Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3848
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
As Ganmon runs off, Dynamon looks up at Lynn and says "I'm going to go check on Takamon, OK?" Lynn nods to him, and he goes back to the crater by the time Ganmon returns with Karie in tow. Once she arrives, Lynn cocks her head to the side and says "Game? I'm not sure that's the term I'd use after almost getting smashed by a giant gargoyle, but I guess so. I'm Lynn - looking forward to working with you." She then holds out her hand to Karie, and smiles.

Dynamon, meanwhile, gently pokes the bird-flavored pancake a couple of times. "Takamon, you OK there?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
"Well that was something." Abel says with a relieved sigh. He takes a moment to set Caudamon down, then turns to the others. "Introductions, great. Abel Bolívar, this is Nymphmon."

Caudamon glares at Abel before giving him a smack with its tail, which knocks the boy onto his behind. Caudamon takes a few steps onto the boy then gives him a hard look in the eyes. "My name is Caudamon now, not Nymphmon. Please keep that in mind for future introduction, Abel dear, or you will make me sound like some sort of petulant child." Abel rolls his eyes, but nods, then looks back to the others. "Caudamon then. Anyways, hate to be rude, but maybe we should move somewhere else? Somewhere another giant monster is less likely to attack us maybe? Or somewhere the same monster from before won't be able to find us at?" He stands up, Caudamon standing by his side, and then glances around the clearing. "If nothing else, we should probably get some bearing of where we are, and find a fresh source of water. Something bigger than that little brook."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:02 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 4426
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Location: Kampai!!
"TAKA!" Kai's sprinting the moment Ganmon crashes into Takamon and is by her side in moments, helping push Ganmon off of her bird.

"Taka? You okay?"

"I can taste colors."

"..."

"And I taste.... FAB - U - LOS!" Taka stands and shakes herself off, forming into a puffball of ruffled feathers and crystals. "Seriously, however, that's the last time I play catcher..." She shoots a glare at Ganmon, "I have discovered that a mixture of heavy Digimon and hollow bones made for flying don't mix well."

Kai tackles and hugs Takamon, "Are you going to turn back into Porimon? Cause frankly, I like this better!"

Taka shakes her head, "Unless we get super exhausted, this will be our normal forms. ...how do I know that?"

Kai pokes around on the shiny new cell phone, "Seems like any info you have is in here..." Kai notes one's stats and upon noticing the phone cannot tell Kai's gender, grins. Kai then looks up and shakes Lynn's hand, "Lynn and Dynamon - nice to meet you! I'm Kai, this is Takamon!"

Takamon chirps and then tries out some varied forms of birdsong, entertaining herself with her new form.

Kai smiles widely at her, "Adorable." Kai then spots Karie and gives a grin, "You supposed to be some sort of badass or summat?" Kai has a trace of an Irish Accent that doesn't really seem to appear unless some form of playful teasing is occurring.

At the smack Caudamon gives Abel, Takamon fluffs up, "Hey! Don't go smacking your trainer! Some of us worked really hard to meet them! Show some respect... sheesh." Kai pulls Abel to his feet with a surprising amount of strength for someone so small.

"Anyone else the least bit concerned by the fact we've all been teleported?" Kai pokes at the digital code part of a nearby tree, "...like inside a computer... the hell?"

Taka flutters up and lands on Kai's shoulder, quite light for such a big bird. "Welcome to the Digital World!"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3848
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn looks surprised as Kai intercepts her handshake ordering to Karie, and manages to get out a "Nice to..." before Kai runs off to heckle Karie and pick up Abel. She finishes with a confused "...meet you too?" then shrugs and puts her hand down.

Once Kai points out the oddness of the landscape around her, she looks closer, as if noticing it for the first time. "Digital world, huh?" she mutters, pulling out the strange yellow phone to try and get more info.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 4426
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Location: Kampai!!
Kai zips back over to Lynn, "Oh hai!" Kai finishes the handshaking, causing Taka to bob up and down, "Sorry bout that... little overwhelmed by it all. This place is... neat. Weird, but neat."

"I could say the same about your world..."

"We have bird treats and perches."

"Sold."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Is everyone alright?" Meiya walks over to join the others, Manekimon following just behind... whose tail starts twitching when he sees Takamon.

"And does anyone know where we are?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
"Respect, birdbrain, is earned, not given. And all my human's done so far is press a button, hardly a task worthy of respect."

'You just, really aren't trying very hard to win anyone over, are you." Abel says bluntly.

"I don't have to win anyone, Abel dear, they'll come to me willingly in time. After all, I'm graceful, elegant, powerful, and quite modest, if I say so myself. A force of personality like myself sways everyone eventually."

Abel merely buries his head in his hands as a response, groaning slightly. "This schtick is going to get really old, really fast." he mumbles to himself, before turning towards Meiya. "For now? I'm great. Fantastic. For being stuck in a place I've never heard of, surrounded by a bunch of people I've never met, and dealing with monsters of varying size that can talk, reason, and unleash superpowers greater than that of any real animal, I feel like a million bucks." There's a hard edge of sarcasm in his voice. Then he pauses. "Sorry." He says after a moment. "I'm just....freaking out a little here. And I'm worried that that thing might come back. With friends. Or worse, we'll find out it was one of the smaller creatures that live in this forest. Hence my increasing desire to get out of here. And this one isn't helping calm my nerves." He says pointing at Caudamon, who huffs and turns its back on Abel.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8158
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Everyone seems to be alright," Kohaku replies in response to Meiya's question. "Though I can only really vouch for myself and maybe Diamon... You alright, Diamon?"
"I'm alright."
"She's alright."

Taking a second to look around, Kohaku confirms it to himself before commenting further. "I don't really know where we are, either, but I think we should follow the aforementioned advice of not being here anymore. I'd rather not put up with whatever that thing was in case it decides to come back."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2244
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Location: Current Mood: KILL ALL HUMANS
"Badass?" Karie's frown turns up in to a confident smirk. "I like the sound of that, Shorty. You all can call me Karie; it's my gamer tag."

As the discussion turns towards leaving the area, Karie picks up her phone again and says, "Less talking, more walking." She presses the Map Minder icon to see if it's exactly as labelled on the tin.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
As if to punctuate some concerns, there is a rumbling sound far off in the distance.

The Map Minder is indeed a map of the area. However, it only zooms out to a distance of a few miles. To the west, apparently, there is nothing but forest. To the east, Karie can see a path, and what appears to be a cluster of buildings along it. Also, that path is in the direction of the glowing beam of light in the far distance. Gargoylemon had left to the Northeast, however.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:13 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2244
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Location: Current Mood: KILL ALL HUMANS
Smoothly sliding the phone in to her pocket, Karie turns towards the East, towards the glowing beam of light. "Let's go, Ganmon." Ganmon starts walking up behind her nodding, and then turns his head. "Ummm... aren't we gonna wait for the others?" Karie gives a chuckle, and says, "They're the ones that wanted to get out of this field. If they want to practice what they preach they'll follow us anyway."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Everyone seems to be fine... so--" Meiya sees Karie walking off by herself. "Wait!" She starts jogging after her. "Don't just go off on your own! We need to stick together."

"And of course you follow right after her..." Manekimon trails along, muttering under his breath.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8158
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Anywhere is better than here, I suppose..." Kohaku says as he follows off after Karie and Meiya. "And if that last scuffle was was any indication, we may be safer in a group. I'll stick with you guys if you'll have us along."
"I hope to get to know the rest of you well..."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3848
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn, who had previously started checking out her device, has now become completely engrossed in it. She goes "mmm-hmm" to Kai's handshake (while going along with it anyway), Abel's panic attack, Karie's wandering off, and several attempts by Dynamon to shake her out of it, only finally emerging from her reverie once Dynamon starts poking her in the side with his sharp claws. She jumps, looks down at the little dragon, who now points at the rest of the group starting to wander off, and lets out an "Eep!" and starts hurrying along after them, hollering "hey, wait up!"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
As the six kids and their new creature pals walk through the forest, the sense of isolation only grows. The trees begin to grow deeper together, and less light shines through. In the upper tree branches a series of vine like structures begin to web throughout, occasionally giving off a faint hum or crackling sound.

Slowly a rushing sound is audible ahead. Suddenly there is a break in the trees, leaving the group on the shore of a wide, fast moving river. Easily 25 feet across, the river also sees quite deep. The water is strange, oddly pale, as if there is only a single layer of blue over emptiness, but the stones in the river show clearly how fast the water must be moving.

There is only one tree near the river, a low hanging one leaning out a third of the way over the water, its "vines" trailing in the current, but on the far bank the trees grow much closer, within 10 feet of the edge. There is little to no deadfall on the ground, but there are a great many rocks, and large stones are scattered throughout the river's path.

A quick check of the Map Minder shows a streak of blue suddenly be drawn in, as if not there before, that matches the path of the river as far as they can see. The village is another mile or two past the water. If they wish to reach it, they must travel across.

Top 
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: