Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:40 am 
Here's the final corrected version of Peter:

CCC wrote:
Name: Peter Piper

Calling: Peter Piper is a somewhat simpleminded cook. However, he defines his happiness in terms of the happiness of others; that is to say, his calling in life is to make everyone else happy. His cooking, therefore, concentrates mainly on desserts and sweets.

Purpose: He wants somewhere to belong. Somewhere to settle down and live, where his talents are appreciated and the people are happy to see him. Of course, he wants to settle down in the best place - he's currently looking around, hoping to find that place.

History: Peter Piper grew up in the Hidden Valley. Born of bandits, raised by bandits, in a village that moved every two weeks and survived only by continual theft; surrounded on all sides by nothing but rocks, rocks, and more rocks. Food was always short; Peter learnt to cook and did what he could to make it taste better, but taste only helps so much when there really isn't enough to go around. And no-one was ever very happy, in the Hidden Valley.

The first time that Peter joined in a raiding party (into the Emirate Crater), it was a revolution. There was green stuff just growing out of the ground! Organic material, just there for the taking!

Subsequent experiments in grass-based cookery did not go well; but one of the older raiders, who had heard the legends of Villa Lau, told Peter where the Emirate's grain came from (originally, before the raiders stole it). Told him the tale of a place where people actually have occasional reason to smile. To be happy. A place where life can be enjoyed, not merely lived.

Peter promptly resolved to find such a place, should it exist. The other raiders did not hide their opinion of Peter's expedition - it was likely just a complex form of suicide.

But Peter felt that he had to take the risk; for the reward offered made it worth taking the chance.

Appearance: Peter is tall - a smidgen under six foot - and thin. Outside of the Hidden Valley, he has little trouble finding things to smile about. His hair is a dark black, and his skin is tanned; he has green eyes and all his teeth. Though fate appears to conspire to his favour, he does not seem to have noticed yet; he moves through life in a sort of cheerful obliviousness, a sort of vague idea that nothing really bad can ever happen to anyone...

Strength: 2 - Able to manage reasonably well
Perception: 1 - Oblivious to just about everything
Endurance: 3 - Above average endurance
Charisma: 4 - Generally has little trouble getting people to smile
Intelligence: 1 - Really not the smartest person around
Agility: 4 - Surprisingly agile
Luck: 5 - The very laws of physics seem to occasionally bend to his will (the laws of probability certainly do)

Tagged skills:
Stewardship - Peter was the cook for the bandit tribe in the Hidden Valley for several years. He can do a lot with a very limited set of ingredients, and knows how to set up a camp.
Fencing - No bandit survives long without some idea of how to use a weapon of some sort. Usually a last resort; Peter really does not like fighting.
Cheering people up - Peter has an almost instinctive understanding of just what to say to put a smile on someone's face.

Equipment:
Small portable solar stove (originally stolen from Silicate Vale)
Rapier, reasonably well-made
Portable spice rack - it doesn't take much in the way of spices to really improve a good meal, though Peter does need to refill this on occasion

Perk: Finding stuff. If he knows what he's looking for, Peter usually has a good idea of which way to go to find it.

Disadvantage: Fear of being alone: When Peter first left the Hidden Valley, he was alone - completely, totally, alone - for the first time in his life. This experience scared him badly - if he is ever left alone, or if he has reason to believe that a companion has left (or is about to leave) permanently, he tends to fall into despair. This, naturally, includes any time that a companion looks like they are about to die.

Swapped out Cooking for Stewardship, Swordmastery for Fencing. Added Rocky the pet rock.

Edit - Removed Rocky the pet rock

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
CCC wrote:
Added Rocky the pet rock.

Must you?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 pm 
Salamander wrote:
CCC wrote:
Added Rocky the pet rock.

Must you?

Well, I don't have to, as such. I'd thought of Rocky as a sort of roleplaying tool; something for Peter to talk to should he ever go off on his own for whatever reason, to give some insight into his state of mind when there's no-one else to talk to, without resorting to italicised thoughts.

I'm not all that attached to it, I can easily take it out.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:53 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Godot said he'd be here...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 am 
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Waiting for a post from Skitzo and an update for Dinn. Is it a bad sign that I need my player-poking stick this early?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 am 
AOL: FritzFrosch85
poop man, I don't get on a computer unless it's for work these days. Let me go look at what I need to change.

Ok. I increased all of my non-max stats by one point. Good to go.

Oh and I made this. Thanks for the layout FB.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Nice looking map, but somehow the Southern Waste and Oyster Midden are supposed to connect. I get the feeling that the waste is supposed to be somewhat amoeboid, reaching up between the various regions.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 am 
Also, the Hidden Valley connects to the Emirate Crater. It's a nice-looking map, despite its flaws.

I've finally gone back to Peter's final character sheet and removed Rocky the pet rock. If I ever need to show what he's thinking, I can use italics.

I like 'puppy man'. It's pretty accurate, and very descriptive in very few words.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:17 am 
Cafka thinks a lot of dog-based thoughts.
If she was smarter, she might call Peter, Omega.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 am 
She might, but I think that would be less accurate. When faced with danger or authority, I would expect an omega to slink away, trying not to be noticed. An omega would, in short, feel fear.

Peter, on the other hand, tends more toward being a fearless fool (warning: TVTropes link)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 pm 
The biggest problem with it is that there's no "bounded fields" region. The Bounded Fields is the area all the regions are in.

Still, it's good for conceptualizing.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Doesn't Adrian have a horse and wagon of his own?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I think I asked for one but was unsure if I ever got to have one. It may have been too early in the game for me to be able to afford one, I think. I do plan on getting one for myself eventually, though.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Two quick questions: how long is the shorter trip supposed to take, and how is the party actually fixed for food compared to that trip?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 pm 
Caravan: Locksmith Ox Cart
%Speed: Slow (Unestimated)
%Capacity: Moderate (Unestimated)
%Load: Unencumbered (Unestimated)
%%6 Locksmith Sealed Trunks
%% Locksmith Supply Sack (Large)

Supplies: 6 Days
%42 Locksmith Daily Provisions (1 day food 1 day water each)

Keys: 600

Jobs
%Deliver 6 Locksmith Mystery Trunks to Horseshoe Meadow
%%Known Routes: Emirate Road (~7 days, arrival at evening estimated), Northern Loop (~9 days, arrival at mid-morning estimated)
%%Known Risks: Emirate Tribute
---
Adrian does indeed not have a horse and wagon. That's beyond the level of starting equipment.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG