Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jonas snorts. "I think Fred also has a bit of a short circuit in calculating build times. That's not at all time effective."

"The problem, doc, is that they rip out all that connective hardware and put a bunch of joysticks in. Its a bunch of clunky drek, is what it is."

Calming down a bit, Jonas checks his light gear. A single laser pistol, and a belt mounted forceshield. He turns to Rojo. "Boss, I've been meaning to ask, do we have any energy guns with a faster fire rate? This one doesn't let me fire more than a round a second, and that's just too slow."

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:28 pm 
Jomo walks into Corsair Bay, or rather, shadow-boxes his way way into the Bay, nearly decking one of the more crew members who got too close to the door, and almost backing into another thanks to the large pack Jomo has on his back. He finishes off his imaginary opponent with an uppercut, before turning his attention back to the real world. Jomo looks down and checks his grenades, counting quietly to himself as he runs his hand along the yellow leather belts holding them in place, pausing only when he's reached one of his six precious explosives. Then Jomo begins to examine the rest of his attire. The weak force field armor is a tight fit on the large man, and he frowns simply looking at the ugly thing, but he promised on Rocs' orders to never not wear it when on a mission. So Jomo's covering it with one of his brightly colored sleeveless shirts, this one a gaudy yellow with the word WHAM written down the side in crimson letters. His pants are thick, coarse, bright purple, and hang somewhat loosely from his frame. As Jomo finishes checking on his armor and admiring himself, he pulls the pack off of his back and rummages through it, examining the contents. "PE4, detonators of all shapes and sizes, lucky blasting caps, extraneous incendiary ammunition, a light snack, a scarf in case it gets cold, and of course," Jomo pulls out a rather odd looking club, "Jolan, my little Stielhandgranate." He smiles fondly at the heavy, empty grenade, then clips it to the back of his belt before sealing up the pack and slinging it back over his shoulders. Jomo lets out a great sigh of relief before jogging over to Feng, Rocs, Jonas, and Fred. "Got everything I need ready and set." He turns to Rocs, a serious expression on his face. "And don't worry, I've already started looking through the star maps for uninhabited planetoids. We will have our time in the sun, my friend, and I will show you all there is to know about pulsar and the beauty of more than 500 Megatons of explosive power." Jomo smiles once more then turns towards the rest of the group. "Anyways, anyone know what Corsair I'm supposed to be piloting? I haven't been allowed in here freely since my first mission."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
ZetaStriker wrote:
"So Sebastian, Jonas, anything in particular Fred and I should know about before we go on this mission? You guys met Jomo in the mess hall, so I think you'll understand when I say I'd hate for this to end up like his first mission. If you've got any unconventional tactics that might possibly inconvenience me with death, that's the sort of thing I appreciate being warned about."

"Not if you count using disposable minions as bullet shields, but that shouldn't be too much of a concern for you, seeing as you're not my minion," Sebastian responds. "Other than that, I doubt there's anything you need to feel too concerned about."

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Rojo nods as he notices the team is all here and turns towards them, throwing his cybernetic arm out to the side causing his captains coat to ripple. "Good, you're all here."

Noting their gear checks, he smiles at most, but stops at Jonas. "I can't say there's any upgrade I can do on the spot like that, but you can probably get something like that next time we're at port. Besides that, you seem to be a bit light on gear... one second." He takes a few steps away, presses a few buttons on his arm, and suddenly a storage pod pops out of the ground. Inside are a variety of tools. Reaching for a polished handheld shield and a first aid kit, he says "This should help you out. Here, it's on me."

[JONAS GOT 1x First Aid Kit!]
[JONAS GOT 1x Refractive Shield!]

Rojo nods. "Rocs, thank you for doing your Aile checks; everyone else, your Corsairs are all set. I don't expect we'll need them but it never hurts to be prepared."

(OOC: once again, send me your basic loadout of what you'd like in a Corsair if you haven't already; all the stuff is standard issue borrowed from the crew but they do accommodate requests.)

Enrica steps forward and says, "We expect to intercept the Silk Road shortly. Let's get on board and get ready to go."

================================================>
MOIRAI SPACE - ATROPOS SYSTEM
<===============================================

On board the White Dwarf, some ways away from the Supernova, Rojo sits in the helmsman's chair, radio at the ready. As the White Dwarf gets visual on the Silk Road, Rojo opens a com line and says, "Alright, Supernova, lay down suppressive warning shots and patch me through."

<"Roger, captain.">

Suddenly, several energy beams arc from the Starboard Gun Bank of the Supernova, each one barely missing the Silk Road but nearly clipping several vital points. Rojo nods as he gets confirmation that his communications have been patched in to the Silk Road, and brings up a visual feed of the bridge. On the screen, traders from the Juno system scramble and panic.

Rojo speaks. "Survey System Juno Trader Vessel 'Silk Road', this is Captain Rojo Barrett of the Burning Star Pirates."

The apparent captain of the traders rushes to the commander's chair and shouts, "This is Silk Road, please disengage fire! We are carrying volatile cargo!"

Rojo whistles. "Well, that cargo is what we're here for. Well, part of that cargo, anyway. So if you want us to disengage fire, slow your engines and prepare to be boarded."

The captain spits. "LIKE HELL! We don't surrender to pirates! We've already sent out a distress beacon, the SDA will be on your asses in moments!"

Rojo lifts his hand to interrupt the tirade and says, "Listen, the SDA is days away, if any were near here we'd have picked them up. I don't want to kill you guys, and I'm only looking for one thing."

The captain snarls, and Rojo closes the link. "Enrica, prepare the boarding hooks." "Aye aye, captain."

-----------------------------------------

Shortly thereafter, the White Dwarf has fired two magnetic boarding 'hooks' on to the hull of the Supernova, and the two ships have matched speed and a long boarding tube extends from the White Dwarf to a hatch on the Silk Road. Once inside, the teams split and run down their respective halls.

Heading towards the bridge, Rojo leads Jonas, Sebastian, Zachary and Fred, while Feng, Jomo and Rocs follow Enrica to the storage areas.

<============>
BATTLE ENGAGE!!
<============>

En route to the bridge, Rojo's team is stopped by a contingent of ten armed guards: Four wield Laser Rifles, two wearing weak force field generators, one wearing ceramic armor and one wearing fiber weave armor; Three wield SMGs, one wearing a weak force field generator, one wearing ceramic armor, and one wearing fiber weave armor; Two wield Billy Clubs, one wearing ceramic armor and one wearing fiber weave armor; and one wearing Titanium armor carries a Beam Saber and a large Assault Rifle.

Rojo smirks as he says, "Well, at least they hired the right kind of security for the job. They look like they've covered lots of defensive bases, though their offense is not heavily diversified." Pulling off his captains coat and throwing it to the side, Rojo reveals his grey engineer's outfit and slams his steel right hand in to his left. "Been a long time since I had a good scrap. Watch my back guys."

========================>
ROJO'S GROUP
<========================
<== Jonas ==>
Condition: GREEN
Boons: 1
<Weapon>: Blaster [L/E]
<Armor>: Weak Forcefield [X-2/K-1]
<Tool>: Refractive Shield [E-1]
<Tool>: First Aid Kit
<Combat Knack>: Steamlight Speed (Bonus for light weapons, always takes highest initiative in combat)
<Special Knack>: Killah Beats (Bonus for trick shots from behind cover)

<== Sebastian ==>
<Weapon>: Sabre [M/K]
<Tool>: Neural Network Interface
<Tool>: Metal Shield [K-1]
<Drones>: Four Basic Ranged Attack Drones [K]
<Combat Knack>: Close Quarters Brawler (Bonus for using Fist-fight Melee attacks)
<Special>: Personnel Drones (Can program drones to fight for him)

<== Zachary ==>
<Weapon>: Laser Rifle [H/E]
<Weapon>: Beam Sword [M/E]
<Armor>: Titanium Armor [K-1/X-1/E-1]
<Combat Knack>: Dirty Fighter (Bonus for using the environment and tools cleverly in battle)

<== Fred ==>
<Weapon>: Beam Saber [M/E]
<Armor>: Weak Force Field [X-2/K-1]
<Tool>: Intrusion Kit
<Tool>: Self Repair Module (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Harmless Appearance (Draws low amounts of Aggro, has bonus to attacking distracted opponents)

<== Rojo ==>
<Weapon>: ARMS [????]
<Armor>: Null Plate [????]
<Tool>: Advanced First Aid Kit (5/5)
<Tool>: Flashbangs (3/3)
<Tool>: Swara Pulsar - Madhyama
<Combat Knack>: Wild ARMS (Neural Interface with Cybernetic Limb gives bonuses to offense and defense using ARMS system)

--------------------------------------------------------------

ENEMIES

Squad Leader
<Weapon>: Assault Rifle [H/K]
<Armor>: Titanium [K-1/X-1/E-1]

Laser Rifle Guard A

Laser Rifle Guard B

Laser Rifle Guard C
<Armor>: Ceramic [E-2/X-1]

Laser Rifle Guard D
<Armor>: Fiber Weave [K-2/E-1]

SMG Guard A
<Weapon>: SMG [L/K]

SMG Guard B

SMG Guard C

Billy Club Guard A
<Weapon>: Billy Club [M/X]

Billy Club Guard B

============================================================================================================

In front of the storage room, eight armed guards intercept Enrica's group. Three wield Sabres, one wearing a weak force field generator, one wearing ceramic armor, and one wearing fiber weave armor; Two wield grenade launchers, one wearing a weak force field generator and the other wearing fiber weave armor; Two wield Blasters, one wearing fiber weave armor and one wearing ceramic armor; and one wearing Titanium armor carries a beam saber and a heavy assault rifle.

Enrica skids to a stop with her run, and a creepy smile crosses her face. "What's this? Someone left some trash in front of the storage room." With blinding speed, she has already drawn her primary sword, a black steel vibroblade, and her secondary beam saber, a high-powered energy blade. Licking her lips, she says, "Guess we should clean it up..."

ENRICA'S GROUP
<== Jomo ==>
<Weapon>: Pistol w/ Explosive Ammunition [L/X]
<Weapon>: Model 24 Stiel [M/X]
<Tool>: Grenades (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Comfortably Numb (Bonus for using grapple type melee attacks and close range explosives, defensive bonus against explosive damage

<== Feng ==>
<Weapon>: Small Autocannon [H/K] (Suppressive Fire Upgrade)
<Weapon>: Giant Wrench [M/X]
<Armor>: Fiber Weave Armor [K-2/E-1]
<Tool>: Repair Kit (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Heavy Weapons Girl (Bonus for using heavy weapons, can equip heavy anti-corsair gear)

<== Rocs ==>
<Weapon>: Beam Sabre - Fencing Rapier [M/E] (+1 against melee upgrade)
<Weapon>: Pulsar Force Glove [M/S] (Status Effect - Stun)
<Tool>: First Aid Kit (3/3)
<Tool>: Pulsar Repulsion Belt [X-2]
<Combat Knack>: Do No Harm (Bonus for using non-lethal weapons and fighting in a non-lethal way)

<== Enrica ==>
<Weapon>: Black Steel Vibroblade [M/K]
<Weapon>: High-Powered Energy Blade [M/E]
<Armor>: Blademaster Tunic [????]
<Tool>: Flashbang (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Dual Blade Master (Can dual wield swords, bonuses for using swords)
<Special Knack>: Sadistic Streak (Gets bonuses for each enemy taken down)

ENEMIES

Squad Leader

Sabre Guard A

Sabre Guard B

Sabre Guard C

Grenade Launcher Guard A
<Weapon>: Grenade Launcher [H/X]

Grenade Launcher Guard B

Blaster Guard A

Blaster Guard B

(OOC: Alrighty folks, let's tackle the first battle in Seven Squalls Sector! Just as a quick reminder, all rolls are done on a d12, you have one combat action, and the basic bonus triangle goes (M)elee > (H)eavy > (L)ight > (M)elee. Feel free to ask if you have questions, and we'll iron out bugs as we go.)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
Fred comes to a complete stop, and just sits there; an unremarkable, stationary, and above all, harmless cardboard box behind the group of heavily armed pirates.

While the battle begins in front of him, he quietly scans the nearby corridor wall, looking for data access points. It might be possible to take control of the PA system, or the security cameras, or a nearby set of pressure doors (usually closed in response to a loss of pressure, not strong enough to keep out armed pirates for long).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:38 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Moments behind Enrica Rocs draws and ignites his Pulsar Rapier, he salutes his opponents by holding his blade upright with his left hand resting in the small of his back. "If you wish to not be harmed, please dispose of your weapons."

Step Left

Knowing Enrica she will engage the strongest foe

Step Right

Those grenade launchers are slow, but potentially very damaging

Step Left

That little force field cannot stop my blade

One, Two, Three - Three steps and Rocs is upon Grenade Launcher Guard A, leveling his rapier to severe the tendons in his targets arm that supports the majority of the weight of the grenade launcher, aiming to make it so his foe can no longer hold his weapon.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jonas hisses in surprise, then slips back behind the corner, to use as cover. He pops out and takes a shot at one of the laser troopers, looking to shoot his gun out of his hand or flat out destroy it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm 
"I swear, always with the shooting . . ." Spotting the two guards armed with clubs, Zach trails off as a devilish grin slowly spreads across his face. "But hey! You're doing it wrong! It's like this." He raises the rifle up in an exaggerated manner and pretends to take aim at the squad captain, trying his best to indicate that they made a mistake in bringing a bat to a beam fight. He drifts in the direction of those two soldiers as he does this, watching their approach out of the corner of his eye so he can activate his beam bayonet and thrust at one of them while they think they have the advantage over his rifle. He'll target the Fiber Weave equipped guard over the one with Ceramics if possible.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
*pop* *pop* *pop* *pop*

Four loud pops occur in rapid succession as the pods on Sebastian's belt spring into action, detaching from their harness and flying up directly above the group to get a better shot at the enemy attackers.

For his part, Sebastian ducks behind the nearest bit of cover and pulls out his little Blaster. Leaning out from behind his cover, Sebastian lines up the sights on his Blaster and opens fire, sending a bolt of red hot laser straight at Billy Club Guard A, the one with the ceramic armor. Almost immediately, the four drones floating above him whir into motion, orienting themselves towards the same target as Sebastian and firing a volley of kinetic rounds.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am 
A wicked smile crosses Jomo's face, as he reaches to the back of his belt and takes Jolan off of her clip. "Gentlemen!" He yells to the guards as they take aim. "This is Jolan, and she wants to give you a hug." With that he pulls the pin on the powder-less grenade, and tosses it in the air, towards the enemies, hoping to draw their attention upwards as he himself lowers to the ground, covering his face with his arms. Jomo rushes forwards, aiming himself towards the the man with the grenade launcher that wasn't getting his tendons cut up by a certain Shatti doctor. "And you know what!?" He yells at Grenade Launcher Guard B, spreading his arms wide and lowering his head as he approaches the man's torso "So do I!" Jomo makes an attempt to wrap his arms around the guard's waist, and bring him in close for a high speed headbutt.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Given her entire team's predisposition for rushing into battle, Feng's job is pretty simple - make sure they get into range to cause some havoc. Her gun winds up with a piercing whir, and she sprays a wild blast of fire across the guards, aiming less to hit any of them and more to pepper the entire area with ammunition. Of course, any of those bullets might have 'to whom it may concern' written on it, but the real effect of the attack is psychological - make them flinch, dodge, go for cover, get out of the way, anything but shred her team of charging lunatics before they can close for melee.

Obviously, this will all come to an end once they get into the line of fire. Until then, though, this is what her autocannon was made for.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:05 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Jonas is the first to act, his ridiculously good speed giving him an advantage. He ducks behind a corner, drawing his blaster and firing before anyone can react at a guard carrying a Laser Rifle.

<JONAS TURN>
Weapon: Blaster (Light/Energy/Normal Damage Range)
Target: Laser Rifle Guard B
Target Weapon: Laser Rifle (Heavy/Energy) (TYPE DISADVANTAGE! Heavy > Light, -1 Penalty)
Target Armor: Weak Force Field (NO ARMOR PENALTIES!)
Perk Bonuses: Steamlight Speed, +1 to hit with light weapon; Killah Beats, +1 for firing from behind cover
Roll: 11 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 12
MAJOR SUCCESS!! - 2 Damage Levels!

Green energy arcs from the blaster, striking the Guard's rifle and causing severe damage. Rojo smirks at his crack-shot newbie. "Great shot kid - but next time, keep in mind it's harder for a little blaster like that to inflict lots of damage; you'd be better firing at other light or melee weapons users with that one."

Fred comes to a stop and searches the area for a port to log in to the ship's computers... and sees one nearby.

<FRED TURN>
Skill Check: Hack Ship
Bonuses: AI, +1; System Takeover Perk, +1
Roll: 4+1+1=6

Minor Success - Can access one ship system next turn, future hacking attempts get +1 bonus

Fred finds himself unable to completely take over the ship's computer system... but he still finds he can control one system freely for a short time, and he makes it a bit easier for him the next time.

(OOC: Fred has limited access to one system of your choosing, CCC, and can use it as a free action once in addition to your main action for a turn.)

Zachary moves to attack with the bayonet attached to the bottom side of his rifle, after tricking one of the club-wielding guards to drop their guard.

<ZACHARY TURN>
Weapon: Beam Bayonet (Beam Sword, Melee/Energy/Normal Damage Range)
Target: Billy Club Guard B
Target Weapon: Billy Club (Melee, type neutral)
Target Armor: Fiber Weave (Energy -1 to hit)
Perk Bonuses: Dirty Fighter, +1 for feint
Roll: 9 + 1 - 1 = 9
Success! - 1 Damage Levels!

The feint works like a charm, and energy arcs through the guard, causing him to take a step back reeling in pain.

Sebastian activates his drones, firing at the other billy club guard and letting his drones follow up with a barrage of fire.

<SEBASTIAN TURN>
Weapon: Blaster + 4 drones (Light Energy/Kinetic fire; mostly Kinetic, treat as kinetic attack)
Target: Billy Club Guard A
Target Weapon: Billy Club (Melee, Type advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Ceramic (No armor penalities!)
Bonuses: +1 for Drone Barrage Fire
Roll: 10 + 1 +1 = 12

The energy from the blaster glances off the ceramic armor, but the shelling from the drones pummels away, hammering through and shattering, knocking the guard back off his feet.

Captain Rojo raises his arms and begins shadow boxing. "C'mon, c'mon... this all you got? My crew's running circles around you..." Leaping forward towards the guards carrying SMGs, he throws his fist forward seemingly early... and then a personnel-sized missile pops out of the arm and rockets towards the group of SMG guards, looking to detonate at their center.

<ROJO TURN>
Weapon: ARMS, Hidden High-Powered Missile (Heavy/Explosive/AOE/+1 Damage Range)
Target: SMG Guard Group
Target Weapon Type: SMG (Light, +1 Attack Bonus!)
Armor: -2 penalty for SMG Guard A, -1 penalty for SMG Guard B, No penalty for SMG Guard C
Perk Bonus: Wild ARMS, Advanced Perk, +2 to hit for all ARMS weapons
SMG Guard A Roll: 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 4
SMG Guard A: Minor Success (+1 to future attacks against SMG Guard A)
SMG Guard B Roll: 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 5
SMG Guard B: Minor Success (+1 to future attacks against SMG Guard B)
SMG Guard C Roll: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7
SMG Guard C: Success! - 1 Damage Levels!

The dust clears from the explosion, and it seems all three of the guards were able to evade severe damage, but Rojo smiles nonetheless. "Not a problem not a problem... I'm just getting warmed up!"

The Squad Leader hangs back, and gives an order. "Boarding Pirates have Engaged in Hosilities! Open fire!"

From the back, the laser rifle guards direct their attention to the targets they can easily notice; Two fire at Rojo, one fires at Zach and one fires at Sebastian.
The SMG guards, still coughing from the smoke from Rojo's missle, raise their SMGs and fire, all directing their attention to Rojo due to his attack on them.
The club guards turn their attention to the ones who attacked them; one tries to swing back at Zach for his earlier attack, while the other gets up and moves towards Sebastian.

<ENEMY ATTACKS>
Laser Rifle Guard A
Weapon: Laser Rifle (Heavy/Energy)
Target: Rojo
Target Weapon: ARMS (Always has advantage on Defense due to Wild ARMS perk, -1)
Target Armor: Null Plate (-3 to all damage types)
Roll: 5-3-1 = 1
Failure...

Rojo raises his arm to protect his face, and all laser energy harmlessly deflects to the side due to his highly advanced personal armor

Laser Rifle Guard B
Damage Penalty: Condition Orange, -2 to hit
Target: Sebastian
Target Weapon Type: Light (Type Advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: None
Roll: 1
BOTCH RISK
Botch Roll: 3 -2 + 1 = 2
BOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly, the rifle that Jonas shot earlier explodes in the guards hand, sending him flying backwards and knocking him out of the fight. Rojo blinks and laughs. "NEVER MIND! Nice work all around, Kid!"

Laser Rifle Guard C
Roll: 1
BOTCH RISK
Botch Roll: 4 - 3 - 1 = 0
BOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other guard shooting Rojo notices his gun jam; it looks like he hasn't been properly taking care of it. It will take him time to unjam it.

Laser Rifle Guard D
Target: Zachary
Target Weapon Type: Melee (Type Disadvantage, -1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Titanium Armor (-1 to all damage types)
Roll: 5 - 1 -1 = 3
Failure...

The guard shooting at Zachary shoots wide, completely failing to hit the target.

The Squad Leader plants his face firmly in his palm at the dismal performance of his laser riflemen.

SMG Guard A
Weapon: SMG (Light/Kinetic)
Roll: 2 - 1 - 3 = -2
Failure...

SMG Guard B
Roll: 6 - 1 - 3 = 2
Failure...

SMG Guard C
Penalties: Condition Yellow, -1 to hit
Roll: 12
CRITICAL THREAT
Critical Roll: 11 - 3 - 1 - 1 = 6
THREAT AVOIDED
Roll: 12 - 3 - 1 - 1 = 7
Success! -1 Damage level

Two of the SMG Guards fail to hit anything at all... but the third almost gets lucky, with Rojo suddenly needing to raise both his arms to prevent a spray of bullets from hitting his face, leaving his left arm wounded. "DAMN that smarts!"

Billy Club Guard A
Weapon: Billy Club (Melee/Concussive)
Penalties: Condition Orange, -2 to hit
Target: Sebastian
Target Weapon Type: Light (Type Disadvantage, -1 to hit!)
Target Armor: None
Roll: 11 - 2 - 1 = 8
Success! -1 Damage level

The guard that Sebastian hit stumbles to his feet and leaps forward, getting lucky and tagging Sebastian cleanly on the face with his club.

Billy Club Guard B
Weapon: Billy Club (Melee/Concussive)
Penalties: Condition Yellow, -1 to hit
Target: Zachary
Target Weapon Type: Melee(Type Neutral)
Target Armor: Titanium Armor (-1 to all damage types)
Roll: 6 - 1 - 1
Minor Success (+1 to future attacks against Zachary)

The other guard retaliates against Zachary, and manages to leave a small bruise on his shoulder.

ROJO'S GROUP
<== Jonas ==>
<Armor>: Weak Forcefield [X-2/K-1]
<Tool>: Refractive Shield [E-1]
<Tool>: First Aid Kit
<Combat Knack>: Steamlight Speed (Bonus for light weapons, always takes highest initiative in combat)
<Special Knack>: Killah Beats (Bonus for trick shots from behind cover)

<== Sebastian ==>
Condition: YELLOW (-1 to all attacks)
<Tool>: Neural Network Interface
<Tool>: Metal Shield [K-1]
<Drones>: Four Basic Ranged Attack Drones [K]
<Combat Knack>: Close Quarters Brawler (Bonus for using Fist-fight Melee attacks)
<Special>: Personnel Drones (Can program drones to fight for him)

<== Zachary ==>
<Weapon>: Beam Sword [M/E]
<Armor>: Titanium Armor [K-1/X-1/E-1]
<Combat Knack>: Dirty Fighter (Bonus for using the environment and tools cleverly in battle)
Wounds: 1 (+1 to attacks against Zachary)

<== Fred ==>
<Tool>: Intrusion Kit
<Tool>: Self Repair Module (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Harmless Appearance (Draws low amounts of Aggro, has bonus to attacking distracted opponents)
Special: 1 free action to use a ship system once, +1 on next hack attempt

<== Rojo ==>
Condition: YELLOW
<Weapon>: ARMS [????]
<Armor>: Null Plate [????]
<Tool>: Advanced First Aid Kit (5/5)
<Tool>: Flashbangs (3/3)
<Tool>: Swara Pulsar - Madhyama
<Combat Knack>: Wild ARMS (Neural Interface with Cybernetic Limb gives bonuses to offense and defense using ARMS system)

ENEMIES

Squad Leader

Laser Rifle Guard A

Laser Rifle Guard B
Condition: RED (Unable to fight)

Laser Rifle Guard C
Status: Gun Jam, Unable to do anything other than unjam gun for 1 round

Laser Rifle Guard D

SMG Guard A
Wounds: 1 (+1 to attacks against this enemy)

SMG Guard B
Wounds: 1 (+1 to attacks against this enemy)

SMG Guard C
Condition: YELLOW (-1 to all attacks!)

Billy Club Guard A
Condition: ORANGE (-2 to all attacks!)

Billy Club Guard B
Condition: YELLOW (-1 to all attacks!)

============================================================

Feng begins unloading her autocannon with suppressive fire, filling the hallway with kinetic rounds before her teammates rush in.

<FENG TURN>
Weapon, Special Mode: Autocannon, Suppressive fire (Heavy/Kinetic, on success all enemies gets penalties on attack and may take damage at one step lower, Critical Threat not possible, may not use Autocannon next round for overheating)
Perk Bonuses: Heavy Weapons Girl, +1 for using Heavy Weapon
Squad Leader: 8 - 1 + 1 = 8
Success! 1 wound, -1 to next attack
Sabre Guard A: 11 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 10
MAJOR SUCCESS!! -1 Damage Level, -1 to next attack
Sabre Guard B: 12 - 1 + 1 = 12
Sabre Guard C: 10 - 1 + 1 - 2 = 8
Success! 1 wound, -1 to next attack
Grenade Launcher Guard A: 10 + 1 -1 = 10
Grenade Launcher Guard B: 4 + 1 = 5
Minor Success -1 to next attack
Blaster Guard A: 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 6
Blaster Guard B: 4 + 1 + 1 = 6

Most of the guards hit the deck in the face of the wall of bullets; a few get grazed and several take a clean hit in the process. Feng's autocannon begins to turn a bright red from the heat of the continued hail of bullets, and eventually can fire no rounds and needs to cool down. Once the firing ends, they find themselves being rushed down by three melee fighters.

Rocs dances forth, efficiently identifying the enemy he feels he can cause the most damage to with the least amount of trouble in just three steeps.

<ROCS TURN>
Weapon: Beam Sabre - Fencing Rapier (Melee/Energy/+1 against Melee)
Target: Grenade Launcher Guard A
Target Weapon Type: Heavy (Type Advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Weak Force Field (No Penalties)
Perk Bonuses: Do No Harm, +1 for fighting in a non-lethal way
Roll: 9 + 1 + 1 = 11

The green energy of the rapier pierces right through the guard's wrists, causing him to drop his weapon and fall to his knees, unable to so much as lift his heavy weapon.

Jomo fakes out the guards with a well timed toss of his dud grenade, and grapples with the other grenade launcher guard to ring his bell.

<JOMO TURN>
Weapon: Grapple Headbutt (Melee/Concussive)
Target: Grenade Launcher Guard B
Target Weapon Type: Heavy (Type advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Ceramic (-1 for concussive damage)
Other Bonuses: 50% chance of +1 feint bonus
Perk Bonuses: Comfortably Numb, +1 for grappling
Feint Roll: 4 (fail...)
Attack Roll: 8 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9
Success! -1 Damage level

While the guard isn't fooled by the empty feint, he is very surprised to see Jomo give him a huge bear hug; skull meets skull and the guard reels from the pain.

Enrica dashes forward, twin blades flashing as she zips towards the Squad Leader... however, before she can get there, a sabre wielding fighter leaps to his feet to try to stop her.

The poor fool.

<ENRICA TURN>
Weapon: 2x Swords (Melee/Kinetic+Energy, 2 attacks at diminished damage range due to Dual Blade Master Knack, both blades have increased damage range, net damage range +2)
Target: Sabre Guard C
Target Weapon Type: Melee (Type Neutral)
Target Armor: Fiber Weave (Kinetic - 2, Energy - 1)
Perk Bonuses: Dual Blade Master, +3 to hit when using dual weapons
Vibroblade Roll: 4 + 3 - 2 = 5
Success! -1 Damage level
Energy Blade Roll: 11 + 3 - 1 = 13
CRITICAL SUCCESS Instant Red, Sadistic Streak grants +1 to all future attacks

The guard barely has time to react as he tries to block the first attack, gets his arms slashed, and his defenses lowered to be cleanly incapacitated by Enrica's energy blade. He limply falls to the ground, still breathing but unable to act.

The guards are shaken by the onslaught; two of their own are down and several of them are wounded. The Squad Leader bites his lip and barks out, "Stand your ground, men! We must protect our cargo!"

The remaining guards move to act, the sabre guards advancing towards Feng in a desperate attempt to prevent another autocannon barrage, while the grenade launcher guard backs up launching a grenade at the feet of Enrica, Jomo and Rocs to hopefully open them up for an attack by the blasters.

<ENEMY TURNS>
Sabre Guard A
Weapon: Sabre (Melee/Kinetic)
Penalties: Condition Yellow, -1 to attacks; Suppressive fire, -1 to next attack
Target: Feng
Target Armor: Fiber Weave (-2 to kinetic hits)
Roll: 7 - 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 5
Minor Success (Future attacks to Feng get +1 bonus)

Sabre Guard B
Weapon: Sabre (Melee/Kinetic)
Target: Feng
Target Armor: Fiber Weave (-2 to kinetic hits)
Target Penalties: 1 Wound, +1 to hit
Roll: 3 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 1
Failure...

The two remaining Sabre guards rush Feng, and find their blades barely do anything to the cyborg girl's chassis.

Grenade Launcher Guard B
Weapon: Grenade Launcher (Heavy/Explosive, AOE effect with -1 damage range)
Targets: Enrica, Jomo, Rocs
Target Weapon Types: Melee (Type Disadvantage, -1 to hit)
Target Armor: Enrica, Blademaster Tunic (-2 to all damage types); Jomo, Weak Force Field + Comfortably Numb Knack (-2 to explosive damage, -1 to explosive damage); Rocs, Pulsar repulsion belt (-2 to explosive damage)
Enrica Roll: 11 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 = 6
Minor Success (Future attacks to Enrica get +1 bonus)
Jomo Roll: 6 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 = 0
Failure...
Rocs Roll: 3 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 = -2
Failure...

Jomo is completely unphased by the explosion, having made far worse ones for fun, and Rocs dances out of the way with skill and grace. Enrica takes a burn from the heat, but only smiles.

Blaster Guard A
Weapon: Blaster (Light/Energy)
Penalties: Suppressive Fire, -1 to next attack
Target: Jomo
Target Weapon Type: Melee (Type Advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Weak Force Field (No bonus)
Roll: 6 + 1 - 1 = 6
Minor Success (Future attacks to Jomo get +1 bonus)

Blaster Guard B
Weapon: Blaster (Light/Energy)
Penalties: Suppressive Fire, -1 to next attack
Target: Rocs
Target Weapon Type: Melee (Type Advantage, +1 to hit!)
Target Armor: Fiber Weave Armor (Energy -1)
Roll: 7 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 6
Minor Success (Future attacks to Rocs get +1 bonus)

The two blaster guards fire at Jomo and Rocs, each one getting grazed by the blaster energy, but not leaving any serious damage.

ENRICA'S GROUP
<== Jomo ==>
<Weapon>: Pistol w/ Explosive Ammunition [L/X]
<Weapon>: Model 24 Stiel [M/X]
<Combat Knack>: Comfortably Numb (Bonus for using grapple type melee attacks and close range explosives, defensive bonus against explosive damage
Wounds: 1 (+1 to hit Jomo)

<== Feng ==>
<Weapon>: Small Autocannon [H/K] (Suppressive Fire Upgrade)
<Weapon>: Giant Wrench [M/X]
<Tool>: Repair Kit (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Heavy Weapons Girl (Bonus for using heavy weapons, can equip heavy anti-corsair gear)
Penalties: Autocannon Overheated for 1 turn (cannot be used)
Wounds: 1 (+1 to hit feng)

<== Rocs ==>
<Weapon>: Beam Sabre - Fencing Rapier [M/E] (+1 against melee upgrade)
<Weapon>: Pulsar Force Glove [M/S] (Status Effect - Stun)
<Tool>: First Aid Kit (3/3)
<Tool>: Pulsar Repulsion Belt [X-2]
<Combat Knack>: Do No Harm (Bonus for using non-lethal weapons and fighting in a non-lethal way)
Wounds: 1 (+1 to hit Rocs)

<== Enrica ==>
<Weapon>: Black Steel Vibroblade [M/K]
<Weapon>: High-Powered Energy Blade [M/E]
<Armor>: Blademaster Tunic [????]
<Tool>: Flashbang (3/3)
<Combat Knack>: Dual Blade Master (Can dual wield swords, bonuses for using swords)
<Special Knack>: Sadistic Streak (Gets bonuses for each enemy taken down)
Bonus: Sadistic Streak +1
Wounds: 1

ENEMIES

Squad Leader
Wounds: 1 (+1 to hit)
Penalties: -1 to next attack

Sabre Guard A

Sabre Guard B

Sabre Guard C
Condition: RED (Unable to act)

Grenade Launcher Guard A
Condition: RED (Unable to act)

Grenade Launcher Guard B

Blaster Guard A

Blaster Guard B

(OOC: Phew that took a while... I'll start thinking of ways to streamline this process some, but please give me any feedback as to things you think I should have accounted for, this combat system is still a work in progress.)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 am 
Note: For your convenience, the following conversation has been translated from binary to the approximate English equivalents.

Code:
Fred: Hi! I am air pressure sensor number 4BH-42.

Central computer: Hello, air pressure sensor 4BH-42. How can I help you today?

Fred: I am detecting a very sharp drop in air pressure in corridor 4BH. There must be a leak nearby.

Central computer: Oh no! For the safety of the crew, I must close pressure doors 4BH-17 and 4BH-18 immediately!

Pressure door 4BH-18 is about a hundred metres away from the battle, down the corridor. But one of the enemy crewmen is standing in pressure door 4BH-17, when it suddenly slams shut on him!

Fred, meanwhile, continues to try to force his way further into the system.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 am 
Jomo just clicks his tongue at the explosion. "That wasn't very good at all, now was it!" The smile on his face is near psychotic, and his laughter doesn't help improve the mood. "Normally I'd show you what a real explosive looks like," He rushes the grenade launching guard once more, "But I promised to be on my best behavior this time." Jomo stretches one arm around the guard's leg and presses his other hand quickly against the guard's chest, lifting him up into the air over the grenadier's head. "That's why I'm only doing this." Jomo takes a step back to steady himself, then with all his might chucks Grenade Launcher B at both Blaster Guards A and B, hoping to strike them both with their now projectile of an ally. "That's for the burns Doc'll have to treat!" He yells towards the two.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
With a 'Tch' noise and a look of annoyance on her face, Feng drops the autocannon to just her right arm, grabs the mace-sized wrench she uses when working with Corsairs with her left, and sends it flying into the skull of the Saber Guard wearing ceramic armor, as opposed to the guy in the force field.

"C'mon, guys, letting two of 'em get past you? Sloppy..." She then holds her wrench menacingly towards whichever of the saber-wielders are still engaged with her, and grins cheerfully. "Who wants it?"

OOC: Attacking Saber Guard B.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG