Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject: Damn! too Late!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:50 am 
Logged on too late to make the deadline! I was actualy signing on to see it there was a game available, rpg or other... must now gow on manic spree inflicting pain on co-workers, not that it will be anything new.... :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:51 pm 
Oookaaay....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:15 pm 
*laugh* Or you can just pick up the book when it comes out.

Then you can make a character who can go on a manic spree, inflicting pain on co-workers.

And 'possums. Because inflicting pain on 'possums is a good thing.

Unless you're a 'possum. You're not a 'possum, are you?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:20 pm 
I've got a question. If Zindaar or Occupant doesn't send in the NDAs (assuming they haven't already), what will you do? I don't suppose they can talk about it here, can they? After all, this is the Sluggy forum. Then again, it's also viewable by anyone, not just members, so I guess not. I guess we could get lucky and Zindaar won't notice anything. After all, it's not like s/he actually does anything here. Nor does Occupant for that matter. Still, just kinda curious.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:44 pm 
*grin* Well, no one's getting the book until I've got their NDA, so there's that... Anyway, they've both told me it's on the way or will be soon (yeah, I've already got Skitz's), so I'm not too worried.

Zindaar actually created his account when Pete posted about the game on the main page, just so he could try to get in on the playtesting. And Occupant just seems to be a man (guessing; it sounds like a masculine screenname, anyway) of few words. I keep meaning to introduce him to some people I know in person, and see if he can teach them his secret of taciturnity.

Anyway, is there a factor I'm missing or something?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:35 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Query: I'm gonna have somewhere between six and twelve people showing up tonight for my first session, during which I will be running some filler (probably Zombies!!!) and giving out NDAs to my regulars. I assume that you want the game tested by a standard sized group (ie ~6 +/-2) of players?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:04 pm 
Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. But yeah, that general range sounds good. I'm not looking to interfere too much in your gaming atmosphere; I figure if everyone does basically what feels right to them, I'll get feedback from two or three different types of groups, which is a good thing.

The one major piece of instruction I have for you is this: Have fun!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Always with the conditions...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:55 am 
Kahn wrote:
*grin* Well, no one's getting the book until I've got their NDA, so there's that... Anyway, they've both told me it's on the way or will be soon (yeah, I've already got Skitz's), so I'm not too worried.

Zindaar actually created his account when Pete posted about the game on the main page, just so he could try to get in on the playtesting. And Occupant just seems to be a man (guessing; it sounds like a masculine screenname, anyway) of few words. I keep meaning to introduce him to some people I know in person, and see if he can teach them his secret of taciturnity.

Anyway, is there a factor I'm missing or something?

No, not really. I'm just being a little bitter that two people that don't even participate on the forums (well, barely) got in. Especially since one of them only joined to get in on the action. I was just kinda ranting. I'll be patient, though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 am 
It's cool, my friend. And I am laboring to put the game into your hands as soon as I know it's good enough, and we can get it printed.

But now, I'm off to Dragon*Con...

Further bulletins as events warrant, or some junk.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:49 am 
Cannot wait! One thing you can answer (please), how much is this going to cost?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:56 pm 
Honestly, we're not sure. Pete and I need to work out our printing options. RPG books are running about $30 these days (stupid Wizards of the Coast, charging exhorbitant prices, just 'cause we're willing to pay them *grin*), and we were hoping to make it a bit cheaper than that, maybe around $25. No guarantees about the exact price, though, since we're not sure who's going to be doing the printing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:35 am 
sooo...
has anything more happened with the game? like is it still being playtested or are you hammering out there findings?
or is it the get nifty game? it doesnt seem likely to me that it would be but better to ask than to feel stupid when you say "hey its in the store"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:09 pm 
YES!
And...
YES!
And...
NO!
And...
MORE YES! LOTS OF YES! IMAGINE THE "CLOSE TO THE EDGE" ALBUM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND THAT'S HOW MUCH YES THERE IS HERE!

The yes's were to "has anything more happened with the game," "is it still being playtested," and "are you hammering out there findings," in that order. Yes, that's three questions, and there were only two initial yes's; deal with it! But, yeah. There is playtesting. There is playtesting that has finished. There is playtesting in progress. There is playtesting that has not happened yet. And I am on those findings with a sledgehammer, and a sickle too, just to be all Communist! We are playtesting the living hell out of this thing! Because I am determined to make it rock before I get it to you! And Pete's even more determined, 'cause that's Pete for you!

The no was to "is it the get nifty game." This is a totally independent project. I've never even talked to Rob Balder (the guy who designed Get Nifty), though I'm sure he's a pretty cool guy. Anyway, his comic, PartiallyClips, is pretty damn funny. But yeah, that's not the first time I've gotten that question, and I'm just as happy to get it out of the way in some official capacity. (Yeah, you heard me. The forums are official capacity.)

All the rest of the yes's were on general priniple. 'Cause nothing not worth doing on general principle is worth doing, unless you actually have a reason to do it, in which case you don't need to invoke general principle.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:15 pm 
So, any idea on a release time? Even a ball-park date?

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG