Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:02 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: NekoFlashblade
OOC: RECAP POSTAGE OF DOOOOOOOOOM!

HimizujinEternia

Location: Falling in love with the greatest anime of all time... all over again

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:56 pm

3 days have now passed since Team 4 passed Neji's test. They have now completed 4 D rank missions, and each one was as boring and mundane as before. While the evening trainings were rather useful, the team had begun to lose patience with their job.

Episode 7: Friends or Foes? Mission to the Hidden Village of Sound!

Neji stood near the south entrance of the Academy, talking with Tenten before she had to go and teach her new students. "Tenten, I think today is going to be the day. Godaime said a few days back that she was preparing a C rank mission for my students. I'm a bit concerned about what it might be..." To that, Tenten replies, "Well, we've trained them quite a bit, right? And your kids are impressive. They're ready, I know it." She then walks into the building, leaving Neji to think, But from what I understand, they're going to get the hardest mission of the three new teams...

Scygnus Darkhawk

Location: here, but... Theyre coming to take me away haha, theyre coming to take me away hee hee ho ho

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:37 pm

Bayuka, as usual, rolled out of his tree, hitting the ground on his feet. But today is a bit different. The moment he strikes the ground, a shuriken leaves his hand and strikes a wooden target. It strikes almost at the center. Better. These last few evenings have paid off. Even if the days were boring. And pointless. Ah well. He works, they train him. He trains, he gets stronger. He gets stronger, he gets closer to achieving his goal. It's a workable deal. Satisfied that his stores are full enough for a while and cleanly washed, he walks into the village toward the academy to get today's mission. What will it be this time, chalking the sidewalk for the younger children? Hmph. Whatever it is, as long as he gets training, he'll do it.

OOC: If you can't tell, this is mostly his train of thought...

ZetaStriker

Location: "Thank you Mr. President, but our weapons of mass destruction are in another castle!"

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:02 am

(ooc - At this point it looks like Starflight is at least temporarily away from the boards. I wouldn't waste too much time waiting for him to post...)

Ikumi woke up tired, much as he had done every morning as far back as he could remembered. His new morning routine helped him cope though, leaving him more active in the early hours of the day than before. Throwing on his clothes and grabbing his newly acquired Kodachi, he heads out the window and swings onto the roof of the orphanage to practice...

----

...later in the day, he arrives at the appointed spot right on schedule. Another day, another mundane mission. It wasn't all bad though, finding inventive ways of using his jutsu to solve ordinary wasn't exactly the most boring thing he had ever done.

"Sensei." Ikumi nods to his elder in greeting and then leans against the wall, waiting for his teammates to arrive.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:42 pm

Neji turns to Bayuka and Ikumi as they arive, grinning. "Good morning. It's good to see you two right on time. I'm glad you haven't abandoned this."

He then closes his eyes. Makoto... late as usual... He snickers and says, "Well, tell me, you two; how confident do you feel with your abilities?"

OOC: If starflight has not posted by my next post, I'll play his character until he returns.

ZetaStriker

Location: "Thank you Mr. President, but our weapons of mass destruction are in another castle!"

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:06 pm

Ikumi smiles as Neji questions them about their confidence. "Pretty good. I'm now decent with a blade, and my jutsu are increasing in power as well. Not to mention that the physical oriented training is doing wonders for my stamina." He stops for a second, realizing why Neji might ask them something like that. "Why do you ask? Do you have a real mission lined up for us?"

Scygnus Darkhawk

Location: here, but... Theyre coming to take me away haha, theyre coming to take me away hee hee ho ho

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:26 pm

"My aim has improved, and my chakra is more easily manipulated after a bit of work with a master. I'm working on a few of those techniques you showed us, but nothing near even slightly workable yet... mostly my chakra control that's holding me back there... nothing near what I will be a week from now, but then, that's next week. I assume that whatever you hand us to do, it will not be above my abilites, and if it is, then on luck I do wish. But I hope you'll give us something even close to our level of ability." he says the last with a distasteful sneer.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:42 pm

OOC: *slaps self*

Neji smiles. "Good, good. I think Godaime-sama has something a bit more interesting for us to work with. Now, we just wait on Makoto..."

As he says this, Makoto comes running up, grinning. "Neji-sensei! I'm ready for today's mission! Let's go!"

Neji grins and says, "Well, looks like we're all here. Let's head on in and get our mission."

-----------------------------------

Team 4 enters Godaime's room to see the woman fiddling with a few scrolls labeled C. As she notices Neji enter, she stands up and holds up one of these scrolls. "Well, now, it's good to see you, Neji. I hope what Tenten has said about your students is true, because I have a C-rank mission in line for your students."

Upon hearing this, Neji sighs and says, "I suppose they're ready. I have been preparing them, after all. So, what mission are you sending them on?"

Godaime nods and holds out the scroll, offering it to Neji. Neji picks it up and opens it. A letter falls out onto the floor, with an address that is definitely not in Konoha, and perhaps not even in the country of fire. As Neji reads, his eyes widen, then narrow. "Ikumi, Bayuka, Makoto. It looks like we have been given quite a difficult assignment..."

ZetaStriker

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:51 pm

"Dificult?" Ikumi smiles and the prospect of a mission that might actually be challenging. "What is it?"

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:15 pm

Bayuka raises an eyebrow, "It's out of the country and you say it's difficult... at the very least, it'll be interesting."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:41 pm

Neji turns, a weak smile on his face, and replies, "I'm certain you're familiar with the name Hidden Village of Sound, right?"

He then looks at Godaime, eyes narrowed. What can she be thinking? Has she been talking with the new leaders of that village? Are they actually going to do it...?

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:23 pm

At hearing where exactly it is they're going, Bayuka raises both eyebrows, "Yes, definitely interesting. Difficult likely. What is it that we need to do?"

ZetaStriker

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:38 pm

"Of course I know about the Sound, and although I admit taking a mission in their territory is a bit intimidating, I don't think they're going to risk another war just to assault a Genin team. As long as our mission doesn't involve causing harm to them, it might not be as hard as you seem to think, Sensei."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:34 pm

Godaime grins as Neji voices his concerns, and then turns around, revealing the Kanji Gamble on her back. "Over the last 20 years, since the defeat of Orochimaru, our village has been working hard to reform the sounds. About 5 years ago, we let them regain their country and start training ninjas again. You are to travel to the country of sound and verify that they have indeed reformed. However, you will go under the guise of delivering a letter to the village leader. It shouldn't be too hard you. However, take care anyway. Members of the village may still harbor negative opinions of our Country."

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:26 pm

"Right. Shouldn't be too difficult. Hehe, 'shouldn't' being the word to remember." Bayuka smiles... well, sneers really.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:33 pm

This probably will end up harder than it sounds... but I'm not going to turn it down.

"I know it wont be easy, but I think we can get the job done. We can handle it." He puts up a confident smile.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:03 am 
StarflightDream

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:44 pm

Still panting from his late arrival (curse my blind eyes!) Makoto raises his hand.

"Excuse me, Godaime sensei, but what on what criteria will we judge whether or not the country of sound has been.... reformed? What should we search for?"

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:40 pm

Godaime turns, sending off a warm chakra signature to Makoto in an attempt to signify a "smile." "Simple; observe training methods, observe everything you see. A Ninja must read the hidden meanings in the hidden meanings. That's how you can see how much they've reformed."

Neji sighs, and nods. "Roger. Team 4, meet me at the East Gate in an hour with your stuff packed. This shouldn't be too long of a journey, but still bring a change of clothes. Your clothes may get dirty along this path..."

StarflightDream

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:51 pm

Makoto is startled at first by the wave of chakra but quickly returns the smile. Having trained with Neji-sensei, Makoto can almost "see" the vague outline of Godiame's chakra, but his skill is so unrefined that she appears as nothing more than a faint blur. Strange that she would communicate with me using chakra. No one has ever done that before... I like it!

Makoto bows in responese to Neji's directive, and excuses himself from the room. Precisely one hour and five minutes later Makoto walks up to the East Gate, a fresh pair of clothes carefully folded into his pack and a full case of senbon needles at his leg.

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Bayuka arrives there at exactly five minutes before an hour with only a small waist pack and nothing else. He's leaning against the gate when Makoto arrives.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:43 pm

Ikumi arrives right on time, the old backpack he used to carry books to and from the academy along for the ride. His sword is also strapped to his waist, but he didn't bother to bring his weapons pouch. Kunai and such had never been his strong point anyway.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:13 pm

Neji is there first, and he nods to each student as they arrive. He seems much more serious than usual, even for him.

"Alright, as I said, we'll take the path through the forest. I'll try to set a pace good for you, but do try to keep up. I don't want to spend too much time in THAT country..."

With that, he gets started into a run, leading the group into the forest. AS he runs, he says, "If you have any questions about the country of sound, fell free to ask."

ZetaStriker

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:50 pm

"Well, knowing who we need to talk to might be helpful, and I'm not exactly up to date on the Sound's current status. Who are its current leaders?"

StarflightDream

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:18 pm

Makoto is close on the heels of Ikumi, listening for his and Neji-sensei's footsteps to lead the way.

The country of sound.... I hope there isn't anything about that place that interferes with my ability to judge my surroundings.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:34 pm

Neji nods at Ikumi's question. "Their current leader is a man by the name Tsugarau Hide. I haven't met him before, but from what I've heard, he was assigned to lead the sound village by Godaime after Orochimaru was killed. Apparently, she trusts him, and he apparently has cut down on the amount of research on the techniques orochimaru favored drastically. The village of sound has not produced a single ninja with unusual jutsu provided by strange technological methods since his beginning to lead the Sounds. Apparently, he favors more traditional jutsu, which hopefully is a good thing."

OOC: And just for the record, Hide is pronounced Hee-day. And now Krail kills me.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:54 pm

"Well... is there anyone else that we might need to look into? There has to a few ninja in the Sound that Godaime is specifically distrustful of."

StarflightDream

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:58 pm

"Tsugarau Hide would be an obvious first choice to inquire with" Makoto says a little breathlessly as he tries to keep up with Ikumi and Neji.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:46 pm

"Well obviously..." Ikumi falls back a bit so Makoto can hear him better. "...but I'm wondering if there's anyone else we'll need to look out for. You know, a list of the usual suspects... Of course, I guess that is still a bit too much to ask."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:13 am

Neji narrows his eyes, and responds, "Godaime-sama said to be slightly more wary of the Genin... although outwardly the village seems to be friendly, there is a chance the younger ninjas acquired some resentment towards Konoha from their parents..." He then shakes his head. "Just keep your wits about you..."

----------------------------------------

Later that day, Team 4 arrived at the forested gates of the village of sound. Neji stopped to take a few short breaths and to let his younger ninja rest a bit longer. As they rest, they hear a strange music coming from deeper into the forest, the distinct sounds of Shamisen, Kodo Drums and an Enka voice forming a very traditional sounding song. Neji blinks, and says, "Music? I wasn't aware that there were musicians in the country of sound... perhaps their new training is having them live up to their name through more than just cheap tricks..." He then turns to his students. "Want to go investigate this little forest concert while we're here?"

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:20 am

OOC: Minna san? Haldo?

ZetaStriker

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 pm

"Well... it probably couldn't hurt, I guess..." He turns to Makoto and Bayuka. "Well, what do you guys think?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:04 am 
StarflightDream

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:23 am

Makoto stands almost mesmerized by the sounds drifting through the forest. Growing up as an orphan in the ninja academy, his experience with music and other less martial social activities was minimal.

"...Let's check it out" he finally manages.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:22 am

Bayuka agrees as well.

AS the three walk towards the music, they get a clearer view of three genin. There is a spiky, dirty blonde haired youth singing the melody, a long-haired redhead playing a kodo drum and a blue haired female playing a shamisen. Leading the three in music is a Jounin with crazy spiked pink hair with black sideburns.

As soon as Neji sees them, he says, over the music, "So, the leader of the sounds has become a conductor of a band?" The Jounin, hearing this, turns and grins. His voice is strangely dissonant and yet melodic at the same time. "Well, if it isn't one of the heroes of the Leaf! I expect you're here on official business; you're not one to visit us out of a whim." Neji grins. "Yeah, that's getting straight to the point."

The Jounin then eyes the three genin and chuckles. "They sent some kids with ya? Interesting. Guess I should be more cordial; These are the Genin I've been training lately; lots of potential in these three."

The three stop playing and stand up. The dirty-blonde stands up and says, "Hide-sama, shoul we introduce ourselves?" Hide nods. ""Right. Go ahead!"

The dirty-blonde grins, letting a small hint of sun hit his teeth and holds his hand to his face. "Of course." Turning to Neji's team, "You may call me Camui. Otoen Camui."

The redhead taps his drum and says, "And I am Taiko Kami."

The blue haired female merely looks to the side before saying softly, showing no emotion, "Biwa Mana."

OOC: Mwahahaha... I so evil...

ZetaStriker

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:22 pm

Ikumi raises his hand and manages to mumble, "Ikumi Asugara." He seems to be leaving the conversation up to Makoto, Bayuka and Neji as he tries desperately to think of what else he is supposed to say.

StarflightDream

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:12 pm

Makoto bows "Shirokaze Makoto."

Taiko Kami.... Drum God? This name must hold some significance in terms of his abilities...

"I find your discipline in the musical arts... fascinating" Makoto continues to address the group in general, nearly forgetting his manners "but what about your Genin's regular training? Do you spend all your time learning to play drums and flute?"

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:46 pm

(OOC: *lmao* In all seriousness, Starflight, that was TOTALLY not my intention with the name. In fact, the four sound nins you've met so far follow a particular naming scheme.)

Bayuka introduces himself as well.

After the three have introduced themselves. Hide says to Neji. "So, what bring you and your students here? It sure cannot be tourism." Neji nods. "That is correct, it isn't. It's official business from Godaime." Hide grins wildly. "Official business? Well, then, I suppose we should talk in a more official manner, huh?" He then lets out a laugh.

Camui responds to Makoto, looking over with a look that's attempting to look cool and a bit angsty, but coming off arrogant. "I can assure you, Makoto, this is a part of out training. This is the way the villiage of sound does things; we take individual talents and enhance them. My team consists of us who are skilled with the musical arts, and we adapt those."

Kami grins sideways at Makoto. "You'd be suprised how effective this training method is."

Mana stares blankly at Makoto, and utters the word, "Hitai-ate..."

Camui blinks at this comment, and then notices what Mana means. "Oh, hey! What's up with your Hitai-ate, Makoto-kun? Did it slide down your forehead or something?"

Hide looks at the Hitai-ate, and then grins. "Don't bother him about it. It's obvious he put it like that for a reason. Anyway, I have some business to do with Neji here. Why don't you three show his Genin around?" His eyes then shift to Neji, his grin becoming a smirk. "I'm sure that's exactly what they were gonna do anyway..."

The three nod, and start walking along a path. Camui calls out in a sing-song style voice, "Alright, follow us to the vill-age!"

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:37 pm

Bayuka's responses are terse as he studies the three genin, his expression unchanging. When they begin walking, he follows, not bothering to step soundly(as opposed to quietly.)

"I've heard much of your village," he says to no one in particular, in a flat, neutral tone of voice, "Strong Nin, but, historically speaking, not much for personality."

StarflightDream

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:59 pm

Makoto stops as though he was slapped in the face, then manages a wry grin (which comes off as more of a grimace)

Well, what did you expect, that no one would notice you running around with your hitai-ate over your eyes

"You wouldn't want to see me without it" Makoto responds "I'm blind anyway... but I can move around easily enough by following the sounds of other people's footsteps."

Makoto demonstrates this last statement by falling in line behind Camui, Kami and Mana as they lead toward the village.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm

Still trying to figure out exactly what he needs to do in order to accomplish his end of the mission, Ikumi silently steps into line behind the others. He was never any good at situations like this; for some reason he never could give a task his all if there wasn't any real pressure for him to complete it.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:02 pm

Mana looks back at Bayuka and replies, softly and to the point. "Of course. Orochimaru once led us. However, that was 20 years ago. Times have changed."

Kami takes a step back towards Makoto and nods. "Blind, huh? Interesting... I assume you fight using your other senses as well. I'm not sure how that might help or hurt you, but at the very least, it's pretty cool how you can live like that; after all, sometimes, eyes can decieve you..."

Camui turns around, giving his holier-than-thou look to Ikumi as he walks backwards. "You seem down, my friend." He then gives a weak grin. "Don't worry about everything; our village is not as bad as it used to be. C'mon, cheer up. It's not nice seeing a gloomy face like that."

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:28 pm

"That's what I'm hoping," Bayuka smiles... well, shows his teeth anyways: calling that a smile would be stretching it. Not that it's hostile, but more of as if to say 'we'll see.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:04 am 
StarflightDream

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:19 pm

(ooc: sorry for the delay)

Makoto nods, following suit "Some food would be much appreciated."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:42 pm

OOC: WE BE BACK, YO!

Camui grins. "Alright, then! We'll show you three our favorite Yakiniku place!"

Camui leads the three to a small Yakiniku place. As they walk in and sit down, the store owner says, "Iresshai Mase! Oh, Camui-kun, brought some friends today?"

Camui grins. "Visitors from the village of leaf, Shiyaku-san!" The store owner smiles and says, "Oh? Then I guess I'd better give you guys a larger serving, eh?" and starts working on the food while Camui leads the three to the table.

As they wait for the meal to cook, Kami speaks up. "So, you three know anything about the Chuunin exam? I heard it's going to be held in a month, and Konoha may be allowing us Sound nins to attend for the first time in 20 years! You guys know if this is true?"

ZetaStriker

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:51 pm

Ikumi thinks for a moment, and then shakes his head. "I guess Sensei doesn't think we're ready for it... he hasn't mentioned anything about a Chuunin Exam to us. We might be able to ask him about it before we leave though, he should know the details."

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:16 pm

"I've heard nothing, either; none of the old exam grounds are seeing any more activity than usual, as far as I can tell." Bayuka provides, taking a seat casually.

StarflightDream

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:55 am

Makoto takes a seat next to Bayuka.

"All I've heard is that it's very competitive" Makoto says "but I'm sure it will be good for both of our villages to participate."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:07 am

Camui laughs. "Well, whatever the case, I do hope it's soon. Hide-sensei said he'd be sending us if they allowed us to go this year."

Kami grins. "I hope you guys can make it; even if you are a relatively new team, I have heard of cases where Rookies have reached the top tiers of these things. Perhaps you'll have a chance."

Mana looks sideways at Kami, saying nothing.

The food arrives at the table, and the three sounds start eating.

As they eat, Camui grins at the three, saying, "So, what'd'ya think of our village these days? Very different than the place it was 20 years ago, huh?"

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:49 pm

Bayuka shrugs, saying nothing.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

"Well I certainly don't remember hearing about Yakinuku shops from our teachers..." Ikumi seems to be relaxing a bit more now, feeling more as if he's just around other kids his own age rather than the ninja of another village.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:02 pm

OOC: Alright, this stalling on my part has gone on far too long. I promise from now on I shall get at least 2 posts a week, assuming you guys keep up with me. I don't want this game to end, since I have so much rough planning already planned out. Like, say, 4 story arcs down the road outlines. ^^

Camui notes that this seems to be an uncomfortable question and changes the subject. "So... what kind of missions does Konoha send you guys on? They can't be any worse than the kinds of things we have to do here."

Kami nods in agreement. "Yeah, most of the oddjobs we've had to do have been cake; only two C rank missions so far. And what were with those missions early on, anyway? Babysitting? Shopping? COME ON!"

Mana continues to remain silent.

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:38 pm

"Not too bad, nothing ridiculous as far as I could tell. This is our first mission that might be considered above a D... but after talking to you guys, I think it'll probably qualify as a D once it's all over... no one on the street seemed to look at us as anything other than rookies from out of town. So unless there's some big underground plan known only to the leaders, which I doubt in the hope that they're smarter than that, it doesn't seem like this will be any trouble." Bayuka replies, explaining a bit more than usual while seeming to stare off into the street and twirling a pair of chopsticks, though the corner of his eyes are focused on everyone around him, "Of course, I could be horribly wrong, and we could end up dragged into something more suited to Jounin where death is almost a certainty for us... but I think I'll be optomistic and put my money on not."

StarflightDream

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:14 pm

"Well, we did have a mission to bring our years of training against a nest of vermin infesting our school" Makoto says in a rare show of humor.

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:41 pm

"You mean the teachers?" Bayuka says, feigning a look of confusion.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:11 pm

Bayuka's comment seems to rob the comedy from Makoto's joke for Ikumi, who frowns and says, "The teachers weren't that bad..." Respect for his elders had been driven into his head at the orphanage, and that made it a bit hard for him to appreciate the joke at his teacher's expense.

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:59 pm

"C'mon, I was just kidding. There had to be at least one of them that got on your nerves, right guys?" he looks at everyone.

ZetaStriker

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:27 pm

"Not really... the only thing I really disliked about school was having to get up so early." Ikumi grins sheepishly, and adds, "Although it's not as if Sensei is making our schedule any better."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:05 am 
Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:55 pm

"Meh, still time to catch dinner."

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:47 pm

Camui laughs and says, "You guys are an interesting bunch, that's for sure."

Kami nods in agreement, and says, "Yeah, they are. So, you're worried about this becoming a D-rank mission huh?"

Camui snickers. "Well, then, since this is a C-rank, perhaps we shouldn't leave you empty handed. Up for a friendly team duel, you three versus us three? Our practice today was cut a little short after all..."

ZetaStriker

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:22 pm

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea... but I have been meaning to try out my new jutsu in actual combat." He looks back to Makoto and Bayuka. "I guess it's up to you two. Think we should test our strength against another country's Genin?"

Scygnus Darkhawk

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:11 pm

"Sure, I could go for a fight. Good way to work up an appetite." Bayuka says.

HimizujinEternia

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:20 am

OOC: I'll be away from my computer, the one with all your stats on it, for a week. Starflight? If you would post in that time period, it would be muchly appreciated.

StarflightDream

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:34 pm

"Yosh!" Makoto says, stretching his arms and cracking his neck with a grin "no better way to learn. Let's go!"

ooc: heh heh, just made the deadline ;P. Sorry for delay, been busy with work.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:48 pm 
ooc: Genin Shirokaze Makoto reporting for duty, sir :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:33 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
OOC: Genin Niwara Bayuka currently spotty but here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:55 am 
OOC: GM Himmy reporting for duty! A pair of old people and a laziness monster attacked me, but I made it alright! Time to begin!

Camui, Kami and even Mana nod. "Right, then! Let's go to the forest where we were training! Hide-sensei and Neji are probably going to head back there later, anyway; easier to find us there than in the village."

They lead the Leaf nins back to the village outskirts, to the clearing where they first met. Camui, Kami and Mana walk to one side of the clearing, indicating team 4 go to the other. With a grin, Camui says, "Well, shall we begin?"

With that, he whips out a microphone, Kami picks up his drum and drops it heavily onto the ground, and Mana grabs her Shamisen and raises a finger to the strings...

/***** BATTLE START! *****\

Battle Name: Team 4 vs. Sound Nins

/************ Heroes ***********\

Name: Shirokaze Makoto
Health: 60/60
Chakra: 130/130
Attack: 9
Defense: 13
Chakra Focus: 2
Actions per round: 3
Condition: Good

Name: Niwara Bayuka
Health: 55/55
Defense: 18
Chakra Focus: 3
Actions per round: 2

Name: Asugara Ikumi
Health: 95/95
Chakra: 110/110
Actions per round: 4

/******** Enemies *********\

Otoen Camui
Health: 100%

Taiko Kami

Biwa Mana

OOC: Alright, sorry it took so long. Let's go!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:12 pm 
OOC: Eh-herm... Uh... Himi? Could you re-send me Bayuka's sheet? I think I have it on my home computer, but I can't access that right now...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:51 am 
"Well..." Seeing that the Sound-nin have already drawn their unique weapons, Ikumi pulls free the sword at his waist. "I suppose we should take out their instruments first..." With that he launches himself at the easiest of the three targets, using what he hopes to be his advantage in speed to cut a hole in Kami's drum before whatever odd technique the boy has can be used against them. Thrusting out across the 'skin' that covers the drum's top, he attempts to split that down the middle before following up with a second thrust to its center. If either of these fail to hit, he'll continue to slash at his opponent's weapon, but if the drum is damaged, he'll drop back and prepare himself to parry incoming attacks. For now, he'd be content with probing the Sound-nin's defenses.

Last edited by ZetaStriker on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:17 pm 
Makoto follows Ikumi's lead and starts across the field at a run, heading for Camui. When he closes the distance he will feint a low kick to try and throw off Camui's guard and follow up with a strong punch aimed at the solar plexus.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:00 am 
Bayuka watches the other two run towards their prospective targets and chuckles a bit, "You three places us clearly, it seems..." he says before turning his gaze to Mana and grinning coldly. He doesn't act, but he plans; he will examine any special attack she makes and attempt to avoid it. Should she come in a frontal assault, he will create three bunshins as he dodges, then strike.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:15 am 
Ikumi draws his sword and dashes towards Kami, attempting to attack Kami's weapon. As he attacks, Kami says, "Now, now, no trying to harm a musician's instrument! That's terribly rude!" And he takes measures to avoid all the attacks.

Ikumi's attacks: 43(52), 21(30), 7(16), 29(38)
Kami's defense: 98(116), 85(103), 57(75), 82(100)
((OOC: I swear, that's how the diceroller program did that.))

Kami seems VERY protective of his drum indeed, and protects it from all for attacks. His arm gets nicked a couple of times, though.
Damage to Kami: 10

Meanwhile, Makoto dashes towards the singer, aiming his hits with amazing accuracy for someone with his vision.

Makoto's attacks: 55 (no bonus for feint), 84(93)
Camui's defense: 68(82), 47(61)
Damage to Camui: 24

The feint works as planned, and Makoto manages to strike Camui square in the gut. Camui staggers back and coughs a bit.

Bayuka observes Mana's actions.

Kami grins at Ikumi after his attacks. "Man, calm down a little; I'm your opponent, not the drum... then again, had you hit it, I would be in a tight spot, so..." he then raises his sticks and hits the drum, and a small shockwave seems to run along the ground towards Ikumi.

Kami's attack: 84(102)
Ikumi's defense: 68(81)
Damage to Ikumi: 29

Ikumi feels the shockwave pass over his body, and begins to feel a tad nauseous. Although he has no visible wounds, it does hurt.

Camui takes a moment to recover from the blow, obviously hurting. He then looks up and glares. "Are you trying to ruin my singing voice? What wasn't very nice of you..." He then holds the mike to his mouth and utters the words, "Onin Bouga..." He takes a step back, and starts singing a song, a song that seems to raise the morale of his teammates.

Mana stares quietly back at Bayuka, and then plucks a single string on her Shamisen, saying "Shouonkiri." Suddenly, a blade of Chakra seems to leap from it towards Bayuka.

Mana's attack: 28(45)
Bayuka's defense: 51(69)

Bayuka sidesteps the blade of chakra easily.

/************ Heroes ***********\

Name: Shirokaze Makoto
Health: 60/60
Actions per round: 3

Name: Niwara Bayuka
Health: 55/55
Defense: 18
Chakra Focus: 3
Actions per round: 2

Name: Asugara Ikumi
Health: 66/95
Chakra: 110/110
Actions per round: 4

/********** Enemies *********\

Otoen Camui
Health: 73%
Condition: Good, singing

Taiko Kami
Health: 89%

Biwa Mana

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:16 pm 
Bayuka smirks as he dodges, then lets loose a triplet of shuriken in response, lining them up horizontally about a foot and a half apart.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 pm 
Makoto hesitates for a moment, fascinated by Camui's coruscating chakra as he recovers from the punch and begins singing.

"Aren't you going to defend yourself?" Makoto asks incredulously "I hate to hit a singing opponent but I'm not holding back!"

Makoto moves into a Taijiquan form known as "Hands-like-clouds," delivering three swift open palmed strikes aimed at the temples.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG