Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
There's a new elf in town, folks are looking for armor.

The offer for the Wolfen armor is pretty firm; he'll allow himself to be talked down a thousand; but 44 grand is as low as he'll go. So far as Sorren knows, it's a good price; but only Malimas has any real skill at assaying this kind of thing.

Valerie finds that there is only one enchanted suit of armor suitable for gnomes; and it's heavier than she's really trained for (chain mail). She can wear it; but it will slow her down. Suitable heavy leather armor can be had at the armory, though.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Sorren nods, then goes to find Malimas. He approaches the other man, waiting for a break in his conversations.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if you would come and look at some armor I was wanting to purchace. I wanted your opinion on it, and perhaps some help in bargaining."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:05 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Did Timar have any luck negotiating on the price of the bow? And how much repair work does his armor need?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:31 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
+The bow? That was the final price; and he had no luck talking it down (enchanted bows are very uncommon). His armor needs a great deal of work; frankly, he would be much better served getting heavier armor now that he can afford it. Most everyone is in that situation, btw; starting armor is on the light side... mages can get a heavier grade of leather, fighters should be looking at metal armor.

As for enchanted armor; while the really good stuff can be very expensive, a moderately good set can be had for under ten grand (assuming it's in stock).+

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:58 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Malimas looks up at the Wolfen, putting the pen into his pouch. "Yeah, sure, I could help you out with that. What exactly are we looking at?" He follows Sorren and looks at the armor.

He then pulls Sorren aside. "How much is the asking price?" When Malimas hears the answer, his eyebrows shoot up. "Really? Well, I'll be quite honest, I think if that's the lowest he'll go, you're definitely coming out on the much better end of that deal."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:12 am 
The elf spots Timar, a human with an apparently abundant amount of money to spend, as he looks over the magical gear. He rises from his chair, making his way over to the counter and flashing Timar a smile.
"Well met, friend. My name's Valandir, and I see you've been down into the dungeon, yes? After you've finished shopping, perhaps you'd let me buy you a drink, and we can talk. I'm interested in information, and I'm also looking to join up with some people to help clean out this vile place. You look like a good man to discuss these things with, am I right?"

OOC EDIT: I understand, I just want a list for reference down the line. Thanks, that fleshes me out pretty well for starters. I'm taking to keeping notes for your games, it just makes my life easier both online and in real life, lol. ;-)

Last edited by Celadon on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:22 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Valerie is a gnome warlock (elemental magic)
Sorren is a wolfen psi of some kind
Timar is a human longbowman
Syrim is an elfen diabolist (rune mage)
Malimas is a human thief
Ivellios is a human ranger
Greylock is a human paladin
Craven is a human assassin

None of this is known yet, of course.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:11 pm 
Valerie has a short conversation with the innkeeper. Promises are made, addresses exchanged and a large chunk of Valerie's share is handed over to the innkeeper.

"Well, its a load off my mind, to be sure," she says. "I'd rather handle it meself, but I'm not one to walk out of a thing half done, be it daughter rescuin' or vampire huntin'. Iffin I don't return, you, or whoever you ask to do this, be careful. These men are stupid and greedy. And that's a bad combination all way round." She pauses, catching the innkeeper's eyes and holding them, "Thank you," she says, clearly and earnestly.

With that, she heads over to the armory to see about better armor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:16 pm 
+OK, thanks. Timar will be checking out armor, spending up to 15K (IF he ABSOLUTELY has to. I'd like not to spend everything on armor, but...) Timar wants to walk away from this with much of the credit spent, new armor, a new set of durable, comfortable clothing including footgear, the aforementioned healing stuff and extra archery support supplies, and end up with at least 1,000 cash left.+

Timar looks up from his shopping in surprise as the elf speaks to him. Stifling an impulse to look down at his worn garb, he replies,"Well met, indeed. As it happens, I am one of those most recently in the dungeon. I'd be happy to share my tale, although as it involves others, they should be included as well". Timar allows his eyes to travel over the elf's armor and weapon, then returns to his eyes. "And they also should be there if it is your intent to ask to accompany us.". Timar extends his hand to the elf. "Perhaps you would be willing to join us at [the next meal]?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The innkeeper sketches a slight bow to Valerie. "Sister; may I be of no use. However, if needs must, I know a dragon who is willing to do me an occasional favor. She enjoys taking advantage of `stupidity'. One way or the other, the debt will be at an end."

As mentioned, Valerie can find a suit of enchanted chain; but she's not really trained to use it. The dwarves in the smithy have a suit of studded leather she can buy; it covers more than her old one did, can take about twice as much abuse, and they'll let her have it for 250.

Timar can find a number of ordinary suits of armor at the smithy (the most expensive one of which is 1500, though he's not a full plate type). There's one suit in the Alchemists shop which catches his eye, given the price; for 7,500 he can get a suit of plate and chain which weighs little more than a suit of studded leather (and so is rather less hinderance to getting around or trying to sneak than most other metal armors).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:59 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Thank you."

He forks over the money, trying to figure out how much he has left, before he browses the rest of the shop, looking for goodies.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:43 pm 
Timar will take the alchemist's armor. He'll try to bargain (although if the 7500 is the post-bargain price, he'll pay it).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:32 pm 
Vanadir shakes the man's hand firmly, obviously glad he picked the man out. "Sounds good. I'd love to hear about your travels so far. I'd be delighted to meet you and your companions [at whatever meeting time/place is set up]."

EIDT: Fxeid my gmermar and sillpneg. You konw, sduteis sohw taht ploepe can slitl raed wrods as lnog as tiehr fsrit and lsat ltreets raimen in pcale.

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:11 pm 
Valerie thanks the innkeeper and heads out to the armory. There, she buys the studded leather and heads back to her room to make sure it fits correctly. She is also beginning to think about summoning another elemental, an earth elemental. She makes a mental note to talk to Syrim to see if she has any runes that might make it easier.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
+At this point, most of the players don't check in all that often (if at all), so I'll cardboard their shopping; and note that for now, most of what might be `interesting' are potions of various kinds, scrolls, rings, medallions, and other ways to cast spells for those who aren't spell casters. There are a fair number of other interesting things there, and many theoretically affordable; but most aren't strictly relevant right now.

That said, there are a few that are intriguing. There are a couple of monocles that permit vision in the dark (40 feet) that he's asking 7,000 each for, a rope that can be thrown up in the air and will anchor itself there (80 gold a foot; proof against ordinary blades and fire costs an additional 200 per foot), magic firestarters (20 uses for 150 gold); and one rather old scroll which has the Circle of Rain spell on it (not commonly found on scrolls), which he will let go for 4,500. That latter makes it rain in a circle 100 feet across, even indoors...+

Timar winds up paying the 7,500 for the armor. It's a bit binding; but certainly much easier to move in than any other metal armor he's worn. Valerie finds the armor fits reasonably well; she could have it taken in a bit here and there, but it'll do. When she talks to Syrim, Syrim demurs: "I do not know how you talk to them, so I can't help. Does the ley line under the temple make it easier?"

And when shopping is done, everyone eventually winds up out in the common room; where the newcomer can be found.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG