Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Day comes with the quiet sounds and smells of the forest....suddenly interrupted by a large red face. Guilmon stands in the middle of the room. "Wake up! Time to wake!" There is no questioning a voice as shrill and loud, and soon they are all awake.

They are led outside, where the village children are all gathered. They appear to have thrown together quick shelters in the night, probably for their temporary sleeping. There is a suspicious amount of felled trees around too.

Guilmon leads the group through the tiny inhabitants to an unusual creature. It is white in color, with purplish markings. It is very small, shorter than even Diamon, but has a long, serpentine body and a head and torso most reminiscent of a fox, with a collar around its neck, a ring in its ear, and its long whispy tail clinging to a strange metallic cylinder.

"Kudamon." Guilmon immediately introduces the newcomer. "Direct college of Michaemon, from yesterday."

The small fox...thing, bends forward, as if to bow. "I was sent when the palace first detected the warp in the fabric of the electrical waves. We knew something had come to the Digital World, but not what. Humans were the last thing we expected, much less ones bonded with newborns."

Guilmon shakes his head. "Too serious! And too much time wasted. Get to the point!"

"Very well." The small creature gathers its body and pulls itself up and balances on the cylinder. Even like this Kudamon barely reaches 2 feet of height. "I was told the situation. that lord Michaemon contacted you first was beyond my expectation, but it doesn't matter. I must bring you to meet him right away. The trip is about 2 days of travel away, so we must go now, while the Font is still clinging to life. I will guide you through the forest to the mountain pass, since you do not know the way."

Guilmon claps its paws together. "See? Much simpler. Can talk about the rest once moving.:

Kudamon shakes its head. "Perhaps, but it is never wise to rush. Before we go, does anyone have any questions, or anything they feel they need?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2244
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Location: Current Mood: KILL ALL HUMANS
Karie is still half asleep as Guilmon bursts in... and she's not very happy. "Ehhh? Dante~~? Shut up, annoying. You ruined a dream I was having-" *blink blink* "Ehhhh~~. When'd you turn in to a red liza-" *blink* "AAAAAAAHHH!" Her hair, already a mess from sleeping in an unfamiliar place, stands up on end at the shock.

Her waking up also awakens Ganmon. "YAAAAAAAAWN... Good morning, Karie! Good morning, Guilmon!"

Karie quickly calms down, remembering that the strange events of yesterday weren't at all a dream and smiles. "Oh... right! Heh heh..." She tries straightening out her hair, to little effect.

----------------------------------------------------

Following Guilmon out, she stares at the weird white fox thing for a few moments... and then her stomach growls noisily. "Yeah, I got a question... you got any food?" Seems she's still going through her morning routine.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3848
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Lynn and Dynamon both jolt awake at Guilmon's shouts, and though Dynamon instantly focuses and then relaxes, it takes Lynn a bit longer to realize exactly where she is.

"That's right..." she says, "I remember now. You sleep OK, Dynamon?"

The little dragon nods to her, and says "Hope you found it comfortable. I don't know how things are back where you are, but this might have been the best bed I've ever slept in."

Lynn rubs her back a bit, and yawns a bit. "Not what I'm used to, but I'm not going to complain."

As they head out, and after Kudamon speaks and Karie makes her request, Lynn's stomach begins to growl. She grins bashfully, and says "Yeah, I think breakfast would be a good idea. Do you have anything we can eat?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
Welcome to the mind of Abel Bolivar. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but currently Abel is suffering from a sudden collapse of rational thought, because obviously, if he wasn't, a red talking dinosaur wouldn't be doing just that right in front of his face. Please come back when the universe is right and proper, and we'll be happy to serve you.

Despite the panic clutching Abel's chest, and the amphibious Digimon serving as a rather large weight on his midsection, the Argentinian boy manages to catch his breath, and return to a more logical train of thought. Memories flow back from the previous day, and the ache in his back, and slight throb of his shoulder assures him that it all was in fact real, and not just a very continuous weird dream. Abel makes an attempt to rise to his feet, only to receive grumbling and complaints from the weight on his stomach. "Five more minutes, please, I need my beauty sleep. I shouldn't leave be seen in anything but my best." Abel raises an eyebrow, then rolls his eyes, and proceeds to gently lift the Digimon off of his stomach and cradle it within his arms, attempting awkwardly to keep the salamander relatively comfortable as he stands up. He turns his head towards the strange fox-like Digimon. Kudamon, Guilmon had called it? "I don't really have any questions, Kudamon. I still don't quite get this place enough to know what to even ask..." as the others bring up food, Abel's stomach grumbles loudly, a reminder that he hadn't taken part in the dinner so graciously served last night by their Digimon hosts. "Yeah. Breakfast sounds...really really good..." His stomach groans yet again, and Caudamon curls up tighter, pushing her head into Abel's shirt in an attempt to cover her head and keep the noise out. The musical salamander grumbles something inaudible, and despite the fidgeting, Abel can feel its stomach rumbling as well. "But, if this is all that important, we should probably eat on the road. And water. We could definitely use something to carry water." He looks down at Caudamon, who seems content to just nestle in between the boy's arms, then back to Guilmon. "Something that can carry a lot of water."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
As the others wake up, Meiya greets them cheerfully. She is apparently one of those annoyingly perky morning people. Meanwhile, her 'mon is still asleep - not for lack of effort of trying to wake him up on her part.

"About time you guys woke up. Sleepyhead over there just rolled over when I tried to wake him. Didn't want to wake you guys though - I know that some people don't wake as early as I do."

Once again, she flicks a pebble at Smilomon... whose ear simply twitches slightly as he continues sleeping.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Kohaku walks out of the tent, rubbing his eyes sleepily. Diamon is perched on top of his head, still dozing peacefully. Its scarf is wound around Kohaku's neck so it doesn't fall off of his head.

"Good morning..." Kohaku yawns loudly, holding his hand over his mouth as he walks over to the group. Looking around and listening to the conversation, he says, "I'm ready to go whenever. If those baddies are after us and willing to hold a village hostage to get us, then we've already overstayed our welcome."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Guilmon laughs at Karie's question and Lynn chiming in. "Food, yes! Humans always so hungry? Not a problem. Lots of Guilmon bread for everyone!" It motions to the side, where some woven bags have been arranged, well sized to be slung over ones back. Water skins are also visible, so Abel's concerns are also addressed.

Kudamon shakes its head. "Its some relief that you think of the basics. Very practical. I had heard humans often weren't so prepared." It turns and nods to Kohaku. "Perhaps the best idea. Thank you for the help, friend. But I still think you should join with the settlements at- "

Guilmon cuts in. "No, won't work. Little ones agree, don't want to leave home. We'll manage." He turns to the humans. "Thank you, new friends. We all wait to see you win. Break through."

And with that, the group is packed to go. Each carries a small bag with enough food, they would guess, to last at least a day comfortably, and a water skin. The population of the settlement wave them goodbye as the small white tube fox leads them into the forest, in the direction of the faint beam of light. It still cuts through the air in front of them, but is weaker, and seems to flicker at times.

---

After an hour, Kudamon speaks. "It's tough to ask this, but we must. You've been brought into something, that perhaps you don't understand. Our world stands on the precipice, and I know that many, Michaemon, think that humans can help with this. But I am not convinced. They haven't told you anything, even about the devices you hold. And you....you do not fit what was expected. I see not a trace of the lights in you. So.....why are you here? Tell me what brought you here. Tell me why I should trust you to help my home."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
Abel adjusts his grip, rolling his eyes once again as Caudamon continues to lightly snore. Despite consistent pleas of five more minutes, the little Salamander Digimon has still yet to completely wake up. When Kudamon asks his/her/its question though, Abel raises an eyebrow. "Kudamon, we don't know why we're here. I don't know if Guilmon did, or could have told you everything, but we only just showed up yesterday, and know literally nothing about this place. We don't know how we got here, or, at least, I don't. Some friends of mine back home told me about a game, and I thought it sounded fun so I joined in. A few weeks later, I finish the game, this little blue screen pops up, asks if I want to save the world and I clicked yes, because I thought it was part of the game. The next thing I know I'm in a jungle I've never seen or heard about, meeting six other kids from around the world, a talking salamander starts treating me like its butler, and my life gets threatened by a twelve foot tall gargoyle thing. I don't know if the part before the jungle is the same for anyone else, but I don't know why I'm here, or how I got here, or anything! And while I'd like to learn because this place is far more interesting than it is scary, which says something because it's terrifying, I'd also like to know how to get home." Abel pauses for a moment.

"Look, I got off track for a second there. But you said it yourself. We've been brought into something we don't really understand, or at least, I don't. And no one has told us a thing. And now you're asking us why you should trust us...well, we're following you, right? We didn't question it, we just...did."

"You really need to work on your impassioned speeches, honey. Lovely start, but the end was just missing that...je ne sais quoi." "Oh good, you're up, you can walk now." "But it's been so comfortable, are you sure you can't just carry me the rest of the way?" "He said it's a two day trip, not a chance." "Then a few more minutes?" Caudamon looks up at her human with large, glistening eyes, in what is likely an attempt at a puppy dog look, but comes across as bizarre and a little disturbing for an amphibian. Abel sighs, but a small smile creeps onto his face as Caudamon readjusts herself in his grip.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Kohaku nods at Abel. "My situation is pretty much the same. The one of the members of the study group I help with after school told me about this game and that I should look into it." Kohaku stretches, but it's an awkward motion because he's trying not to disturb Diamon who is still slumbering away on his shoulder. "So I looked into it, played it, and beat it. Right after I beat it I found myself here. I'm still trying to get my bearings, if I must be honest. I don't understand how I ended up here or why. I don't understand if this is just a game or if it's real, but from what I can tell this is all actually happening..."

Kohaku shakes his head. "But there is one thing I understand. Whoever those enemies are, they see us as a threat and were willing to hurt people to get at us. And that is not something I can abide by. As long as we're here, people could end up up getting hurt... So we need to find out as much as we can about this place and our circumstances. I would appreciate any sort of knowledge that would illuminate an appropriate course of action, and this person you're taking us to seems like he'll be able to help."

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: