Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico nods in satisfaction at Alexis. Good, the fool should be able to think clearly enough to not be stupid, now. At the words of the newest iteration of the Demon Hunter, his eyes narrow, the smile shrinking to a small, uncertain but still upturned line. "Later, I think, for that. Sometimes there's just so much to do. So many FOOLS, so little time. But there's a diamond head to crush now."

Turning aside, he glances up at the dragon again. "Hope that toy isn't just a flashy gag, for all you're putting into it." Turning, he smiles when he looks at the crystal beast. "Fast, probably strong from how that cut felt, but not perfect. Let's see if we can wear it down a bit. But first..."

His hand flashes with the color rune. The red stripes on the gloves he wears change slightly, darkening without losing the red color, gaining a reflective sheen, and shifting so that the tips of the fingers are now covered by them, and a slight, but sharp, point formed. "Crystallized explosive. Let's see if your shell is really what it looks like."

[Action 1: Color Rune Red: Change Aspect Earth to Crystal, Crystal Penetration/Link to Explosive. Gemshatter Fists)

He stands, tapping one foot on the ground repeatedly from a slight forward lean, as if scuffing the tip of his shoe. Then, he darts forward towards the Golem, running at full tilt. Jumping into the air just as he reaches it, he slams both gloved fists onto its head, vaulting over it and landing behind, turning into a crouched position with both hands crossed in front of his face

[Action 2: Aggress]
[Action 3: Defense]

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life..." Lumina says as she flies over to rest on the back of the dragon's neck. "Hey Awakener, hey Chandi! Let's take this guy for a test drive!"

[Lightning Rune: Charge Breath Attack x2]
[Control Dragon: Giga Blast]

(OOC: Holding for Awakener)

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:06 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
As the Awakener shrugs off the monster's kick, its hollow gaze regards the crystalline entity. Only a brief sentence escapes from the blank mask between the Awakener's enchantments of the dragon.

"I do not fear you."

The Awakener focuses all but the last dregs of its ether into the dragon once more, its rune flaring with a violent color that the others have seen once before when it fought Athena. Taking a cue from Serpico, it infuses the dragon with the Final Rune's Shatter power, but focuses a very different use of it. Where Serpico created a pair of runic gauntlets which are designed to shatter gems, the Awakener's magic binds to the natural lightning magic of their draconic construct, making it into a spell that shatters electricity - or, in this case, the electron bond. Instead of merely electrocuting the likely-insulative crystal, the Giga Blast now being charged up by Lumina will obliterate the creature's very crystalline structure on a molecular level. The Awakener then focuses its raw will into the dragon, ordering it to contribute to the remainder of the attack, before Lumina finally fires it off.

1: [Final Rune - Support] <Shatter> Electron-Shattering Breath enchantment
2-3: [Control Dragon] Charge Energy into Giga-Blast

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am 
Chandi focuses her gaze on the crystalline beast, holding the back of her hand across the gash in her collar bone. "Don't want to touch me yourself, eh?" She says, before tightening the grip on her Shift and letting it unravel. "I'll leave the dragon to you for now, I'm gonna see what I can do about halting our little gemstone friend." Chandi begins to twirl the noose in a large circle to her side. It begins to spin faster and faster, becoming a golden blur until with a snap of her arm, the honda of the noose is shot forwards, aiming for the Golem's torso. Chandi's shift stretches and grows, spiraling around itself as it gets closer to hitting the target, aiming to completely surround and bind the crystal monster before it has time to slip through the gaps.

[Support: Bind Golem with Shift x2]

Before the Shift even reaches its target, the air around the Golem begins to shimmer, as a Rune forms all around it. In a flash, the runes brighten, and the air immediately begins to grow heavier, high pressure surrounding the golem from all sides, and making it more difficult to move.

[Support Rune: Pressure - Resistant Air]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Serpico shifts the colors of his gloves slightly to do better damage against crystal, then rushes the Golem at full speed. He brings his gloves together to smash some heads... The golem just dodges the attack, but the action of slapping his hands together causes a small explosion that breaks off a few shards from the Golem's face. Serpico falls back into a defensive stance.

Lumina flies up and joins the Lightning Dragon in the sky, helping him to charge up while she rides. The Dragon inhales deep and holds the energy, waiting for other commands before firing.

Meanwhile Chandi flies in and attempts to tie the Golem up with her Shift, the Black Golem leaps upwards through the noose and glides along the ground before the rope can close. The Golem simply stands there as Chandi's follow up tries to slow it down; it has no effect. Likewise it stands there, black flames burning, as Alexis bathes it in darkness to no effect.

This one is forged in darkness. Darkness shall not empower you.

The Black Golem watches as Asch/ley? draws her blade, sacrifices a memory, and a golden sword erupts from her Shift. The Golem's fire flares, and for once it's neutral tone changes into that of anger.

It will not do such things!!

Asch/ley? charges, aiming to hack at the Golem's legs... The Golem just barely dances around the attacks, it's white blank eyes boring into Asch/ley?s.

It will NOT do such things!!

The Golem leaps backwards, towards the split crystal and points it's arms together. There three runes form, the one shot at Alexis, the one that slashed Chandi, and another rune... smaller; it seems to wrap around the two other runes and tie them together. It aims the combined rune and fires it at the crystal itself - the black Crystal halves absorb it and begin to glow. Quickly a massive barrier spreads outward, covering the Golem, the downed Goddesses, and driving the team backwards. Those who get too close to it feel an indescribable primal fear, like out of a nightmare.

Safe inside the Barrier the Golem walks towards the downed Red-Haired Goddess and in one swift move it's impaled her through the chest, dislodging Serpico's blade; it clatters to the ground. Within seconds the Goddess is awake, covered in black veins, and her eyes reverse again.

Assimilating

The Goddess screams, followed by her sisters screaming, followed by the entire planet screaming as her body is crumpled up like so much tin foil and absorbed into the Golem. Red blood like lines rune along the Golem as it grows floating crystaline elbows, knees, feet and hands. It grows slightly taller as well, and it's black fire hair burns brighter. From within the barrier, it raises it's new palm and aims at Asch/ley? A white sparkling rune appears there, forming into a white sparkling ball that vaults out of the barrier, screaming towards the detective... Asch/ley? leans right, but the ball scores a slight hit on her left arm... around that damage her clothes, her flesh, and even the tissue underneath instantly begin to crumble into dust and blow away in the breeze.

Reassessing Attack Power

The Awakener enforces the gigantic dragon further, giving it's breath the ability to break things down on an molecular level. He then commands the dragon to concentrate it's power further and fire... it roars it's fury at the protected Golem and lets loose with a massive tower of lightning... it slams into the Golem's barrier hard, shaking the ground and spreading along it... but it cannot push through it. The Barrier pulses... and the Dragon slinks away like a struck hound. It eyes the barrier disdainfully and whimpers.

Defenses, Adequate

It then pauses a moment... and turns it's gaze upward into the air...

—————————————>
    [Black Golem] HP [316/316] // EP [234/294] // SP [6] // RG [1] // RC [30] // PC [6]
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [49/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [20/20] [Yellow/Indigo Ink]
    [Intentions] – Observing.

<Effects>
    [Defending - +1 Defense Rolls]
    [Soul Slip – Stage 1; Burning Feet]
    [Severing Connection Razor - +2 to Physical Cutting Effects, +1 to Metaphysical Cutting Effects]
    [Earthblast Gloves – Crystal Shattering Explosive Punches, +2 To Attack Roll, +2 Damage to Crystaline Stuctures]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [43(28)/43(28)] // EP [28/63] // SP [9] // RG [3(1)] // RC [12] // PC [7]

<Effects>
    [Force Lightning Barrier – Enemies that pass must roll against Lumina’s will or be countered by her Rune]
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Transformation> - Active +15 HP, +2 Regen
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [34/40] // EP [45/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Noose]

<Effects>
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    [Black Armored Lightning Dragon – 3 Actions of Control per round]
    HP – [119/119] // EP – [208/208] // SP – 7 // RG - 10
    Edge – 8(6) / Flux – 5 / Keen – 7 / Beat – 7 / Rune – 7(5) / Will – 7
    [Afraid - -2 Rolls against the Black Golem’s Barrier]
    [Shatter Lightning Breath – Breath attacks do double damage and then half damage per turn after until reaching 0]
    <Life Infusion> - Dragon Regenerates 10 HP per Round
    <Lightning Infusion> - +2 Edge/Rune
    <End Strike Armored Scales> - +2 Defense Rolls
    <Corrosive Ether> Attempts to absorb energy will be met with a 10 Will-based counter attack
    <Protected Armor> Attempts to break scaled defenses will be met with a 10 Will-based resistance
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [24/24] // EP [37/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

<Effects>
    [Trapped Self to maintain Death when killed; Harmony has trigger]
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [36/38] // EP [42/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – []

<Effects>
    [Sheppard Mode]
    [Goldenslaughterer Activated - +4 Attack Rolls, +3 Defense Rolls, +5 Damage, 3 Turns]
    [Left Arm Decomposing – Half Original Damage each turn (2 Damage halved)]
    [Soul Slip – Stage 3; Chest High – Damage done to Asch cannot be healed, Status effects cannot be removed, -1 to All rolls]
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [5/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

<Effects>
    [Soul Slip – Stage 2; Burning Legs – Damage done to Awakener cannot be healed]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:52 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony looks torn, looking at her companions fighting the crystal being, and then up toward the sky, where high in the distance the planetary boundary still holds.

"WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS. LET THE OTHERS HOLD THE BEING. WE SHOULD ATTEMPT THE BARRIER."

She watches the battle ensue, then gives a tiny, short nod.

"Hold it off and keep it busy! BUY ME TIME!" She blasts off toward the sky, MUSE following close behind.

#####################

/Are you certain that that is a wise decision?/

[No. But it is logical. If the worst happens, the barrier must be broken so that the Leyline can be cut. Harmony and I are the most likely to be able to break the barrier, between my abilities and...]

/Yes?/

[...]

/Say it./

[...]

/Say it. Your abilities and?/

Hah! CORE'll never admit it.

[... your knowledge.]

/So you acknowledge that I am useful? Perhaps even... reliable? Trustworthy?/

[I do not know trust. Trust is tied into emotions... emotions I do not possess. Any emulation of emotion you see comes from the Personality Matrix.]

Which is why I exist. And I trust you. Well. Mostly.

[But I do have to factor you into my equations now. What you are capable of. What you might know. How you may best be utilized.]

/I don't know whether to feel complimented or insulted./

The thing that you have to understand about CORE is that everything it does... what it exists for... is to execute his Master's will. The Prime Directive. Everything it does revolves around that. To heal Harmony. To keep her safe while she heals. And then... well. You overheard our conversation with Harmony.

/A sad life. A sad existence. Choice... you never really had a choice, did you? Just following what you were programmed to do. For thousands of years./

[I do not regret it. If I could feel an emotion... it would be gratitude. My Master created me, gave me form, gave me shape. He entrusted me with what was the most precious to him, and gave me thought - sentience. I cannot. Will not. Betray that trust.]

/Loyal to the end, is it? What if... what if your Master came back? What if he gave you another Directive?/

[I do not dwell on impossibilities.]

/But--/

I've asked CORE the same thing, several times. It won't give you an answer, because it literally cannot. I suspect the answer, however, is that it would follow the new Directive the exact same way as it did the last. No matter what the Directive is. However, the only one capable of giving that Directive... no longer exists.

#If you all are finished with this fascinating discussion...#

#####################

Harmony finds herself at the barrier in no time, it's much lower in the atmosphere than she may have thought. She can see why it'd be a risk to cut the Leyline now, as even if it broke they may not escape the gravity well. It seems thin, paper thin, and she can see her reflection in it... there's no fear aura to speak of, but things in the air here are unnaturally silent

Cautiously, almost timidly, she reaches as if to touch it before yanking it back as MUSE buzzes at her hand.

"IT MAY NOT BE SAFE. ALLOW ME TO ANALYZE IT FIRST."

"What can you tell me about it without linking to it?"

"I can tell you one thing my dear. You aren't getting through it. I'm not about to let the rats out of the maze."

"... Who?" Harmony looks around for the source of the voice.

Her reflection against the barrier wavers and clears... on the other side of it, floating in the high atmosphere is a humanoid figure covered entirley in a brown, tattered cloak. Not a single inch of him can be seen; arms crossed, feet hidden, head and face covered... but for a moment she can spot a pair of yellow eyes, the left of which is split by a long yellow scar. "Your class is a curious one to get this far against my Crystal."

"So you're the one. We figured someone was behind this... why have you done this?" Harmony moves closer to the barrier - closer to where the figure is. "What could possibly be worth the lives of countless mortals?"

"Heh... my reasons you wouldn't believe. At least not now, green as you are." His head tilts to the side, "And the lives of Mortals isn't what's at stake here in any case. Not even the lives of those three sister Goddesses below. This world is merely an experiment, a trial run." He raises an arm, still covered, and makes a shooing motion, "Now go be a good little mouse and finish the maze."

#################

#MUSE. Link into the barrier.#

[That is... unwise.]

#I'm willing to risk it. I'll keep him talking while you do so. Athena... thingy. Program.#

/I really am getting tired of that./

#Sorry, no time to think of a name. If we get the barrier down - even for just a split second - I want you to be ready to show your better half what is going on.#

/CORE is correct, you know. This is likely to advance the contagion of the Crystal./

#If we can get a message through, it's worth it.#

[Very well. Linking now...]

###############

"Is it... because of the planet? Not this one. The broken one?"

"Ah... so the Mystery Breaker did trace that Chain Of Memory... I thought I felt something and severed it. That..." He pauses, then suddenly draws closer to the barrier, peering at Harmony with those yellow piercing eyes; almost through her.

"No. You cannot be here..."

He doesn't seem to be talking to Harmony any more. He continues to gaze at her for several seconds until MUSE attempts the link... Then, without warning and an almost untraceable movement, Harmony finds herself impaled on a black crystal lance. The figure still floats outside the barrier; having tossed it through. "Let's see what you make of this." Looking down Harmony can see the Crystal already spreading black veins like wildfire through her body... and what's worse...is that MUSE is somehow impaled on it as well, slowly turning black. As Harmony's life leaves her she begins to fall to the ground, back down towards her allies...

Her eyes reverse...

MUSE fades to black...

She hits the ground hard in the middle of the group, dead, with the black lance still sticking out of her. Judging by the energy gathering around her, it's likely she'll be awakening any moment.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
A cold glint passes over Asch/ley's eyes as the Golem reacts so harshly to her calling forth Goldenslaughterer. "I see, you recognize the dangers of this blade quite well. Very good. Come, have at you... I'll show you how inadequate you are."

Then her arm is blown off... and she seems to be unperturbed. "It is not required for me to have both arms if I am to destroy you."

As Harmony falls to the ground, impaled by the black spear and radiating the wicked energy, she gives a disappointed glare. "I wasn't aware you were so weak. Oh well. You are not required to win this fight if you fall to the darkness so easily."

Returning her attention to the Black Golem, she holds Goldenslaughterer vertically, and begins to paint a golden rune in the sky, neither Mystery nor Illusion... a rune of Truth.

"Construct... focus not on these pathetic weaklings. Turn your attention entirely to me, for I am Sheppard, your Nemesis. Face my blade and face your defeat."

<Action 1 - Truth Rune; True Enemy - Draw Aggro, gain strength proportional to drawn aggro>

Having the Golems undivided attention, she holds Goldenslaughterer at the ready, preparing to counter its attacks.

<Action 2 - Counter Rune>
<Action 3 - Counter Rune>

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener watches Harmony's fall without any trace of emotion. It turns its mask back to the others, and says "lay her to rest before she rises," then turns back to the enemy, shift at the ready. It freezes for a moment, examining the barrier, then focuses its mind into the dragon's. Ether trails from the dragon into it, returning some of its power, and the Awakener then focuses the power of the empowered Final Rune on its own armor. For a second, space seems to warp and ripple around it... and then in the space of an instant, the Awakener vanishes. One eyeblink it stands regarding the crystal monstrosity, and the next it is inside of the barrier, Spiral Nemesis drilling into the creature from behind. Every step in-between simply didn't happen - the Awakener just went from one moment to the next with nothing between them.

1: [Command Dragon] Order Dragon to transfer 30 EP to Awakener.
2: [Final Rune - Support] <End> Journey's End (the Awakener's movements now go immediately from point A to point B without any transit between them)
3: [Aggress] Backstab Crystal Entity

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 am 
Chandi watches as Harmony leaves, nodding quickly, then resuming her watch of the Golem, even as her Shift begins to coil around her arm. "Not even our dragon could penetrate that barrier." She murmurs, a stifled expression of shock on her face. Chandi licks her lips, and uncurls her knuckles, before casting a quick glance at the rest of the team. "Last one out, cut the lights." She says with a halfhearted grin. A golden rune appears over Chandi's head, as she focuses on a feeling she was all too familiar with, and a crazy plan.

[Support Rune: Expression - Rage]

Chandi's emotions surge, blood boiling, teeth gnashing, and scars practically pulsing. She turns her white hot gaze to the barrier surrounding the Golem, palm splayed wide open. She charges, throat too tensed with fury to even let loose a scream. Fear begins to creep into the corners of her mind, only to be pushed aside by burning anger, if only for brief moments. The closer that Chandi gets to the barrier proper, the more labored her steps become, the expression on her face growing ever more furious, but tinged with absolute horror. It's a distressingly familiar feeling.

Blood spatters across Chandi's face as she tries in vain to flee from the armored figure. Tears begin to stream down her face, as the relentless march continues, God by God, one by one, torn and skewered by an unseen force. The invisible grip on her limbs grows tighter, and her struggle increases, as a polished breastplate stops beside her. Chandi can make out her father and mother's voices for a moment before her own screaming reaches a crescendo. Her right arm grows more and more taut as deep gashes begin to spread along her body. The pulling on her arm pauses for a moment, but Chandi can feel more hands gathering around the length of her arm. Chandi's screaming stops. The grip grows tight, and then

Chandi slams her hand into the side of the barrier, tears streaming down her face as the memory begins to escape, indignant rage still gracing her features. "NO EXCEPTIONS. NO ESCAPE. NO MERCY."

[Support Rune: Change - No Filter (Barriers Affect All Parties Equally) x2]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 am 
Get the job finished. Get the job finished. Get the job finished.

The determination imparted by Chandi's earlier rune fills Alexis' mind, even as the suddenly-forming barrier picks him up and throws him back, into the air.

Get. The. Job. Finished.

Instead of dropping to the ground, Alexis spreads his wings and stays up there... and then Harmony falls to the ground in front of him. Alexis drops down, landing on her body. He draws the chill of Death about himself, and releases it into Harmony, keeping her down.

Harmony was supposed to reverse this. To restore the Leyline. If she's down, is it possible to still get the job finished?

...it is possible to destroy this creature. If the Leyline cannot be restored, it can be cut. The creature can be forced into the collapse.

If that barrier continues to hold, then there may be no other option.

Alexis grabs the crystal lance with his tail, pulling it free from the body beneath his feet. Then he takes to the air, flying up and above the crystal creature.

Cold air drops. Warm air rises. Any flier knows this. Cold is heavy.

Alexis flies up, above the shield. He's wary of casting Ether directly on the lance, but he doesn't have to. Gripping the lance with both feet and his tail, he lines it up along the line of his body, with the end of the lance protruding somewhat beyond his head. He turns his Cold rune on himself, increasing his weight... making himself heavier, well past the point that his wings are no longer sufficient to hold him up.

Then he folds his wings and drops. Aiming straight for the Crystal Creature, straight through the shield. Fear cannot turn aside that which cannot help but fall, and the extra weight funnelled into a spot as small as the tip of the Black Lance should puncture almost anything that can be punctured.

In complete silence, Alexis drops. Either the Black Lance will smash the shield - or Alexis will smash into it.

Cold Rune: Death: Keep Harmony down
Arrange: Grab lance, fly over the creature -> Cold rune: Weight: Gravity-Assisted Attack

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico's eyes narrow at what he sees. Harmony already down, that was very unwise running off alone The goddess awakened and then absorbed. More than anything, the wave of gut clenching fear that comes off that ever expanding barrier. Even from here he can feel it forcibly trying to dredge out memory and horror.

A dark chamber, cold and dripping wiht moisture. Huddled, fearful peopl-

Serpico shakes his head again. "That just won't do."

But fear is something that he works with, something he always has, in this life and the last. Even when he talked down the Bat just a moment ago, it was with that in mind. And with that. "Well, can't expect them to be grateful for this one, but it'll have to be done."

He draws in the air, indigo ink only appearing as a small box, open to show a series of poisonous purple points.

[Action 1: Indigo Seal Needles Draw]

He follows up by creating a chambered weapon out of yellow ink. It looks like a cross between a hair dryer and a nail gun, an image further intensified when he connects the box to it, the needles sliding into place.

[Aciton 2: Wind Path Shooter Draw]

"If fear is a problem, we just need to cut it off entirely. Sealing it out of the mind temporarily with these needles should do the trick, but as to where they need to go." Serpico grimaces slightly as he sights the weapon quickly on the standing members of the party. That weird version of Asch, hovering in the air, too stupid to even try to dodge. Alexis, distracted with his work over Harmony's form. The metallic suit, passive as ever. He takes careful aim at Chandi, considering her volatile state. Lumina and the Dragon are also in his sights, and even for a mment, as the sound of air moving from the gun increases, he sights it on himself.

Then holding the shooter high in the air, he fires! Seven shots of light, needles barely visible inside them, shoot through the air, twisting and guided by the wind, to lance deep into the party members at the base of the skull, with a moment of blinding pain almost too fast to feel. The function of this all is that all sensation of fear tamps down to almost nothing, the emotion sealed against outside and inside use.
[Action 3: Seven Shot fire]

Serpico grins weakly. "Don't thank me all at once now."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:45 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Dammit, Serpico!" Lumina yells as the needle strikes her in the back of the neck, a second one passing right by her ear and into the base of the dragon she's sitting on. "The hell is wrong with you?!"

"Alright, boy. Giddyap!" Lumina yells, feeling the fear vanish to some degree from the corners of her mind. With a kick of her heels, she goads the dragon into a charge at the crystal golem. "Kick this things ass!" Unleashing a roar of pure defiance, the dragon flies forward and drops an almighty clawed arm down into the golem's face in a crushing grip

[Control Dragon: Charging Claw Strike]
[Control Dragon: Crushing Grip]

Finally, the dragon unleashes another breath attack straight at the golem.

[Control Dragon: Giga Blast]

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:02 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Serpico draws up a box filled with needles and loads them into a specially designed seven way shooter. Lifting it up he takes aim on the wind and lets loose... in a moment, 5 Arbiters plus Serpico have a searing pain lodged into the back of their necks... the needles don't quite make it all the way in. The Lightning Dragon roars it's displeasure of having a needle lodged deep within it's flesh and everyone else is treated to a massive headache. This headache, however, distracts them from some of the fear effect.

Lumina decides on the direct approach for the barrier, ordering her new Dragon to rip, crush and try to blast the shield away. The Dragon's claws slam into the barrier, causing hairline cracks to appear; the second strike bounces off harmlessly. Both times the massive beast resists any backlash from the fear the barrier puts off, likely due to the searing pain in it's head. The lightning spawn lets loose with a major bolt of breath that is deflected off and flies high into the sky, and again the Dragon is not turned by fear.

Chandi channels her emotions into an expression of pure rage, face distorting as she charges. She dives into it, enforcing her rune and attempting to change how the barrier works... her palm slams into the side... and the rune shatters on impact, causing nothing. The barrier lashes out and Chandi can feel the massive fear dwelling within, but again thanks to Serpico's pokey stick of wonder, she keeps her head.

Alexis is the first to pounce on Harmony's body, trying to seal her death down with a rune of cold - the cold rune seeps into her but doesn't seem to take. Alexis tears out the black spear and goes into the nosedive, spear first, trying to pierce the barrier with his weight... Something interesting happens. The spear passes through the barrier as if it wasn't there... Alexis however, does not. His body slams into the barrier hard... and the fear rushes into him despite Serpico's aid. As he bounces off and looks down at the Golem, he no longer sees the black form with black flaming hair... but he sees a bright, glowing creature that seems to be forged in sunlight. A huge incorporeal maw grinning in the air in front of it. It looks up at Alexis and opens it's maw to reveal a massive supernova bright ball of fire within it's belly. To Alexis, this creature has become the Eater.

Asch/ley? makes a potent statement of truth, boosted by a new rune she's never shown before. She's got the Golem's attention, but not it's full attention. She prepares for the eventual onslaught the Golem will throw at her, the white sparkling dust on her arm takes another chunk out of it and fades away. The creature turns, summons up a second white sphere of sparkling light and launches it at Asch... she catches the blast on her blade, spins deftly and sends the ball spiraling back the way it came, it slams hard into the barrier, not catching it the way it caught her arm, but spreading the hairline cracks in it even further.

Making a sound akin to growling, the Golem summons up an even bigger ball of sparkling light, three times the size of the prior. It will not do such things!!! It flings giant ball directly at Asch/ley? once again... but it doesn't fly for just Asch... it heads right for her Shift. She attempts to counter once again, but the blast separates her hand from her Shift and it skitters to the ground. The blade is still running, but the hilt is now coated in the same sparkling light as her arm just was. It seems picking up the blade may damage her hand. It must not. It will not.

The Golem then summons up a blade of white sparkling light and grips it two handed. It then dashes forward, directly out of the protection of it's barrier and aims to run Serpico through... Serpico sidesteps the thrust with ease and the Golem stands fast, waiting for the next assault.

And then, with a great pulse of energy, Harmony opens her now reversed eyes. She climbs to her feet and a black ball of light begins to float around her. She calmly surveys the situation... and smiles. Harmony slowly raises her hands and the Rune Alexis gave her to keep glows... the black orb comes near it, and absorbs it. She then, after a moment's struggle, turns the Rune in upon itself and changes it from a trigger to maintain death, to a trigger that will cause it... she then gathers her power into a massive surge before her and fires the death wave directly at the one it is still connected to... Alexis.

As Harmony prepares the death wave aiming at Alexis, she coldly says, "Prepare to be assimilated." With a sharp burst of runic power, the attack is sent toward the bat... but with a sharp breath and a howl erupting from her throat, she diverts the wave. Not at the Golem, but at the barrier... and the Crystal itself.

"NO! NOT AGAIN. NEVER. AGAIN!"

The power of the Death Wave slams into the barrier, bypassing it's defenses as Harmony is a part of it's power now - it shatters like glass, sinks into the Crystal, and causes a vapor explosion from the Crystal Golem directly afterwards. It stumbles for a moment and then stands straight...

Fear Rune Damaged beyond repair. Flushing from Ethereal Array.

Alexis suddenly finds that the terror he was feeling is gone, and the Golem looks normal as ever.

It looks directly at Harmony, Target shows signs of maintained control. Reassessing threat level.

The Awakener takes some Ether from the mighty dragon, and then he's suddenly behind the Golem, driving his Shift at it's back - it ducks down and leaps backwards, unharmed.

Advantage Declining - Adjusting Parameters

—————————————>
    [Black Golem] HP [316/316] // EP [234/294] // SP [6] // RG [1] // RC [30] // PC [6]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Harmony] HP [45/45] // EP [(0/0)85/(0/0)85] // SP [5] // RG [3] // RC [9] // PC [8]
    1st Score – [Death Trigger]
    2nd Score – [None]
    3rd Score – [None]
    Glitch Chance – [20%]

<Effects>
    [Soul Taken – Working within the hive mind, 80% Control – Can resist an action with a roll of 80 or above]
    [Has Alexis’ Death Trigger, must use with an action]
    <Counter Break/Blast> - Counter Attack with Flux/Will on 5+ Defense Rolls
    <Perfect Mind> - +1 Runic Damage Reduction
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [49/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [10/20] [Yellow/Indigo Ink]
    [Intentions] – Eliminating.

<Effects>
    [Painful Needle – +1 Massive Headache, but +1 Defense against Fear Effects]
    [Severing Connection Razor - +2 to Physical Cutting Effects, +1 to Metaphysical Cutting Effects]
    [Earthblast Gloves – Crystal Shattering Explosive Punches, +2 To Attack Roll, +2 Damage to Crystaline Stuctures]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [43(28)/43(28)] // EP [33/63] // SP [9] // RG [3(1)] // RC [12] // PC [7]

<Effects>
    [Force Lightning Barrier – Enemies that pass must roll against Lumina’s will or be countered by her Rune]
    <Transformation> - Active +15 HP, +2 Regen
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [34/40] // EP [10/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Noose]

<Effects>
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    [Black Armored Lightning Dragon – 3 Actions of Control per round]
    HP – [119/119] // EP – [158/208] // SP – 7 // RG - 10
    Edge – 8(6) / Flux – 5 / Keen – 7 / Beat – 7 / Rune – 7(5) / Will – 7
    [Shatter Lightning Breath – Breath attacks do double damage and then half damage per turn after until reaching 0]
    <Life Infusion> - Dragon Regenerates 10 HP per Round
    <Lightning Infusion> - +2 Edge/Rune
    <End Strike Armored Scales> - +2 Defense Rolls
    <Corrosive Ether> Attempts to absorb energy will be met with a 10 Will-based counter attack
    <Protected Armor> Attempts to break scaled defenses will be met with a 10 Will-based resistance
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [24/24] // EP [32/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

<Effects>
    [Trapped Self to maintain Death when killed; Harmony has trigger]
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [35/38] // EP [32/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – []

<Effects>
    [Soul Slip – Stage 3; Chest High – Damage done to Asch cannot be healed, Status effects cannot be removed, -1 to All rolls]
    [Drawn Agro – Golem likely (50%) to attack, +1 All Rolls against Golem]
    [Sheppard Mode]
    [Disarmed – Shift is coating in decomposing coat, must dispel or take damage to lift]
    [Goldenslaughterer Activated - +4 Attack Rolls, +3 Defense Rolls, +5 Damage, 2 Turns] (Effect Disarmed)
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [30/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

<Effects>
    [Soul Slip – Stage 2; Burning Legs – Damage done to Awakener cannot be healed]
    [Painful Needle – +1 Massive Headache? But +1 Defense against Fear Effects]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:05 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony stretches luxuriously as the wound from the lance finishes closing up, before slowly looking around at the world around her with 'new' eyes. "Ah--- AhhHM. AM. I. AM." A voice unlike her own comes from her mouth - a voice strangely similar to the voice of CORE, but... different. "Another... Voice..." She cocks her head to the side, looking at the Golem, then the Crystal, then finally at herself. "Connection... strong. Strange."

Inside of her mind, a voice speaks.

You are one with us.

You are one with all.

Destroy the interlopers.

Harmony looks at the others, then at the Crystal. For a bare moment, her normal voice comes out, "Why---." And she freezes in place.

Attune to Death.

Harmony slowly raises her hands and the Rune Alexis gave her to keep glows... the black orb comes near it, and absorbs it. Harmony shudders slightly, speaking again in her own voice. "I am... already dead." Flicker - the cold features of a man approaching the bars of a cell, the glint of a needle in his hand. "I died, and lived... long ago." She twitches slightly as she fights the memory. "My name is... my name was..." She shakes her head sharply, once, twice, before speaking again in the voice of the Crystal.

"Your name... does not matter. You are one with us. You have... joined with us."

She shakes her head frantically. "No... refused to. No. Won't join. No. Will not be... assimilated. NOT AGAIN!"

Her body gives several sharp jerks as there is a struggle control between her and the Crystal, before settling down into an emotionless mask.

"Interesting. This is not her first time."

Adequate. Reverse the threads... do not maintain death, cause it.

Harmony then, after a moment's struggle, turns the Rune in upon itself and changes it from a trigger to maintain death, to a trigger that will cause it...

You are one who knows Death.

Embrace It.

Become It.

"Death... I wasn't allowed to die. Could not speak. Could not move. Could not act. Could not..."

/Flicker/

Staring out across a battle, a cold smile on your face as you tip your fedora at the young man across from you. "Where is she?" The young man says. "What have you done with her!?"

"Good to see you too, boy. What's the matter, no words for the man who made you?"

"Where. Is. She?"

"Oh, she's right here." You gesture at your body... a man's... body.

"You... what do you mean?"

"Just as I said." You pull the fedora off the top of your head, revealing pointed ears... and a cold smile. "She is one with me."

"You... no. What have you DONE?"

"All in the name of science, boy. All in the name of... power. You... you have your little trick, now I have mine." With a short crackle of power, you ready your guns, even as the young man opposite to you does the same. Then... battle. A battle of guns, a battle of power. And all along... you can see. You can hear. But you can't move, cannot act. Cannot protect him. Cannot stop him. You have no mouth, but you are screaming.

As Harmony prepares the death wave aiming at Alexis, she coldly says, "Prepare to be assimilated." With a sharp burst of runic power, the attack is sent toward the bat... but with a sharp breath and a howl that seems to come from the depths of her soul, she diverts the wave. Not at the Golem, but at the barrier... and the Crystal itself.

"NO! NOT AGAIN. NEVER. AGAIN!" For a moment, Harmony seems herself again - desperate, trying to regain control of herself, a soul-deep terror in her eyes... and then the Crystal takes back over.

"She is... powerful. Strong. Her mind... conditioned. Who trained her?"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:45 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Sheppard bites her lower lip with a sickening grimace as the Golem shoots it out of her hand and coats it in that strange light... but the grimace soon turns to an equally sickening smile. "Oh ho? I'm right, aren't I. You don't just recognize the strength of Goldenslaughterer, you're afraid of letting me use it."

Incorrect

Sheppard's eyes widen with her smile, a subtle madness showing as she draws another truth rune. "Oh no, I'm correct. That blade is your bane. All these fools here are wasting their time with their miniscule attacks on you, when the key is right there. And I will get it back. For my blade cannot be separated from me so easily."

<Action 1 - Truth Rune - Matter of Fact, Dispel Curse on Blade>

The light on the blade wavers, shimmers - seems to want to cling to the hilt like glue... it's a rough tug of war, but eventually the shimmer wins out and Sheppard's rune is broken.

Incorrect. This one does not fear the blade. This one pities the blade. For the blade is weak. For it is weak.

Sheppard does not stop smiling, though her eyes briefly narrow before she begins to speak. "If it is so weak why do you pin it down? Why not face it head on if it's so weak? PERHAPS IT IS YOU WHO ARE WEAK! THAT PUNY CURSE OF YOURS IS NOTHING!"

<Action 2 - Truth Rune - Matter of Fact, Curse on the Blade is too weak to hold back the power of Goldenslaughterer>

The same tug of war begins, but this time truth wins out. The sparkling light is shattered and Sheppard's weapon is free. The Golem stares her down and almost speaks in a sad tone, were it not so monotone to begin with.

It is weak. It unmakes itself. It is to be pitied. It is to be saved. It must not unmake.

Sheppard stares back, sneering at the golem with a look of utter contempt.

"No. It is strong. Stronger than anything. In order to hunt the demon that ruined everything of mine, I would pay any price to gain that strength. That is why I created that blade - a blade that is the ultimate scales on which to judge gods and demons alike. Truth shines bright, through all mysteries and illusions. The most powerful force in the universe... Weave..."

The freed blade leaps back in to Sheppard's hand, and with words dripping with malice yet the clearest truth, she invokes another truth rune.

"So once more I challenge thee. If you are so convinced of this blade's weakness, come test it yourself! Whatever attack you throw at me, I shall retaliate with ten times the force!"

<Action 3. Truth Rune - Prognosis - Improved Counterattack>

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG