Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:27 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Krail9
Raven comes back, smiling a bit. "Heh heh, untouched. Looks like my new shadow kunai technique was a shocking success." She can't help but grin as she walks back over to Naruto, not worrying about having to heal. She looks down at Senkoumaru, speaking through her teeth a bit, "You've certainly made quite the leap in genjutsu, munchkin...."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:43 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Senkoumaru sticks his arms behind his head and gets a stubborn look on his face, "Bah! Before you get all high and mighty about feminine rights and whatnot..." He points at Naruto, "He's the bastard that said he wouldn't teach me the Rendan untill I learned the Harem." He grins, "And besides, it hit Tsumeta pretty damned hard! I doubt it'll be so effective again on him, but it's a good weapon to have when you come across a Ero-Type nin."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:42 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
OOC: Alright, I'm gonna PM Tigris to see if she's still with us. While she's not here, Yami will be in my control, and as much as I don't want to, I may have to pass Yami on to another person.

Yami is resisting all she can to avoid ripping Senkoumaru limb from limb... and since it's rather hard, Naruto is actually having to hold her back.

Naruto pats Senkoumaru's head. "Unfortunately, those types of nins are few and far between. YOu'll just have to get stronger and develop more ruses to get the Rendan to work." He then gives a smile. "Anyway, how about we call it a day? I've already given Fuumake the letter, so there's no need for us to go to the Ice village. Let's just get to an inn for the night, then head home tomorrow, alright?"

-----------------------------

The next day, Naruto's team sets out for Konoha. When they arrive, Naruto sends the GEnin home and goes to report to Tsunade. There, he finds Neji already giving a report, and Ino arrives soon after.

After their reports are given, Godaime stands up and speaks to the three Jounin. "Alright, so all your students did well on this mission? That is very good, for you see, something has come up. Someone has directly requested three teams of with Genin and Jounin. Your teams will be working directly together for this mission. I'll give your teams some time to rest, but be sure they've been given substantial training over the next three days. In three days, you will report here with your teams for the mission..."

NEXT EPISODE!

"Hey, hey, Ino, Neji! Do you think it's okay for our teams to be working so close together?"

"I see no problem with it."

"But some of them might have trouble working together... and this mission worries me."

"I know what you mean... that place, having that kind of problem... and the necessity to send Sakura as well..."

"Next Time, Episode 9: A Dangerous Mission! Darkness approaches from the mists..."

"Look forward to it!"

OOC: Alright, I'm cutting off the plot segment of the thread here. However, I'm keeping this unlocked and am unlocking the other threads as well so that there can be post-episode character interactions (Dom pointed out to me this might be useful, and I agreed.) Anyway, next chapter will kick the plot into full gear. Points are distributed as follows:

Yami: 6 stat points, 11 skill points
Senkoumaru: 5 stat points, 6 skill points (Although I would have deducted 11 normally, I decided that I'll just cut your gains in half; you'll need some better skills for the next chapter)
Raven: 4 stat points, 13 skill points

---------------------------------
POST CHAPTER INTERACTION
---------------------------------

The next day, Naruto calls the Genin together. "So, guys, what did you think of the mission? Anything you'd like to say after your first 'real' battle with other genin?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:01 pm 
Yami looks at Naruto with a slightly quizical glance, before resting her head on the palm of her left hand, enjoying the feel of the cold metal of her claw.

"What did I think of it? It was interesting to see another country, if even for a short time, although the cold was not pleasant. It was not a real battle however, Kenji did not use his sword, I did not use my claws, and likely everyone else, with one exception, held back as well. For a group that championed working together, they did not. We did not either and truthfully should not have 'won'."

Pausing a moment, she continues, 'Neither of our teams is anywhere near prepared for a chuunin exam to be honest. Although it was slightly interesting to see that other villiages have genins as weak-willed as we do.'

'What are we doing today, if I may ask?' she questions with a face devoid of emotion, but eyes alit with anticipation of doing something.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:48 pm 
OOC - *tackle-hugs Tigris* SHE LIVES!! Wheeee!

Senkoumaru's eye go pointy and white and a cross of veins appear on his forehead, "Who's not holding back now?!" He sighs then and turns to Naruto, "But she's right... That wasn't a real battle. In the Chuunin exam we'll be fighting to the death sometimes. We need more experience... and more training."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:24 am 
"At least it was interesting to fight against someone who didn't already know about Sekkou." The crow on her shoulder caws smugly. "But in the end it wasn't a real battle. Just another sparring match. It isn't a real battle until something important is on the line. Not that I'm especially eagar for that, or anything," she says, scratching her head. "My mother freaks out enough when I just have sparring matches..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:56 pm 
Senkoumaru's grin fades from his face, "Feh. That's not all she freaked out over..."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:44 am 
Raven turns and glares at Senkoumaru, "And just what is that supposed to mean?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:14 am 
Senkoumaru sighs and shakes his head, "Nothing. It means nothing. It's nothing insulting towards her so just drop it. I shouldn't have even said it, so just drop it Gentobu." He begins to walk away, looking at Naruto, "Sensei..." He seems awkwardly serious, "We have a little time before our next mission right? I want to train with your son untill then. Is that alright? Plus, I have a favor to ask..."

OOC - And seriously, that wasn't a "Yo mama said that last night!" type of comment, it's something that is very serious to Senkoumaru and I'd like to keep it secret for the time being.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:32 pm 
Naruto smiles as the three voice their concerns. "That's right; the Chuunin Exam is indeed coming up, and not one of you is truly ready. Individually, you each may be able to handle your own... but as a team, you need quite a bit of work." As Senkoumaru starts to walk away, Naruto says, "Yeah, we got three days until our next mission, but I'm not sure what Akarui's schedule is like; he could be sent off at any time, and he's training with his team often as well. If you can find him, be my guest... however, we're not done here today."

Standing up, Naruto stretches a bit and says, "For today... we're not going to do anything strenuous. I hear the mission Tsunade is preparing is going to be quite a doozy, so although you should be training, tone it down a little. Today, as a group, you guys will be talking strategy amongst yourselves. By now, you know your own strengths and weaknesses, and should be able to tell your teammate's strengths and weaknesses as well."

Looking at them with a serious face, he says, "The Chuunin exam is no simple task, and before I can even consider sending you, you have to figure each other out. I want you to talk to each other for now, and devise a way that you can get your skills to complement each others, not hinder. You proved to me once that you could work together. Prove it to me again.

"Oh, and one more thing; even with your individual training, do not hide what you can do from your teammates. You are all members of this cell, and although you may have your personal secrets, you need to be able to be able to devise team strategies for any situations, and that means knowing what each person can do."

With that, he walks over to a log and begins hitting it repeatedly.

OOC: Need to hear from Krail regarding points. Take your time, but don't take too much time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:55 pm 
Senkoumaru stops, grinning, "Feh... Akarui can wait then." He walks back over and sits down in front of Raven and Yami. "Look. I know you two don't think highly of me, and it's not like I haven't done anything to merit it. I've been an ass, a big one, and if we had the choice I wouldn't be suprised in the least if you both never wanted to work with me again. But look... We are a team. We need each other, and we really need to stop picking out each other's flaws and start working together."

He makes a point with his finger in the air, "Think about how well our three abilites could fit together if we really started working as a team? Yami your Taijutsu is unstopable, but from long ranges and if attacked by Genjutsu or Ninjutsu, you'd be in trouble. Raven, your a Genjutsu master and I highly doubt you'd ever have to worry about being effected by it. However when it comes to Taijutsu and Ninjutsu, you're lacking in both offense and defense. Myself, I'm a ranged combat expert, and a master at Ninjutsu, however when it comes to close ranged combat or if anyone ever manages to hit me with Genjutsu, I'm screwed." He sighs, "Seperate, as we have been, we are only each other's weaknesses. But together... those weaknesses are covered. And we become each other's strength."

"Yami you could be our lead attacker, get in close and fire away against the enemy, keeping them away from myself and Raven. Raven would be support, confusing the enemy with Genjutsu while protecting us from it. I would be a secondary attacker and supporter, using both Ranged tactics and Ninjutsu to keep the enemies down and protect the both of you from the same type of attacks. I know we each have flaws, and I know with training we can overcome them, but untill that day we must be able to cover each other's weaknesses untill we can destroy them. So no more hateful looks, no more secrets, none of that crap we give each other. In fact, I'll go first. I've been working on Lightning Jutsu, and I think by the next mission I'll be ready to use it. Besides that I have my Kage Bunshin, my... usefull but questionable Harem, and my long range tactics. And Yami I know you'd like to tear me apart but guess what? I learned it from Naruto and I'll be damned if I don't use it should I come across a real pervert nin."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:19 pm 
Yami frowns slightly at the idea of not training prior to their upcoming mission, even more so at the notion of discussing anything with these two.

As Senkoumaru speaks, the dry amusement coming from inside her is almost palpable.

'The little pervert brat is talking about teamwork? As if anything he says is worthwhile now,' she thinks to herself coldly. 'Might as well ask a genjutsu witch for advice, oh wait they're related aren't they.'

Lowering her last three fingers, she bites down on her middle finger slightly as he speaks.

As he finishes, she nods slightly and swings her arms to her sides for a moment before saying, 'For perhaps the only time in your lifetime, I actually agree with you, somewhat. My strengths are close range combat; however, I doubt that any long range or ninjutsu user would have terribly large success against me. They need to maintain distance, which I would not allow. Genjutsu though, I do not have any defense against, save that most of them are on the frail side and thus easily neutralized.'

'As to my abilities, showing someone is easier then telling when speaking about taijutsu.' With that she carefully removes her weights and reverantly lays them down on the ground, before getting into a stance and attacking a nearby log 6 times. Stopping instantly, she returns to where she was and places her weights back on.

'In times of true need, that is what I can do. As to your idea, I see little reason not to at least try it, if everyone is commited to working together as opposed to seperately as has occured in the past.' She finishes in a calm voice and picks splinters out of her claws with a detached demeanor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:42 pm 
Raven gives Senkoumaru an odd look as he is the first one to start talking teamwork strategies. She crosses her arms and listens as the other two talk. "Well, those are some good points... You know, while I may not be overly strong, I'm no slouch when it comes to hand-to-hand or ranged combat. With my genjutsu I can get in and out of the fray more easily. I've also been putting a bit of work into more powerful genjutsu. I think I might be able to slow our enemies down in more ways than one." They could almost swear that they see a little gleam in her eyes as she says this.

"And you can't forget that our team has a bit of an advantage over other 3 person teams. We're a four person team." Sekkou caws. "Sekkou and I have been training hard recently, and we've got a few new tricks up our sleeves." He caws at her. "Under wings, whatever. Anyway, he's more than just another set of eyes that can drop a knife, he's been training pretty hard in ranged combat, and... Well... He's been working on developing his own jutsu." The crow puffs out his chest feathers haughtily.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:34 pm 
OOC: Nothing else to say to each other?

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG