Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:06 am 
"If this is a practical joke, it sure is an elaborate one. As far as I know no place in Florida looks like this, let alone San Agustín."

"That's cause you're in the File Forest, stupid, not wherever you said." Abel takes a moment to poignantly ignore the insult and looks down at his salamander "partner."

"And where is that, exactly?"

"Here."

Abel opens his mouth, as if about to speak, then shuts it, getting the distinct feeling that it's a bad idea to talk back, at least for the moment. Instead he turns his attention back to the group at large, where he notices the phone that Karie's playing with and suddenly remembers the weird item he put in his pocket. He pulls out his own phone, being careful not to let it near the water as he flips it open. He examines it only for a moment, before being intimidated by the incredibly foreign looking everything about it, closing it and slipping it back into his pocket.

"So...uh...who are you guys?" He says unsure of just about everything.

"Hey, Raimon!" Nymphmon says, placing its forefeet up on a rock and raising itself out of the brook. "What's your human like? Is she as dumb as mine? She looks like a close second."

"Hey! That's no way to talk about someone other than me! Be nice!"

"It's a compliment. You're still the bestest human at being dumb, don't worry."

A blur hits Abel's face, and then his hand slowly drops, leaving a nice red mark on his forehead. "Not what I meant."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"And what is your name?" Meiya asks the 'mon who has by now burrowed into her lap as she scratches it behind the ears.

"..."

"..."

"..."

Meiya pointedly stops scratching, and Konemon gives her a reproachful look.

"Well?"

"Pet me."

"Not until you tell me your name."

"PET ME!"

"Naaaame."

Konemon pointedly looks away... but finally grudgingly replies, "Konemon. Oh. Oh yes. Yes. Right there..." and practically melts into a puddle as Meiya scratches a certain spot.

"Told the others humans could be used... useful! USEFUL! I meant useful!" the cat-like Digimon corrects himself quickly.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:32 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"HEY!" Raimon and Lynn yell at the same time, as Lynn stands and the little Digimon leaps into her chest, causing her to quickly catch it and hold it in her arms. Raimon turns its body around, and yells "I do not have a dumb human! I have an awesome human! We're going to go an adventure together!" It then growls at Nymphmon, showing its sharp teeth.

Lynn, meanwhile, just glares at the little critter, and says "You've got a bit of a mouth on you, don't you?" She then walks towards Abel, and holds one of her hands out to him, the other still beneath the body of her Digimon. "Hey there. I'm Lynn - you said you're Abel, right? You're from Florida?"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:49 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Karie continues to fiddle with the phone as Pebbimon yammers on at her.

"Hey, Karie."

"Kaariieee"

"Karie Karie"

"WHAT?!" Her attention diverted from the phone, she turns and casts a sharp glare at the tiny rock 'digimon' behind her. Pebbimon shrinks back a little and then says, "So who are your friends?"

Friends.

The mere mention of the word is enough to send a strong chill down Karie's spine.

"I don't have any friends."

Turning to show her anger, she continues, "and I don't need any friends. I don't know who you or anyone else here are, but once I figure out what's going on, I'm off."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:54 am 
"Well, me and my dumb human are gonna go on an even awesomer adventure. Or maybe we'll just take yours and be better at it than you ever could be." Nymphmon says, sticking its long tongue out at its fellow Digimon, until a small thwack on the head from Abel causes it to bite down. "Owwwwwwwwww! You meanie! I changed my mind Raimon, your human's not dumb. Trade me." Though the words are a bit mangled by the Digimon's sore tongue.

Abel raises his hand to shake Lynn's, but doesn't get up from his position on the ground. "Yeah. Abel Bolívar. And yes, I'm from Florida. Born in Barcelona," he pauses for a second, "er, Venezuela, not Spain, but my papá moved to San Agustín when I was really little." He releases Lynn's hand, and lets an awkward silence settle before snapping back to attention. "Oh, man, I'm being rude. May I ask where you're from, and how you got here? Were you doing the ARG thing too? I thought it was some sort of weird hacker prank at first, but then I found a USB sealed in a plastic bag near one of my favorite diving spots and things got weird."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:59 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"Hey! No human is dumb Nymphmon!!" Porimon snaps from her position nuzzled against Kai. "And anyhow we can't trade! We're bound to our humans now."

"...hey Porimon..." Kai holds the little bird-ball at arms length.

"Hmm?"

"...how are you doing that?" Kai tilts one's head to the side.

"Doing what?"

"...speaking in blue?"

"Blue? OH!!! You mean talking like this?"

"Yea! That's weird! How are you doing that?! How do I even know it's blue... this place is strange." Kai looks around at the others for the first time.

"That's easy silly! I'm using my Digi-Voice! It's how I chatted with you before."

"...Digi-Voice."

"Digi-Voice!" Porimon chirps.

"So let me get this straight..." Kai takes in the other Digimon and their humans, "We've all been somehow transported here from all over the world. We each have this little cell phone dealies, an adorable Digimon - each of whom can speak in a different Digi-Voice that somehow sounds like a friggen color... we're in some place called The File Forest and together we're each going to go on adventures?"

"That's right!"

"...Bad. Ass." Kai huggles Porimon again, "Hey Porimon?"

"Hmm?"

"...keep talking in blue, it's awesome."

"Kay!"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am 
"Digi-Voice?" Pebbimon turns to look at Porimon, tilts quizzically, and then bounces. "Oh right! Digi-voice!"

Karie narrows her eyes, but ignores the silliness going on around her. Meanwhile, Pebbimon rolls over to Porimon.

"I'm so jealous, Porimon! You already knew your human, huh? I wish I could have met Karie early!" Shifting its one-eyed stare to Kai, Pebbimon continues happily, "But we're all here now, right? Nice to meet you!"

Turning back to Karie, Pebbimon shouts, "See? It's easy to make friends! Just say 'nice to meet you'!"

Karie takes pause, slides the phone in to her pocket, having had no luck getting a signal, and marches over to Pebbimon. "That. Wasn't. The. Issue. Listen, Pebbimon, I don't care if you're a Digimon or a f***ing animated pet rock. Don't bother me unless you have something important to say with a real answer, such as 'What this place is' and 'How do I leave.'" Her Chicago accent gets stronger and stronger with each sentence as her tone gets angrier and angrier.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
The conversations are interrupted, however, by another series of beeps from the phones. Those who look at them see a series of icons now on the screen. They are "Map Minder", "Digitionary", and, twice as large as the other icons, "Tamer Guide".

Even this surprise, however is swept away by a repeat of that earlier rumbling cry....much closer. The ground shakes and the trees are whipped by a powerful wind. There is a sound of small creatures fleeing in all directions, wildlife fleeing the path of the predator.

The phones beep once again, and show an image of a strange creature. Colored white, with a tall, ungainly bipedal body, the creature had blue claws on both its long legs and hands, and a pair of white wings jutting from the shoulderblades. Strangest of all, it appears to be strapped in belts along its limbs, its midsection, and a pair covering its eyes. The phones show a name as well. "GARGOYLMON".

And just in time, as the same creature, easily 25 feet tall, slams through the trees, sees the kids, and roars. A voice speaks from all six phones. "BATTLE MODE ACTIVATE."

OOC: Ok, here is the start of battle mode, but right now you're a bit outmatched, I'd say! Baby level mons all have the same stats. 1 in everything.

But let's have a brief discussion of the battle system. Rolls are decided on a d20 opposed roll. Stats add a basic bonus to each roll. A human/mon pair gets 3 physical actions at any time, but giving commands and accessing the phone are free actions unless otherwise indicated. More will be revealed as we go, but we got a giant angry looking monster, so hop to it!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 pm 
Eh?

BATTLE MODE ACTIVATED

EH!?

"KARIE LOOK OUT!"

EHHHHH?!!?!?!

Karie stumbles backwards, mouth agape at the giant creature in front of her, as Pebbimon leaps in front of her and... Blows Bubbles?

<Action 1. Pebbimon - Bubble Blow @ Gargoylmon>

What.

The shock wears off almost instantly at that really underwhelming attack. "...Pebbimon, what was that? F***ing BUBBLES?!"

"Hey, that's mean!"

Karie stands up adjusts her hat, and glares. "I don't know what you are or what this place is... but clearly you're not at the top of the totem pole here, Pebbimon. I'm guessing that thing is a digimon too?" With that, she whips the phone out and presses the Tamer Guide button. "Not sure what this does, but I figure if they're giving us a guide..."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:47 pm 
"..."

BATTLE MODE ACTIVATED

"...the hell is that?"

"KAI GET BACK!!"

"It's covered in belts..."

"Kai I got this!!" And then Porimon... is forever blowing bubbles.

<Action 1: Bubble Blow>

"That may have been the most adorable thing I've ever seen."

"Dammit... Kai you're awfully calm about this!" Porimon flaps around, trying to push the bubbles closer to Gargoylmon.

"Well yea. This is the silliest dream I've ever had. May as well have fun however." Kai saunters over towards the giant Digimon and looks up at it. "Hello big fella! What's your name? Why so many belts?"

"KAI THIS ISN'T A DREAM!!!" Porimon moves as fast as her little ball body can flutter, biting Kai on the hand and trying to pull the unbeliever away from the giant towering beast of belts.

<Action 2: Bite n Drag Kai to safety>

"Ow! Easy Porimon! I'm bleeding! Your break is shar.... puh." Kai looks at the wound and pokes the blood beading, tastes it, looks up at the giant Digimon, looks down at Porimon, looks back at the wound and back at Gargoylmon.

"...oh @#)@"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:50 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn is about to respond to Abel's question when the massive form of Gargoylmon bursts through the trees, which rather deftly cuts off all further conversation in that regard. As the phone indicates that battle mode has been activated, Raimon wriggles free of Lynn's arms, and leaps at Gargoylmon. "Static Pop!" it yells, as its mouth opens wide, and thin streamers of electricity crackle into Gargoylmon, to little effect.

Lynn takes a second longer to react, but once she's able to process she yells "RAIMON! What are you doing!? We've gotta run!"

The ball wobbles back and forth, and yells "Stay back, Lynn, I'll handle this!"

Lynn shakes her head, and yells "there's no way you can handle something like this by yourself!"

"I've still gotta try!" Raimon responds frantically. "I'm your Digimon! That means I've gotta protect you! Go on - I'll hold it off!"

Lynn looks at the brave little ball in amazement, then her eyes dart around the battlefield, finally finding what she's looking for - a large splinter of wood, from the trees smashed by Gargoylmon, big enough to be a makeshift club. Lynn grabs it, then charges towards the monster menacing her little 'Mon. She slams the club into Gargoylmon, then scoops up Raimon in her trembling arm.

The little Digimon, surprised by this, yells "No, Lynn! You've gotta stay back! When Digimon battle, there's no place for Tamers on the field!"

"I can't just leave you to die!" she yells in response, panic filling her quavering voice. She then turns back to the others, and yells "Run for it! Get to the forest - maybe it won't chase us in there! I'll follow you - GO!" Her entire body is trembling, but she stands and faces the monstrous Gargoylmon, one hand holding her splinter of wood, he other around her struggling Digimon.

1: <Raimon> Static Pop on Gargoylmon
2: <Lynn> Stick Thwack on Gargoylmon
3: <Lynn> Grab Raimon

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:00 pm 
"THIS IS STUPID!!" Kai runs over and grabs a rock, not a pet rock, a normal rock, and stands next to Lynn. "This is really really stupid!"

Porimon shouts "I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THIS STAGE KAI!!!"

Kai grips the rock hard, "Damnit... so stupid. HEY LEATHERFACE!!" Kai throws the rock at giant monsters toe. "YER MOTHER'S A CROCODILE!"

"Welp. We're boned."

<Action 3: Incredibly Stupid Attempt To Draw Agro>

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:25 pm 
Please wait while we try to connect your call to the panicked screaming brain of Abel Bolívar. For your listening pleasure, here's the soothing sounds of Elis Regina. Abel's eyes grow wide and a bit glassy at the sight of the enormous monster. Even Nymphmon stops splashing around and goes silent at the appearance of the larger Digimon. "Pick me up." It stutters, and he responds, placing the small Digimon on his shoulders, where it curls up and grips tightly to whatever it can.

At the attempted drawing of aggro from Lynn and the young...boy? Girl? Whoever, Abel makes a decision. "HEY! LOOK OVER THERE!" he yells to the big Digimon, while pointing in some random direction, before rushing towards the two standing directly in front of the four times their size monster. He picks up the small bird-like Digimon that was hanging out with the androgynous kid, and hands it to Kai before Abel wraps his arm around the much smaller kid's waist and lifting, then grabs Lynn by the back of her shirt. "Sorry about this!" He yells, as he begins to sprint in the direction opposite Gargoylmon, trying his hardest to not jostle too much, or drop anyone.

"RUN!" He yells to the others, not even turning his head to look.

(Action 1: Lift Kai)
(Action 2: Grab Lynn)
(Action 3: RUN LIKE HELL)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
When the big monster appears, Meiya immediately stands up, Konemon going sprawling with a startled meow. She goes sprinting away from the monster.

"Yes, YES, good human, wise human!" Konemon follows after her, bouncing along behind.

She promptly comes sprinting back with a stick and yells a fierce cry, startlingly loud despite her size.

"NO NO NO NO NO! What do you expect to do with a STICK?"

Konemon starts bounding into her, deliberately knocking her off balance.

"Bad human! BAD HUMAN!"

"HEY!"

"This is where we RUN AWAY. Look at all of the others. Well. Except for the OTHER stupid one." Konemon looks at Kai getting dragged away as well.

"THINK, then ACT. Not ACT, then THINK. RUN!"

Grudgingly, Meiya starts running after the rest of the party.

<Action 1: Meiya - Fetch stick>
<Action 2: Konemon - BOUNCE>
<Action 3: Run away!>

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Throughout the duration of the whole conversation that had transpired earlier, Kohaku had simply been sitting on a rock and listening to the local goings-on while Clomon sat on his shoulder, tiny little nubs of arms holding onto him through the cloak.
"..."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"This forest is nice and relaxing."
"Yes..."

Before long, however, things take a turn for the worst when the giant Gargoylmon appears and starts making its way towards the group.

"Oh..."
"Um..."
"We should run..."
Yes...

Kohaku puts his hand down onto Clomon to make sure it stays on his shoulder before booking it as fast as he can go in the opposite direction from Gargoylmon.

[Action 1: Secure Clomon]
[Action 2: Run For It!]

As Kohaku runs, Clomon emits a steady stream of bubbles from its mouth back at Gargoylmon

[Action 3: Bubble Blow]

Last edited by Kajin on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG