Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Lumina enters the cave with everyone else. She, too, is staring daggers at Shin. From the aura of anger and the twitching of her weapon hand, it seems possible Lumina might follow up with actual daggers. A child was just murdered in front of her, and she is trembling with the effort to restrain herself. Eventually though, the pragmatic reasoning of necessity helps her to stay her hand. The twitching motions from earlier flow gracefully into a smoothing of wrinkles in her skirt as Lumina moves to sit down on a nearby rock.

"Chandi, if there's anything I've learned it's that the universe seems to have a sick sense of humor where we're involved." Shifting around to find a comfortable position on the hard surface, Lumina continues. "Shin, how much longer will it be before you are claimed, assuming this is not stopped?"

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener stares at Alexis with an abyssal gaze, and says "you remain a fool. We have been entrusted with the duty to end the life every innocent on this world, along with the world itself, if it proves necessary. If you abandon this duty and condemn all life on this planet to endless misery to avoid ending any innocent lives with your own hands, I am unwilling to work with you further. Otherwise, realize your hypocrisy and cease your folly."

The hollow gaze then fixes on Shin, as it says "however, your eagerness is entirely unnecessary and inappropriate. Though our primary goal is to restore this world, we are still charged with the protection of its people. Also," it continues, with a gaze indicating this is neither meant as a bluff or idle threat, "if you threaten the Leyline of this world again without it being absolutely necessary, I will kill you immediately."

1-2: [Arrange] Charge Ether x 2
3: HELD [Aggress] If Shin threatens the Leyline of this world again without it being absolutely necessary, kill him immediately.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm 
Alexis' ear twitches slightly at the Awakener's words, but he makes no reply.

He thinks back to a dark, moonless night, with thick cloud cover - excellent flying weather. A flight, him and some of his friends, just out to feel the breeze over their wings... wings that did not have great, big, painful holes in their membranes.

If he can recover energy, he'll recover as much as possible. At least then he'll be fully charged when he gets a chance to use it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Shin grins at Alexis shutting down, "Aww... poor wittle baby."

He listens as the others ask for information with a smug smile. "Be angry with me all you want little ones, you still need me."

And then The Awakener speaks. Shin slowly gets to his feet and hobbles over to The Awakener, until his face is is inches from the hollow mask. "Is. That. So?" He pushes closer, almost touching foreheads, "You think you're stronger than me? You think you can handle this world alone? You think you're better than me? Huh?!" He cocks his head to the side, "Well then! Why don't you prove it?"

He turns and hobbles back to the center of the cave, "I, the magnificent Spiral Lighting Shin, shall endow you with all that I have learned on this world. You will take that knowledge and try save this pathetic little planet. Then you will see it is impossible and that the Leyline must be cut." He glares at the group, "Look at you all... so innocent, so stupid... you'll learn the hard way I'm afraid. Not every world can be saved. To think otherwise is to be a true fool."

He squats and starts his story, "When I got on this world, the meat puppets out there were already turning. They were catatonic... just standing around. Their eyes were still normal, but they didn't respond to a damned thing. I sought out the three owner Gods of this world to find them already blighted - they told me their stories."

"They said when the meteor that crystal was struck this world they felt a shift in the Leyline. The meat puppets all gathered round it and tried to study it, tried to mine it... when it first hit? It was no bigger than a child's ball. Almost instantly it started growing... and within hours the meat puppets around it started reacting oddly. They got angry easy, struck out at each other and apologized. It's about that time they and the Gods put in the Arbiter's Request to see what the damned crystal was made of and doing."

"Shortly before I arrived, the Crystal grew to about the size of a building. When it did, the meat puppets all went catatonic - that's when most of the damage you've seen out there was done. They just stopped... if they were standing, they kept on standing. Driving? Heh, the cars careened into whatever was ahead of them. Those flying jets or heavy machinery? HAH! They did a ton of damage. A big chunk of the population - broken and dead just like that. Probably the lucky ones if you ask me."

"When I got here, they were still all catatonic. The three Gods themselves had made attempts to heal them or break the Crystal... they had blight up to their waists by then. It's then I learned the first rule when dealing with this Black Crystal..."

"You're infected if you're on the same world as it, no question. Any interaction with it or whatever it's affected will spread it faster. If it hits your eyes... you become one of them."

"Around that time there was an almighty pulse from the Crystal... it resonated through the planets Leyline and all at once every meat puppet on the world became one of the horde, eyes flipped, crazy as sin. Those near us by the Crystal began to attack us... we were too fast for them. So the Crystal grew, pulsed, and suddenly the meat puppets were much quicker... but burning through their energy at a rate that was starving them. They still couldn't damage us... so the Crystal grew and pulsed and they gained those nasty little teeth you saw. One of them got my leg... sharp enough to pierce even God flesh. It's then I learned rule two..."

"You fight the horde, the horde evolves and fights back. If you get bit, the infection already in you spreads further."

"Make no mistake," he raises a finger, "You are all infected already, even if you aren't showing. Take a bite or touch the damned things energy and it WILL show. So we escaped the horde and sought to double back and just try and destroy the damned crystal itself... by then it made a barrier around itself and around this world. The barrier around the world lets everything in to be infected and lets nothing out. The barrier around the Crystal... is one of pure fear. If you get close to it, you'll start feeling this source-less fear that will chase you away every time -- even pure ether, my guns, turn away from it. There's no way to get close." He raises his palms, "Well that didn't mean the little idiot God owners here didn't try. They got close... they ran, they could do nothing. Eventually the Crystal summoned the horde to protect it... one of them used every ounce of his power to try and heal the meat puppets. That was stupid, but it also taught me rule three..."

"If you use all of your Ether, the blight in you doubles in size."

"It went past his neck at that point... he could hardly move. The horde descended on him and tore him apart, teaching me the final rule..."

"If you die... your soul is instantly forfeit to the blight. When you resurrect, you come back as one of them. That God stood right back up and instantly slaughtered the other two, turning them as well. By then I was long gone, ready to cut the Leyline when I found that damned barrier. So I was stuck... made an illusion, waited, toyed with the meat puppets trying to find a weakness... and when you all showed up. Those three Gods are still out there... waiting."

"And by the way... with my toying I found out how this blight spreads... the Crystal itself is linked up with the Leyline. That's why I know the surefire way to break it is to destroy the Leyline. So here's your challenge kiddies!" He claps his hands, "I have hours, tops, before this blight reaches my chest. When it does, Im not giving it anymore ground. I WILL cut the Leyline of this world. And I will challenge myself to outpace the implosion and survive... I doubt you all can without my aid. So, you all skitter about out there and try and fix this place. I watch you all on my probes, and when you've finally comes to the realization that nothing can be done - we cut it together and try to escape. If you're too stubborn to admit defeat, I'll cut it anyway." He shoots a pointed grin at Awakener. "Isn't this a marvelous game?"

He walks towards the back of the cave, "I would have gone with you... you know. But you're all so self righteous and stubborn and stupid... forget it. I'll be hiding and watching! You'll be entirely on your own... so have fun and try not to die!!" He looks down at Alexis, "Cheer up kid! You get your wish... you don't have to work with big ol meanie Shin!! HAHAHAHAH!!" He plants his good foot deep into Alexis' chest, and before any of the others can react he raises his hand, all the bandages around the cave and around Alexis fly into his palm; he steps on a floating screen and disappears in a flash of light, still laughing.

Ashley sees the illusion unraveling the moment before it happens and quickly steps in, pours almost all of her remaining Ether into forging a new, and much stronger, illusion around the cave to keep their scents from flowing out and any of the Horde outside from wandering near. It's masterfully done and she does not suffer an increase in blight because of it.

Alexis is now freed and the group is spared a moment to relax and plan.

((OOC - All HP and EP Restored))

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
#############

He forgot a few rules.

/Oh?/

You know. Cardio. Double-tap. Don't be a hero. Avoid strip clubs.

/.../

[Don't ask.]

The tassles...

#############

"Bloody idiot. He's going to get us all blighted completely or killed. At least we didn't end up having to fight him... the last thing we want to have to deal with is another fully blighted God."

She turns to the others. "Well? Ideas? Preferably ones that don't involve the cutting the Leyline except as a last resort?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 am 
Alexis doesn't move for the first moment; though Darkness does draw around him, enough to heal his wounds, and he does start echolocating again.

Without opening his eyes, he says "I am a lot less angry than I normally would be now. Is that your Rune, Chandi, or is there some other mental effect going on here?"

"Also, I am unfamiliar with the properties of crystals. How would one go about damaging or destroying them?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:13 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
After she renews the illusion, Ashley clicks her tongue at Harmony's question. "I'll tell you this much, we're at a bit of a catch-22 in here. Asch is most certainly better than me at discerning the nature of the blight, but due to the blight, she's out of commission. If we could somehow take care of it I'm sure she'd be able to conjure up some explanation the way detectives do, but unfortunately she's decided to take an extended nap. And believe me, I've most definitely been trying to wake her up. I can probably summon up some of her tricks, but don't expect analyses from me that are equal to hers."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:29 pm 
"All right, Shin." Chandi says, loud enough for the supposed probes to hear. "If this is a game, then there ought to be a prize. If you win, I'll stay behind with the cut Leyline, and accept punishment for my 'foolish' behavior. If we win, however, you stay on this planet and help the mortals rebuild." She smirks. "Or if that's too much to ask, I'll settle for taking one of your arms. How does that sound?" Chandi frowns, before turning towards the group, to answer Alexis' then Harmony's question. "Might be the rune, or you might just have grown into your Godhood a little bit. As for crystals, they're brittle. You smash them, or at least, that's what I recall. Right now, what we need is information, and unfortunately, the only way we're going to get it with Asch out of commission is to go out there and dredge it up ourselves. That said," Chandi turns her gaze to Ashley. "Does that database you mentioned have any information on the gods who ran this world? We need to know what we might run into out there. And any information Asch might have picked up before you switched with her would be helpful too, if you have it." Chandi pauses then turns to the front of the cave. "I think we're going to have to capture another mortal, and analyze them further. If the crystal can influence the mortals here, then maybe the mortals can influence the crystal." She lowers her voice a moment. "And, worst case scenario, if the crystal and Leyline are so intricately tied, then maybe our little gift from Athena can be used to smash that crystal to smithereens. But I'd rather not risk messing with that much power just yet."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"Inadvisable," the Awakener says. "My infection spread through mere examination of one of the mortals with my Rune. Unless we are certain of results, investigation puts us and our mission at unnecessary risk. Further, these mortals are connected as a hive mind, and of what Shin states is true, it learns from attempts to destroy it. Investigation of mortals may alert it as to what our plans are, what our knowledge is, and where we are taking shelter."

It then turns the hollow mask to Ashley, and states "deduction is not a difficult process. One must take all possibilities, use that which you know to cut away possibilities that prove impossible, until all impossibilities have been exhausted and what is left is the truth. In our case, we have already learned many things from our brief time here, and from our interactions with Shin. The crystal is the source of the infection. It is an active rather than a passive source - infection begins immediately as opposed to requiring a catalyst, cannot be interrupted, and will be eliminated upon its destruction. It infects all mortal life and all Gods immediately upon arrival, although Gods are able to resist infection. If we directly link with it, are wounded by an infected being, or use all of our Ether, the infection spreads rapidly. Upon reaching the eyes, it gains control of the mind and body, including the form of a mortal's body, though the extent thereof is unknown. The crystal reacts to threats, and demonstrates some adaptive ability. The limits of said ability are unknown, but at present have taken the form of biological modification and psychological compulsion. The reaction is additionally not the most effective adaption possible - mortals have been given enhanced strength, speed, and natural weaponry in order to fight Gods, as opposed to ranged weaponry, armor, effective melee weapons, or tactical knowledge. Said enhancements will prove lethal to those enhanced, and as far as we have observed all mortals bear the same enhancement as opposed to tailored enhancements, or enhancements over a fraction of the population. Rather than modifying the mortals with lesser enhancements which would not kill them, or creating constructs to obey its orders from the rock or metal of the world, it has placed its victims in a position where they will be annihilated for short-term protection. Similarly, instead of creating an impermeable physical barrier, or a barrier which would make it unnoticed and suggest nothing is wrong, the crystal has constructed a purely psychological barrier, albeit one which psychologically controls Ether as well as beings. Its ability to defend against purely inanimate objects free of ether is unknown."

The Awakener then pauses, and regards the others. "Are there any pertinent facts that I have failed to mention?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 pm 
"We can get through the fear barrier easily, if that's all there is." states Alexis, confidently. "Any of us, except for Chandi. The trick's simple, we fly in, Chandi, you're the best of us with wind, you stay back and make a wind powerful enough that when we turn round to fly back, the wind pushes us through the barrier in any case. Wind is mindless, it won't get turned back by fear. Once we're past the barrier, cut off the wind so we don't get blown out the other side."

"And I can improve further on that," he adds. "I can use my Dark rune to create a feeling of safety, to push away fear from a small area. Mixing that with Chandi's wind trick should be enough to get a small group through the fear barrier - three, maybe four of us. The rest of us will stay back, keep Chandi safe from the gods of this world while she works her wind trick. Preferably without casting any Ether directly on them. Divert attacks, mainly. The question is, which group of us will be best suited to smashing the Crystal. Awakener, you'd probably be the best at directly smashing, I think you should be in the inner group. Serpico. You - knew Shin from before. How likely do you think it is that he told us the truth, the whole truth? I don't trust him. Ashley - you say you're not as good as Asch at detective work. What is your speciality, then?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico sits, quietly, looking away from the others. But it is clear, looking closely, that his hands are shaking.

"I don't think any of you understand the missed opportunity here." He mutters. But doesn't elaborate.

When Alexis asks a question of him, he looks up, and his face is carefully calm, with a quiet little smile. "The truth? I'd say quite well. He's rather REFRESHINGLY direct when out on a mission. IF he talks about a goal like that, its exactly what he plans. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised hes going to wait. He's also...decisive. Incredibly so. Not surprising he didn't like your quibbling and posturing." The end comes with a sneer.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Ashley scowls as Awakener begins to condescend to her about the facts, and eventually slumps back and mocks snoring until it finishes. Once it is done, Ashley mocks waking up and sneers. "Sheesh, for a guy called Awakener you sure are good at putting me to sleep. I don't need you to explain to me how deduction works, I spend all my time sharing headspace with a damned detective."

Turning to Alexis, she says, "Oh, now you all are interested in me? Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt... remember what I am all about to tell you."

Standing up, she begins, "While Asch and I both have some overlap, she specializes primarily in mystery and dabbles in illusion. Seeing as we're equal and opposite, that means I specialize in illusion and have some ability with mysteries, though as you may recall I prefer creating mysteries rather than solving them."

Walking to the back of the cave, she turns her back to the wall and begins laughing madly.

"Of course, she's a puny detective, and I'm a thousand year old witch. Ahahahahaha!"

Suddenly, a torrent of golden book pages erupts from the ground around her, and she turns with a half-grin on her face. "But now I must take my leave. Just keep this in mind... once you pull away all veneer of mystery and illusion... you are left with only truth." The spiralling book pages envelop her, and she vanishes with the wind...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico's head whips up again to watch the witch vanish into thin air. "More self serving, is it? About what to expect around here, I'm starting to think." His bitter laugh repeats. For a moment his fist clenches, and the explosive glove it is encased in glows, ready to release. Then he relaxes, and lets out a breath he was holding. He seems to calm, the grin on his face losing its manic, sharpened edge, leaving the same strange face that had always been his to show.

"This hasn't been any fun at all." shaking his head, he walks out into the middle. "none of it adds up, either. From what everyone's said, this blight is burning out the targets too fast to be any good for a goal. And it doesn't seem to be natural.....But what would they want? You don't play a joke, or start a game, without an end goal. But this one, it's as if the point of this little alteration was just to make it. Like testing out a new toy...."

He winces. "If that's the case, then there's nothing stopping them from running the toy till it breaks. I think we have less time than even Shin chose to gift us with."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 am 
Alexis sits up to look at Serpico. Then he gets up, and walks to Serpico. With Serpico sitting down, Alexis can reach to give him a pat on the shoulder with his tail. Then he puts his head on Serpico's other shoulder, and gives him a brief squeeze which is probably supposed to be a hug. He whispers something briefly.

"The crystal is getting bigger." he points out. "I think maybe it's eating something. Souls, perhaps?"

He looks over to where Ashley vanished. "I'm not sure if you're still there, but when we leave this cave we could really do with an illusion specialist. There's three gods out there that are likely to attack us, and we can't use Ether on them directly. Someone who can keep them chasing after smoke and mirrors would be perfect."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:50 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
(Via Bunny RP)

Harmony thows her hands up in the air in disgust as Ashley vanishes. “One of these days, I’m going to have to sit down and have a long, long talk with those two.”

She starts pacing back and forth, MUSE hovering close behind. She’s got a headache. The constant song of the planet grates against her ears constantly, and she can’t seem to quite tune it out. The thing is, there’s something about it… suddenly, her pacing stops, and she turns to face MUSE.

There’s a long silence as she communicates with MUSE.

#################

#MUSE. You can hear how this planet's song sounds like. Can you extrapolate that back to how it is SUPPOSED to sound like?#

[PROCESSING.]

Reticulating splines!

#What does that even mean?#

I don’t know. Something to do with llamas…

[The data is coming in.]

/Oh my, that's interesting./

[It appears that this planet’s music has been… inverted.]

#Inverted? What do you mean, inverted? How inverted?#

[Ever see the negative of a photograph? How everything is the reversed?]

/It sounds like there are a few extra bits... possibly the influence of the crystal changing the tune to its needs… but the basic flip is there. It's perfectly inverted, like looking sheet music in the mirror and playing it that way./

Only this music doesn’t say SATAN, SATAN, SATAN.

#... could it be flipped back? Not the whole planet, but on a localized scale... say on me?#

/It would be dangerous to try.../

[Infection is likely.]

…wait

"I thought we were already infected."

No, I think CORE means that the infection may accelerate. But..

[Correct.]

Wait a second... something doesn't add up...

/You, having an idea?/

[Don’t ignore him. He’s better at… fuzzier logic, intuition, than I am. That’s one of the reasons why I created him.]

#What would the normal effect of an inversion like this be on a planet? Does that match up to what is happening here?#

You’re thinking what I am thinking. Athena...ish... programmy thingy.

/...speaking? We do need to work on that name thing one of these days, don’t we?/

A normal Leyline, when playing forward, gives its energy to the world's inhabitants correct?

/Yes. ...oh!/

[Which means that when it's played 'backward', it takes energy from its inhabitants.]

/And that's why they are starving... they aren't burning up their own energy... it's being siphoned from them by the planet's Leyline... which is connected to that Crystal/

#So the people's energy is being siphoned off into the Leyline, which is then furthermore being siphoned into the Crystal itself... What happens when there's nothing left to siphon?#

[What happens when an engine runs out of oil?]

#It stops. So... the Crystal just stops growing. All of that energy, just sitting there. The crystal came from outside, right? So, it comes here to the planet, latches itself into the Leyline, and starts draining energy from the planet. But that's all it's doing - that and protecting itself. But it's protecting itself... stupidly. Slowly. It's learning like a rudimentary AI, correct?#

/It certainly seems to act that way./

#"We haven't heard of the Crystal 'moving' itself, aside from growing larger and larger. So it's not going anywhere. So it's just going to sit here on a dead planet, full of energy. Waiting... Wait. Assuming that someone else sent it... and in the AI they programmed a sort of 'permission' to access... could they TAKE all that energy? They send out the Crystal, the Crystal collects, and then they take all that energy for their own use? Could that be possible?#

/Personally I don't understand the logic behind that. There are faster and more potent ways to gather energy. Serpico is right... this reeks of an experiment. One may go so far as to assume the results don't matter as much as getting data from them./

#I --- … Remind me to ask you about that gathering power thing at a later point.#

/Yes dear. If I’m allowed to answer./

#Let’s forget about whoever might have sent this thing for now. The Crystal itself. We can 'hear' it. How does it's 'song' compare to the Leyline's?#

[It is… disturbing.]

#How disturbing? You've been around. Have you heard anything like it before? Anything in that huge database you like to boast about?#

[No. And that is… rare.]

You wouldn’t believe what’s in those databases. I mean, seriously. I think we have the recipe for a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster in here somewhere.

#That's what I thought. That just makes it all the more likely that whatever it is, it was created by someone...#

Or some… thing.

#...#

[…]

/…/

What?

/May I?/

[What are you doing?]

/Listening./

[I did not give you permi--- how are you doing that?]

/Hush./

....Heh. Pwned by a librarian.

/...this is... it's like it's somehow playing a lack of sound. Giving emptiness form and function./

#So somehow it is playing a ... 'void', of sound? So it is... stopping? the musica universalis on the planet?#

[Less stopping and more… absorption. Like egg crate on the walls of an audio room.]

#Now, for the big question: could you modify the 'song' of musica universalis from the planet to reverse the effect of the inversion, AND counter the absorbtion effect of the Crystal on a single person? Say… me?#

[There’s really no telling. It may do nothing, it may force the Crystal into action…]

/It may make a bubble.../

A bubble?

/Or… think about it... in space, air rushes into the vacuum to try and fill it. Where might that energy and music go if given a release valve? It may be extremely dangerous.../

#How dangerous? What sort of effects are we talking about here?#

/You exploding./

#... that would indeed be rather dangerous.#

Considering if you die the blight gets you...

#What if it worked?#

/As I stated. If it worked and you survived, it would create a bubble around you. However, that may force the Crystal into action. It does have three Gods under its whims./

#*sigh* All right, all right. Hold that thought for right now. What about the ‘bubble’ – the barrier - around the planet? Can you tell me how the Crystal is generating that?#

[That one... is odd. It is connected, or at least it is using the crystal's energy, but I cannot tell how.]

#If we got closer to the barricade, could you tell more?#

[Naturally. It comes with risk, however.]

Such as saying, "Hi! I'm poking your bubble!" And once you pop the fun don’t stop!

/Cute./

#We don't need to be heroes about this. If we can somehow get a message through the barricade, or even take the barricade down, then we can call in reinforcements from the Arbiters. And, if it comes down to it... We can cut the Leyline safely.#

##############

With a long sigh after what seems to be several minutes of intense communication with MUSE, Harmony sighs and leans back against the wall.

“The Crystal is attached to the Leyline. It is radiating an effect that… absorbs musica universalis. Furthermore, somehow it has ‘reversed’ the Leyline’s song. Normally, a Leyline gives life to those on its planet. This one is instead taking it away. I might be able to cancel the effects in a localized area… but it’d be extremely dangerous as in I explode dangerous, and if it worked it would likely alert the Crystal to our presence – we’d likely be facing if not the horde, then at least the 3 Gods on that the Crystal controls.”

“Personally, I’m more inclined to take a different option. The main problem here is the barrier around the planet. The barrier is somehow connected to the Crystal – if we sever the connection, then the barrier goes away. I believe it might be possible to cancel the barrier without getting into a direct confrontation with the Crystal. If we can get the barrier down for even a second, we can call for help. I wouldn’t be surprised if, once we went immediately out of contact, Athena got a strike force of Arbiters ready and waiting. For all we know, they’re already on the other side of the barrier, trying to get in.”

Harmony looks up, in the general direction of the sky.

“I say we go investigate the barrier itself more closely. That high up, the only thing that might come into conflict with us are the three Gods… and no matter what happens, it’s inevitable that we will face them. Better we face them up there in the high altitude rather than down here on the ground. MUSE thinks it can get a better reading of the barrier if I can get it close enough. We all go up to the barrier as one, MUSE and I begin our investigations into the barrier, while the rest of you keep the three Gods at bay. If it turns out that there truly is no way to cancel the barrier without breaking the Crystal, then at least we can fight the three Gods at a place of our choosing.”

Harmony looks over at the others.

“Well? Anyone else have a better idea?”

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG