Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico snorted at Chandi's statement, but focuses for a moment. It is gradual, rather than the immediate snapback, but ink flows out of the back of each person's head (other than Harmony of course) and dissipates. "Happy?"

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:36 am 
Chandi shudders at the feeling of the ink slipping out of her head. "Happy is not the word I would use to describe this." Chandi takes a deep breath, and then rolls her neck. "But it feels better. Thanks. For your good behavior, I'll let you out of the rope." Chandi's Shift begins to loosen around Serpico's torso, sliding, shrinking, and slinking back into the familiar shape of her Bracelet. Chandi takes a moment to observe the remainder of the planet lost, then turns her head to Athena. "Can we go now? I want to get this over with, drink a pot of Darjeeling, and collapse for a little while. And sometime after we get back, I want to talk with you alone. But not now. Too tired now."

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 am 
"Ah..." Alexis takes another look at Serpico. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise how injured you were. We'll talk later, then. After you've recovered." He looks up again, towards the place where the Man with the Scar had been. Then he turns around, looking behind him. "Chandi," he says, "this might sound strange, but - what do you know about the man who threw a spear at Harmony?"

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 am 
Chandi raises an eyebrow at Alexis' question. "No more than you do." She says with a shrug. "I was paying more attention to the Golem than to anything else. I only know what Harmony showed us." She pauses for a moment, then frowns, ever so slightly. "Why are you asking me?"

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"They just seemed so happy..." Lumina finally says, after several minutes of floating cross-legged, staring in solemn mourning at the remains of the planet. "There, at the end. When they'd been freed of the blight, the first thing they did was run to each other. They didn't take up arms and fight in anger. They didn't turn tail and flee in terror. The first thing they did was an expression of joy..."

"And Shin took that from them..." Lumina mutters bitterly, staring at the last point where Shin had been before Athena sent him scurrying away. "He took what should have been a moment of joy for them... For all of us. And he crushed it. You've got the records from the fight, Athena! We had that thing at the end of the rope! We were about to beat it. We could have beaten it. WE COULD HAVE HAD IT! We were winning, AND IT WAS TAKEN AWAY, just like that. Just like that..."

Lumina sinks back into silence, covering her hands with her eyes.

Naomi curls herself around Lumina's chest and face, obscuring the others from seeing her.

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 am 
"Oh, good. I was wondering if your Soul Scarring would make that memory effect affect you, but it seems that it won't."

He looks over the group. Serpico... will take some time to recover. He doesn't seem likely to die immediately, at least; Alexis can get a better idea of how injured he is when they're somewhere where echolocation works, but even after a few healing doses of Dark it's clear he's pretty injured. Harmony is - a bit out of things, and after what she went through, no wonder. Chandi's ether is almost entirely drained. Asch is badly shaken, and apparently internally controlled by... some other personality? Someone called Sheppard? ... who looks very much like Asch. The Awakener stares in rapt attention at the collapsed black core of the world below. Lumina seems in the grip of despair, and really needs a hug. Alexis himself is still going on a combination of one part adrenalin to three parts artificially-induced determination; a potent mixture, but one that will present its bill later.

It's clear that, even if they could track the Man in the Tattered Cloak, they're in absolutely no state to do anything about him; at least half the team is entirely defenceless. Alexis sighs slightly.

"One last thing." adds Alexis, to Athena. "I'm not sure if it's in your book or not, but - Ashley traced back the past of the Crystal a bit. I don't think this was the first world it was on. There was a glimpse of - some other place - shattered and destroyed. It might be like - eggs - something that makes a nest, eats a world, and then lays a new set of eggs to send to a new set of worlds... I think this crystal egg may have been from the first nest, which was why the Man in the Tattered Cloak was watching it personally. But... it might not have been the only egg in the first nest."

"...and we need to get back."

And then he turns to Lumina, enfolding her in a giant, winged hug. "We'll deal with Shin." he promises her. "Not now. But later. As soon as we can." He thinks about this for a few minutes, and then adds "There was someone once, in a tribe whose route used to come near the route of my tribe. She was the daughter of the chief, and her mother believed her word above the words of all others, and defended her from all threats, perceived and actual. She took shameless advantage of this; if someone offended her even slightly, she would lay grave accusations against them with her mother, and they would take terrible punishment. It was obvious to everyone else that the fault lay with the daughter in all cases, yet her mother, the chief, would hear no words against her daughter."

"One night, she and her daughter woke up, and found that everyone else had left. The rest of the tribe had simply flown away, during the day, leaving the two of them alone; no sentries to warn of danger, no-one to help in any way, at all. They tried to join our tribe after that, but our Elders would have nothing to do with the two of them. After much pleading, our Elders accepted that one of them, and only one, would be permitted to join us; that the other must leave, and find a different tribe to join. The mother left her daughter with us, and went to seek a place for herself to live."

"My world is... a dangerous place for someone travelling alone. It is likely that the mother died on her journey. It is certain that we never heard of her again. The daughter lived with us. She was troublesome at first; but without the overprotection of her mother, she quickly matured and learnt to tell right from wrong. She managed to survive, and grew old in our tribe; she was herself an honoured Elder in my time, and no-one was more severe with childish tantrums than she was."

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 am 
"What a touching story." Chandi says, with the hint of a grimace in her voice. "I'm sure that by the time Shin's had the chance to reach Elder status, and all of his allies in the uppers are dead and gone, he'll be the most fair and just god in existence. A true pinnacle of humility and equality." Chandi takes a considerable amount of effort to avoid spitting into the empty space around her. "You seem to keep having trouble differentiating between the lifestyle of gods and mortals. No matter how similar you are to your old selves, Alexis, you are no longer the same. And no matter how similar a god may be to someone from your own world, they will not follow the same rules. I'm sure that your Elder was a fine...whatever your race calls itself. But you're disgracing her memory by even remotely comparing her to that piece of filth." Chandi sets her teeth, her lower lip splitting with the ferocity of the bite. "He didn't even see any of you as gods, let alone Arbiters. He's one of those sickening types that sees itself as above Mortals, even ascended ones, or demi-gods. He won't learn."

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:18 am 
"How should Shin's story end, then?" asks Alexis. "I would, yes, have him grow to realise his own folly, and to make reparations for it. But perhaps he can never change. Growth is a hard path for a mortal, I don't know what it's like for one who has never been mortal. Perhaps it is harder. But, like us, he cannot easily die - for if he does, he will return."

"The ending for Shin's song has not yet been sung. How would you have it end?"

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"In silence," the Awakener says abruptly, neither elaborating nor changing the focus of its hollow gaze.

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
, "a story can end many ways, Batty." Serpico muses, before his expression shifts to a vicious grin. "So rather than wait for the ending, you should work to have a role in writing it. That way, not only do you witness it, there's the fun in seeing your actions play a part." He lets out a tired, but emphatic, dark chuckle.

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 am 
Alexis looks at the Awakener. Silence is nothingness - silence is the end of all songs, not just one song. Surely he doesn't mean... "You want Shin to live until the End Times?" he asks, wondering if he's missed something in the metaphor.

Serpico wrote:
"So rather than wait for the ending, you should work to have a role in writing it. That way, not only do you witness it, there's the fun in seeing your actions play a part."

"I quite agree." says Alexis, reshaping his Shift as he speaks. "But which end should our actions lead towards?"

His Cloak of Darkness extends a pair of long, stretcher-shaped protrusions; one he places under Serpico, the other under Harmony. This way, when gravity suddenly returns, the most injured members of the group will have something to rest on.

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 am 
"You sure know how to ruin a metaphor, Batbrain." Chandi says with a sneer. "Let me see if I can remember enough of what you've told us to get the meaning of the idea through your head. We want to smash his vocal chords into a fine paste, sew his lips shut, rip off his ears, tear him limb from limb, and hand feed him to the Eater like so much fresh fruit." She locks a cold stare at Alexis, and the sneer fades to a frown. "That clear enough? Gonna ask any more dumb questions? Because I know that no matter how much you refuse to learn about anything outside your culture, in seven years time you should have figured out enough about the way we react to know when we're suggesting the complete and utter destruction of a sackless waste of ether."

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 am 
"Ah, yes, that would be rather cathartic. I wouldn't mind killing him once or twice myself, right now." growls Alexis. "And feeding him to the Eater would stop him from coming back again."

"Though... it does seem to let him off a little lightly. It would be over too quickly. What about getting him into a mortal Shell, without access to his Runes or his Shift, and leaving him to fend for himself on some randomly-chosen world for several decades?"

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"Pain, mutilation, and terror are unnecessary and without purpose," the Awakener states. "Ending his existence is all that is required."

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:34 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
"HOLD IT!" Asch suddenly shouts, thrusting her pointer finger at the group. "I've only got an idea of what went on at Utopia, but you're taking this a bit far. Besides... I need to start investigating what happened there, and Shin was there longer than any of us. His testimony will be valuable... of course, I'd like to ask you all for your thoughts and interpretations as well. In any case, my point is, let's not discuss petty trivialities and discuss what we can do once we get our strength up."

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG