sizzors there's a sonic boom and a burning blue figure would appear and catch Xeno's blood blade bare handed and snap it like a twig. A punch into the air and a beam of light later, Xeno would disappear in a rush of ether and Tom's only surviving first year student, fresh back from Earth, would be revealed. Cryo Tiranade Junior, or CJ. Cryo would be a thin but muscular human with spikey blue hair and an aura of Resonance so powerful that not even Jason and Sizzors can believe how much he's changed, as they are close friends with him.

Before any conversation could be had, however, CJ turns and fires a large beam of blue ether into the air at apparently nothing... shattering the cloaking field Xeno had erected around himself to fool Jason n Sizzors senses and revealing the -real- true body of Xeno at last. Xeno would, of course, attack CJ and try to take his ether... but after just a few attacks where most of Xeno's body is shattered and heals, two very important facts are revealed. One - Xeno is totally out classed... he doesn't stand a chance in hell against CJ. Two? CJ is using Dark Alchemy.

Upon realizing this Xeno flies high into the air and does something he wasn't able to complete before. He presses two fingers to the black diamond on his forehead and utters the words, "Open wide: The eye of Chaos." Xeno would then transform into a form somewhat like Dual Resonance, only in place of a Dual Aura he gains a pair of blood red wings that hover above his back and a third eye in place of the black diamond. His aura... is so powerful that even CJ has trouble standing up against it, the students themselves are floored by it.

Before either can attack however, Xeno's eyes (all three of em) open wide in fear. He turns around to see nothing less than the real eye of Chaos, a burning orange and red eye in the shape of the Grand Arcanum.

"M...Master... Chaos...."

"Xeno..." Chaos speaks only in a whisper, but it seems Chaos can be heard everywhere on Crystalis and CORE at the same time. "You have failed me..."

"No... No master!! I..."

"Silence..." The eye opens wider and the entire planet seems to shake. "You have revealed our greatest power to Core when I strictly forbade you to... now the Eye of Chaos transformation must be replaced... you have failed me!"

At this point Xeno transforms back and begs for forgiveness from his master. At this point, Dominic (injured) appears carrying what's left of Kapus' seal and hovers next to Xeno in mid air. "I believe I can assist with that endeavor Lord Chaos..."

The eye turns to Dominic, who doesn't flinch in the least, and traces down to the Sealed Soul Seal he's carrying. After a moment of what seems to be silent communication Chaos whispers, "This is the man you have been working with on Crystalis Xeno?"

"..y... yes Master..."

"...then you will be spared my Wrath." Kapus' body glows and opens a portal, to where Kapus, Dominic and Xeno escape, but not before a last taunt. The portal disappears as well as Chaos' eye, leaving the players with three major implications.

1 - Chaos' Alchemy is so powerful it can reach Crystalis from an entirely different Galaxy.

2 - Apparently Chaos is making a counter to Dual Resonance.

3 - CJ, the son of the leader of Core, is a Dark Alchemist.

Thus ends Year Two.

Comments? Questions? ^_^

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:50 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
With regards to the teacher fight... one thing I was thinking of doing is getting Tom's ice melted, boosting the hell out of a Tenrai and using the shock from it to send thousands of water drops into the air, then using those toward conducting electricity. That said, who knows whether or not he'd control the flow enough to avoid his teammates.

With regards to his Reapers - I know that their default look is guns, but I was also thinking of potentially have them be constantly morphing between weapon forms. The final form, of course, would've been Armistice, which fused the twin Reapers together into its' true form.

With regards to Dominic, Rai would've tried to find out if the process is reversible. He would hardly want to admit that his mother was gone now that he'd found out that there was a chance she was alive. If Dominic admitted that it was impossible to reverse the fusion, Rai would've snapped entirely and probably went berserk. Considering his abilities to boost his own resonance, he probably would have pushed himself way too damn hard, with consequences arising from that.

Assuming Rai survived, I planned to have him bring out the Chimera in his genes as he talked about with his sister. Which, ironically, would probably make him look even more like Dominic... heh.

What would that have given him, anyway?

I was also thinking of having him put in Renkinshin that could allow him to use Reflect Dual without enduring the same cell-decay effects of Chimera, and to also learn to use Element Dual. If his Resonance theory was sound enough (heh), he'd have figured out how to mimic the effects with his Harmonics. He probably would also start looking into just what makes Dark Alchemy Dark Alchemy.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
I had alot of plans for Rojo. His powerset and background meshed into something that I loved to conceive new concepts for and then make them work. Like for example: Fueurrot. I didn't expect for my image of Rojo's alternate path to make such a strong mental image, but considering the kind of sociopath Fueurrot would be was vastly entertaining. So I conjured a way to get to use him more: Dual Dissonance.

The basic thought was that Rojo had prematurely activated Dual Resonance more times than any other person. So instead of the permanent activation succeeding like it appeared to, it was actually an extremely rare defect where the two souls become so entwined they occupy the same etherial space. So when Dual Resonance activates for either soul, the two souls fight for control as they're resonating. Because the souls are so close the effect is incredibly powerful, but the minds begin to meld and a small bridge is formed between the two universes in which the souls vessels reside.

In other words, Rojo and Fueurrot would suddenly exist at the same time in both universes, and the Dual Resonance effect, here called Dual Dissonance, would begin going wild. This results in BAD THINGS unless the two have a similar objective, where the power is reduced but controllable. When the two have a similar objective, the resonance produced by both souls, red and green for Fueurrot and Rojo respectively, move to the left and right halves of the body respectively (in our universe, and it's the other way for the other.) So Fueurrot controls Rojo's left arm, representing alchemy, and Rojo controls the right arm, representing technology.

Fueurrot's Alchemy is slightly different from Rojo's too. It's the same basic principle as Null Alchemy, but instead of applying it to just alchemy, Fueurrot applies it to any and all laws of the universe. This means he can not only nullify or otherwise impact alchemy, but also natural laws like inertia, entropy and gravity. He calls this Rulebreaker, and claims it truly transcends light and dark alchemy (even if it's only the dark alchemy equivalent of null alchemy.)

Rojo, meanwhile, I wanted to do alot more with his alchemic emulation and REAPER, ARMS. Alchemic Emulation would become easier through a number of new technologies Rojo creates, and enhanced through him eventually learning Rune Alchemy. ARMS, already with a number of modes, would also have an additional blank memory space for Rojo to create a new weapon mode on the spot using alchemic circles. Its antitheft mode, Wild ARMS, would become an attack mode during Dual Dissonance, adding to the danger (and power) of that mode. Its basic form would be wildly flailing blades connected to the core of ARMS through gossamer sheets of null resonance, slicing through anything made of alchemy and generally making a mess of things. Later forms include Wild ARMS: 2nd Ignition, where the blades leave behind trails of fire formed from null resonance, Wild ARMS: Advanced 3rd, a size-increased version of the first mode, Wild ARMS: 4th Detonator, like Advanced 3rd but also leaving trails of explosions, Wild ARMS: XF (read as Crossfire), where it begins shooting the null resonance as well as slashing, and finally Wild ARMS: Vth Vanguard, where Rojo and Fueurrot divide their souls from the body to using ARMS as a projector, and the two souls formed of pure null resonance attack. (Yes, all the forms are based on the japanese Wild ARMS game titles).

So yeah, these are just ABILITY plans I had, and I'm sure more ideas would come to me with time. As for story... I can guarantee you Rojo's presence at the fight against Xeno would make that go VERY different if he actually flared, since it would be one of the few instances where Rojo and Fueurrot have similar goals and would actually fight on the same side. I've already established that Fueurrot despises Xeno, and probably much of the other non-humans that work for chaos as well, due to him being the logical opposite extreme of what Rojo could have been. In fact, that fight was where I was hoping to fully reveal this aspect of Rojo's dual resonance. If the webcomic happens I'd love to see it play out this way.

Bunny and I also once talked about other possibilities for this defect of Rojo's. One possibility was Rojo and Fueurrot literally switching positions due to their nature, leaving Rojo in Fueurrot's shoes and universe and Fueurrot prowling the halls of CORE causing as much trouble as he can, mostly to make things miserable for Rojo, including but not limited to severely injuring or even killing Geno in a staged training accident. (Yes, he's that vindictive of a psychopath.)

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Rojo is fun and all, but I do admit that I may have gone a little overboard.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:50 pm 
...two replies.

One of them I asked to have.

Two others I asked haven't posted.

Are you guys even interested in knowing how this would end? I really don't think I'm going to give away anything else if nobody is showing interest...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:50 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
You darn well BETTER keep sharing how things would go! BAH!! :bert:

We need to figure out/discuss some more of Ben's past though...

Related to that, if Chaos wanted Ben captured and can do stuff across galaxies, why not just nab him at some point?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:22 pm 
The lack of interest is miffing.

In any case, RS is on the backburner now. Right now, 3D Modeling finals. When that's done, I've got a full week off to work on Leyline, which is going really well.

Now?

Let me introduce you to my Fiance. This is Katie, otherwise known as my Wolfie.

She will devour your souls.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:25 pm 
*steals all of your warm and souls and laughs manically* Mwhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

*is done laughing, pounces Mr. Slowpoke and drags him off* Mine.

*waves to you all now that your her soulless, chilly minions*

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Unfortunately, my soul is long gone, so I'm afraid there's not too much change.

Come out with Leyline nice and soon. I need a game other than what I'm GMing where it makes sense to post things over a single paragraph long.

Still not certain what sort of character I'd go with though... currently torn between a character based off the Nasuverse (Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night) and MUSE. I could do both, I suppose...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:30 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Hrm, as for the trip down the the school, I'm split as to which group Elias would go with. The investigation team or the Xeno attraction team both work. On one hand Team BEX fighting against Kapus would be awesome but there was something special I wanted Elias to try in his fight against Xeno. He would use Gatecrash alchemy to erode the gate(?) Xeno had put around the souls he was using as a power source. It might go two ways either it would be a truly spectacular gatecrash or the captive souls would have a chance to revolt against Xeno the way Hohenheim made his Philosopher's stone attack Father in the manga.

What groups do the rest of you picture your characters joining? BTW which groups are the various members of Bane's class going with?

As for the final confrontation the immediate image I got from it all is Elias snarking, "Did we accomplish anything besides making the bad guys head home?"

Plans I had for Elias... well mostly his Reaper would continue to evolve. The armblade on his automail would be fire and burn away resonance. The one on his left arm would be used to poison resonance and drain it, kinda like a fang. Elias would constantly be flumoxed for a name better than Fire and Fang. Hebi would eventually suggest F.F.(pronounced F-2). Eventual high end techs. Permanent gate shut down, to render alchemists normal humans(or chimeras). Not sure what it would do to hybrids, homunculi or sealed souls, beings that are only kept "alive" via alchemy. Gestalt resonance that he had been working on with Branden would probably be continued, leading to his third year creation project a faux Gate of truth. It wouldn't allow transportation or anything crazy like that. Instead it would be a way for linked alchemists to instantly exchange resonance and knowledge. Elias would like to think of it as his answer to Chaos' fake dual resonance, dark alchemy and the real Gate.

As for Hebi, Elias and the snake would continue to grow closer in synch. I figure it would cause them no small deal of stress. An eventual ending for Hebi was to have Elias gatecrash himself in a fight against a stronger opponent and have Hebi stabilize it to keep it going longer. Keeping it going like that for so long would destroy Hebi. Either Elias would revive him or absorb him back into his body as a tattoo or mark on his automail.

Sorry for the delayed response Bunny.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Yay, Paige comes back after all! Haha.

And I'm assuming she ends up in the same group Alex does, but I could be wrong.

Since Paige has really suffered no losses or hardships since leaving, I'm afraid she never got a big shove to get on the offensive that I originally imagined she eventually would get. So at this point, I assume she's still incredibly empathic and 90% defense oriented.
Though once everyone starts dropping like flies, who's to say she won't have an offensive snap? :kiki:

((Honestly, I didn't expect you to start posting The End so quickly! I don't hang in GRPG anymore since RS is teh done. So I'm glad I peeked!))

Hi, Bunny's Wolfie!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
Pffft, my soul? Sold that thing a long time ago.

Anyways, 'lo there Wolfie.

Bunny! What do you mean lack of interest!?! Argh! :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 pm 
*peek*

*sniffs the air*

*walks on stage*

Oh haaaaaaaai!!!

*dodges the various random flaming projectiles launched at him*

Well!

It's been a while kiddies, life came at me sideways, did horrible things to my face, pinned me down and asked me to thank it for it's time.

Now that that's over...

Im baaaack!

I am currently putting some energy after class everyday into Leyline. Too little has been placed on paper yet to get a real feel for how long its gonna take, but it'll be a few weeks. With x-mas break coming up and me having no place to go I would hope I could get it up by the end of the year. In any case, I'm working on it now, making some art for the game including 3d models (I've found my forte ^^) and I'll be keeping you all posted on the progress as I go.

In the meantime... is anyone still interested in hearing what was planned for RS?

Lemme know guys.

Laters!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm 
*kicks the Xen bunny's butt so that he writes faster* Quickly Peasant!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 pm 
AOL: Krail9
Knowing what spoilers you've already told me, I'm certainly interested in hearing how things were gonna turn out with a certain character or two.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:22 am 
I certainly still want to know. And I sympathize with being busy. I certainly have been myself. Taking 4 grad classes in a semester tends to do that to you. Will be for the next week or so, considering I've got two 10pg papers with 15 minute presentations, plus a two-man 30-45 presentation, and a 10 person usability study all due in the next two weeks... then finals!

Yeah.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG