Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 am 
Chandi proceeds to get a steadier grip on her balance and exhaustion and finally lets go of Lumina, brushing her hand off against the lower part of her skirt in a remainder of the disgust inherited from Shin, before immediately fuming at the fact that she even thought to do that. The feeling of Alexis' Rune easing her thoughts simultaneously calms her and makes her even more furious, but the rage ebbs away, leaving nothing but her exhaustion. Eventually, she turns her gaze up and raises her hand to grab Aja by the back of the neck. "You do not bite, Ajagara. Not allies, at any rate." She says, sternly, before twisting her arm, allowing the dragon a place to lay down.

The sound of MUSE talking catches Chandi's attention, and her eyes widen as Harmony proceeds to ask the empowered Mortal to scar her, even if just a small one. "What the flying-" The explosion cuts Chandi off, and all three of her eyes shoot open watching the chains and memories flashing by with a stunned look on her face.

As the explosion finishes, Chandi's jaw drops, and she takes a few steps forwards, oblivious to the fact that her third eye is still open, until a strange sensation passes over her body, a remarkable feeling of being whole for the first time in a very long time. She looks down at her arm, her missing arm, and marvels at the sensation of feeling what isn't there. "This..." she says to herself, snapping back up to look at Harmony, "Is not good at-" she's cut off by another explosion, and a power surging through her body, rejuvenating her, all three of her eyes emitting a white light for a few moments as the chains between Harmony and Chandi clash in ways the scarred goddess cannot fully process. As Makosan stops Harmony's connection, Chandi feels the power fade, third eye closing, but without the same feeling of exhaustion as before.

"That was...odd." She says to herself, half expecting to be cut off again. "I think, we're going to have to talk." She murmurs. The thought process is suddenly cut off by a certain investigator marching straight up to Chandi and offering a very stern warning. "What I did, detective, was not illegal only because the Cat prevented me from bursting Shin's brain like an overripe melon." Her tone lightens, "But, I appreciate that you won't be bringing up attempt charges though. And between Harmony and Alexis, you should have lots of evidence for that case." She chuckles, a very hollow, dry sound, before patting Asch's shoulder. "I can't promise anything, Asch. But I'll try." Chandi says with a soft smile.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:33 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener watches the panoply unfolding around it impassively, then turns to Makosan. "The terms of our mission are nearly complete. We have ascertained what you want and what transpired here. I must now simply confirm: Do you, now or in the future, intend any harm to come to the Arbiters, either individually or as an organization, to the worlds under our jurisdiction, or to the balance of this universe?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:49 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Makosan wipes his eyes and turns to Alexis, "Heh... I understand your concern Mr Bat. However it's going to take more than just a tool to cut these chains... hell. I even tried using my Shift against them, it's no good. I've been to many worlds, tried many tools, spoke with many Gods. None of them could help me... you've been touched by my Brother too. I don't know what it means yet, but if you try and undo his chains it's going to call him to me -- he'll be here in seconds and I'll be dead. I cannot risk being unchained as of yet... I must keep going and grow stronger before I attempt it, or else he'll destroy me before I can break free." He pauses a moment, "But thank you for offering."

Makosan nods to Asch, "Sure Miss Mystery Breaker, what do you want to know?"

Before they get the chance to speak, however, Awakener posts a very subtle and easy question to answer.

"...that's not easy to answer." Mako takes a moment to gather his thoughts, "But I will be honest with you since you all helped me. Even if it makes you enemies." He looks up into the sky, "The Arbiters as a whole? I mean no harm to. There are many Gods in that organization that mean the very best to existence and all things within it; they are not my enemies." He looks into Awakener's hollow eyes, "However there are members of the Counsel of Elder Gods that DO mean the universe harm... or at the very least, while they think they are helping; they are harming. I am an agent of Balance. I always have been... and some of the laws and practices the Elders hand down are very disruptive of Balance. I have no proof; so don't ask. I have suspicions and intuition, both of which are seldom wrong." He crosses his arms, "If I do find out, however, that some of these Gods ARE disrupting Balance? They will become my enemies. My alliance is, and always has been, to maintaining the Balance of the Universe."

"Those who seek to disrupt it? Be they my Brother, an Elder, or even those in the Arbiters that are corrupt; they are my enemies."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:41 pm 
"I quite agree." says Alexis. "Bringing Tattered Cloak Man here would be very bad indeed."

He changes his anklet into its Book form. His Shift shapes itself into a small lectern, on which he places the book, opened apparently at random. He glances between the left and right pages of the book for a few minutes, comparing something.

"Arbiters... individual... organisation...balance..." he mutters.

"Ah, wait. I think you might have missed a part of The Awakener's question. Easy enough, it was kind of a long question. But you didn't say anything about worlds under Arbiter jurisdiction?"

"Oh," he adds, "and one other thing. I'm going to use my Sonic rune to play back a voice. I'd like to ask if you recognise it."

He taps into his Sonic rune, and uses it to recreate the voice of the Tattered Cloak Man. "Do you recognise this voice?" it asks.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:05 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico looks levelly at Makosan. "Nice answer. Say as little as possible as slowly as possible. And do you define the balance?" He turns away.

Walking over to Chandi, he taps her on the shoulder. "You don't do anything by half measures, huh, Blinky?" He chuckles. "Heck, I feel a bit mixed about that whole thing. On one hand....that was the funniest thing involving Shin I ever saw. On the other, you probably messed him up pretty bad, and he's hard enough to guess at the best of times. What did you do, exactly?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:46 pm 
"Half measures are for the uncertain, and those lacking dedication." Chandi says with a slightly menacing grin. "But in my case it's just making up for the fact that I can only hit someone with three limbs instead of four." Chandi shifts her weight to one foot, bringing the other up to crack the toes against the ground. "As for what I did...I'm not one hundred percent sure, honestly. I could see his memories, lots of memories actually, just hanging there like chains roped around his soul. I grabbed the ones that went with his little trip here, intending to do what I said, but..." She pauses, and a confused look crosses her face. "I guess, some small part of me felt...pity for those memories. That's probably not the best word. Point is, an idea hit me and I added my own memories to his. My own experiences from here, my emotions. And, I think, a little bit of everyone else's. It just seemed like the thing I should do. And then I put that amalgamation of memories back. And...well, the process goes both ways. I added some of his memories and emotions to mine, and when I reforged that chain it pulled on something else. I saw something older, deeper." The vision flashes through her mind once more, and Chandi shudders, pushing it out. "Shin's a hypocrite. He's been ignoring his heritage, and putting up a serious front. He may have worse parental issues than me." She pauses for a moment, a dark look crossing her face. "Well, different maybe. Not worse." Her eyes hover on Serpico, before her hand rises up and smacks the back of his head. "I believe I told you to not do something so stupid on our last mission, and the first thing you do is break that. In fact, getting yourself killed is considerably worse than nearly dying due to your own stupidity, no matter how helpful it was both times. I'm the only one allowed to do stupid crazy things. You do the pretend backstabby, traitor-y things. Do we have an understanding?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm 
Serpico laughs as he rubs his head. "Well, let's be frank. I didn't expect that. From my testing, that should have laid him out flat in the first place. Guess I should have realized he's too stubborn to go down so easily. Honestly? I thought it best. Caught him in his own little deception too. He remembered me far better than I thought, and still believed the line I fed him at first. Always knew he had some weird view of gods, though."

His smile becomes uncertain, and his face opens a bit, eyes seeming a bit sad even through the closed lids. "But honestly, was that so bad? This wasn't overloading myself in the middle of a Collapse. This was a battle, and I'm a lot faster than any of you, normally. Dying in battle's no big deal, my soul was safe. Surprised you care that much, though." He chuckles. "Well, I'll make no promises, but I certainly bow to you for the craziness. Especially in that fight just now..... Hope you don't eat a chain bigger than your head, though. What's it like, having to feel that gas bag's emotions?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:25 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Makosan... your brother. His Shift. It is like a black version of your sword, right? Does his memory manipulation suffer from the same limitations that yours does? Only once per person?"

Harmony still looks dazed, but she's starting to get her focus back. She keeps blinking her eyes, as if something feels a little bit off with them.

"And... is there anything that you would like me to tell Athena?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 pm 
Mako nods at Alexis, "Really it comes down to whose running the world. If it's a good God, one of balance, I won't have any issues. If they mess with the Mortals or try and unbalance the world? Then we have a problem." He listens to Alexis' sound Rune, "Yea... that's Tiranade alright." His fur is standing on end.

He smooths it down as he answers Serpico, "I don't define balance, I just read it. You're Arbiters after all, you can tell when a World is out of balance."

Asch lightly taps Alexis on the head. "For someone with such good hearing you don't seem to be good at listening. If everything Makosan has said up to this point is accurate, that would be the voice of Tiranade... right?" She finishes by glancing at Makosan and activating her interrogation rune.

"Thats correct. That's my Brother Tiranade." He flashes a fang at Asch, not minding that he had to repeat the information for the record. "Damn nice rune that."

"Are you familiar with how it works, then? I must admit I was surprised when you were able to see what my database is displaying - considering it is in script only I may read."

"If you missed me speaking with Harmony, it's a mix of my Racial ability, the Shiakugan and the fact I can read both the Soul and forms of electricity. It's pretty easy to pick up a radio signal even if it's ether - however decoding your database took some concentration." He puts on an embarrassed smile, "Sorry if I gave offense... I didn't know if you were all enemies or not when I read it."

A wry smirk crosses Asch's face. "I overheard... I just needed to get it on record. I trust you are familiar with the methods of the mystery breakers, yes?"

Makosan crosses his arms, "I've heard of them for sure. Never had the pleasure of meeting one however. I admire their methodology! I'm a sucker for a good mystery, though I admit Eevee was the one with the knack for cracking them."

"A shame you never had the chance... they were all but wiped out some time ago. I am all that remains of their teachings. On that subject... are you at all familiar with a demon by the name of Wargrave?"

His eyebrows knit together, "I had no idea they got wiped out... I am sorry. However I haven't heard of anyone named Wargrave. My information has been... shall we say, limited for the past 50 years." He pats his chest, "For obvious Soul-Binding reasons."

Asch nods. "I see. Very well then; he is elusive after all. I would advise you to be cautious." Putting her hand to her chin, she continues, "Back to your story... I understand it must be hard for you, however, I would like to ask one question about your fight with Tiranade 50 years ago... in your own words, how was it that Athena was wounded in that fight?"

Makosan sighs, his shoulders drooping. "I... went to try and get Tiranade to come back home. He starting fighting with me... I'm guessing Athena sensed it. Before she showed up, however, the planet Eevee was on collapsed and she unraveled. Until now... I had always believed that Tiranade sprung the trap... but the memories that Harmony invoked in me have me wondering if the Elder's weren't somehow involved." He shakes his head, "But that wasn't your question. I blamed Tiranade, I... well I snapped. I launched my strongest attack at him, meant to shred him atom from atom. I didn't see Athena show up... he did. Athena tried to push him out of the way, he pushed back... I tried turning the attack all at the same time. She got clipped by it... if it was a direct hit she wouldn't be alive right now. I had never scarred her with Fireblade before, so the damage was permanent." He wipes his eyes clear of tears.

"Thank you, and I apologize again for stirring up old memories." With that, she closes her database and shuts down the interrogation rune.

"Anything else you need to know? Whatever help I can be..."

As Makosan asks his question, he catches Asch in the middle of turning to return to the group. She stops midstep, as though in thought. A second later, she shakes her head. "No... nothing."

Makosan raises his eyebrow, "I'm not sure how much help I can be if you hold back."

Asch stops for another second... and then brings up her database and starts typing.

"No... nothing."

She dismisses her database, having finished typing.

Makosan turns around, giving an almost inaudible snap of his fingers. "Very well then. Please tell Athena-Sensei... well. That I'm alive."

Asch nods. "I will do so."

Mako turns to Harmony last, "Unfortunately... he is not limited in that way. I never did learn what his Shift's limiter was, but it's certainly not stopping him from cutting away memories more than once." He smiles, "And tell her that I miss her too."

He looks to the sky, "I really think our time is up. Shin's gotta be back at base and reporting this by now and I think I'd rather not be involved in any more fighting today." He turns to the others, "Thank you for your help. I get the feeling we are all going to meet again. Fate works in strange ways." He gathers a small lightning storm beneath his ankles and bows, "Farewell, Those Who Remember."

He leaps into the air and with a ripping sonic boom, he's out of the atmosphere and off world.

Everyone's return Runes begin to shine, and the mission being over, they all return to HQ, appearing in Athena's classroom.

Which is totally empty.

The lights are on, but nobody is there to greet them. It's quiet... really quiet. And something about the headquarters feels slightly strange. As the team heads for the door to go track down Athena, a soft voice speaks behind them.

"Ah, you've returned quickly. Forgive me for not being here when you arrived."

As they turn, a new Goddess is sitting on Athena's desk. She's quite tall, covered in sparkling blue robes that almost seem to dance with starlight. She has a pale ivory face with pointed ears, blond hair that flows in curtains down her back and pools like water on the desk underneath her, deep emerald green eyes and completely bare feet kicking inches from the ground. She has her hands in her lap and smiles, "I am Destiny, a very close friend of Athena. She is out on an emergency mission on her home world right now - so she asked me to wait here for all of you to return from your mission." She slides from the desk gracefully and lands on her bare feet.

"I will cut to the chase. You have all been summoned by the Elder Counsel. I would like you all to come with me."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:57 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch brings her hand to her face and says, "Lady Destiny, is it? I cannot say I remember you." She then smiles widely and says, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, all the same."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:00 pm 
"Cute."

Destiny makes an odd movement, and suddenly two Aschs are standing in the room. "None of that please. You aren't in trouble, but you ARE summoned. Please take this seriously... the Elders aren't known for their patience." She glances at the illusionary Asch and the illusion shatters.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:03 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony eyes narrow very slightly, but she does not comment on Athena's absence, or on Destiny's action... though she does eye real Asch for a moment. "Of course. If you are ready, we will follow you to them immediately. Do you know why we are being summoned?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:03 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch smirks, her deception unveiled quite easily. "I assure you, I am taking this very seriously. That's how I always treat the truth."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:06 pm 
Destiny smiles at Asch, "It'll take a better illusion than that to fool me." Her smile does seem genuine however, "As to that, Harmony, I was not told. I was simply commanded to bring you all the moment you returned from your mission - and to keep you from going anywhere. Something is happening at Headquarters - I'm sure you can feel it; but the Elders wish to keep it quiet. They haven't even told me yet."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:07 pm 
Serpico snorts. "Called to the principal's office, more like." He sits down first. "And here I am, shot full of holes and everything being told to run around some more." he says, despite the clear lack of injuries in his damaged clothing.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG