Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"I know I am," Kai nods, "What does it entail?"

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:45 am 
"...don't trust the squirrel." murmurs Clarence, making a note of this important piece of info. "Thanks."

"We're new," he adds to Leply, "and interested in everything."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:27 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Upon overhearing the details, Karie's eyes widen and her face returns to normal. Well that sounds alright.

Moving back towards the group, she says, "I'm in."

Then, she turns to Kai and says with a manic glint in her eye, "Whoever gets the most kills wins."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Brand shrugs, and says "I'm up for trying the whole 'raiding' thing. You better decide ahead of time whether boss monsters count as one or multiple, though. I don't want to listen to you two fight if one of you takes the big guy down and the other says it's still just one."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:17 am 
Clarence's character sheet ping, and he opens it up to find that his upgrade comes with questions. He hesitates over one of them for a while, then asks "Hey, would buffing allies count as 'offense' or 'defence'"?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:00 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Rollen laughs at Clarence's question. "Either, really, sparky. You look like a blaster mage, though. You won't get a lot of buffing spells unless you work hard on specializing it, is what the boards say so far. You guys sure you're set for this? Still selecting level up features, after all, maybe you aren't ready."

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm 
"I'm hoping for just one." murmurs Clarence, tapping out his choices. "If I can speed up my allies, or possibly slow down my enemies - well, given how much damage per action some of my allies can do, that might be the most damaging thing I could reasonably do."

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
"Well, best as anyone can tell, though I havent seen anyone over level 6 yet, your power set will be determined not just by the level options ,but what you focus on. System's mega-good at crunching habits as well as sacks of numbers, you know?"

Leply stomps her foot, which makes Rollen stop in his tracks. "Look. Normally I'd say you wouldn't have a shot in the hunt mission. But today's a bit odd. Hardly any teams seem around. So, I'll just tell you, meet back here in a half hour, inner time. You should have gotten a bonus of money and Astra for beating the boss AND the tutorial, so take a moment to equip yourself. And if any of you are like the mage, still trying to figure your level out. Maybe you shouldn't show up."

OOC: Ok, looking into the system, you discover that the lady is right. you have 2500 Yoren and one each of Power and Magic Astra added to what you already had. The item store is the same as the one in the tutorial, being a starting town. Anyone who wants to purchase something specialized (magic items, new weapons) request it in a PM a well as any requests/plans for item buys or upgrades. I'll be posting on tomorrow morning/afternoon regardless, and expect your level up sheets then as well, so take any time to talk amongst yourselves or with the other PCs or attempt any tasks you'd like. But get your requests to me right away, because we'll be moving right along. Sorry about all the delays.

basic shop

Alchemist Fire: 100 Yoren (thrown item does fire damage)
Shock Sphere: 125 Yoren (Thrown item does Electrical Damage)
Dark Ball: 160 Yoren (Thrown item does Darkness Damage)

Flash Orb: 110 Yoren (Activated item blinds enemies for 2 rounds)
Tangleglue: 200 Yoren (Thrown item slows enemies)
Sleep Powder: 190 (activated item fatigues or sleeps enemies)

Power Crystal: 250 Yoren (Boost strength for 4 rounds)
Swift Brew: 200 Yoren (Boost agility for 4 rounds)
Bright Elixir: 210 Yoren (Boost wisdom for 4 rounds)

Cure Bulb: 80 Yoren (Cure 50 HP)
Cure Blossom: 150 Yoren(Cure 150 HP)
Sap of Life: 400 Yoren (Ressurect a dead ally with 20% hp)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am 
Teiresias smiles, and bows his head towards the two players. "Thanks for the info. Hope to see ya there." Teiresias rests the hammer back on his shoulder and places his other hand on his hip, still smiling widely. "Guess this is as good a time as any to try some more crafting. If you guys want an upgrade, let me know and I'll see what I can do." Teiresias opens his menu, and examines the Astra he's received, along with his current weapon and armor load out. Teiresias strokes his beard, a stern look across his brow, before he seems to make a decision and closes the menu. "One for each, I should think. And I should probably purchase a few restorative items for the inventory. And something to boost my awful speed." He pauses for a moment, then turns back to Leply and Rollen. "I can't guarantee much given my level, but would you guys like me to try and upgrade your weapons or armor? It's the least I could do for giving us all this help." Teiresias places his hands across both Kai's and Karie's shoulders and smiles. "C'mon, who's up for a trip to the Forge?"

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 am 
"Hmmm. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." Clarence looks over his new astras, and his Plague Staff. "Hey, Teirasias - could I ask you to use both of these to improve the staff? Maybe add a bonus for fire spells, if possible. And after that I'm going to have a look around in the shop."

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 pm 
Kai examines the menus and decides that one is going to hold on to one's astra for a while. Kai then zips over to the shop while everyone talks and browses for a few, buying 5 Cure Blossoms (750), 2 Power Crystals (500), 5 Flash Orbs (550) and a single Sap of Life (400). Kai adds them to the inventory and hangs on to the remaining 300 gold.

A moment later Kai's back with the ground and smiling, "You're on Karie! Let's get this dungeon run on the road!"

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:09 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Karie considers her options, notes that her Short Black Sword has enough Astra for an upgrade, and considers Teiresias' offer, eyebrows curled in worry.

Ugh, Let the RPer level up my gear...?

She takes a step out in to the market place, saying "I'll be right back," and goes to check on the prices of upgrades.

In a minutes time, the group hears loud swearing from the market place.

"WHAT THE [CENSORED]?! 1000 Yoren for a [CENSORED] Level One Upgrade?! ROBBING THE GROUPS THAT DIDN'T GET A SMITHER BLIND, THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE [CENSORED] DOING!!!!"

Walking back to the group, a scowl on her face, she hands two power astra, a magic astra, and her Short Black Sword to Teiresias.

"Take care of it, okay?!"

She then walks to the store counter and slams a bunch of Yoren on the counter, selecting two power crystals, two swift brews, four Cure Bulbs, three Flash Orbs, three Tangleglues, and two sleep powders, pocketing her remaining 40 Yoren.

Turning to Kai, she says, "Once Teiresias finishes my sword, you're on!"

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm 
Kai watches as Karie storms off and then returns to shove her weapon in Teiresias' face. When Karie shouts her challenge again, Kai smiles weakly and nods, "Of course." Kai does not seem to be in a normal mind set. Kai pulls up the menus and begins looking through long lists of items, trying to check forums for the glitch they all just experienced.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Maya soon follows after Karie, handing her Spear over to Teiresias along with a power and magic astra - enough to 'level' it up to Lance. "Upgrade." She turns to walk away, but checks herself before she does, turning back to the Smith. "Please."

Manners, satisfied, Maya head over to the shop, buying 5x Tangleglue, 2x Sap of Life, 1x Swift Brew, and 2x Power Crystal.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 am 
Teiresias takes his allies weaponry with a smile, "Of course I'll take care of it!" He says with a chuckle, before taking one last glance to Kai. "If you change your mind about upgrading your weapons, or just want to talk, let me know, all right?" He says quietly to the boy, gentle smile on his face. "And you two," he says turning back to Leply and Rollen, "My offer still stands. Just let me know what I can do, and when you want it done." Whistling a merry tune to himself, Teiresias makes his way out towards the Smithy.

As he arrives, he finds an empty anvil, and lays the items that need upgrading down beside him. "Now, let's try this out. How did it go again?" Teiresias opens up the craft menu, and selects Karie's sword, along with the two Power and sole Magic Astra she'd given the party's smith. "Here we go. Upgrade." Teiresias brings his hammer into the air and smashes it against the sword, starting the crafting process. When finished with the new blade, he turns over to Clarence's new plague staff, selecting the Astra, with a simple level up to power and a magic enhancement to buff allies, or failing that, buff the boy's own powerful Fire Magic. Finally, he takes the Astra and spear from Maya, and forges them into a Lance. Teiresias wipes his brow, despite the lack of actual sweat, even in game, and smiles.

Teiresias reaches to undo his apron, but then pauses for a moment, examining his own weapon and armor before returning his gaze to his friends' weaponry. "We'll see what the store's got, then." He says to himself, tying back the apron before picking up Karie's sword and Clarence's staff once more. "Shame there's only enough for two. Have to make it up to Maya later." Just as he's about to strike the sword once more, a message pops up in front of him. "What? Really?" He lets loose a downhearted sigh, and sets the weapons aside once more. The Smither unequips his apron and sets it on the anvil, selecting his Power Astra before giving the leather armor a dumbfounded look. "Smack an apron with a hammer, and make it stronger. Gotta love RPG logic." He mutters to himself as the animation of him hammering begins once more. Once he's finished, he looks at the remaining Magic Astra in his inventory, then down to his hammer. "Now how the [CENSORED] is this supposed to work?" He says with a sigh, before selecting the Status Ailment enchantment.

The same merry tune as before grows louder as Teiresias returns to the party, freshly enhanced weapons glistening in the light. Even the plague staff, which went sans full upgrade, seems to have a better looking appearance. "Here you all are." Teiresias says, handing the weapons back to their respective owners. "Hope I got them just the way you wanted." He smiles to the group before giving another short wave. "I'm going to go visit the shops real quick. I'll be back in time for the raid." He says, hiding a frown on his face as he works his way towards the local stores.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG