Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 4426
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Location: Kampai!!
"Unimaginable power..." Johnny shakes his head, "You damned Gods are all the same."

"Would it help at all to tell you I was a human before I ascended?" Asch quietly activates her interrogation rune, tuning it to detect lies. Johnny doesn’t notice.

"I find that damned hard to believe." He tries to get a look at her eyes under the hat, "You act like every God I've ever met. Think you're better than Mortals and can act however you want. It was an arrogant God from our home world that caused... this" He gestures to himself. "You think we were born with these powers?

Johnny finds it difficult to see Asch's eyes; the shade from the hat obscures them too much. "No, I should most definitely not think that you were. Were there not more pressing issues, I would think to investigate that. However, in case you had not noticed, we are pressed for time, and I assure you I am quite poor in a fight without pertinent information."

"Oh that's just like you Ether Eaters." The blade is shaking against Asch's neck, "No time for anybody but yourselves. We're cursed, don't you get it? The technology we put out the job for? The job for NORMAL people to take? It's us! We're the technology!" He closes his face to where he's almost touching foreheads with Asch, "We're cursed. A God from our home world told us about a place where we could gain the ability to preserve and protect our people... and when we went? We were captured and experimented upon by the people that own the Xenoforce. We escaped. We've been running. They want to capture us and take us apart!!" He backs away, keeping his blade in hand, "But what do you care? You probably don't even believe me. You're just like that damned Coyote - nothing but a trick. How the hell did the Arbiter's even catch wind of this?"

Asch is no longer smiling. "Is that so... as it so happens, I do believe you. I too had been wondering where this job had even come from; the circumstances behind it make even less sense than the last one I was on."

Johnny looks at Asch for a quiet moment, "...it's in our blood. Our every cell. Nanotechnology - it gives us these powers. I think it was meant to cure all disease when it was first made, but the bastard that invented it is hoarding it to himself. He claims it's not ready for the public... but we've gathered other information. Like him selling it to create armies of near-immortal humans. Humans with the powers of Gods. We know Arbiter rules... we know our existance is illegal. Even knowing this - you're still willing to help? Cause if you try and capture us when this is all said and done... we have to fight. We have to survive."

A slight smile returns to Asch's face. "I wouldn't be here were it not the parameters of this mission to assist the clients. I thank you for your cooperation... and as Asch, Arbiter of Mystery, I guarantee the safefy of you and your friends. That is, of course, if you trust me, which I have already said you should not do so easily. Thus... allow me to explain the function of my Shift; I must designate a target for it using the words 'the following is a hypothesis about-'. Therefore, were I to say..." the blade falls out of Asch's sword as she says "The following is a hypothesis about the Xenoforce-" blue ether begins to build up around her blade "The ether I am gathering would only be able to affect people or places associated with the hypothesis. Shall I continue?"

Johnny hesitates a moment. "The last time we trusted a God... we were tortured beyond sanity and forced back into changed bodies. You ask a lot of me..."

Xen speaks up on Johnny's transceiver, "Johnny we need a hand!"

"But I have little choice. Go on."

Blue ether pours from Asch's mouth. "Some party involved with the Xenoforce discretely informed the Arbiters of the request by the Red Ship Crew for protection. The parameters of the mission originally called for Arbiters to be discrete about their nature, implying the Red Ship Crew had no idea whether they were hiring gods or not. The purpose of this was to investigate the crew, determine the nature of their abilities, and report it to the Arbiters, who would detain the Red Ship Crew without any knowledge of their connection to the Xenoforce's 'Master.' There is evidence that the Xenoforce is in possession of abilities forbidden to mortals, granted by Nanomachines, which if traced back to the 'Master' would clearly be harmful to the furthering of his research."

Asch's blue blade forms and Johnny whistles, "So you had no idea what you were getting into either eh... alright. Let's take a gamble then." Johnny cuts the air and a portal forms, he holds out his hand. "Come on."

Asch nods. "In the words of the ancient emperor of Rome, the die is cast." She takes his hand, blue blade glowing and steps through with him.

Johnny and Asch leap through the portal and back onto the battlefield, "...oh son of a..."

Asch gives a disinterested "hmph." "Figures. In all those trashy Sci-Fi novels I used to read Nanotechnology was practically magic."

----------------------------------------

A few minutes prior, Kanon lands on the ground below Julia and rubs his eyes with his hand; a shadow falls over his face. A moment later his eyes are clear again and he peers up at the bat circling. "I would very much like to re-engage..."

Julia shakes her head, "We need to regroup. Save your duel for later."

Kanon scoffs quietly and takes a defensive stance in front of Julia as she lowers herself to the ground, hovering just above it. The earth beneath her wings begins to melt and glow red.

Serpico mixes a new color into his pen, aims it at the group and lets fly with a death-ice blizzard... Kanon stomps a foot into the ground and his shadow raises up and swallows the entire storm. "Nice try."

Xeno begins to move into place but stops as Lumina and Naomi assault him, Naomi wraps her tail around Xeno's neck and manages to drain off some of his weave... however in doing so she impales herself on Xeno's Blood Armor and her body shatters, putting her back into her ethereal form and breaking Lumina's transformation. This just adds fuel to the fire as Lumina puts her own body on the line, trying to take out Xeno... Xeno cackles and grabs Lumina by the wrists as she tackles him and the energy discharges without doing any damage to him... he then lets her go, letting her momentum carry her into his spiked armor where she, too, is impaled horribly. She stumbles backwards, bleeding heavily.

Chandi dashes forward, surrounding all three of the Xenoforce with a runic vacuum box... but Kanon is too fast, he slashes Chandi's rune before she can form it and her spell fails. Chandi forms herself a new weapon and Xeno taunts her, "Awww, you and your little girlfriend can't hit me! NYAH!" Xeno licks his lips, "Scarface tastes good... c'mon chicky. Come get some more of papa Xeno..." He takes an offensive position near Julia, preparing to counter any further attacks.

Xen scowls, "Watch them in that formation... Kanon will try and stop all attacks at Julia and Xeno will counter them. Work together..."

Alexis comes in, worried about Chandi's obvious anger and tries to slap a gag on Xeno to shut him up and stop him from biting - his mouth is frozen shut, but judging by the constant growls coming from the vampire the Arbiters are missing out on some very colorful profanity. Alexis sets up a shadow wall to protect the Red Ship crew and sets himself up to heal anybody who gets close to dying.

Julia grins, "Goodbye Arbiters."

Lumina feels a shadow fall over her and turns to find Gritz, completely alive and now made of rock, with his massive hand raised in the air... he brings it down hard, Lumina is just able to lean out of the way before it smashes into the ground, "Heh, not bad." The big man grins and raises his hand, a huge wall of rock erupts from the ground, blocking any escape from the attack Julia is charging.

"JOHNNY!!" Xen screams into his comunicator, "We need a hand!!"

A few moments later Johnny and Asch appear in mid air, Asch with a blade formed. Johnny takes one look at the situation and mutter, "...oh son of a..." He leaps down in front of the group and prepares his sword, just as Julia lets her miniature sun fly... Johnny cuts the air before it and it disappears; the ground shakes a moment later as elsewhere on the planet there's a huge explosion.

Bob shouts, "DAMMIT JOHNNY! This planet may not have civilization on it but there's a ton of wild animals!! Be careful!!"

Johnny turns and shouts back, "You're worried about wildlife when a dead man just stood up and tried to make a goddess pancake?!"

Xen growls, "How the hell is this possible?! He was dead! His brain melted!"

Julia smiles and adjusts her glasses, "Corporate Secrets. Come back home and we'll show you..."

Wolfie screams, "Stupid bimbo! I don't care how many times you stand back up! I'll fry you as many times as it takes."

Xen is quick to adapt, "Alright... if we can't kill them, then we trap them. We'll sort out the how and why later..." Xen cracks his fingers, "Thanks for grouping up morons!" Xen spins his body high into the air and swings down hard... Kanon is quick on his feet and leaps into the air, slashing at Xen and forcing him out of his flip early. Xeno takes to the air again and swings hard with his blades... Xen flicks his wrist but can't deflect the entire attack and takes another deep gash to his arm.

Wolfie roars, "#@$%ING CLONE BASTARD!!"

"Wolfie... don't!!"

Xen cries out but it's too late, Wolfie rockets forward and tries to impale Xeno on her twin sabers of blue fire... Xeno swings sideways and Wolfie catches her side on his armor, bleeding. She doesn't stop and rockets high into the air, "BURN!!" she raises an open palm and fires a crescent shaped wave of fire at Xeno... he can't avoid this one and screams beneath his ice mask as the fire blasts over him - Wolfie makes it so he passes through the fire and takes only burning damage from it, keeping him from bleeding. "Smells like vampy-bacon!" She grins.

Harmony glides in, raising two fingers and attempting to fire out three beams of spiraling light to drill through her foes... instead, MUSE appears in the form of a large camera and screams, "SAY CHEESE!!!" There's a huge flash of light and Harmony is now the proud owner of a 360 degree panoramic hologramed photograph of some very surprised humans and gods.

Kanon not only has time to shut his eyes, but he holds his sword up to the light and the bind on it is obliterated.

Johnny, Gritz, Wolfie, Bob, Serpico, Chandi, and The Awakener have enough time to cover their respective eyes before the bulb explodes.

Xeno has no idea what's about to happen and takes a flashbulb about as bright as a lightning bolt directly to the eyes. His muffled screams pour out from behind his ice-mask as he holds burnt looking eyes in his hands.

Xen manages to ponder, "What the hell is thAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Before he, too, is holding his eyes. "I CAN'T SEE!"

Julia blinks and rubs her watery eyes, "So many spots... damn you..."

Alexis manages to shut his eyes but he can't protect the wall of blackness that is his Shift and it shreds during the flashing, once again returning to his feet while smoking.

Asch's hat can't protect her eyes, which begin to burn and water, leaving her seeing nothing but spots.

Harmony herself isn't even ready for MUSE's sudden appearance and is also seeing spots.

Lumina is in about as bad of shape as Xeno.

Bob runs over to Xen, followed by Harmony and touches their foreheads - a soothing warm feeling spreads through their faces and their eyesight cleared. "Hold still..." He draws an arrow, slides his finger along it till the tip glows green and fires it at Asch - it hits with all the raw power of a nerf-dart and suddenly her eyesight is restored as well. "We are still at a disadvantage here..."

Awakener takes the moment to try and break down Kanon, who raises his blade and deflects the spinning nemesis at the last possible moment. The Awakener then turns and swings widely at Julia, Kanon's too off balance to stop It... "Julia! Downward left NOW!" Julia swings automatically and barley shoves The Awakener's first attack away, who follows with a second... "LEAP!" Julia blasts into the air and leaps above the staff - Xeno lunges forward, trying to cut away at Awakener's assault... but he slashes nothing but air, unable to see the big hulking armor.

Xen backs away and nods at Johnny, his team and the Arbiter's having heard Asch's conversation over their com links. "Okay... so the Xenoforce can't die. If you are really with us, help us trap them. If we can lock them down long enough, we can get away."

    —————————————>
    [Kanon] HP [21/25] // Weave [60/90] // SP [10] // Recycle [8] // PC [10]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xeno] HP [9/47] // Weave [30/50] // SP [7] // Recycle [10] // PC [10]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Gritz] HP [50/50] // Weave [70/80] // SP [6] // Recycle [5] // PC [1]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Julia] HP [31/34] // Weave [40/70] // SP [5] // Recycle [14] // PC [5]
    <—————————————

    —————————————>
    [Johnny] HP [20/20] // Weave [35/60] // SP [10] // RC [10] // PC [6]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xen] Health [28/35] // Weave [40/80] // SP [5] // Recycle [10] // PC [5]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Wolfie] HP [22/28] // Weave [40/90] // SP [1(5)] // Recycle [15] // PC [9]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Bob] HP [40/40] // Weave [43/72] // SP [4] // Recycle [12] // PC [9]
    <—————————————


    —————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [39/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [10/20] [Black Ink]
    [Intentions] – Julia: What an annoying fellow.

    <Effects>
    [Absolute Zero Arm Blade w/Wind Barrier - -1 Defense Roll per successful hit, max of -3, +1 Damage Attacking, -1 Damage on taking hits]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [15/28] // EP [28/63] // SP [9] // RG [1(3)] // RC [12] // PC [7]

    <Effects>
    [Blinded - -3 Attack Rolls, 5 Turns]
    [Extreme Protection on Red Ship, Damage will repair itself]
    [Runic Trap – Electric Counter against attacks on the Red Ship]
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Transformation> - Inactive [Shift n Transformation down for 3 Turns]
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [40/40] // EP [15/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Cudgel - -1 Defense Roll for targets on hit, max of -3]

    <Effects>
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [24/24] // EP [56/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

    <Effects>
    [Shift Down – 3 Turns]
    [Defense Prepped, Heal an ally near death]
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [38/38] // EP [24/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – []

    <Effects>
    [Blue Blade Formed]
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Harmony] HP [45/45] // EP [50/85] // SP [5] // RG [3] // RC [9] // PC [8]
    1st Score – [None]
    2nd Score – [None]
    3rd Score – [None]
    Glitch Chance – [0%]

    <Effects>
    <Counter Break/Blast> - Counter Attack with Flux/Will on 5+ Defense Rolls
    <Perfect Mind> - +1 Runic Damage Reduction
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [45/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

    [Status]
    [Ultimate Armor - +2 Attack Rolls, +1 Defense Rolls, 2 Turns]
    [Ultimate Withering Blade – Physical Strikes attempt to stop Xeno’s Bleeding and unmake blood armor]
    [Limitless Grip – No matter how big or awkward, Awakener can hold anything]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10441
Alexis' eyes narrow. Asch's conversation with Johnny had answered a lot of his questions... the slight doubts he'd had before had largely evaporated.

It is clearly time to treat this a lot more seriously.

Alexis turns around in the air, flying above the Xenoforce's formation. When he reaches a point directly above them, he loops about and dives straight down for a moment, reaching for his Cold rune. He aims directly for Julia - and creates a pillar of ice below him, a massive weight to drop on and crush her.

Julia's plasma will probably melt the icy pillar, but that will merely turn it into a quantity of cold water; and water can put out fires, hopefully removing her aura of heat.

He's ready for Kanon's shadow to try to block the attack; his own Dark rune waits to shut that defense down...

Cold rune: Attack: Ice Pillarx2
Dark Rune: Counter Kanon's shadow defense

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
Chandi scoffs as her Rune is cut in half, rendered useless by the simple swing of a sword. "One of these days, that'll actually work." She mumbles to herself, turning a burning glare towards Xeno and his suggestive comments. She points her cudgel towards the vampire, then brings it into the ground with a heavy smack, the earth underneath cracking and crumbling to a powder. Chandi turns her head towards Lumina, just in time to witness something unexpected. Chandi steps back a bit, but then reasserts herself, and steadies her stance. "Guess you really weren't using that brain." She says to the rock man, a cold smile on her face. "That would've killed your smarter 'allies.' Not that they seem to care one way or another what happens to you." Chandi snaps her head towards Lumina, and focuses another rune for casting. It twists into shape around Lumina, glowing brightly, before doing its best to undo the damage the magical girl goddess had taken.

[Support Rune: Change - Renewal]

Chandi swings the cudgel onto her shoulder, taking a look at the situation around herself, trying to take in everything that's going on, and processing the new information from Asch and Johnny. She frowns for a moment, and then starts chuckling. "Oh, this is rich." She says to herself. "Mortals, Mortals everywhere, and for their lives, I do not care." The chuckling grows into full blown laughter, as the wind starts to pick up around Chandi, spiraling into little dust devils around her feet. "What an epiphany. I just realized, I'm the only pure god here. Immortal through and through. I killed one of your team already, and even though he came back, it took so little effort that I could probably do it with all of you. No, not probably. Definitely." Her gaze shifts, ever so slightly to Lumina. "I'm absolutely Confident of that. I just have to open this eye, and even other pure blood gods die horribly. But I can do better than that for you mortals." Chandi's laughter begins to echo within the wind, and a gale starts to form around her, amplifying her voice, even as her form begins to blur more so than usual. "You mortals like to give names to your gods, right? You have things you call them when you want to praise them or curse them. Well, my mortals had a name for me too." Chandi's form begins to rise, slowly and steadily, into the air. "The called me the Rider of the Wind." The gale begins to carry the color away from Chandi's skin and clothes. "The Stirrer of the Storm." The wind and Chandi's voice become one and the same. "A hurricane of rage in human form." Chandi's humanoid form disappears from view. "But of all of them, there was one I just absolutely loved the image of." The sky above the group seems to shift and tear, an enormous skeletal humanoid figure with sharp fangs, three open blank eyes, and one clawed arm forming from the ether of the air itself, falling into place where Chandi once was. "I am the Monster of the Sky, mortals. And I am coming after you."

[Aura - Intimidation]

Chandi's aura raises one clawed arm and brings it down towards the Xenoforce, aiming for Julia, coinciding with Chandi's own cudgel attack against the plasma wielding Mortal.

[Offense - Cudgel Bash]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpcio hops over the rock wall to face Gritz. *Whistle* "Strong body, that. Don't think this ice sword will have a chance against that."

Gritz grins at Serpico, "Aww, whazzamatter? Jealous and angry that a little ol' mortal like me can resurrect like you?" He smashes his rocky fists together.

"Nah, that's neat. Lots of people would love that. Its the rock. you can't just cut rock or freeze something like that. Well, guess I better make something better." He draws rapidly, and the (heretofore unseen color) black ink forms into a wicked shape. A long pole with a spear on the end.

[action 1: Draw medium Naginata]

Gritz guffaws, "Oh please, I'll snap that little stick in half."

Serpico grins. "Will you now? You might think I make cheap elemental vessets, but this is the base of it. The strength of my crafting without any flaw or addition. And the strongest structure I have. It can pierce your rock body easily enough."

A smile plays across Gritz face, "Is that so? Strongest you have? Well then... let's see whose power is tougher. I dare ya. I dare you to try and peirce me with that... swizzle stick." He chuckles to himself.

Serpico nods. "Ok, then" and he charges forward, thrusting the spear at Gritz's shoulder.

Action 2: Aggress

Gritz laughs, "FOOL!!" He grabs the spear with his rocky hand and wraps his fist around it. "I'll be taking that..." from his hand rippling outwards to his body, Gritz form changes to that of Serpico's spear. When the transformation is complete he flexes his hand, "Not bad. Not the best, but it will do. You're a moron you know that?"

"Yes. YOU ARE!" Serpico cackles. He turns his shift towards the man, and focuses. USing his ink rune, he calls the ink form in front of him, willing it to break down to its component and return to its storage.

Action 3: Ink Rune: Recall to Shift

Serpico re-absorbs his spear without any trouble... but Gritz just stands there grinning, flexing his hand. "Two things you should know about me. One - when I take a form, I am in COMPLETE control of it, no matter what the source was." He starts stalking towards Serpico, "Two? I can only take Solid Forms. No gasses, no liquids... try to turn me to ink was moronic indeed!!"

"Well darn." Serpico grins, weakly. "Good thing at least I was exaggerating ink's strength."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Johnny makes a motion like he's zipping his lips, and Harmony can sense a tiny little rift open near her right ear, "If I've been watching right... you can attune to the things around you, correct?"

Harmony blinks for a moment, then nods slightly, not looking in his direction.

"The Xenoforce just made a mistake...I suspect Xen's gonna pick up on it any second. I'm taking a gamble on all of you... I'm proposing a trade. I'll warp you a sample of our nanobots to attune to... it it will be all of our powers and all of the Xenoforces -- you'll be able to see everything we're capable of. You can relay it to your team. In return, I ask you do the same with your teams powers -- we can work together much easier in that way. If you trust me, do something obvious."

There's a brief pause at Harmony flicks a very dry look in Johnny's direction that more or less says 'for certain values of trust', but then nods her head again.

Johnny smiles, "I'll go first... as a show of faith. You'd best return my investment." A moment later and Harmony feels something in front of her... it's like a cloud, but jaged and invisible. The song is puts off is very monotone.

"MUSE." Harmony nods MUSE over toward the nanomachines, and the small orb floats into the middle of the cloud.

"ANALYZING. ATTUNING."

Harmony tunes into it and relays the information to her team -- Johnny can cut space, tearing two holes in a single slash, allowing him to pass through it instantly. It also allows him to slice apart any kind of object by displacing a thin layer of it, no matter what it is. The sub-dimension he passes through can absorb energy.

Wolfie wields a dual element - Frozen Fire. Her blue flames glow with an orange core and quickly 'freeze', remainging in place for her to throw enemies on or re-absorb for a quick weave boost. She can shape them into whatever she wishes.

Xen controls gravity, bending it to his will with his martial arts. He can increase small fields, make anti-gravity, or even focus it into a very heavy blade. This allows him to both fly and deflect attacks with startling accuracy.

Bob controls the element of life, being able to heal wounds, cause status effects, or even charge the element into his wooden arrows for long range effects. He can even create living golemns to do his bidding, though he tries to avoid it whenever he can.

Gritz is able to absorb any solid, non organic material he touches. When in the materials form, he can bend that same material to his will however he wishes. He can only absorb one element at a time, but everytime he switches forms his wounds heal some.

Xeno controls blood. If his own blood spills he can harden it to a carbon based substance nearly as hard as diamond. His blood also poisons what it touches, and he can suck the blood of others to absorb thier powers. If he consumes enough blood, the absorbtion becomes permanent.

Julia wields red plasma, which she can control to exact tempurates and what it effects, protecting herself and her allies and burning all others. In control, she only pushes it so far... but a hidden volatile personality streak sometimes sends her spiraling out of control and she burns everything around her. Shes near-immune to fire effects, and only Wolfie's power can burn her.

Kanon is a shadow-bender, able to meld with shadows, cut them with a light blade for indirect damage and assassinations, as well as pin a persons shadow to the ground so they can't move. He warps with the shadow of his cloak, and can also summon light orbs to quickly change shadow posistions for suprise attacks

"So," Johnny speaks, "Will you return the information?"

"MUSE."

"THIS IS UNWISE."

"MUSE."

"THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED."

"MUSE. Now."

#############

See? We give women the right to vote, and...

#############

MUSE starts transmitting a stream of data into the swarm, essentially the data on the basics of the group - their general roles, what Runes they use, a rather long warning about Chandi, that sort of thing.

##############

Hey, these little guys are kinda cute. Can I keep some?

[No.]

Aw, come on. Just one? Surely they won't miss one!

[No.]

I would call him... mini-me!

/Interesting design... can you tell anything about the maker?/

[Looking...]

##############

MUSE continues analyzing the swarm as it transmits the data - specifically, looking for any data it can find on the nanomachine's makers.

Harmony looks over at MUSE, and very pointedly says "No hacking." At which there is a slight metallic sigh.

Johnny holds still a moment as he analyzes what is sent to him, "Thank you. I think we may be able to beat them this time... with your help of course."

MUSE gets a close look at a nanobot - it's smaller than a cell, and quite easily fits dozens inside a single cell. From what MUSE can read, they both have individual consciousness as well as a hive mind... they also seems to be attuned to each human's weave... in fact, they are getting their energy from it. On each nanobots surface is one written word - a logo: Xancorp.

#################

/Oh dear.../

[Someone you know?]

#################

As if on cue, Harmony and everyone else on the team hears a very loud crunching sound, followed by a small string of whispered curses from Athena on their communicators before she quickly realizes the speakers are on and shuts the mic off.

#################

/...let's just say my other half is not pleased with this. I will let her tell you about Xancorp. I highly recomend ending this as quickly as possible.../

Well, at least it wasn't Weyland this time.

[Small blessings. I never approved of how they treated their AIs.]

#MUSE. Is there any way you can shut down their nanotech?#

[You said no hacking.]

#I meant our new allies.#

[I will likely need to get close enough to actively interfere on an Etheric level. Too difficult to do it long distance.]

#Hacking?#

[I know what to look for now... Target?]

#Julia. She seems to be functioning as their leader, and I don't want her fireballing on us.#

[I never did understand what it was with pyros being so unstable.]

Because they're so fabulous.

[...]

/.../

[/*sigh/]

###############

[Support - Harmony Rune - Attune to Johnny's nanomachines]
[Support - Harmony Rune - Further analyze nanomachines]
[Harmony Rune - Attune directly to Julia's nanomachines]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8194
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Gored, blinded, and near broken, Lumina nonetheless catches onto what Chandi is trying to say. Stepping back as quick as she can in the direction she feels is away from Xenoforce, Lumina focuses on Chandi. Specifically, Chandi's third eye, and how best it can be put to good use. Of course, with the day she's been having, she can't help but entertain the idea of Xeno's ruinous destruction. With that in mind, Lumina puts her Confidence Rune to good use and makes the effort to shape and guide Chandi's third eye towards an effect the both of them can enjoy.

[Confident Support - Guiding Hand x3]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2244
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Location: Current Mood: KILL ALL HUMANS
"A trap..." Asch mutters as she overhears Xen's remarks. "In this circumstance, that may be better than this blade..."

She stops as though to think, and then sighs. "Well, that's no good. A locked room illusion would be perfect in this circumstance, but Ashley has no interest in this fight... fickle girl..." A thought then crosses her mind.

"Awakener? Could you assist me? While it won't be quite the same as a true illusion crafted by a witch, with your help, I can probably create a suitable cage..."

With that, she takes a deep breath, returning her blade to its sheath (though not releasing the blue blade), focusing her mind while she waits for Awakener before focusing on crafting an illusion.

[Action 1. Recharge EP]

As Awakener joins her, she raises her arms like a conductor, red and blue ether weaving as she spins a complex illusion, aimed at trapping the Xenoforce. "A locked room... a dead body... a chain lock is set... bars are on the windows... all entry and exit impossible when chain lock is set... no way in or out except through the door... construction of a 'perfect closed room'... Complete..."

[Action 2-3. Mystery X Illusion Rune - Locked Room]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3848
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener lowers its blade and nods, focusing the power of the Final Rune into Asch's illusion. While Asch focuses on creating a mystery, the Awakener lays metaphorical chains over the stage, setting the rules that shall govern the game.

First, with the power of the End, the Awakener sets the most important rule of any mystery - there shall be but one answer. As its magic flows through the Locked Room, it fills in any gaps or cracks left by Asch's magic with its own ether. While ordinarily it may be possible to construct a solution to a puzzle that addresses all of the clues in a logical way, in a mystery, there is only one answer - one Culprit. Now any false conclusion - any escape based on an answer besides Asch's, whether due to a gap in the mystery left by mistake, an attempt to cheat or play games with the system, an attempt to rely on the fact that there are three of them and to let two escape while one remains, or even a false escape which would fail in the end... All of it leads inexorably to a Bad End. Bad Ends fill the Witch's maze like hungry mouths, waiting for the careless detectives to stumble into them, their conceptual teeth an inescapable thicket for any attempt to escape except through the one true path.

Second, there shall be no interference - a rule bound to the very heart of the Mystery rune, given force by the Final Rune's power of Limitation. All supernatural and preternatural agencies are ruled out as a matter of course; no accident must ever help the detective, nor may he have an unaccountable hunch that turns out to be correct; the detective may not be given the answer by an outside party - he must be the detective, he must solve the case through logical deductions. Should any other party attempt to assist those within the mystery, or should they attempt to violate the basic laws of it, their efforts will simply be swallowed up without effect.

Finally - fittingly enough, with the power of Finality, the Awakener sets its last rule: The game shall have but one conclusion. The Golden Ending - the point where all participants find the answer to the mystery - is the only way to escape from the Witch's illusion. To break the illusion through other means, to be dragged from it by a companion not within it - even though these things would ordinarily end such a trap, they cannot do so here. Not even suffering the failure of a Bad End will free the mystery's prisoners, for the mystery cannot conclude until laid to rest properly. Only two endings await those within - success by their own merits, or failure and eternal imprisonment, devoured alive by Bad End after Bad End.

1-3: [Support Final Rune - End / Limitation / Finality] Rules of the Game

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 4426
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Location: Kampai!!
((OOC - With the information traded, you'll all be seeing all the actions and stats of everyone in battle now. Think of this as an advanced battle tutorial. Watch what I do, anything I do here you also can do - or come up with your own ideas. I'll also put a little explanation as I go))

Johnny whispers to Harmony and trades information with her, allowing the Arbiters to have clear idea of what each mortal is capable of.

[Speak To Harmony via Warp]
[Trade Information via Warp]
[Relay Information to his Allies via Warp]


Xen grins, "Heh. Alright." He points at the Xenoforce, "So you're immortal? You honestly think that helps you here? You just handed us the advantage."

Julia scoffs, "What? Do you think you've all gained immortality as well? It's possible... if your nanos have evolved as much as ours. In fact that's part of why we came to capture you..."

Xen cuts her off, "But that's just it... you can't risk killing us without knowing if we've gotten as far as you all or not. And we've been holding back from killing all of you because we're not murderers... but if we can't kill you? Well than we don't have to hold back a thing anymore do we?" As Julia growls at him, Xen turns to the Arbiters, "Like I said, try and trap them... but it also looks like it takes a little time for them to come back if they die. If all else fails and they do die, trap them before they resurrect." His team nods at him and they turn back to the the battle.

Julia makes a distasteful face, "Enough of this. Take down the Gods, capture them when their support is eroded away. They aren't going to help us." She nods at Kanon, who nods back and disappears in a twirl of his cloak.

[Movement Support (+1 Roll): Teleport to Alexis] > Combo > [Target Attack: Bind His Shadow to the Ground w/Kunai] > Combo > [Target Attack: Remove the head of the Stuck Shadow]

((OOC - Combo attacks benefit by adding a +1 to your next action if the prior one succeeds. The risk is that if one of the actions fail, all actions after that failure do not fire. For this example, Kanon used a movement to give himself a boost, combo-ing it with a targeted trap, and a lethal blow. Let's see how it works out for him.))

Kanon appears above Alexis, Kunai in hand and flings it downwards hard, trying to catch his shadow as it glides across the ground... this time he's on the mark. The Kunai sticks into the shadow on the ground and Alexis finds himself frozen in mid air, not even able to fall or move in the slightest. Kanon dives down towards the ground, drawing his light-sword and aiming for the neck of the frozen shadow - with a huge tug, Alexis manages to tear himself free of the binding and move, but Kanon's sword still catches the shadow some -- a huge gash opens on Alexis' neck.

((Kanon has a passive that gives him +2 to shadow attacks, he also got another +2 since his last two combo actions were successful. Finally, the binding that had trapped Alexis made him lose 2 to his defense rolls. If you add the fact that Kanon's Keen is 10 and Alexis Beat is 7, that's an incredible +7 roll, making combos extremely powerful when they work right. However - Kanon rolled a 9 and Alexis, a 5 - that's just 4 points difference. For a lethal shot like this, I require a much bigger spread, like an 8 point difference or above (basically what happened with Gritz). So, Alexis didn't die, but did take 4 damage. He also freed himself of the status attack since he manged to dodge. Alexis got lucky.))

Serpico attempts to absorb Gritz into his pen... only to find out that he can only absorb solid, non-organic objects. So all he's done is given Gritz a new form to play with. Bob comes up behind Serpico and has a rushed, whispered conversation with him that comes away with them both having a bit of a plan.

Lumina drops back behind Chandi, waiting until the scarred Goddess goes first. Chandi attempts first to aid Lumina, trying to dispel the blindness on her and heal her some - Lumina feels her body changing, her wounds changing to fair skin, her blindness changing to sight. Save for a few left over bumps and bruises, Lumina is totally healed.

Chandi then charges her aura around her, speaking as a Goddess to try and intimidate the mortals. Kanon speaks in return, "The arrogance of your kind is astounding." Each of the Xenoforce watches as Chandi pours the full power of her aura. Lumina pours her own power into the aura, trying to force open Chandi's Third Eye open... and it explodes open wide. Lightning pours off of Lumina into the sky, surrounding the monstrous aura with light and fire, making it seem a storm come to life. With one massive final explosive clap of thunder and lightning the attack comes down upon Julia... Lightning tears into her from all sides, her wings shatter, her plasma spear-tip vaporizes and she's left bleeding and groaning in the bottom of a crater. The entire Xenoforce is now afraid of Chandi, and Julia's barely alive.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Wolfie shouts to the sky as the aura dissipates and Chandi's third eye closes again, "You go girl! THAT'S THE WAY IT'S DONE!"

Xeno is completely flummoxed, "The hell... that's dirty pool..." or at least that's what he would say if his mouth wasn't frozen shut. Instead the group is treated to, "uh el... hats irt ooll." He growls and touches his finger to the ice, "et rye ow ii hang oon..."

[Use Stolen Change Rune To Remove Status Effects]

The ice melts and his eyes clear, the only thing he can't rid himself of is the memory of what he just witness, "Chicky-D you scare me... I must have you. This power is one I want to keep..." He flies at Chandi, mouth wide open...

[Attackx2: Bite and Drain Chandi]

((Unlike a combo that can get multiple hits, combining actions to attack will give the attempt an automatic +1 roll, +2 if he combined all three actions. The benefit is that the chain won't fail, the cost is that it's a single attack with a single effect - a focused effort. Xeno rolled a 10, Chandi a 1. Xeno gets +1 from the action, +2 from his 10 Edge vs Chandi's 5 Flux, +2 from his Blood armor and +1 from his weapon. That's a total of +6, so this is really a 16 v 1. That's 15 damage instantly, but with this high a difference in the roll that's a critical hit so it does 1.5 damage - that's a rule for everybody. Chandi takes a massive 23 damage, rounded up. As her racial already went off this round, she has a 3 turn cooldown on it so it cannot again... she's in trouble, and Xeno gets a massive boost.))

Xeno bites down hard, going right for her jugular; before anyone can do a thing he's drained the majority of Chandi's blood again... but this time something about his altered-weave changes. He doesn't hold on to her this time and lets her drop to the ground, "Hah... hahahaha.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Wonderful! So wonderful!!! I love it!!!!"

Xen spits out, "Dammit... when Xeno drinks enough blood, he can permanently absorb someone's powers... he's done it to our friends and other Gods before... now he's got her Rune in his blood. For good." Xeno is too busy admiring himself to reply.

Alexis takes the opportunity with Julia down to try and finish her off with giant pillar of ice... Julia comes to her senses at the last possible moment and rolls to the side, taking some gashes as the pillar breaks on impact with the ground. He then turns in the air, trying to remove the shadow Kanon uses as his defense once again... and once again Kanon is too fast for the bat. Despite all that's happening around him, the look on Kanon's face is one of joy.

Gritz charges for Serpico, try to remove the wily god's head from his shoulders with a massive swing...

[Attack: Serpico]

Serpico leans back and dodges with ease. "Speedy little bugger aren't you..." He charges again, forcing Serpico back against the rock wall he summoned up earlier and tries to break his face once again...

[Attack: Press Forward against wall]
[Attack: Smash The Face]


((This is an attack that utilizes the environment for a +1 boost. You can look around for a free action, or pm me, to see if there's anything useful, or be like Gritz and create your own obstacles. In this case, it was 4 v 4, which is a block.))

Serpico's back hit the wall and Gritz fist comes down, Serpico can't move quite fast enough but the wind barrier around his blade is enough to change the course of the massive hand and make it slam into the ground instead. "Tch... slow down..."

Asch takes a moment to gather her power, and then launches her trap - red and blue ether spiraling around Kanon, Julia and the still cackling Xeno... Kanon watches as shadows form around him, and thinking that he can simply warp out lets the trap close... only to find himself now mired in a world of illusion. Julia cannot recover in time before the room springs shut around her due to her critical injuries, and Xeno leaps away from where the ether converges, keeping well away from the two blue and red boxes that now sit on the ground containing Kanon and Julia.

Xen claps his hands together, "Nice one! That's the way! Love, help contain Julia! I'll try and pin down Xeno..." Xen rockets over above Xeno and spins in the air, pushing all his power into slamming the charged up vampire into the ground before he can use his new power...

[Actionx3 - Gravity Crush]

((What Xen is doing here is using his Rune to create a field effect, trying to pin Xeno to the ground while he's within it and thus, trap him. Since it's not actually a targeted part of his body, but a wide spread effect, Xen rolls from his Rune stat and not his Keen))

The gravity well slams into Xeno, making him drop to his knees, then his hands, and finally forcing him face first into the ground where he lay frozen under the massive weight of the gravity well around him. 'W... wha.... the... f...f....."

Xen laughs with victory, "HAH! Take that you damned clone! Now sit there and wait for us to mop up!!"

Wolfie squees with delight, "Let's make sure she can't fry her way out of this thing..." Wolfie flips into the air, she flings her open palms downward and lets loose with a huge torrent of blue fire that wraps around Asch's trap and forms into a solid blue square, encasing the entrapped Julia within another trap.

[Actionx3 - Frozen Fire Box]

((Since Wolfie is targeting the spell of an ally, this is an instant success. I roll a d100 to see how potent of an effect this gives - 82 - and now Julia will have to shatter two traps to free herself))

Asch can see Julia's trap within her minds eye; the flame haired woman stands up and looks around the empty office she now stands in, confused. Two men approach her, both are elderly. One has slicked back combed hair of a salt and pepper color and wears a dark pin-stripped suit and tie. The other has a large bulbous nose and is completely bald save for his very pointed white mustaches that sticks out past the sides of his face. He wears a white lab coat.

"Julia..." the dark-suit man pleads, "Come. You have work to do."

"No, my darling, please. Come home with me..." the old man in the lab coat almost begs, "I need you... you have to run from him!"

Julia bites her bottom lip, "James... Julius... I..."

[Action - Decide who matters more]

((Since this is an illusion, a roll will be made to determine her next move))

She runs to the old man and clings to him, "Julius!! Please! You have to help me! He's implanted a chip in my skull that..." her eyes go blank and she slumps over in the old man's arms. The dark suited man stands, holding down a button on his wrist watch...

"I don't have time for some little God to play mind games with my property..." He lets go of the button and there's a huge burst of fire from Julia that revs up around her, melting away the room and the elderly men before...

From the outside, there's a large muffled boom from within the Blue Box, followed by the quiet sound of sobbing. Wolfie unclenches her chest, "Whew... for a second I thought she was going Pheonix on us..."

Harmony finishes examining all of the data given to her to find her main target locked inside her room, crying. She instead tries to focus on the Nano-Machines on Gritz... MUSE is able to find a connection, but it's weak. Before he can boost the signal or change anything however, Harmony's mind snaps inward to find the floating orb of MUSE facing the same old man that appeared in Julia's mind, hands behind his back still wearing his pin-stripped suit. "Interesting. What an adorable little AI. You're quite advanced aren't you?" The man steps forward, moving a single hand out behind his back...

/DISCONNECT!! DISCONNECT NOW!!!!/

There's a light blue flash of light from the mans fingertips and suddenly MUSE can see nothing but blue. Harmony falls out of her mind back into her real body and hears nothing... no music, no MUSE, nothing but the normal perceived sounds of the world around her. MUSE is still running, but there's no response from him at all.

Bob notes Chandi's condition and decides to make his play regardless, "Hey Gritz..."

[Prepare: Enchant Arrowhead with Golem Creation]
[Action: Fire Arrow towards Forest, purposefully missing Gritz]


Bob charges and fires an arrow, it sails wide and darts off into the distance towards a forest far off. Gritz chortles, "You gotta work on your aim there Bobby!"

Bob grins, "Alright, then let's try this... much as I hate it, we need some muscle here."

[Action: Create Earth Golem]

Bob slaps his hand into the ground and a moment later, the ground itself leaps up in the form of a 6 foot tall elemental creature made of rock. The creature roars and charges at Gritz, swinging it's boulder-sized fists...

[Golem Action: Attack Gritz]

The Golem swings hard, but Gritz bats it away with his metal arm. "Not good enough!"

The Awakener chains down Kanon's trap with a strict set of potent rules, making it extremely hard for the human to break his way out -- he must play the game from within; starting the very next round.

    —————————————>
    [Kanon] HP [21/25] // Weave [50/90] // SP [10] // Recycle [8] // PC [10]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Trapped In Illusion Mystery Room – Cannot Take Actions Outside – 3 Ruleset: There can only be 1 Answer, There can be no outside help, only a Golden End will free him – Rules Set vs 10+3 Will]
    [Wary of Chandi - -1 Defense Rolls Against Her]
    <Shadow Warp – Can appear in any shadow and disappear into them, +2 Defense Rolls>
    <Black Assassin – Shadows Cut with Light Metal Blade do like damage to target, +2 Attack Rolls Against Shadows>
    <Brilliant Parry – Physical Attacks and Defense come from Keen and Beat>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 6 / Flux – 1 / Keen – 10 / Beat – 10 / Rune – 2 / Will –10
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xeno] HP [37/47] // Weave [30/50] // SP [7] // Recycle [10] // PC [10]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Trapped In Gravity Well — Cannot Take Actions]
    [Wary of Chandi - -1 Defense Rolls Against Her]
    [30/30 HP Drained From Chandi – Change Power Permanent]
    [28 Damage Blood Armor; Stage II - +4 Defense Rolls, +2 Attack Rolls, Auto-Attack Roll on Melee Ranged Damage From and Against Xeno w/Poison Effect, 5 HP Per Turn Regeneration]
    [Dual Wrist Blood Blades - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, 1d3 Poison per round on damage (stacks up to 3 times)]
    <Blood Bank - +25 HP and +15 Weave>
    <Reactive Armor – Damage done transforms into blood armor that boosts stats and heals>
    <Absorb Blood – Can bite and drink blood to heal damage done and absorb powers temporarily, if he can drain over 3/4s of the target’s HP he permanently absorbs the power>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 10 / Flux – 1 / Keen – 10 / Beat – 7 / Rune – 10 / Will – 1
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Gritz] HP [50/50] // Weave [70/80] // SP [6] // Recycle [5] // PC [1]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Scared of Chandi - -2 Rolls Against Her]
    [Stolen Metal Form - +1 Defense Rolls, +1 Attack Rolls]
    <Flesh Armor – Can absorb non-organic solid material and change his physical makeup to match, granting armor and damage bonuses>
    <Material Regeneration – Changing form heals for 10 HP>
    <Molded Control – When in the form of a material, he can control the same material by touching it or even meld into it>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 10 / Flux – 10 / Keen – 1 / Beat – 6 / Rune – 1 / Will – 10
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Julia] HP [7/34] // Weave [50/70] // SP [5] // Recycle [14] // PC [5]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Broken and Defeated – Julia cannot re-enter this battle]
    [Illusion Room is Trapped inside a 82 strength Frozen Fire Box]
    [Trapped In Illusion Mystery Room – Cannot Take Actions Outside]
    <Firefly – Can apply Plasma-Based spell ups to self for boosts>
    <Internal Combustion - +20 Weave, +10 Weave Regenerated Per Round>
    <Searing Heat – Defended Against Plasma Attacks need to be blocked twice to avoid heat damage>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 7 / Flux – 7 / Keen – 5 / Beat – 5 / Rune – 8 / Will – 7
    <—————————————

    —————————————>
    [Johnny] HP [20/20] // Weave [35/60] // SP [10] // RC [10] // PC [6]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    <Deflect n Dodge – Physical Attacks roll against Edge, then Beat>
    <Spatial Absorption – 40% Chance of Absorbing Runic/Weave based attacks for Weave>
    <Master’s Mark – Targeted attacks roll from Edge>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 10 / Flux – 1 / Keen – 6 / Beat – 10 / Rune – 6 / Will – 6
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xen] Health [24/35] // Weave [10/80] // SP [5] // Recycle [10] // PC [5]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Blood Poisoning – 2d3 Damage Per Turn, 2 Turns]
    <Redirection - +1 Bonus against physical attacks>
    <Reflect – 50% chance return resisted projectile attack>
    <Gravity Fist – Physical Attacks roll from Rune>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 6 / Flux –6 / Keen – 5 / Beat – 5 / Rune – 8 / Will – 9
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Wolfie] HP [20/28] // Weave [5/90] // SP [1(5)] // Recycle [15] // PC [9]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [10 EP Crescent Wave On Ground]
    [Poisoned Blood - 1d3 Damage Per Turn, 2 Turns]
    [Dual Frozen Fire Sabers - +2 Attack Rolls]
    <Everlasting Fire – Any Frozen Fire effects remain on the field and can be re-absorbed for equal Weave>
    <Rocket Boots – (Active) When active, speed boosts by 4 and drains 5 weave per round>
    <Internal Thermostat – Immune to Heat and Ice Effects (Julia’s Plasma Trumps this for direct hits)>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 5 / Flux – 4 / Keen – 9 / Beat – 1 / Rune – 10 / Will – 10
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Bob] HP [40/40] // Weave [28/72] // SP [4] // Recycle [12] // PC [9]
    <—————————————

    <Effects>
    [Earth Golem Active – 10/10 HP, 8 Edge, 10 Flux, 1 Action Per Round]
    <Native Blood – Physical Attacks come from Keen>
    <Life Fortified - +5 HP Regenerated Per Round>
    <White Cell Solider – Cannot be inflicted with Status Effects>
    [Soul 1] Edge – 3 / Flux – 8 / Keen – 9 / Beat – 4 / Rune – 7 / Will – 8
    <—————————————

    —————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [39/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [0/20] [Black Ink]
    [Intentions] – Julia: *sobbing* — Gritz: Foolish God.

    <Effects>
    [Absolute Zero Arm Blade w/Wind Barrier - -1 Defense Roll per successful hit, max of -3, +1 Damage Attacking, -1 Damage on taking hits]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [25/28] // EP [2/63] // SP [9] // RG [1(3)] // RC [12] // PC [7]

    <Effects>
    [Extreme Protection on Red Ship, Damage will repair itself]
    [Runic Trap – Electric Counter against attacks on the Red Ship]
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Transformation> - Inactive [Shift n Transformation down for 3 Turns]
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [17/40] // EP [0/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Cudgel - -1 Defense Roll for targets on hit, max of -3]

    <Effects>
    [Third Eye Shut – 3 Turns]
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [21/24] // EP [46/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

    <Effects>
    [Shift Down – 2 Turns]
    [Defense Prepped, Heal an ally near death]
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [38/38] // EP [21/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – [Julia may be working against her will]

    <Effects>
    [Blue Blade Formed]
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Harmony] HP [45/45] // EP [50/85] // SP [5] // RG [3] // RC [9] // PC [8]
    1st Score – [None]
    2nd Score – [None]
    3rd Score – [None]
    Glitch Chance – [0%]

    <Effects>
    [Silent MUSE – Cannot harmonize with anything]
    <Counter Break/Blast> - Counter Attack with Flux/Will on 5+ Defense Rolls
    <Perfect Mind> - +1 Runic Damage Reduction
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [25/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

    [Status]
    [Ultimate Armor - +2 Attack Rolls, +1 Defense Rolls, 1 Turn]
    [Ultimate Withering Blade – Physical Strikes attempt to stop Xeno’s Bleeding and unmake blood armor]
    [Limitless Grip – No matter how big or awkward, Awakener can hold anything]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10441
Chandi's storm has quite an effect on Alexis' flight path; he twists and turns, trying to find some sort of way to ride these winds without leaving the entire battle far behind. Then the winds die down, and he's trapped, pinned to a single spot in mid-air.

...if he stops, his instincts insist, he should fall. Simply freezing in mid-air is frighteningly uncanny. He twists and pulls, trying to wrest himself free from Kanon's trap, even before the shadow killer stabs at his neck; but only at the last instant does he manage to wrench himself free, gaining a gash in his neck for his troubles. By the time he turns back to the battle, Kanon is trapped, lost within a box of illusion; Xeno is gravitaionally crushed; Julia is trapped in both illusion and frozen fire. Only Gritz is free to move. Fortunately, the slice in his neck is only painful, not lethal; already it begins to heal, the wound slowly closing.

Alexis takes a deep breath. He knows the perfect person to take down Gritz...

He lands next to Chandi, touching down for the first time since the battle began. He touches her on the back of her knee with his tail, transferring energy to her. At the same time, he heals her, given her the equivalent of a night spent quietly resting.

"Alright. Who else needs -" He glances around, settling quickly on one person. He whips his tail around, pointing the end at Xen, healing him as well.

[Transfer 30 EP to Chandi]
[Dark Rune: Rest: Heal Chandi]
[Dark Rune: Rest: Heal Xen]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:46 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Online
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8194
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Lumina is feeling rather drained. Not that unusual, really, what with all of the heavy rune use and major internal injuries... Lumina takes a moment to catch her breath...

[Ether Recharge x2]

After a short break to catch her breath, Lumina moves over and examines Xen's handiwork. "What, you tired little baby?" Lumina mocks Xeno. "Lying down for a little nap, are we pookums?" Lumina's voice turns a shade darker, more cruel. "You hurt my Naomi. You'd do good to stay there and die, scum." Raising her hand, she focuses her Force rune and adds another layer of pressure to the gravity surrounding Xeno, setting up prep work for a larger and stronger restraint.

[Runic Support - Prep Force Cage]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:45 am
Posts: 255
Location: Tejas
Chandi rubs her sore neck, then turns to Alexis. "Thanks bat-boy. I owe you one." She turns her head, to look across the battlefield, pausing shortly to glare, then smile coldly at Xeno's prone body. "So three down, and one left for now, eh?" She turns her head towards, Gritz, a sadistic smile on her face. "And if it isn't my new favorite punching bag what's left too." Chandi chuckles, then looks up towards Xen and his team. "He can only be solids, right? Then how about this. Wolfie, right? Heat him up. Hottest flames you got. I don't think you need to worry about the Hothead anymore. Metal-man will melt if we work together. I'd like to see him recover from that." Chandi doesn't even bother to pass the message along quietly, yelling loud enough for Gritz to hear. "And if he tries to switch to something a little less easy to melt, then he's going to regret messing with a wind goddess." Chandi places her hand behind her back, two different sets of runes forming, and altering in her grasp.

If Gritz remains metal:
[Link with Wolfie]
[Offensive Rune: Change - Melt x2]

If Gritz changes to Earth:
[Setup Rune: Pressure - Set in Stone
-> Combo
-> Offensive Rune: Gale - Erosion x2]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2244
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Location: Current Mood: KILL ALL HUMANS
Asch nods as she traps both Julia and Kanon. "Very good... now time to test the blade."

With that, she turns her attention to Gritz, redraws the blue blade of hypothesis, and heads forward, gauging his form and posture and identifying a weakness, then striking at that with a single trained stroke.

<Free Perception Check - Identify Gritz's openings>
<Actions 1-3. Target Attack x 3 at Gritz's openings>

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 3580
Website: http://wtf.animeblogger.net
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico shakes his head after a moment. "Not a bad plan, but looks like things are moving too fast. Well, let's see if the first part would have worked."

He summons up energy and the blue Rune again appears this time on the ground around Gritz, a spiral of blue that seems to make the rock vanish.
[Action 1: Color Rune: Blue. Infuse Water]

With luck the ground collapses into mud immediately, and Gritz's heavy metal body will sink with it. Serpico grins as he takes a moment to recover, filling his pen once more.

[Action 2: Ink Rune, fill]

"Well, if all goes well, the ball's in your court!" He yells to Bob as he waves his rune again, making the construct of blue vanish entirely.

[Action 3: Color Rune: Cancel Blue]

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"MUSE?"

Harmony's eyes are very wide. She feels deaf - she can't 'hear' anything but normal sounds, and those normal sounds are, in their own way, just as foreign to her as silence would be, uncolored by the musica universalis. She also cannot 'sense' MUSE's thoughts at all - all she gets is the equivalent of a faint static. Around her she sees the others fighting, but for right now she can't even think about them.

All she can hear is 'silence'... and in the back of her mind, the faint drip, drip, drip of water, the stone wall of a cell, and the dark. Always the dark.

"No."

A faint light illuminating the brim of a hat, a grim smile. "You'll give in sooner or later."

"You're mad." Crowding herself back into the corner of her cell.

"All geniuses are, in their own way. They have to be, to consider doing what all believe impossible. What's the saying... being talented allows you to hit a target no one else can hit, but a genius can hit a target no one else can see. Well, I have an addendum to that. The difference between the genius and a madman is that when the genius shoots the target, it's actually there for him to hit. And I..." He twirls one of his guns with a smile. "Always hit what I shoot at." He taps the gun against the bars of the cell. "You never should have betrayed me, my dear. We created you, changed you, made you better. You remember how you were before - pathetic. Weak. And now..." His violet eyes alight with admiration... and something a little more as he scans her body. "Look at you. Beautiful. Perfect..."

She shudders under his gaze.

"It doesn't have to be this way, you know. All you have to do is say yes. Join with me. Become one with me."

"Over. My. Dead. Body.

"Well, that could work too... ah well. I'll give you time to think on it. After all... time is on my side." He chuckles softly to himself. "Oh yes it is." The light fades off into the distance as his voice sings out again, "Tiiiiime... is on my side. Oh yes it is!"


"Nonononononononono-." Harmony has shut down on herself in memory... but if anyone attacks her - anyone at all - she lashes out instinctively.

[Counter All Physical Attacks Made at Harmony]
[Counter All Physical Attacks Made at Harmony]
[Counter All Physical Attacks Made at Harmony]

Top 
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: