Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:23 am 
I'm thinking some time in the early part of 2007, but DO NOT take that as anything but my current speculation. Even assuming the playtesting is done when I think it will be, I'm going to have to wait for Pete to have time to help me on the finishing details. And then we have to get it printed, which will take some time. So, yeah. Basically, it'll come out when it comes out.

Post subject: Status
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:33 pm 
AOL: JayLv99
Hey, what's the status on this? Has it been discontinued?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:59 pm 
This needs to be stickied.

And I wouldn't mind an update, either, seeing as I'm really interested in this, but didn't get to play test it.

Stupid non-participators who got in...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Done.

My group has enjoyed the game, and that is all I will say. We aren't playing it currently because my classwork is keeping me from having any coherent week-to-week plot.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:09 pm 
Whoa. I knew there was a way to get people to post on this thread... Stop looking at it for a few weeks! But, yeah. The playtesting is mostly done, other than a bit for December on my end... And, frankly, it's gone better than I dared to hope. Like, people seem to like my game and stuff. It's seriously amazing.

So, I'm going to be doing some minor revisions in December (and maybe into January, just because some "minor" things can take surprisingly long, particularly when you're working with old Adobe file types in new Adobe software), and then it's all a matter of when Pete has time to work with me on finishing stuff, and then on to the printing.

So, yeah. Progress is being made. Rock on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:16 pm 
Yay! Sooo, early 2007, maybe? A new game store just opened in the area.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:42 pm 
I'd just like to say that I was in on Brent's most recent playtesting session and had a ROCKING good time. Have to be careful not do disclose anything rule-wise, super secret agreements and such, but we had a blast. My black-ops Elven Ninja found himself trapped in a horrifying parody of the Princess Bride where he was destined to fall in love with... a cigar smoking Teddy Ruxpin doll! Then there were the argentinian gem smugglers and people bound by mystical corn-cobs... and that was BEFORE it started getting weird. :)

The system is lots of fun, and I think the book really captures the insane spirit of sluggy. The ways it brings a comedic/slapstick mechanic into every character, and lets you play ANYTHING is ingenious. Some of us may be doing a few more small playtestings in North Jersey (Morristown area) if anyone's interested in dropping by (if Brent's cool with that), and hopefully this thing will be ready to roll ASAP!

<b>The best thing was, watching this whole past week I could see the rules for the game perfectly covering it, as everyone's flaws/ridiculous foibles play out. This shall be an awesome complement to the sluggy universe!</b>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:17 pm 
Wow. I swear I didn't pay him to say all that.

Kieran, you rock. And if I had a budget, I would totally hire you to advertise the game for me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:05 am 
No, you didn't, though there's no reason you can't after the fact! *grins*

Just tested out our first Pun Demon. A big one. Didn't go so well for the little Ohio river town, I hear they're still trying to get the fish out of their ears.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:52 am 
Hurry up and get it out! These descriptions are making the wait worse! :torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:43 pm 
Aw, sorry, twas just trying to keep the interest up. :P I know Brent's working on it, though Pete's schedule is obviously going to be crazy this month too.

As a bonus, we're already coming up with ideas for possible future supplements to follow!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am 
And for the record, I do have permission from Brent to try and sneak anyone who can make it to the north Jersey area in for a session or three!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:02 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arrange this by PM, boys and girls; posting personal data here is (how do you say) bad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:54 am 
Well... Yeah.

Thanks for looking out for our well-being, Mensh.
Except any psycho-stalkers who are reading. You're not looking out for their well-being at all.
But that's okay, right?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:46 am 
Goatlord42 wrote:
And for the record, I do have permission from Brent to try and sneak anyone who can make it to the north Jersey area in for a session or three!

I wish. Of course, even after it comes out, I think I might have a problem finding people to play with. Methinks I'm going to have to start spending a lot more time at the local game store.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG