Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Karie smirks as she walks in to the village and a bunch of identical 'mons run around. I see, they can't make a bunch of unique models, huh? Well, they certainly aren't skimping on the simulation itself, so I guess I'll let this slide. Meanwhile, Ganmon walks up to the red 'mon and says, "You're all Gigimon, right? I'm Ganmon, and this is my human, Karie!" Giving a rocky grin, he says, "She helped me evolve!"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn suppresses the urge to squee when she sees the armada of little creatures roaming around, simply whispering "they're so cute!" to Dynamon. Dynamon, meanwhile, just crosses his arms, and says "I was cuter." With a snort, she then slowly walks up to the little red digimon. As Ganmon says the creature's name, Lynn holds out a hand in a friendly gesture, and says "Gigimon, right? I'm Lynn, and this is my partner," gesturing to Dynamon with the other hand. "It's nice to meet you!"

Dynamon, pulling itself out of its snit, trots up and says "She's cool, isn't she? We're going on an adventure!"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Several of the Gigimon back up, one falling end over end, at Ganmon's declaration. The fallen one speaks up. "Evolve? Humans helped evolve?" With a squeak it runs off to the elder's tent where the other small creature had run, while the others cluster anew around the group.

"Elder! Elder!" Both of the tiny digimon yell. "Elder! Boss! Humans!"

A louder, but somewhat high pitched voice calls out from inside the hut. "Humans? No, play time now!"

One of the tiny ones begins hopping nervously. "No! There are humans here! With Digimon! And they make them evolve!"

"WHAT!?" The louder voice squawks, more surprised than anything. There is a rustling, and then out comes a 6 foot tall....dinosaur. While obviously not as big as the beast earlier, this red, bat wing eared dinosaur still stands more than a head over the tallest of the kids. A chiming from the phone notes that this is Guilmon, Child type digimon. The large bipedal creature trudges over, gently pushing some of the crowd away as it walks up to the kids. Its eyes are a bright yellow, with the pupils tightly constricted. It sniffs several of the kids, and looks them over again. Noone speaks for a moment.

Then, its face relaxes, and it seems to smile, even with all the sharp teeth. "Hello!" it barks cheerfully. "What brings you here? No, wait, come." He moves back to his hut, and holds open the door with one clawed hand. "Come in! Rest! Talk!"

The kids and the Digimon find themselves pulled into the large-ish building. Inside is a series of cushions around an extinguished fire pit. Guilmon sits against the wall in front of the dead fire. "Ok! Anyone hungry?" He continues before they get a chance to answer though. "Humans don't come to Digitalworld, normally. How did you get here?"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"I didn't mean to come here. Not exactly..." Meiya looks slightly flustered as she tries to explain. "I can't speak for the others, but there was a message on my screen..." She stops speaking, gathering her thoughts. "There was this thing on the internet - almost like a game, that I followed. At the end there was some sort of message talking about the World awaiting us... after I clicked on it, I was transported here."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:05 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Sorta the same for me. I was playing a game on my computer... Next thing I know I'm here." Kohaku sighs, sitting down on the closest cushion and accepting an offer of food. "My legs were about ready to give out on me there... Our arrival here was rather exciting and I'm exhausted."

Diamon climbs down off of Kohaku's shoulder and sits down on a cushion next to him, her scarf reaching out and grabbing some of the offered food to munch down.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:29 am 
Kohaku notes that the food offered is a bit odd. It is bread, clearly, but shaped to almost resemble the face of the chief. "You like Guilmon Bread?" the red dino asks happily.

"So you were brought here? Didn't travel?" It nods. "Called, then. Passed a test and brought to the world. Someone must need you here. Probably right, too. World's a mess right now. Evil Digimon everywhere, wrecking everything. No one can fight any of the ones around here. so they just stomp around causing trouble. Their boss is the worst, too."

Guilmon's eyes seem faraway for a moment, then it yawns. "Enough of that." It focuses on the new Digimon that came with the humans. "Haven't seen you either. You new here? And...evolved? How?"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:22 pm 
Ganmon is about to speak when Karie puts her hand on his head, steps forward, and holds up the phone with a confident grin. "You want to know how? We found these phone thingies along with these 'Digimon'. I figured out how to use them when we were fighting that Gargoylmon thing, and it caused Ganmon to evolve from Pebbimon!"

Ganmon looks up a bit annoyed, but then turns back to Guilmon and nods.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"So the strong Digimon are harassing and oppressing all of the weak Digimon, huh?" Kohaku asks as he sniffs at the bread, poking it but not wanting to talk with his mouth full. "How tough are these bad guys?"

Diamon stuffs the whole piece of bread into her hood and it just vanishes into her cloak. No visible chewing is in evidence and she doesn't seem to have put it in pocket.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 am 
"Tough, very tough." Guilmon says to Kohaku. "Hardly anyone stronger in this part of the Digital World. Even without holding the Font, nobody can push back Lord Grimmon's army. His commander Darklizardmon keeps trying to clear this area, but hasn't gotten rid of us yet."

At Karie's words, however, Guilmon lets out a shocked yelp. "Phones? Gargoylemon defeated? That brute of the armies? Hang on."

Standing up abruptly from the firepit, Guilmon moves to the back of the hut, and fishes around in a large sack. "No, no not that. OK, then."

It turns around, and is holding a large red jewel in both hands. "Maybe you're who was expected. We'll have to ask him."

With a single throw, the gem is tossed into the middle of the fire indentation, where it stops in mid air. It begins to spin, slowly at first, and then rapidly, starting to glow as it does. In a moment the rapidly spinning gem is projecting a large red globe of light around it.

Inside the light, a face appears. It wears a metallic mask over one eye that appears to be broken, revealing a shock of red hair coming out one side of it. Neither eye is visible, the mask covering one side and the hair over another. "Guilmon?" The voice rumbles in a deep baritone.

"Yes, Sir Michaemon! They're here! I think. Humans that fought off one of the Grim Army, and can make digimon evolve!"

The face turns in the globe, facing the humans and digimon sitting in a semi circle on the other side. "So it is. The Breakers."

He smiles, tightly. "Hello. You must have many questions. I can help, perhaps. Welcome to the Digital World." A second image appears next to the face, showing a globe with only one continent, in a strange, circular shape. "This world exists in harmony with the human world, along side it, created of data and computer information. We, the digimon, live here."

A series of lights appear, equidistant around the continent. "The world is powered by these, the Fonts of Data. They bring life and growth to the planet. But recently...." One at a time, the lights fizzle out, 6 out of 7 completely gone, and the last one guttering. "Soon the last light will black out, and the evil forces will control everything."

"For that, we called you. It has been said that humans hold the key to help digimon reach their full potential, and stop the advance of evil. We sent out the call, the test. Each of you passed it, not because of what you did, but of what you show. Each of you contains a special power, a part of yourself that can connect with others and bring light back to the land."

Michaemon hesitates for a moment. "For each-" And with that, a loud booming sound is heard. "What?! Guilmon, what was -" the signal begins to distort. "No! There is more to -ay, more you n--d to kno-." As the face breaks up, the voice speak up once more, tinged with desperation. "Follow the ligh-! Come to the cast-e! You must make it here or all is --st! Sav- --e font!" The crystal's light flickers and goes out, hitting the ground with a soft thud.

Guilmon growls. "They're here! Don't move! If they don't know youre here...."

A loud, bubbling voice calls out. "HUMANS!"

"Darklizardmon?" Guilmon snarls. "But how?"

"HUMANS! WE KNOW YOU ARE THERE! THAT COWARD TOLD US WHO HE RAN FROM AND WHERE! GIVE YOURSELF UP OR WE BURN THIS VILLAGE!"

Guilmon slumps his head, then looks up at the group. "They never stop. Never leave. "

And with that, the hut is blown open. Standing in the newly open side is a large creature. It appears to be made of flowing black fire. Athough humaniod in shape, the only discernable features is the strange silver metal helmet that appears to define its head, and huge white claws. It stands at least 9 feet tall, and is backed up by a pair of large purple blobs,hollow eyed and amorphous with long limbs, and a trio of 7 foot tall orangish humanoids, with gaping maws carrying long clubs.

The tall fire beast speaks. "New guests, little dinosaur? Boss says we need to take care of them right away. The big idiot was supposed to, but...." It tosses something it was holding in its paw on the ground. The torn piece of the crossed belts takes a moment to place, but the "mask" that Gargoylemon wore is distinct enough to remember. After a moment resting, it dissolves into golden dust. "He didn't take the job seriously."

Guilmon places itself in front of the humans. "Go now! I can stop them for now!"

The dark fire laughs again. "If you run, it'll be the little dino and his little brothers we play with, you should know. So, how about it?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:00 pm 
Karie listens to Michaemon's story with an amused smirk. Man, it couldn't GET any more gamey here. I don't know how they're doing it, but this really is something else.

Then everything changed when the Darklizardmon attacked.

Karie shields her face from falling debris using one arm and glances at her phone with the other, swiftly pushing the tamer guide button to get a read on all the attacking 'mons. Ganmon steps in front of her as well, hoping to protect her from harm.

"Karie! We should run! These don't look like child level Digimon!"

With a scowl, Karie replies, "Run? You don't get stronger if you run. We stand, and we fight." With a sideways glance at Guilmon, she says, "Sorry, but there's no way I'm letting this chance get away! That Michaemon or whatever said we're the key to unlocking our Digimon's potential? Then we fight."

Staring up at the much larger Digimon with a crazed grin, Karie thinks to herself, THIS IS SO COOL!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn and Dynamon listen intently to Guilmon's story, then recoil as the hut is blown open. Lynn scowls angrily at the threat to the little 'mon villagers, while Dynamon's claws clench at the dissolving remains of Gargoylmon. The two of them both take a step back, but stop, and look at each other. The same thoughts, both independent, come to each of their minds.

"I don't think there's any way we can win this..."

"...Yeah, but we can't just abandon Guilmon and the others..."

Right... So as scared as I am to say it..."

And in unison, the two leap from their seats, Lynn's hands clenched into fists, Dynamon's claws outstretched and jaws wide.

"We won't run away!"

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Manekimon, on the other hand... is slowly backing away.

"Ever hear that saying about discretion being the better part of valor?"

"Yes."

"Now might be a good time to remember its meaning."

Meiya slowly shakes her head.

"Oh no."
Manekimon looks at her with a sinking expression.

"What?"

"Please tell me you're not one of those..."

"Those what?"

"Brave people." Manekimon looks despairing.

"Unfortunately." Meiya steps forward with the others.

"Oh. Great. Fantastic. We're gonna die."

But Manekimon still queues up next to her.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"They're here because of us..."

"Yes..."

"If we run for it, those we leave behind will suffer for it..."

Yes..."

"Well, I know what I'm doing," Kohaku says as he stands up, lifting Diamon up to his shoulders. "These guys are being pricks. We should do something about that."

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:46 pm 
While the rest of the group walks, talks, and interacts with the village, Abel stays strangely quiet, holding onto a pouting Caudamon who keeps muttering to itself about just staying at the river and letting the rest of the group continue this silly quest. The experience underneath the water of the river has left him confused, and even more interested and terrified of the world around him. When Meiya mentions the way she was dragged into the world, Abel merely nods his head to agree. Abel doesn't even notice as food is offered, and Caudamon turns its nose up at the offering, casting a dirty look at the Digimon who dared offer such a dirty, low-class meal to such a high-class Digimon. Caudamon makes a few comments to its "partner" asking for a proper meal, a more comfortable resting spot, or just to leave, but all of it is promptly ignored by the lanky boy, which only serves to make Caudamon even more furious. It's only when Guilmon brings out the strange gem that Abel starts to pay attention once more, and even Caudamon grows quiet for Michaemon's little speech.

Both Abel and his Digimon jump when the booming voice crashes through the hut, and Abel drops Caudamon when the hut is smashed open itself. The salamander barely notices the impact, and focuses on the intruders. At the dropping of Gargoylmon's mask and belts, and their dissolving a confused look crosses Abel's face, and Caudamon's expression grows dark. "But, wasn't that their..." "Trash. They made a mockery of my gift of mercy. That's an insult I shall not stand for."

Caudamon steps forward as Abel takes a step back, thoughts racing, eyes rocketing back and forth between the numerous Digimon and the few humans. There's a momentary pause, and then a weird smile grows on Abel's face. "Guilmon, right?" He says, quietly to the dragon-like Digimon. "Get yourself and the others to the river. There's a...a glitch, or something. Underneath the water is a pocket of air, that stretches to both sides of the river. Don't try it just yet, but...if we screw up, you guys can be safe, at least." Abel pauses, and a worried look crosses his face, as he swallows a lump in his throat, taking a very short second to kick off his flip-flops. "Let's just hope this makes a good distraction."

"So, you brutes want a fight, huh?" Caudamon yells as it steps forward. "Well, luckily for you, I'm more than happy to oblige."

'Can't run, can't hide, can't scare them off. Only one thing I can do here...

Abel rushes forward, pushing himself off the ground using his long, powerful legs, until he's in front of DarkLizardmon, then jumps, aiming a flying tackle at the burning Digimon's helmet.

ThisisstupidthisisstupidthisisstupidthisisstupidthisisstupidthisisstupidTHISISSOSTUPID.'

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:24 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
For a while, Kai follows the group silently with a bemused smile; as if it was all just a movie. Kai stays quiet, and thus so does Takamon. Eventually there's a whispered conversation between them, "You alright Kai?"

"Hmm?" Kai grins, "I'm fine, this is all pretty cool."

"You seem to be taking all of this pretty well. I expected a freak out."

"Eh." Kai shrugs, "I've had more weird dreams than this."

"...dream."

"Mhm." Kai gives a large stretch and keeps walking, "I have lucid dreams all the time; nothing to do but wait until I wake up and enjoy the ride."

"Kai sweetie... this isn't a dream. You're here with us right now."

"Ah!" Kai exclaims, "But you've said that before in my dreams. Of course, you've never transformed before but that's neat!"

"Kai this isn't a dream. You can read right? People can't read in dreams."

"I can. Maybe it's cause I'm a bookworm... I've always been able to!" Kai wraps one's arms about oneself. "Dreams are always my safe place. It's always where I meet you Pori... Taka... whatever you wanna be called!"

Taka sighs and flutters up onto Kai's shoulder, "There's just no selling you on this is there?"

A response of having her feathers ruffled is all she gets; which she begrudgingly chirrups at. After a moment Kai grins, "If this isn't a dream, I'll eat a crystal feather!"

Taka sighs but smiles.

The duo stays quiet for the rest of the journey until Darklizardmon's explosive appearance... the hut's explosion sends a spiraling splinter of shrapnel directly into Kai's forehead. Kai plucks it out with an expletive; rubbing the blood away and smelling the copper on the fingers. Kai goes ghostly white.

"Kai! Are you alright?!"

"That hurt..."

"You're bleeding, let me see..."

"It can't hurt..." Tears are streaming down Kai's face, "It can't... my dreams are where I'm safe... I'm safe here..."

"Kai... you aren't healed at all are you?"

Kai's big blue eyes look into Taka's golden ones a moment before Taka wraps her wings around her friend. "It doesn't matter. Dream or no dream... you're safe here." Taka puffs up and hovers in front of her friend, "Hey Smoke-Chewer! Maybe your used to picking on little-mons and having them run away... but we're no running! Anyone who kills a comrade for a failure doesn't deserve power! I'll pluck out your damned eyes so you can never hurt another person!!"

"Takamon..."

"NOW BACK OFF SMOKEY OR FACE OUR WRATHS"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG